PDA

View Full Version : Starting therapy this week

jennylw2
01-12-2009, 10:27 PM
Well I called the therapist and setup an appointment. She was very nice and let me send her an email before hand with a little... ok a lot of history. I think that will give us a good head start on the session tho.

I'm soooo nervous. I mean I know she's not going to talk to me then say: "Yep you're TG, lets get you changed", but it's that kind of irrational fear. Not that I'm afraid of being TG or maybe I am I don't know. It's like I want it, but I'm afraid of the changes it will make in my life. I'm sure everyone here knows what I mean in some way. Geh.

Anyway I wanted to say thanks to everyone for helping me through the last few days. Hope this goes well.

-Jenny

Jessicaparkson
01-12-2009, 10:56 PM
Good for you. The therapist is there to help, remember that. Work with them. Be honest. Don't tell them what you think they'll want to hear, just be yourself. Enjoy the experience and learn, therapists are usually repositories of knowledge.

Hugs to you,
Jess

gagirl1
01-12-2009, 11:14 PM
that's great news, Jenny. the first few visits will be mostly paperwork and formalities, but once that garbage is out of the way, you will be able to open up, and, if she's a good one, will be able to help you make sense of everything (although at this point it sounds like you understand yourself pretty well). the best advice i can give you is to go in there with a goal. you will achieve many others, but having a main goal (like, "i want to be a woman, help me get through the transition") will help greatly. above all be honest. she's not going to come out and say you're not trans, she has no basis to say so. so just be yourself, and let go of everything. you'll feel better once you do. good luck, and keep us posted!

Karen564
01-16-2009, 01:49 PM
I wish you the Best Jenny, It's definitely a big huge step for you in the right direction & sort things out.
:hugs:
Hugs,
Karen