PDA

View Full Version : Back from Be-All

GypsyKaren
06-13-2005, 12:22 AM
My wife and I spent friday night at the Be-All in Chicago and had a great time. We did miss a lot of stuff because we were late getting there due to the traffic, so we had to settle on partying in the bar all night. Such a cruel fate, but somebody had to do it.

We met lots and lots of fellow trannies and made a lot of new friends. It did my heart good to see how confident everybody was in themselves, just there to have a good time. Even the straights staying at the hotel were comfortable being around us, and the staff went overboard to make everyone feel welcome. My hat's off to the Sheraton for hosting the event. I hope it stays up here next year so I can devote more time to it.
GypsyKaren

DanaJ
06-13-2005, 04:53 AM
Sounds you had a great time Karen! It's also great that your wife attended with you too, were there many other wives/SOs/GGs there?

DanaJ

GypsyKaren
06-13-2005, 11:50 AM
You know Dana,there wasn't any there that we got to meet, but many of the girls we met told us that they had supportive wives back home. Most of them told us they had babysitter problems. It's good to see more and more of us coming out of the closet, I know it's the best thing I ever did.
GypsyKaren

Tristen Cox
06-13-2005, 03:06 PM
Good for you, happy to hear you had a great time :thumbsup:

Julie
06-13-2005, 06:06 PM
Karen,

Glad you had a good time. I went last year and had a ball. I stayed from Friday night to Sunday. It was at another hotel but I was saying the same thing about the people and staff last year as you did this year. People aren't really as freaked out by us as we tend to think.

I was planning on stopping in either Friday or Saturday if I got any replies any of the members here were going but I never did. Also I was kind of in a funk until I got finally 'made' myself get dressed Saturday. Even though I know dressing always picks me up, for some reason when I'm not and in that funky mood I seem to be so good talking myself out of that. That's a skill I need to unlearn.

As far as I know the people scheduling the event want to keep it here so it should be back here again next year. I think that was the 5th year in a row it was in Chicago.

I wonder how many other forum members were there?

Deidra Cowen
06-13-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm gald you had fun...I would love to go to an event like that. Hope to do SCC here in ATL this fall!