PDA

View Full Version : Photograph fear / more

JoAnne Wheeler
01-14-2009, 10:47 AM
I really love to see all the pictures that have been posted to this website -

BUT, do any of you FEAR that these photos will come back to haunt you ?
For those of us in rather high profile occupations and being active in the community (not the CD community) I worry that someone who knows me will download my photos and tell others. I know that we have femme names and so forth, but it still may be possible to put two and two together.

I just thought I would ask and get some opinions before I post my own pictures of JoAnne - JoAnne is ready to post, but my male self is not so sure and fears exposure.

Love always,

JoAnne Wheeler

CharleneT
01-14-2009, 11:05 AM
It can be a legit concern for sure, especially if posted in the main forum ( which can be accessed by the general public). Pictures in the other forums, especially private ones, well a lot safer. Completely safe ? Nope, any member could download any image you see on here and spread it around some how. So, yes they could come back to haunt you in some way. BUT the haunt would be bad only if there is a way to "hold it against you". For many, that may not really be a concern. I think everyone should make their minds up and be as cautious as they feel they need to be. Do not let the fact that some of us show faces etc, push you towards doing the same thing - maybe it is not best for you.

C.

cindym5_04
01-14-2009, 11:09 AM
I think your concern is legitimate. You do have to be careful when you're in a higher profile position, too- not only posting on a forum like this, but even photos that are on your computer (work or personal). We all have to be careful and it's a risk that you take. I don't know where my life is going to lead me in the longer term, but to me, so what if there are photos of me dressed as a girl. I've done other things that some might say are worse than that (no not drugs). I just take ownership of what I do.

Sally2005
01-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Sure, but you can always deny it. Who's going to recognize you. Besides, you can start asking questions about why that other person is hanging out on the CDers sites if they are not in to it themselves, 'not that there is anything wrong with that'. Or just bite the bullet and admit that you have dabbled a bit... For some place like work, I think my response would be 'who's asking? and why do they want to know?'.

Some images from this site have ended up on youtube and I'm sure other sites. You have to be prepared for that.

Kate Simmons
01-14-2009, 11:32 AM
Nothing ventured, nothing gained I always say. Sure we don't know who does what with the pics we post here but the uncertainty is part of the deal really(and part of the fun). The laws of probability are in flux with crossdressing and being TG and we never really know how what we do affects others. It can be strange and wonderful or it can be discouraging and dismal.It depends on the person really. When it comes to self discovery, it's really a whole new ball game to most folks but if they stick with it they will learn the secret. What's the secret? Now, that would be telling right? Those who know it know what I mean.;):battingeyelashes::)

Karren H
01-14-2009, 11:38 AM
NO!! Not any more.. Yeah the first one was scarry but nothing happened... So I posted another.. Still nothing.. Hmmmm. Now with thousands of photos and movies of me enfemme.. And some in drab.. Over the last 5 years.. Still no adverse reactions!!

Kelsy
01-14-2009, 12:41 PM
I would suggest that if you are going to post a photo then make sure that you're looking good!!!!:)

Kelsy

Samantha43
01-14-2009, 12:47 PM
I agree with Sally.

If someone finds a picture of you on here, they are here for a reason.

Kelly DeWinter
01-14-2009, 12:47 PM
One Name ..... Barny Frank ... Just be yourself !

cindym5_04
01-14-2009, 12:58 PM
I work at a pretty high-class law firm. They also are highly rated with the GLBT community and have received awards. No, I'm not a lawyer, though. I mean what would they really do?

One guy found a pic of me once and tried to show some of the women here who he thought would be trying to get with me, that he wanted to do. My pics were on another website. They just asked him how he got access and how he found them. :heehee:

Lorileah
01-14-2009, 01:08 PM
What can they do to me? I am old, I am at the age where I go to more funerals than weddings. I have lived up to "their" standards for the majority of my life and was not as happy as I could have been. I know it sounds morbid but dammit I deserve to be me for the rest of what life I have. I don't harm small children or animals. I don't hit on married men. I don't press my agenda on anyone.

I agree if they are here they deserve exactly what they see. And doggone it I look pretty good as girl

(rant mode off)

StacyCD
01-14-2009, 01:24 PM
Due to the individual circumstances for each of us being very different, some people can handle being 'out' while others cannot afford the possibility due to job, family, or other concerns. As a result, some people will never post a picture while others have posted family albums. Since each of us crossdress for different reasons, posting pictures is not the goal for everyone to achieve. If you are worried that a picture will come back and haunt you, it's probably not a good idea to post it.

kristinacd55
01-14-2009, 01:29 PM

For those of us in rather high profile occupations and being active in the community (not the CD community) I worry that someone who knows me will download my photos and tell others. I know that we have femme names and so forth, but it still may be possible to put two and two together.

I just thought I would ask and get some opinions before I post my own pictures of JoAnne - JoAnne is ready to post, but my male self is not so sure and fears exposure.

Love always,

JoAnne Wheeler
You hit the nail right on the head there Joanne. That's why I just have my girlish avatar. I would love to post my pics on, & maybe someday I will. But I"m not ready to yet! :)

trannie T
01-14-2009, 01:42 PM
I don't know what there is to be afraid of. If my photos got out I might suffer a little embarassment for a while but that would be the worst of it.

Kelsy
01-14-2009, 03:24 PM
Joanne,

I have a question. Wouldn't it stand to reason that if someone was here looking for you then don't you think they have a pretty sharp suspicion about you already and if they just happened to recognize you cruising this site than what in hxxl are they doing here? Plus do you think they could recognize you en fem??

:)Kelsy

Carly D.
01-14-2009, 03:53 PM
Due to the individual circumstances for each of us being very different, some people can handle being 'out' while others cannot afford the possibility due to job, family, or other concerns. As a result, some people will never post a picture while others have posted family albums. Since each of us crossdress for different reasons, posting pictures is not the goal for everyone to achieve. If you are worried that a picture will come back and haunt you, it's probably not a good idea to post it.

There's always those who post and makes their faces unviewable.. that would be good.. or like me pose with the face nearly not viewable.. more back shots and almost face shots.. but I do agree that if you are truly afraid of any kind of discovery don't show any pictures here or on any other site.. my feeling is that if any of my family/friends/whatever should stumble across this site and find my pictures (such as they are) and put it together that "hey that's uncle/brother/whatever..." then my question to that person would be what were you doing there?? over all I'm not in a position that would wreck my marriage (not married) social standing (not on any board for anything anywhere) and as far as family is concerned I'm in the closet and want to remain there for the foreseeable future, and would hope that if anyone found this site and wanted to confront me about it that they would pull me aside and tell me what a brave/pervert/asshole I am.. whatever..

Sheila
01-14-2009, 04:11 PM
wow, now u got me thinking hun, I put my pic on here after M & I split, never took it down, or gave it another thought when Debs and I got tog ..... so if anybody see's me out with Debs on male mode, they could put 2 +2 tog & come up with 4 .... will have a chat with her about it with her later and see how she feels about it, and let you all know. Thanks

Darlene Dippy
01-14-2009, 04:17 PM
Well at my age I think I'd like the notoriety - Life in the old girl yet!

Darlene

Jess_cd32
01-14-2009, 04:19 PM
I think your concerns are also very legitimate JoAnne.
I'd say really think it out and only go as far as your comfortable with.
You know you could only show a partial area of your face if you choose, like hiding the other half with a book or something, probably how you'll end up seeing me in the future.

Lisa Golightly
01-14-2009, 04:25 PM
I think it is something you worry about before you do it... My photos have been a very positive aspect of my time in the community.

Sue Too
01-14-2009, 04:26 PM
We each have our own comfort level. I personally thing that there is little chance of someone I know recognizing me en femme. Yes as Karren stated, the first one is a little scary, but after that the rest get easier. It's really a lot like your feelings the first time you ventured outside your front door en femme.

Susan from Phoenix GO CARDINALS

Male By Birth
Female By Design

Ruth
01-14-2009, 04:34 PM
I've got nothing really new to add but I'll come in because I thought this through a while back and posted my picture (plus a whole gallery).
The chances of someone you know (but who doesn't know the femme side of you) surfing this site by pure chance and recognising you must be very remote. Not worth thinking about.
It's more plausible for someone with CD leanings to be looking here because they want to find out stuff. If this is someone you know, where's the harm? You may have found a new CD friend.
Finally, regardless of real or imaginary risk, there is the question of commitment. I am committed enough to membership of this site that I want you to see me. Also, I'm not ashamed of my appearance. In terms of self- and mutual recognition, the people on this site deserve to be able to see one another face to face, if only via photographs. This is probably more important than the vague risk of unwanted exposure.

AmandaM
01-14-2009, 04:36 PM
Take some photos and use ones that aren't really useful for identifying you.

Sapphire
01-14-2009, 04:54 PM
Hi Joanne,
The risk of placing your photographs on line is very real. You have to think of the worst possible outcomes and make your decision. I have to agree with most of the advice that has been provided already. It might help to imagine the worst possible scenario and assess its likelihood and whether you could deal with the consequences. If you are in a relationship that could be endangered then you also need to take into account the sensitivities of your partner. Age must also be a factor, for example whether you are the parent of young children who could find the situation difficult to deal with. If you think it out carefully beforehand then you should have less to worry about - whatever your decision.

Best Wishes,

Katrina red nails
01-14-2009, 04:55 PM
All the pictures i have posted so far are from the neck down.
I think there is some slight fear of being recognised but as many have already said why are the 'recognisers' in here at all.
The other probably greater reason is with no wig and only lipstick as make up it is not a pretty sight (although i regret my earrings not getting their share of the attention).:)

Sheila
01-14-2009, 05:48 PM
had a chat with Debs a minute a go and she is okay with my Pic being on here and she had thought about it before but had said nothing because she is not worried if someone does put 2 + 2 tog and come up with 4 :) :D:D

Deborah Jane
01-14-2009, 05:57 PM
wow, now u got me thinking hun, I put my pic on here after M & I split, never took it down, or gave it another thought when Debs and I got tog ..... so if anybody see's me out with Debs on male mode, they could put 2 +2 tog & come up with 4 .... will have a chat with her about it with her later and see how she feels about it, and let you all know. Thanks

had a chat with Debs a minute a go and she is okay with my Pic being on here and she had thought about it before but had said nothing because she is not worried if someone does put 2 + 2 tog and come up with 4 :) :D:D

Bovvered??....Do i look bovvered??....Face....Bovverred??....Nope, i ain,t bovvered!!!!

If anyone does happen to to put 2+2 together and make 4 i,ll ask em one simple question?

Do you think my bum looks big in my pics? :heehee:

monika
01-14-2009, 06:04 PM
I am abit scared that someone I know might find my photos, but I feel
I look so different in malemode that I am hard to recognise from the Monikaphotos so I`ll take the chance.
Been close to posting my guyphoto on here as well, but That is really a risk I think:eek:

JennSC
01-14-2009, 06:17 PM
You have to use your feminine instinct and be comfortable with what you are doing. As you can see, in most public posts I use sunglasses (they are so glam, anyway) or turn my head. There are always those who may discover something and for whatever reason they were on the site, use it for illgotten gain, or as a way to get to you. Stay in your comfort zone honey, you will sleep better at night!

Sam-antha
01-14-2009, 06:22 PM
My first pic - more about that elsewhere - was not difficult to post. Pressing the button was not hard and once it was done, well the pic was out and if I recalled it one minute later, well the damage - whatever that could have been - might have been done in that first minute.
No, the difficult bit was making up my mind to press the button. That was sort of scary fun.

~Sam

Stephanie81
01-14-2009, 08:13 PM
Personally, I couldn't care less.. All the people who are important too me know I'm female half the time, so if they see a pic of me online looking hot, fantastic.. if anyone else does, and says something to me, i tell them the truth!!

Be yourself, that's what i say.. you'll feel much better!

:D

Ressie
01-14-2009, 08:29 PM
One of these days I'll add a photo for the avatar. With enough make up, wig chances of being recognized are slim. How about wearing glasses, sunglasses?

jennifer41356
01-14-2009, 10:11 PM
It can be a legit concern for sure, especially if posted in the main forum ( which can be accessed by the general public). Pictures in the other forums, especially private ones, well a lot safer. Completely safe ? Nope, any member could download any image you see on here and spread it around some how. So, yes they could come back to haunt you in some way. BUT the haunt would be bad only if there is a way to "hold it against you". For many, that may not really be a concern. I think everyone should make their minds up and be as cautious as they feel they need to be. Do not let the fact that some of us show faces etc, push you towards doing the same thing - maybe it is not best for you.

C.

:censor: NO:D

CherylAnne
01-14-2009, 10:21 PM
I have photo fear, fear of breaking the camera.

Cari
01-14-2009, 11:16 PM
I would never post a before and after pic and the one in the avitar is rather old. Its a real concern but in my case it's been a few years and only other CD's or admirers have found me.

That happenned because they started putting together info from various posts or met me at an event ect, never from just the pic or profile. Also none were just surfing the web and saw the pic they had spent some time at the site and read a few posts ect.

You may want to take a look at your pics side by side and ask yourself how recognizable you are. Some of us are easier to recognize than others. In my case I dont pass but I hide rather well.

Or better yet take a pic and all the info you have posted, location, height weight age occupation ect and make a wanted poster. See how many people would fit the description.

Cari

Jo-Michelle
01-14-2009, 11:57 PM
They say once you post a picture on the internet its there forever. Oh well I don't care. I haven't posted a pic of myself yet because theres much work to be done. When I'm happy with my looks I'll post many pics.

trannie T
01-14-2009, 11:58 PM
Has anyone ever been outed by having their photograph posted on this site?

Sakura Rini
01-15-2009, 12:09 AM
i got a great idea for people who want to show photo but are afraid to do so, take photo of yourself wearing a mask

Sedona
01-15-2009, 12:20 AM
JoAnne,

My advice is to do what you're comfortable doing. If you don't want to post your face, don't post your face. I work in a fairly public profession, and I am not comfortable posting my face (I did once, but heavily photoshopped it, so it's unrecognizable).

If you want to maintain private, don't let other girls railroad you or peer-pressure you, as I've occasionally gotten.

Once you post it here, assume it can and might appear just about anywhere, given enough time.

MissConstrued
01-15-2009, 12:26 AM
One Name ..... Barny Frank ... Just be yourself !

And I'll bet you dollars to donuts Barney Frank isn't the only one who likes young boys, and is STILL in Congress. Lots of people in DC know it, too.

There are pictures of Rudy Giuliani dressed up like Marilyn Monroe. Didn't stop him from a run at president. I kinda doubt that was the only time....

Seems like the bigger of a personality you are, the more you can get away with. A lot of us would get fired and sued for keeping interns under our desks. But we all know who got away with it.

As for me, I'm a nobody. I can get my own work, or take my skills anywhere. Everyone I care about already knows, and there's just no way I can be damaged if anyone else finds out. It's a freedom all its own, really, and I believe there's a path to that for all of us.

Lisa Catherine
01-15-2009, 01:30 AM
In my male mode, I'm very muscular, and I have no quips or qualms about breaking someone in half the moment they try to blackmail or "cause me heartburn" about my femme half. Of course, that's my male persona, my dominant side talking. I need to "doll up" and be my femme side on occasion:love::drink: , but afterward, I truly enjoy being my male persona!:tongueout:2c:

Susieboots
01-15-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi Joanne

Don't worry, you're not alone in this and I think many of us have, or have had similar fears.
I now post pictures of myself but I'm still moving towards the full face as well, so like you I haven't made the final plunge yet either.
I think you will know when the time is right for you, and when that happens I'm sure there will be lots of positive comments.
good luck

Susie xx.

Terra_Branford
01-15-2009, 09:13 AM
I'm a bit afraid of this myself, hence why I've not posted pictures. I live in an extremely conservative area though, and am currently studying to become a teacher, so the risk of posting a photo for me may be somewhat higher than for most.

Tashee
01-15-2009, 09:25 AM

Love always,

JoAnne Wheeler

Yes yes and Yes Some of us are somebodies---And in a close minded world, I can take the BS. But my Aging old fashion parents. My career. My KIDS. The world is mean. That is why I thanks GOD for the tasteful ground Breakers whom make life for us EZ'er and more acceptable..

I knew a politician who liked to Dress-He had a great future- His enemies got to him-Showed him ALL his Pics---That was it--DONE--Granted they kept it silenced on the grounds he walks away..

My tech friend said tech will be out in some years and it will be able to track everything everyone does- Kinda like NO secrets then!! But of course you will have to buy the Anti software to keep your past gone and secret..As He said--Tashee this is where it is going.. This is the IT man at the Dept!!

Anna the Dub
01-15-2009, 11:00 AM
Don't care who knows or sees me anymore, I have nothing to hide. In fact, I sent a picture of myself to my sister in law in Dublin, knowing full well that it will do the rounds in the family. Who cares? This is me, warts and all.

JulieK1980
01-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Me personally, I could care less at this stage of my life. If someone, tried to blackmail me with it, I would love to drag it out in court with a lawsuit. Hopefully they got lots of money though, since I didn't win the powerball..:doh:

But after 6 years in the Navy, I completely understand your concern. There are a lot of professions in the world where it would be a real issue.

Mitch23
01-15-2009, 12:26 PM
I have loads of my pics on this site and others along with flickr and myspace. i don't think there is anyone left on the planet who might be shocked at seeing them ... as sure as my names isn't George W Bush (oops)

mitch

Samantha Kelsey
01-15-2009, 12:29 PM
I suppose that a lot depends on how far "out" you are. If you're fully closeted or only stay in the house and don't want anyone finding out about you then it would be foolish to show photos showing your face. On the other hand if you're seen on the streets fully en feme regularly and many people know then what the heck who will care.
Of course there are many degrees in between my examples if you think posting pics will harm you or others then don't post (leastways not showing your face).

Celeste
01-15-2009, 12:48 PM
I worried about this an awful lot for the first six months of being on the site,then I thought ,"if I improve my look enough,I won't be recognized quite that easy".So I used that as a sort of "incentive".However, if some one does identify me and react adversely,well we could all benefit from eliminating a little more hate from our lives.

MelodyS.
01-15-2009, 01:29 PM
I use my picture editing software to blur my face in pictures. I get so nervous, I hide things in the background of my pictures as well.

I just get paranoid, I don't know why, I just do.

As soon as I get better with makeup, then maybe I will post my face. I have taken pictures of my face close up in girl mode and I am way too reconizable.

I say let us see you. I love looking at the girls on here, it gives me inspiration to dress more and I love showing off all my outfits. I may be in the closet, but my clothes are too cute to be seen by just me. :p

Tashee
01-15-2009, 01:55 PM
I have a tragic story. My wife and I and her Gay friends went to a gay club in Boston. We ended up seeing someone. He was freaked. I went up to him and assured him it did not matter what he was doing there we, I did not care. My view of him has nothing to do with whom he is attracted to..

That said we noticed another one- This man full of BS. He offered a lame excuse of why he was there. No one asked why he was there. It was evident to me he was cruising. He noticed our mutual friend. He Blasted that so and so was gay etc. This guy is was a cop- This got so bad this man came inches of being successful in taking his life.

I was healthy. I came inches of beating the other man of his life.
Some people for whatever disposition are comfortable in their closet. Some are not..

The guy I thought was cruising said he was ((following a suspect)) into the club----

The Man who almost took his life is no longer a cop- his life is still ruined self imposed-

jazmine
01-15-2009, 01:57 PM
Yeah. It was a big worry of mine. May still be somewhat of a worry. But when I really think about it, I don't care anymore. Life is too short. What are they going to do anyways? If they want to fight, I'll fight...if they want to laugh, I'll laugh too,.....if they want to fire me, I'll get something else.........If they want to disown me..........goodbye.

Sam-antha
01-15-2009, 03:12 PM
Truly, as someone has pointed out, there is no knowing where your photo will end up.
One of mine, not a scenic without persona, (ex Flickr) seems destined for Schmap's Glasgow edition.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schmap)

Well, I dunno..........

~Samm

Jennifer_G
01-15-2009, 04:57 PM
It depends on how much your femme look resembles your drab self.

I showed a couple of friends pictures of Jennifer and they would not believe it was me so for myself I think the possibility of being discovered this way is remote.

CD Susan
01-15-2009, 06:10 PM
JoAnne, your decision to post pictures of yourself while dressed on the internet is a personal one and only you can make this decision. Everyones circumstances are different so you have to examine yours to determine what the right thing to do is in your particular situation. I have pictures of myself posted here as well as many other places on the internet and it took me a long time to decide that this was what I really wanted to do. When I joined this site 9 months ago I was terrified of someone finding out about me. After two months of being a member here I began to lose that fear and decided I was ready to start posting pictures of myself. The factors that influenced this decision was (1) I am single and have no other people living with me to be concerned about. (2) All of my relatives allready know I am a cd. None of them have ever seen me dressed but they have known for 13 years since my ex-wife outed me to them during the divorce. (3) I retired a year ago so I do not have co-workers or an employer or job to be concerned with. (4) I have only a small circle of friends that do not know I cd and if they did find out and rejected me because of it I was prepared for that possibility. After thinking about all of this I decided to put up an avatar pic of myself as well as photo albums here as well as numerous other websites. In my situation I have very little to lose if I am "discovered" so I do not let it stop me from doing what I want. I realise your situation is different from mine and you have to do what is in your best interests. Good luck with your decision.

LisaM
01-15-2009, 06:47 PM
I don't think anyone would be able to recognize me from my picture as Lisa. Years ago I would attend major CD/TS conferences and I remember checking out and seeing friends in 'guy' mode and not even recognizing them. But that is my opinion and I suspect that others might recognize me---but then I'd ask why they were on the forum in the first place.

Kimberly Marie Kelly
01-15-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm too old to care, my kids know, my ex knows, my coworkers know I dress femininely, so if they found the pictures of me, I would just be outed some more and I'd be freer. :battingeyelashes:

Dr.Susan
01-15-2009, 08:30 PM
I saw a picture of someone here, then I found the same picture on another site under a different name. That site also had a lot more of the same person so I belive that location is the real owner. The person here only had one picture posted and most likely borrowed it.

So if you are worried about your pictures showing up elsewhere or somebody else using them I would restrain from posting. That is why I don't.

MissConstrued
01-15-2009, 08:32 PM
No, love, you've got it the wrong way round.

The more you get away with it, the bigger person you become.

You are what you do.

I hadn't thought of it that way, but I like it. :)

Ressie
01-15-2009, 08:32 PM
Some of these pics have your face so far back that it would be impossible to be recognized. Also, if you have editing software, you can crop part of your face out. I set my camera on auto to take photos in private. So there are lots of ways to post a pic of some sort. Try it! :hugs:

Valerie
01-15-2009, 10:40 PM
What can they do to me? I am old, I am at the age where I go to more funerals than weddings. I have lived up to "their" standards for the majority of my life and was not as happy as I could have been. I know it sounds morbid but dammit I deserve to be me for the rest of what life I have.

(rant mode off)
I loved your reply, and I feel very much the same. But, you old? With those dazzling looks?!

Valerie

beenherelongtime
01-15-2009, 10:52 PM
if you are high profile and outing could hurt you i would be very cautious.

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-16-2009, 02:06 AM
why is anyone afraid of being seen in pix on THIS site while enfemme???????????

if anyone was to see "us" here they would have just as much to explain as "we" would,,,,, :2c:

Fionax
01-16-2009, 02:32 AM
Whilst in general I agree with nearly everybody who say that the person must have been a trifle odd to be lurking in any case, though that in itself opens up a discussion on why should n't they and why is it an argument for the defence? There is one particular activity that posting a picture in girl mode could wreak havoc and that is politics ~ the scope for destroying a person's career is enormous and the spin off from that frightening. Mind you there are a couple of fully transitioned girls in national politics, but in the public's mind that is a different situation.

Fi

NatalieBliss
01-16-2009, 02:40 AM
As has been mentioned you can do things to significantly reduce risk.

-Only post in the photo gallery, members only. This means no self pic for the avatar.

-Anyone you know, we manages to recognize you is, most likely, on a crossdressing site. So they will probably, on some level, be just fine with CDing or looking to understand it.

I have had flikr, photobucket and, well almost thrown caution completly to the wind actually, and in 4 or so years nobody has said anything.

There isn't a "no risk" situation, so just post when/if you get comfortable with it.

ColleenShivas
01-16-2009, 02:55 AM
I dread being recognized by anyone in the social or professional communities that I belong to. So my choice is to keep pictures off the web. So, like you so far, I have no avatar.

MissConstrued
01-16-2009, 03:01 AM
Mind you there are a couple of fully transitioned girls in national politics,

One of them's been nominated for Secretary of State, I hear....

Tasha McIntyre
01-16-2009, 04:37 AM
I couldn't believe I posted a pic on the boy v girl mode in the picture and video gallery here. If anything was going to bring me unstuck it would be that one.

As i stated there, if anyone sees this there's probably a skirt in their wardrobe too :)

Tashee
01-16-2009, 08:15 AM
Everyone has a different disposition.

There is so much I can say on this. Just not in public. But the world, some of it thinks a CD is a sicko child molester. There are some self proposed do gooders who peruse these pages and adult forum pages. There is some in the Law Enforcement who do the same thing. Here to make sure we are not dressing and having our way with 14 year olds.

I am not trying to upset any. But a large portion of the world thinks there is Something wrong with us.
Some jobs still come with a Morals clause.This they would argue fits under that. Only after you must fight and its in the Papers TV etc- So who would walk away from 20 years a retirement. Pension. Health Benefits etc- I am sick now- What would I do?
Go find a nice spot to die?

JoAnne Wheeler
01-26-2009, 11:46 AM
Has anyone who is elgible to look at the photographs of our Sisters ever downloaded all those pictures ? I am still concerned over the privacy of our photographs - once they are OUT there

JoAnne Wheeler

geri-tg.
01-26-2009, 11:48 AM
I have the same fear.It will be interesting to see the answers to your question.

valenstein
01-26-2009, 12:10 PM
Not yet for me, but if I did, I wouldn't share them with anyone. I did see a pic of a couple gals standing with a friend of mine I wanted to share with her, but she already had it.

Another thing I keep in mind when making friends online - if someone is willing to share pics of other people with me, they'd probably share mine too.

Emma Chase
01-26-2009, 12:14 PM
I am hoping that the members here respect the privacy of the forum and anything posted here stays here.

I have a few pictures on flickr as well as on here, so I know that that is a pot shot to be potentially used for downloads ... I shared the pictures with a friend of mine and he had no idea he was looking at me ... so I don't think I would be recognised even if someone I knew did come across my fem pics while surfing.

Karren H
01-26-2009, 12:20 PM
If your worried about security. Then don't post any. They will get downloaded.. I've found my pics spread all over the web.. Not that I care. With thousands of pics and movies out there! And site can change their policies too.. Tutorial videos I made what only members with 800 posts could see on one forum.. I figured were safe from the casual viewer until they changed their policy and now anyone can see them.. Again I don't really care but if you do then I'd think it out carefully..

Sharon B.
01-26-2009, 03:55 PM
I can understand where you are coming from but my belief is what are they doing on a site like this to start with unless they are interested in this lifestyle also.
I would post but at this time I don't have a digital camera, for one it isn't high on my list to get one.
About the time I decide to start looking for one I usually see an outfit or dress that I like and buy it instead.

tricia_uktv
01-26-2009, 05:08 PM
A long as you are prepared to take the flack that may come with the photos your fine. What are you worried about? Are you exposing yourself?

Have fun and be yourself, but be aware that anybody can pick up the images.

Go on.. :)

trannie T
01-26-2009, 05:18 PM
A while back I posed the question if anyone had ever been outed by having her photo displayed here. There has been no response. Therefore it appears that there is little if any danger of being identified by posting a photo here.
There are many things we should worry about such as global warming, the bird flu and the killer bees. Being outed by posting a photo here should not be a concern.

Tina Francis
01-27-2009, 12:44 AM
Who is interested to identify us?

If someone found us here, he/she must have an interest of crossdressing! So you are able to start a discussion. From my point of view the risk is not very high and against mobbing you are nowhere save. At youtube you can find several instructions of makeover by photoshop, so anyone with a photo from you is able to generate a female one.

I enjoy the time being here.......:battingeyelashes:

BeckiB
01-27-2009, 07:46 AM
I was worried the first time I put a pic online. I showed my mom a pic of me dressed before she knew that I did and she asked me "who is that?" When I told her it was me she said she would have never guessed. So I figured if my own mother did not see me in the pic, chances were pretty slim that someone else would.

I think you only have to look at the boy/girl pic thread to see that most of us change our look a lot when we dress. I have been to several conventions and if I am alone (my wife is the give away to who I am) most people do not know who I am in drab mode.

I think that if one is uncomfortable with putting a pic up then they shouldn't do it. It is a hard choice as vanity is the sin we all live by. We all have different level of "outness" and you have you have to think about the fact if someone did find your pic.

sometimes_miss
01-27-2009, 08:28 AM
Fear of being outed is the primary reason you won't see any detailed or revealing pictures of me here. Besides, pictures of me would just ruin the feelings I have of being pretty while dressed up; after all, without a mirror, I really can't tell what I really look like. Sometimes, ignorance IS bliss. In this case, for me, it is.

Sarasometimes
01-27-2009, 08:59 AM
I agree that the risk is real. Just read the pics stolen on you tube thread in picture gallery. The world is a small place with the net. How many times have you searched for something and been sent to some odd place on the web and see something that then catches your eye...All you need is for a Flick'r club out looking for pics to grab one and now you are there. A co-worker/friend... searches under a general word and bam there you are in all your finery. I don't personally see the benefit out weighing the risks. Also remember how many people you know that have teens that spend hours just searching for photos on every subject imaginable. I now do post pics, in fact I posted too many threads and got in trouble, but not without blocking out my face to a large degree. I am comfortable with this compromise. Remember Joann, you would be the one to deal with the outcome not any of us. I would not feel right giving you advice that would put you at risk just so "I" can see your photo. Follow your gut!

Carla Stevens
01-27-2009, 03:34 PM
Fear of being outed is the primary reason you won't see any detailed or revealing pictures of me here.
My view also.
I've not posted any photos of myself yet, but if & when I do feel comfortable doing so, my face will be blurred out or it will be from shoulders down. I'll also be removing the background of the shots.
I'd like to share some of my photos here, but they will be in the members only area.

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-27-2009, 07:26 PM

Love always,

JoAnne Wheeler

To address the initial question, I have no worries about my photos coming back to haunt me - at least not in the being outed by them sense.

It felt very weird at first - posting images of me en femme on the internet for the first time. But after that initial first step was done, I became very comfortable with it.

If I get outed by someone, it won't be because they recognized me in my photos. My male image doesn't look a thing like Gabrielle. You'd NEVER recognize me on the street from those pictures. Even my own wife thinks the difference is night and day.

Would getting outed be a disaster in my life? It might be. I mean it could have devastating consequences from loosing my job to ending up in a morgue.

I don't fear my photos online though. To be honest, I have more fear of my male photos online than my Gabrielle photos. If someone decides they hate my male self and they want to find and harm me, they'll have a better chance of finding me through my man-pics! ;)

Di
01-27-2009, 07:48 PM
If I get outed by someone, it won't be because they recognized me in my photos. My male image doesn't look a thing like Gabrielle. You'd NEVER recognize me on the street from those pictures. Even my own wife thinks the difference is night and day.

Same thing with Sher we have come inches from peeps that know the guy...and they had no clue...night and day.

So bottom line you are not required to post pics or asked to. It is more for your enjoyment.If you are worried then don't CAUSE it will not be fun for you if you are worried about it.

EryLynn
01-28-2009, 08:03 PM
I agree with the sentiment others have expressed, if they find your picture(s) here then they must have an interest in the forum or they ARE involved.

Otherwise how would they find the picture(s)?

Just a thought...
EryLynn

AliceJaneInNewcastle
01-30-2009, 06:54 AM
I was worried the first time I put a pic online. I showed my mom a pic of me dressed before she knew that I did and she asked me "who is that?" When I told her it was me she said she would have never guessed. So I figured if my own mother did not see me in the pic, chances were pretty slim that someone else would.

I think you only have to look at the boy/girl pic thread to see that most of us change our look a lot when we dress. I have been to several conventions and if I am alone (my wife is the give away to who I am) most people do not know who I am in drab mode.
I'm very much the same. People who know me in femme mode and know that I'm a CD simply don't recognise me in boy mode. Even en femme, changing colouring between auburn and brunette often throws people.

I've written about it in my blog (http://alicejaneinnewcastle.blogspot.com/). In particular, I've been married for over 9 years and trying to out myself to my inlaws for most of that time. They've both seen my femme photo on facebook (in the "people you might know" section) and not shown the slightest hint of recognition. :happy:

Years ago, with my guidance, my mother dressed in one of my dresses, one of my wigs and mostly my makeup (her foundation, lipstick and mascara, everything else mine) for Halloween. She was in her early 60s at the time and came out looking mid-40s. When she walked into her Scottish dance group, nobody could work out who she was until my father walked in behind her in his usual kilt, etc.

If a woman can be unrecognisable simply by adding makeup and a wig, how recognisable would a CD be, really?

Alice