PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Siting

Sallee
01-14-2009, 09:29 PM
Interesting experience this past weekend, I was visiting relatives and coming back from skiing so I was in drab. Anyway I stopped at a bar in a small small town in the high desert and sure enough there was one of us fluttering about. It was her birthday and she had new thigh high boots she was showing to everyone.
The neatest thing was no one paid any negative attention. Every one was complementing her on the boots, her white fur coat and white dress. She was having a ball. She is obviously a local to that bar. I just found it so great that she was so accepted in such a back woods kind of place in the high desert of Ca. All I could say was you go girl

Tracii G
01-14-2009, 09:32 PM
Lucky girl huh?

Lisa Catherine
01-14-2009, 11:23 PM
Hmmmmm,... I'd like to think that we're gaining acceptance more and more every day, could it be? I SURE hope so!!! :daydreaming::D:battingeyelashes::hugs::drink:

Karren H
01-14-2009, 11:34 PM
Yeah!! Good for her!! I've seen that smae thing in small towns around here too... Local girl that everyone knows and likes...

JoAnne Wheeler
01-15-2009, 09:10 AM
Makes you envious doesn't it
JoAnne Wheeler

Vicky Perry
02-08-2009, 01:12 PM
That is very great Sallee alway makes me happy to read a story like this good for her
Vicky

Mollyanne
02-08-2009, 03:09 PM
Why? Is Kentucky that different?

Actually you don't know how different!!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

StacyCD
02-08-2009, 03:32 PM
I wish this was a story that could be repeated anywhere. However, I know first-hand of some cases where it would not go over as well. Sometimes it's sad that we always seem to expect the worse but that's probably safer than always expecting the best. However, over the past few years I think the level of 'acceptance' of crossdressing has increased tremendously!

docrobbysherry
02-08-2009, 03:35 PM
I think Yucca Valley's gotten to big for that to have happened there!:brolleyes:

beenherelongtime
02-08-2009, 08:39 PM
i think people in general are more accepting. but you have to be careful there will always be a bully or an ignorant person that likes to make fun of others. we have to face this fact, i don't mean just against us, but against everyone

Tracii G
02-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Kentucky is much like anywhere else in the cities but get up in the mountains of eastern Ky and its a LOT different.
The people there are still in the 70's as far as lifestyle acceptance.
My TG group is heading to eastern Ky at the request of some group members for a meeting so getting to meet some new folks should be fun.
BTW I will be packing heat no doubt.
When I said that a few girls said "Hey we're riding with Tracii"

mykhelee
02-09-2009, 12:15 PM
I'm with Tracii on this subject. There are very few clubs, gay or not, where it is safe to be let known you are a CD. Parking lot violence is pretty much ignored by the local PD.