PDA

View Full Version : Kids

Christa001
01-14-2009, 10:40 PM
To those that have kids that know you CD, do you prefer them to call you by your NAME or just DAD when enfemme ? Thanks for your answers! :)

Phoebe Reece
01-14-2009, 11:35 PM
My kids have always called me "Daddy", whether I was dressed femme or not. I have always been happy with that. My daughter is now 33 and my son is 29. They grew up with full knowledge of my crossdressing.

Holly
01-15-2009, 12:14 AM
My kids (a son and a daughter, both young adults) usually call me dad or daddy, although when my daughter went out with me and some friends last summer, she called me Holly.

missizzy
01-15-2009, 01:35 AM
IMHO, I think they should you dad/father (whatever suits with you).
It's not about they respecting you or not, it's about the love feeling between father and child.

I remembered watching a Japanese Animation where a daughter who're study have an okama dad. (Okama = CD). She still call her dad, 'dad', which I think it is soooo sweet. ;)

JoAnne Wheeler
01-15-2009, 09:09 AM
Not having any children, I cannot answer that, but having 2 dogs that see me both as a male and as a female seem to treat me the same - either way
JoAnne Wheeler

DonnaT
01-15-2009, 03:15 PM
Dad

Rachel_DBN
01-15-2009, 03:40 PM
...having 2 dogs that see me both as a male and as a female seem to treat me the same...

They actually seem to teach us how to handle it... :heehee:

MJ
01-15-2009, 05:30 PM
I'm dad

Kimberly Marie Kelly
01-15-2009, 07:03 PM
Whether I'm dressed or not. :battingeyelashes:

Julieanne
01-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Dad, but I'd let them decide for themselves what they want to call you. Perhaps both depending on the circumstances, perhaps not. I think "dad" reassures them that you are still their father regardless of the way you dress.

My daughter calls me dad but got me a necklace and a spoon holder that say Julie. My son, on the other hand (who is very accepting), finds it hilarious that I own a poodle skirt.:):)

Hugs, Julie

Joan Merrie
01-16-2009, 07:36 AM
At home, Dad, when we go out, it's Aunt Joan.Her Idea.:hugs:

TxKimberly
01-16-2009, 07:54 AM
My 20 year old son knows about me. Regardless of how I am dressed, I am Dad. :-)

Angel.Marie76
01-16-2009, 10:03 AM
So far my son (11) has just referred to me as dad, though he's only seen me dressed a few times. I always joke with him that if he needed to / wanted to call me something else, if confronted by an external entity, Auntie Angel would be just fine.. he kinda gives me a half smile and rolls his eyes when I tell him that. ;)

sybercom11
01-16-2009, 11:01 AM
My kids have always called me "Daddy", whether I was dressed femme or not. I have always been happy with that. My daughter is now 33 and my son is 29. They grew up with full knowledge of my crossdressing.

I am exactly the same as Phoebe. My kids are 19 and 13 and they have always know that their Daddy was different from the other dads as far as things such as what he wore and body hair, perfume, nail polish, etc.

But I have fulfilled the role of Daddy for them as well.

Christa001
01-16-2009, 01:02 PM
Thank you to all for your answers on this post. For me, my daughter can call me DAD and if out in public ( when that happens) then Christa ( only if she wants to)
On the other hand , DAD all the time is ok too....
JUST MY :2c:

Rogina B
01-16-2009, 10:35 PM
Our seven year old daughter calls me daddy always..her way of coping is to laugh and be critical of how i look...and then it all ends after i quickly transform back to my male self...then i get the critical lookover and she enjoys pointing out any eyeliner or lip stain ,red nail polish,that remains! She is handling it pretty well all in all.

Stephanie Scott
01-17-2009, 02:57 AM
Dad or Daddy. I prefer it that way, although one time I walked out of the house while dressed at night to pick up something from the yard -- it was dark, but I noticed my neighbor was out on his porch some distance away -- probably not even looking my way. My daughter came running out to tell me something and started yelling "Daddy!" Uh oh. I don't think he noticed anything though, but I had to shush my daughter pretty quickly!