PDA

View Full Version : Out at work update

CharleneCD
06-13-2005, 10:46 AM
If I was partialy out at work before ,I am now fully out with a few now. I have been taking one of my favorite pics with me to work meaning to show someone when I felt the time was right. Well Bunny decided last night was a good time. She was talking to the other 2 nurses and said "why dont you go get the picture of Charlene." ( is anyone else seeing the possibility that Charlene may be a bit submissive here?) So I went and got it and showed them me fully dressed. It is the same pic I use for my avatar. Both were suprised. One had thought the makeup was a leftover glam thing from the 80's. We talked about it for a bit, and Bunny and I answered more than a few questions. Afterword one thanked us for answering her questions and being so open about it. The other, who is my direct supervisor, chatted with me and treated me no different then before, for the rest of the night. I have to say both were very accepting. As for all the rest of the staff, some of whom were able to overhear our conversation, all are still very friendly and are supportive in my adjustments to the new work environment.

The funniest part of the whole night was when we were all talking and the one nurse pulled out her lipgloss. I recognized it instantly as I use the same brand, and I proceeded to pull mine out of my pocket.

I am begining to really think that this job is going to work out as I slowly move towards full fem appearance. :)

Priscilla1018
06-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Charlene,that is great news.Whenever one of us finds acceptance,it keeps the hope alive that someday we may find it also.

DanaJ
06-13-2005, 04:37 PM
That is so cool Charlene, way to go! Hey, could you post a pic of yourself right before you leave for work? It would be great to see how you look while at work :)

DanaJ

cindybarnes
06-13-2005, 04:43 PM
Charlene, thats awsome ! Your very lucky to have found such an accepting place to work !
Many of us worry about being found out at work, so its hard for me to even imagine how nice that must be for you ! Congrats and good luck !
Cindy

RachelDenise
06-13-2005, 05:17 PM
You are so lucky but also realize that your wife and you have made this happen!!! Kudos to the both of you and please keep us updated regularly!!!

Jesse69
06-13-2005, 05:24 PM
Charlene, thats awsome ! Your very lucky to have found such an accepting place to work !
Many of us worry about being found out at work, so its hard for me to even imagine how nice that must be for you ! Congrats and good luck !
Cindy

Your so lucky to be a nurse. My aunt has a coworker nurse that's gay and nobody seems to mind. Me? When they found out at work that I was a crossdressor they would call me gay and then most of my temp jobs wouldn't go permanent or I would lose a permanent job. Hopefully now the situation has changed since Illinios now passed a statewide law banning discrimination against gays in the workplace. Wish it passed sooner as my career has been ruined by crossdressing. I'm a closet crossdressor but somehow everyone always seems to find out. I guess I buy too many womens clothes as a guy. I'm a Mechanical Engineer / Technical Writer.

Cindybarnes -- I saw your pics and you look so passable! Do you go everywhere 24/7 as a woman and pass? Do you go to work as a woman?

Holly
06-13-2005, 05:38 PM
Charlene, in reading your posts there is such a freedom from fear in your words! You and Bunny continue to amaze me with the poise, confidence, and determiniation you both possess. Keep it up... I'm so proud of you both!

Stephenie
06-14-2005, 09:45 AM
It must be totally wonderful to have both a loving and accepting wife and a place to work that is so accepting. A real dream come true. If my eyes weren't already green they would be now. Hugs

CharleneCD
06-14-2005, 10:03 AM
it gets better everyone. Im sitting out at break and two of my younger coworkers are talking about having gone to a gay pride event. Both are strait. then the guy mentions a friend who was CD who had fem name and realy looked hot while dressed. Well inside I went and got out my picture again. Can a girl get any more lucky. I am now out to about 85% of the night staff with great acceptance. I will take a pic tonight before i go to work.

Tristen Cox
06-14-2005, 10:12 AM
Sounds like you made a good choice:) Enjoy the glow, and we look forward to pictures. :cool:

Natalie x
06-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Oh, wow, Charlene - what an exiting few days you have had, and now almost fully out - well done.

You have been an inspiration, and I have taken my first steps at work, too. First I started wearing nail varnish, just a pale pink, not too noticeable. Then, today I wore a padded bra under my male clothes; no breastforms, and only a B cup, so it wasn't glaringly obvious, but it did give some curves and I felt very conscious of it. Still, I stuck it out (sorry) for the whole shift, then went shopping like it.

Thanks Charlene

Love and kisses

paulaN
06-14-2005, 06:42 PM
Charlene, girl on a rampage, well I guess you are on a rampage, you are making me green with envey. And I thought keeping my legs this summer was a big deal. so happy for ya hun. you must be loving this job. lucky girl, lucky girl.

racquel
06-14-2005, 07:51 PM
You are so lucky but also realize that your wife and you have made this happen!!! Kudos to the both of you and please keep us updated regularly!!!
Had to quote Rachel here as I was having a hard time seeing the words in her panel,lol.
I echo her statements though.This is due to the both of you having confidence and poise,am very proud of you both. :thumbsup: