PDA

View Full Version : Great Guy Activites?

valenstein
01-16-2009, 11:57 AM
Hi guys,

I'm a MTF CD and was reading the "Man Buddy?" thread, it made me think of how I enjoy hanging out with women, regardless of how I am dressed or present myself. My question is this: Are there any traditionally male activities that would make a special day for you to be a part of? For my examples, it wouldn't be necessary that I was dressed a certain way, or that the group truly saw me as female, but that they didn't act differently around me or constantly reminded me that I was the only male in the group:

A bachelorette party
A women's night out: drinks, dancing, movies, whatever...
To be part of the bridal party
A baby shower

I'm being a bit stereotypical, but thinking about activities I've done where it ended up being a "guy thing", like a poker night, football game, sitting around drinking beer, going to a car show..or maybe an experience you had where you felt especially included?

Thanks!

onowic
01-16-2009, 12:36 PM
A bachelorette party
A women's night out: drinks, dancing, movies, whatever...
To be part of the bridal party
A baby shower

Coincidentally my therapists and I recently discussed this topic and this was the exact list that came up. My peer group has always been girls, and yes I was always the "guy" in the group but I was still mostly included. However when those events came up, I was summarily excluded because of my sex.

I did go on a lot of girl night outs when I was single, but that stopped when I got married because I fell into the additional category of "spouse" and all the other women's spouses of our couple friends were at home.

Anyway, guy activities that I get invited to but usually decline might help the FTMs:

Watching the game on Sunday.
Poker nights.
Tee times, batting cages, any sport related activity.
Going to strip clubs (I HATE going to strip clubs. I'm hetero and love to gawk at women as much as the next guy but i can't help but think the guys should go home to/spend their money on their wives/gfs and the women should have to get jobs that contribute to GDP)

mistunderstood
01-16-2009, 03:03 PM
Well I would like to be able to write my name in the snow.:D:o:devil: Ok seriously I like to hang out with guys and talk cars with out them dumbeing down the conversation because they think I do not get it when they start naming parts. I do get to talk computers though with guys.

HEINEGUY
02-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Sword fights/crossing swords....j/k

No but really, I'd like to write my name in the snow too and I know I could but I don't do the "devices", they irritate the crap out of me cause I ruin my pants.