PDA

View Full Version : Body Shaping - Why?

Cathytg
01-16-2009, 12:24 PM
Your responses to my question regarding how you feel when dressed are simply awesome! I can find myself in them easily and I thank you.

My other question is also fairly simple and straightforward - although the answers might not be: Why do you use body shaping items such as breast forms and hip pads?

I use both kinds of body shapers and would not consider wearing pants or a dress without them. However, if dressing is all about clothes (only), then why do I - or you - feel the need to add things that are not generally items of feminine clothing? It is very true that I feel complete, relaxed, and at peace when dressed, but why do I - and you - also have a need to change the shape of the body to look more feminine? Does this tell us something profound about ourselves?

So, the question is: Why do you use body shaping items under your fem clothing?

JoAnne Wheeler
01-16-2009, 12:44 PM
I use breastforms and padded panties BECAUSE I want to wear womens' clothing and without them, my clothing does not look or fit right - I have this URGE/DESIRE to be and look as FEMININE as possible
JoAnne Wheeler

Barbra_in_Tulsa
01-16-2009, 12:44 PM
I don't like using anything, personally (and I certainly make no judgment on those who do) but I just want to be me. The up side, that while I have no curves in the tradtional female sense, I have spent enough time in the gym to give me a bit of a booty, and while awkwardly shaped, some material to fill upl an A cup.

My one caveat is my wig. ;)

Hope everyone has a delicioulsy pink weekend.

pedraurso
01-16-2009, 12:45 PM
I only use a bra and fill it with samething, like cotton, to have "girls breast"
It is because when I look me on a mirror, I feel more "gurls".
And I love it...:
:hugs::hugs:

Kate Simmons
01-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Simple my friend, it completes the illusion.:)

onowic
01-16-2009, 12:58 PM
I just bought my first body shaper for hips and butt and I'm sitting her tucked on my stupid project plan conf. call getting about to go to my therapist appt. I've been standing here admiring my new hips and ass in my guy jeans that for the first time I actually had to work over my hips a little bit. And I took the extra pads that I really need for definition out! I'm just making up for what I naturally lack! I've always wanted more meat on my bones, I'm built like a stick, so I would say now that I've got them it's definately a confidence and moral boost.

The body shaper also tucks my tummy in, I'm wearing it because I'm going shopping for women's clothing after my appt for the first time and I need to know what size my waist will be. I got a chance to wear it for the first time yesterday and I put on a skirt that I sometimes wear around the house and not seeing the bulge in the front and the well defined hips and butt made the skirt hang right for the first time and it looked great!

DAVIDA
01-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Hi Cathy!
You answered the question yourself.
"Why do I - and you - also have a need to change the shape of the body? To look more feminine."

SherriePall
01-16-2009, 01:30 PM
Several reasons. The clothes fit better, I look better, and I look more womanly. I need all the help I can get around my waist.

beenherelongtime
01-16-2009, 01:38 PM
i used breast forms, but never hip or ass pads as i am pretty big there already

docrobbysherry
01-16-2009, 02:04 PM
Anyway, that's how I see it!

We ALL start out imagining how we would look as a woman. Or look, dressed up as one! That's the FIRST STEP!:daydreaming:

Then, we try on one item of women's clothes! The SECOND STEP!:heehee:

That leads us on up the STAIRWAY OF CROSSDRESSING!:eek:

As we try on item after ladies item, we climb farther up the stairway! :)

Next comes wigs, makeup, shaving legs, etc. And maybe we try going out dressed!:D

Eventually, some of us want the illusion of HAVING A FEMALE BODY!:)

Is that the top step of the stairway? No, of course not! U can keep going up, if u want to badly enough!:doh:

For me, the femskin female suit, and masks move me to an even higher illusion level!:brolleyes:

For others, hormones, implants, and even SRS surgery r needed! THAT may be the top of the CD stairway!?:battingeyelashes:

So, figure out where U R on my "CD stairway". U can see how far you've come, and what's still left for u, if u want to continue climbing!:devil:

Lisa Catherine
01-16-2009, 02:15 PM
In my early days, I was disappointed with the way I looked in femme clothing, and some bargain-priced silicone brest prostheses as well as a Veronica 2 (custom made, well worth the money!) from Classic Curves International www.clcrv.com , and I've got a "BOD"! I look at myself in the mirror after getting dressed, and all I need is makeup adn wig, and I can pass, which is my goal. I've beeen catcalled and whistled at in Atlanta, and picked up on while shopping, and I'm a muscular 5'8", but long sleeves and a medium wig conceal my big arms and 18" neck, something I consider a necessity. With what's available out there, passing is easier than one would think. I'll also use a couple of waist slimmers at the same time to hold my male equipment tucked, and that conceals a "spare tire nicely! It's worth it to me when I use them, and this woman looks back at me from the mirror!:hugs::love::daydreaming:

sherib
01-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Why do you used make up? Without the breast forms, hip pads and waist clincher you would just look like a guy with womens clothes on. Why dress if don't create the illusion.

Cathytg
01-16-2009, 03:18 PM
sherib said: "Why dress if don't create the illusion. "

Maybe that's the point. Maybe saying that we/I dress because we/I like fem clothes is a big oversimplification. More to the point, perhaps we/I really want to present as a woman and clothes are just a part of the persona. Thus, we are trying to create an illusion and not just wearing woman's clothes because it feels good.

But that gets yet another line of questioning going which deals with where we/I want to be in the larger world.

Kate Simmons
01-16-2009, 03:57 PM
It's interesting you bring that up Cathy as many of us can function in either role with equal aplomb in the larger world. Guess it was meant to be, no?:)

Karren H
01-16-2009, 03:59 PM
Its either because I'm too fat in all the wrong places... Or the clothes don't hang right without them.. Ok maybe both.. Sigh...

sami1952
01-16-2009, 07:05 PM
to me crossdressing is just that,wearing women's clothing and looking like a woman,curves and all.

Wendy me
01-16-2009, 07:09 PM
me .... no wig my own hair ..... no forms ... my own boobs .... and i don't do padding .... what you see is what you get me..............

Karren H
01-16-2009, 07:22 PM
me .... no wig my own hair ..... no forms ... my own boobs .... and i don't do padding .... what you see is what you get me..............

That's because we know your a GG... posing as a crossdresser!!! :D

JamieDP
01-16-2009, 08:54 PM
When I first started dressing I would only do the undergarments, maybe hose...as i progressed it became the wig and full outfits..eventually make-up. I always knew I identified with the other gender...and eventually looking in the mirror or touching myself just didn't feel right. I'd touch my chest and not want huge breasts...but enough that i felt more feminine. Same with the hips, etc. When I look in the mirror I always feel like I could look better.

What I relate it too When my wife looks in the mirror she see's things she'd like to improve things, hence i see her puting on Spanx or other enhancing items herself...and i must say she is very proportionate has all the curves in the right places. I just like my curves in the right places. For instance during a very strong male phase...i was very toned and muscular...i wanted my pecs to look just right and my arms and would buy shirts that emphasized those features...it just feels good to look good and to feels right to look right.

I guess for me it is more than the clothes, it is just relating to being feminine. I don't want to fully transition...i just feel most comfortable with the curves and the appearance like that.

amyj
01-16-2009, 09:00 PM
Why?
Well, for starters, you could iron slacks on my rear end.

Helen 2
01-16-2009, 09:26 PM
If I'm dressing around the house, I dont padd my bottom and hips but I will use a very tight, firm waist cincher, girdle and long-line bra with forms.

If I'm going out and about, all the above plus padding at hips and buttocks. Why? simple: to attain as natural a figure as I can..

kristinacd55
01-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Your responses to my question regarding how you feel when dressed are simply awesome! I can find myself in them easily and I thank you.

My other question is also fairly simple and straightforward - although the answers might not be: Why do you use body shaping items such as breast forms and hip pads?

I use both kinds of body shapers and would not consider wearing pants or a dress without them. However, if dressing is all about clothes (only), then why do I - or you - feel the need to add things that are not generally items of feminine clothing? It is very true that I feel complete, relaxed, and at peace when dressed, but why do I - and you - also have a need to change the shape of the body to look more feminine? Does this tell us something profound about ourselves?

Uhh, to feel more like a woman! :daydreaming:

StephanieC
01-16-2009, 09:50 PM
No additives here.

sherib
01-17-2009, 02:04 PM

Cathytg,

Just like the slogan, "Be all you can be" . Without the clothes, hip pads, breast forms and make up, how can you be "All You Can Be". It all goes together.

Tina Francis
01-17-2009, 10:59 PM
A tight waist and braest is the fem shape. I wear a nice corset and a slightly filled bra. It looks nice and is comfortable

Raychel
01-18-2009, 07:10 AM
I don't need the full illusion to be comfortable. I don't use makeup or a wig. But the forms are a must to make the outfits look right. It all used to be just about the lingerie. But as time goes on and I travel down this road, adding new items to the effect. the addiction kicks in and there is no turning back.

I dare you to try using forms just once, and never use them again.

Jenniferpl
01-18-2009, 07:21 AM
It would be boring with breast. The larger the better. To get them I have use forms, the bigger they are the better I look.

Sally24
01-18-2009, 10:35 AM
If you're just into the clothes you still want them to look proper. They were designed to fit and flow over a female shape so breasts and hips are almost a must for them to look nice. I hate to try things on at the stores in boy mode because I still can't see how they really look without the padding.

Celeste
01-18-2009, 11:35 AM
When I started back in to this and before my weight loss,I used a shaper then a corset.They bothered me so much that it ruined the whole experience,felt totally uncomfortable,restrictive,and I could not relax. I then realized I need to work with what I do have rather than add all these uncomfortable accessories.I think there is a point at which you feel entirely artificial and I don't want to be there. So now I use the breast forms only and they really are a necessity.

Nicki B
01-18-2009, 12:25 PM
Because I absolutely don't want to look like a bloke in a frock?

Rachel Morley
01-18-2009, 02:52 PM
If you're just into the clothes you still want them to look proper. They were designed to fit and flow over a female shape so breasts and hips are almost a must for them to look nice. I hate to try things on at the stores in boy mode because I still can't see how they really look without the padding.

:iagree: I never try things on in boy mode. It's a waste of time because you can't tell if the fit is going to be good or not. As far as looking and feeling better with padding goes, hip pads don't do much for me but I do like to look down and see my "boobs" sticking out the front!

rachel_rachel
01-19-2009, 01:00 AM
The answer to this question i think is why not? It's a girls perogitive to wear whatever she likes, so seeing as we are trying to emulate that type of look we have to look right.

I personally don't use anything other than breast forms or a nu bra & a wig. I don't need hip pads or anything else like that.

sherib
01-19-2009, 01:29 PM
One of the biggest trills is to look in the mirror after you've spent an hour getting dressed an see that you've done it. This time you've hit it perfect. The figure, the dress/skirt and the make up, and a nice looking women is looking back at you. Most of us cannot do that without pads and breast forms.

Lorna
01-20-2009, 10:00 AM
I couldn't get anywhere near a female shape without bra and girdle. I remember (fondly) when every woman from teenage upwards wore a bra and girdle and I enjoy experiencing the same feelings - yes, sometimes uncomfortable or restrictive - that they felt. On other occasions I love to feel like a modern woman - light underwear, skirt, tights perhaps, heels - and enjoy the relative freedom. However, it's not then a good idea to look in the mirror because the shape is awful.

countrygirl
01-20-2009, 10:13 AM
For me with out the padding and other materials I just look really goofy in a dress. I look like a guy in a dress and it does not feel right with out the padding. With the padding I look femine and I feel right. Not padding I might just as well not dress!

beenherelongtime
01-20-2009, 10:58 AM
i never use padded hips or cheeks, but i could have, this would complete the illusion of a feminine body, which i think the majority of us desire

EnglishRose
01-20-2009, 11:01 AM
I don't feel feminine without some sort of boobs, but don't bother with the hip / butt padding even though my wife tells me I have no butt to speak of :)

Hali
01-20-2009, 11:41 AM
I use breastforms and padded panties BECAUSE I want to wear womens' clothing and without them, my clothing does not look or fit right - I have this URGE/DESIRE to be and look as FEMININE as possible
JoAnne Wheeler

I think this answer sum it up for me.

After all its not only CDs that put on-body shapers women also put them as well.

BlUeDrAgOn
01-20-2009, 12:14 PM
I don't like to see myself dressed as a woman with a man's body. It doesn't feel or look nice. I like to fix my hair in a more feminine way, I like to see some breast volume and I try to conceal my masculine side as much as I can.

I recently bought a breast pump, but I'm not too confident about the results. I only tried it once, but we'll see.

Oh, I got my first silicone breast forms on ebay and I can't wait 'til I can try them on :D

vivianann
01-20-2009, 01:38 PM
I wear the breast forms and hip pads to achieve the feminine image when I am wearing womens clothes, I love the femme image, when I dress as a woman I want to look like a woman as much as I possibly can. from the neck down I pass rather well, but from the neck up to my hair line I do not pass well, there is so much that a wig and makeup can do to help me to pass, however that does not stop me from going out enfemme.