PDA

View Full Version : My big scare today

StephanieT
01-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Today I decided to go shopping in the new wig I just got. I got ready and drove to the shopping area. I stopped at the bank on my way to get some shopping cash. The bank I stopped at only has a walk up ATM so I parked and went to the ATM. I went back to the car started it and headed out of the parking lot. Then the car died and would not restart. Luckily I was on a hill and was able to roll back to a parking spot. I tried to start the car a couple of times but no luck. This car is old and has had some issues in the past that I thought were fixed. Now I pop the hood and start checking the things that have been wrong in the past. I try to start the car again and no luck. Now I start freaking out. What if I have to call a tow truck? What if some guy stops to help a female in distress? I don't really want to be in that situation, one on one with a guy who might not be accepting. So here I am in full makeup, Painted nails, heels and car that won't start. I see a walmart nearby and think I can buy some makeup remover, fingernail polish remover, a t-shirt and some guy shoes before I call the tow truck. I check under the hood 1 more time and unplug/plugin some connectors that have been an issue in the past. Get back in the car and it starts. Whew, I dodged the bullet on that one. Now my freshly painted nails are ruined and my hands have grease on them. Can't go shopping now. So I head home. Lesson learned from this is to pack an emergency bag when I go out to give me an out in situations like this. Now if I can only recover from the heart attack I almost had.

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-16-2009, 06:47 PM
Wow - that's quite a scare you had today. I would have been in a panic if it had been me. I would have probably called my wife and begged her to drop whatever she was doing to come pick me up before anyone tried to stop and offer me help.

Glad your car decided to work in the end. Maybe your car has a wicked sense of humor and was just having some fun with you. :heehee:

StephanieT
01-16-2009, 06:52 PM
Well that might work if my wife was in town and knew about Stephanie. If the car has a wicked sense of humor, I don't need anymore of its jokes.

MsSamanthaErica
01-16-2009, 06:55 PM
If you lived near Karren she could have come over and fixed and still maintained her stunning looks! I'm not sure how she does it!!

Still, lucky that you got it going again. Maybe next time, if money allows, rent a car so that no one will even know it's yours!! :D

Hugs,
~Samantha

Rita D
01-16-2009, 06:57 PM
Hi Stephanie-
Whew! Glad you got out of that one OK- I wouldn't know the first thing to check if it had been me. Hope the rest of the weekend is better! Take care...

Rita D

Karren H
01-16-2009, 07:28 PM
If you lived near Karren she could have come over and fixed and still maintained her stunning looks! I'm not sure how she does it!!

~Samantha

Ohh thanks... not like I don't have enough to do but rescue stranded sisters!!! Ohhh and I hired a female stunt double to take photos of and a mechanic to do all my work while I'm playing around online!! :) hahaha

jazmine
01-16-2009, 07:33 PM
Whew! I always thought about this situation happening to me! I know I really should pack a emergency bag like you mentioned. Glad it all worked out,,,"somewhat" for ya.

Caroline C
01-16-2009, 09:48 PM
Reminds me of another organization I use to belong to. They mailed out a rescue book of other members willing to help out in case of a break down.

StephanieT
01-16-2009, 11:28 PM
I have been working on cars and building race car motors for over 30 years as a hobby. It is kind of second nature. Now if I can only figure out how to do it without messing up my nails.:D

curse within
01-16-2009, 11:46 PM
That could have been bad ..good thing you learned from it with the emergency bag great Idea bet you pack one on the next outing..

Christina Horton
01-17-2009, 12:44 AM
HA that would not bother me. I would just call the tow truck and stay all dressed up. If you look like a woman and make people think you belong there as a women, you should not have a prob. I know I don't pass 100%, but no one has said anything bad to me . SO if you look half assed good you should be fine. so don't worry so much. good luck HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

carhill2mn
01-17-2009, 12:47 AM
I have always taken along a bag of "boy" clothes in case of some sort of an emergency. On a few occasions, just to be "safe", I put on some male clothes so that I could enter my garage without causing a stir, especially, if my neighbors were outside.

Recenty, I was Xmas shopping. When I came out of Target and tried to start my car, the key would not turn in the ignition! I tried all of the usual "tricks" but, nothing worked. I decided that I had to call AAA.

I would have been willing and able to deal with AAA as Carole but, I was concerned that my car might have to be towed and that a member of my family would have to pick me up. I decided to change to male mode in order to not complicate things any more (they know but, have never seen).

As it turned out, AAA sent out a locksmith who fixed my car in a few minutes. So, I could have stayed en femme but, better safe than sorry.

Jess_cd32
01-17-2009, 02:37 AM
Typical case of 'Murphy's Law', if it can go wrong it will and at the worst time.

Glad you got started and out of there.

kathrynjanos
01-17-2009, 03:10 AM
Worst bit I had today was giving an old man a jump start, but I've yet to go public, so it was no big deal. The guy kept insisting that God sent me and that he didn't know why he was worthy of that help. I kept insisting that God would never have anything to do with me :devil:, it was sheer luck of the draw.

Samantha Kelsey
01-17-2009, 04:20 AM
Hello there,

Just imagine how much worse it could have been. Suppose that the same happened to a someone who had just gone out for a drive while his wife/SO/or others were out for a few hours and kept his CDing secret. The car just won't start and thetime just flies by. You then notice that it's time your SO will be home. The police go by and see you parked so they come over to see whats happening. They can't help so they call you a tow truck which arrives with two leather clad giants. They tow your truck to the garage and the police drop you off at the nearest bus stop. Finally you arrive home it's very late and you remember leaving your keys in the car. The house is in darkness and the doors are locked. The neighbours are just getting out of a taxi and he comes over thinking that you are your wife in trouble. Imagine his surprise. Finally you have to knock at your door. Your fourteen year old son is the first to the door followed quickly by your wife. Err...???????????????????????

I think the best thing would be to simply call a taxi if the car wont start, you can always go back later as yourself.

beenherelongtime
01-17-2009, 09:08 AM
i nearly always carried a bag of male clothes with me if i knew i was going to be out for awhile

JoAnne Wheeler
01-17-2009, 09:14 AM
It is a REAL scare when you break your nails - heck with the car

JoAnne Wheeler

TxKimberly
01-17-2009, 10:34 AM
. . . Lesson learned from this is to pack an emergency bag when I go out to give me an out in situations like this. . . .

I used to do this very thing. I called it my "Bail out bag", like a pilot preparing to jump from a falling airplane. These days I no longer care if I have to interact with someone and no longer carry anything like that with me.

JoanAz
01-17-2009, 10:43 AM
At least carry a pair of gloves, to protect the Nails
:daydreaming:

LynnInDenver
01-17-2009, 11:06 AM
I used to do this very thing. I called it my "Bail out bag", like a pilot preparing to jump from a falling airplane. These days I no longer care if I have to interact with someone and no longer carry anything like that with me.

I just thought about that, and I can still count on one hand the number of times I've carried a bag of male clothes with me on an outing, and one of those was visiting Carrie down in Colorado Springs, and only because of the chance that I'd be there late enough to have to stay over. I had plans the next day that required me to be in male mode, so it was a necessary precaution. :battingeyelashes:

Most of the time, I don't bother. I have enough friends that know here in town that I could call any of them and likely get someone to come help me out of a jam. :hugs:

Tomara
01-17-2009, 11:07 AM
I have been working on cars and building race car motors for over 30 years as a hobby. It is kind of second nature. Now if I can only figure out how to do it without messing up my nails.:D

Try some of the rubber gloves that thy make for mechanics , there are several different grades and they work very well , I have a couple of pairs in every one of my vehicles , you never know when you might need them !

Also if it is a moisture problem with those connectors dielectric grease (non-conductive) works well to keep out moisture and corrosion.

I hope you have better luck on your next shopping trip !

Tomara

krisinpink
01-17-2009, 11:52 AM
for me,

Bailout Bag = Good Plan

:thumbsup:

AKAMichelle
01-17-2009, 01:17 PM
It sounds like you need to come up with a plan.

1) Take TXKimberly advice. Just go with it. Don't care what people say.
2) Bring an emergency boy bag. :D
3) Know who your friends are. Like a simple phone call you could have placed to me which would have avoided that embarassment. That's what friends are for.

Several months back I wouldn't have gone with TXKimberly's advice, but now I am much closer to that. I don't care as much about who knows. This is who I am. While I still take precautions to prevent being outted mostly for my family's sake, I have become much more open about who I am.

Lorileah
01-17-2009, 01:32 PM
Wow - that's quite a scare you had today. I would have been in a panic if it had been me. I would have probably called my wife and begged her to drop whatever she was doing to come pick me up before anyone tried to stop and offer me help.

Glad your car decided to work in the end. Maybe your car has a wicked sense of humor and was just having some fun with you. :heehee:
Is that car a 1958 Plymouth Fury by chance?

Lucypink
01-17-2009, 02:59 PM
About a year or so, I was out for the night by my self to a Night club in town, most of the time I can't be ready early and always get late to the Club, so I get out very late too.
Most of the time there is not parking at the front of the door, and I like to park on the other side of a small park, Just for the thrill of walking with heels and all dressed up, I Know many of you know what I mean... its the best!.
Any way, when I arrived to the parking spot there is a man watching out for the cars (where I live it is a common practice), I wait to see if he walks away but he does not, I get out of the car and he approaches in a gently manner and offers to take a look on my car, so I Agree and he makes some comments as "I will keep an eye of your car sexy lady", and so on. Nothing offensive.

Coming out of the club After a very fun night drinking some cocktails and dancing, I walk to the car and see the man is still there, it was like 4 am so I thought he wasn't going to be there any more. so I get quick in the car and pull a Bill to Tip him, I lower the glass and he tells me that I have a Flat tire. At that moment didn't know what to do, he tells me is pretty bad so I get off the car.

It was all the way down, could not move the car an inch, all though I am sure my SO would have done it not mater what.
Any way he offered to do the job for about 20 bucks which I gladly paid, so there I was standing on a Very Sexy Outfit at 4 am supervising a estranger changing the tire. It was the first time some body else changes a tire for me.
I was lucky, nothing else happened and got back home almost at sun rise.

Here is a photo of what I was wearing that night, so you can see how risky the situation was.

This was the most scary situation I have ever been on while CD.

Cheers! Lucy

Ashlyee Paige
01-17-2009, 03:16 PM
Wow I love your outfit!!!!!! You look great!

Rachel Morley
01-17-2009, 04:09 PM
When I first started going out on my own I used to take a "boy-bag". In it was a pair of jeans, tennis shoes, a guy's t-shirt, and a whole load of wet wipe makeup remover cloths plus some nail polish remover.

I never used it, not even once, so I eventually stopped taking it with me. Last year when I was traveling en femme from Sacramento to San Fransisco to pick up my wife from the airport I had a mild panic attack because as I was driving down the freeway the car started to what appeared to be miss-firing and I thought it was going to die on me. The reason I panicked was for the same reasons as you but also unbelievably, due to me rushing to get out of the house I had forgotten my cell phone! :eek: The thought of being fully en femme, broken down on the freeway with no cell phone and no boy-bag was not something I wanted to consider. :nailbiting:

Fortunately for me, just slowing down and moving to the slow lane it seemed to clear itself and I got there with no issues. :whew!:

Lucypink
01-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Wow I love your outfit!!!!!! You look great!

Thank you Ashley!! Just too much for a flat change, Don't you think?
Lucy

Cheryl T
01-19-2009, 06:45 PM
I pack a "boy bag" if the weather isn't going to be nice, just in case something happens. Otherwise it would be ... dial AAA and wait...

Genifer Teal
01-19-2009, 09:13 PM
The other night I arrive at the train station at 3am after some great partying. I get in my car and quickly dertemine the battery is dead as a door nail. (I was late catching the train earlier and left my lights on in the daytime due to rain) Thinking fast, I knew the next train at at that time was over an hour away, I scanned the huge parking lot and found someone getting off the ame train, to ask for help. There were not too many. It was a couple walking near my. A perfect choice. She was sympatheic to my distress and had the security of her SO to help safely. This parking lot is so big it has extra parking lots attached to it. They took about 5 min getting their car and bringing it over. Mean while I got the cables all set up go to. I saw another guy come by in his car and asked him for a jump, just in case they other couple never came back. He obliged. As we finished, he said - hey, don't you work for ***? It is a big public company he also works for. I never saw him before (that I remember) and he may have only seen me in girl mode. Whatever the case, I said yes and thanked him for the jump. Sometimes, when a situation arises, you just have to grin and bear it and take the safest course possible to get yourself out of it. BTW, I waited for the other couple before leaving so I could thank them and say I was ok. Everything works out in the end.

Gen

Persephone
01-20-2009, 01:55 AM
Years ago my company hired a very famous photographer to take some office pictures. Several of us who were into photography followed him around, hoping for a few bits of wisdom. Someone noticed that he never "bracketed" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bracketing) (bracketing = taking several shots of the same general subject). When asked, he said, "Bracketing makes you weak."

Ever since, I've applied that wisdom in a few different areas of life, one of which is crossdressing.

I'll carry a "boy bag" if I have to run some boy errands after running the girl ones, otherwise I almost never carry such a thing. To me, relying on a "boy bag" means that you may not have done enough girl work to begin with, otherwise, why not just deal with the situation as any ordinary woman would?

Don't women have their cars stall out or get flat tires? If you're prepared enough and brave enough to go out "en femme," then you should be ready to "walk the walk" and solve the problem the way any other woman would.

Don't you think most women are a bit scared/concerned when confronted with the big, burly tow truck driver? Probably feels a good bit like being a tasty morsel on the snack tray at a cocktail party. But they make it work for them, why shouldn't you be expected to do the same? After all, when you went out, you signed on as a woman.

Noel Chimes
01-20-2009, 09:30 AM
I think we all have had that thought in the back of our wigs at one time or another. I have had my own misfortune where I had oo choice but to call a tow truck to get home. Finally I have a car I can "trust" not to break down. My best advise when going out is "be prepared". And yes I use to be a "girl scout".

CrossJess
01-20-2009, 11:10 AM
:heehee:LOL I shouldn’t laugh but I would have been excited by the fact I could have been busted! By a man!, :o Lol my bf’s a mechanic, seeing him pull up in his tow truck in that situation I would have been aww Lol,:daydreaming::battingeyelashes:

OK ok getting back to reality, I’ve never fully CDd in public for that very reason, lol I could imagine back in the days when I had short hair & knowing my luck I could of been walking down a street then a gust of wind takes my wig off eek! thank god it's long now :)