PDA

View Full Version : Close to Flying En-Femme

Marissa Mae
01-17-2009, 02:39 AM
:doh: Coming back from a business trip tonight, I had the sudden urge to just "do it", to just stop into a bathroom, change into my jeans, boots, sweater, bra & panties, and just enjoy flying the friendly skies :daydreaming: hell, I even went to a local mall before I had to be at the airport; picked up some new jeans and a cute, cute top. Alas, it was not meant to be. Thanks to my terrible indecisiveness at the mall, and my unfamiliarity with the area, I didn't have time to change over :(

Well, there is always next weekend: I fly back out for business, and I'll be certain to make more time for Marissa :D I can't imagine flying en-femme! and am already excited thinking about it! How do you go through security?! That must be the most nervous point, since all eyes are on YOU! And then waiting at the terminal, though I think I won't have an issue at that point.

Tonight on my flight though, I noticed the person next to me reading a religious magazine regarding "Proposition 8" :brolleyes: HA I laughed on the inside, thinking about what this fellow's reaction would have been had I been dressed :devil:

Anyways, give me some flying tips, ladies!

kathrynjanos
01-17-2009, 02:57 AM
I'm just gonna give you one warning: REGARDLESS of what they are and aren't supposed to do, the security may disagree with your life choices and use that to harass you. Just... please be careful. I've been harassed before by security because of clothing in my suitcase, but passed it off as my gf's. But saying anything will only get you in trouble.

Marissa Mae
01-17-2009, 02:59 AM
I'm just gonna give you one warning: REGARDLESS of what they are and aren't supposed to do, the security may disagree with your life choices and use that to harass you. Just... please be careful. I've been harassed before by security because of clothing in my suitcase, but passed it off as my gf's. But saying anything will only get you in trouble.

:( that's my number one fear, getting singled out or harassed while in a position where I can't escape.

kathrynjanos
01-17-2009, 03:12 AM
:( that's my number one fear, getting singled out or harassed while in a position where I can't escape.

Yeah. I really wouldn't, just, too scary. They have you by your most sensitive bits while there, and even if there would be repercussions (possibly) they can make your life miserable for 24 hours or so. God help you if it's on a Friday night, though.

My dad, through years of protesting experience, gave me some good advice: Never get arrested on a Friday night. You won't see a judge until at least Monday.

Rogina B
01-17-2009, 07:21 AM
As long as you can handle the extra scrutiny,you can do it! Id won't match your face...so,thats when it begins.assure them that it is you and show a second id matching the first and or slide your wig back a little,so they see you have one on. When questioned why i was dressed that way,i have told them that i plan to have genital surgery in the coming year in order to transition....that one worked for me ! Makes them feel bad and shows you are serious at the same time. But, maybe you will just slide on through! Be early enough to change in a flash from your carryon bag if it gets too much to handle... Just do it!

SANDRA MICHELLE
01-17-2009, 10:39 AM
I have done it at least a dozen times and have never had any problems. I doubt that you will either and I am almost 1000% sure that security will not "single" you out unless you look like you are hiding something. dress as any woman would for the flight and you should not have problems. most of the things you are worried about would not happen in a million years of flying so quit worrying. It is a wonderful experience to come and go en-femme and I guarantee that the thrill of it is well worth the anxiety you will experience at first. Just do it!!!
Let us know how it goes.
Love
Sandra Michelle

Christina Horton
01-17-2009, 11:44 AM
:doh:
Tonight on my flight though, I noticed the person next to me reading a religious magazine regarding "Proposition 8" :brolleyes: HA I laughed on the inside, thinking about what this fellow's reaction would have been had I been dressed :devil:

Anyways, give me some flying tips, ladies!

whats prop 8. I live in Canada and I don't know what that is. I figger it's a law to stop CDers from dressing. Thats never going to happen. so what is it. thanks. If you know pm me and tell me. HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

celeste26
01-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Prop 8 is the anti- gay marriage law that California recently passed, trouble with come when they take it to court and try to find a way to take away a right that was accepted previously. The issue is far from over, still the religious right thinks they've won. There is nothing about Crossdressing at all.

Christina Horton
01-17-2009, 12:39 PM
thank you hun i thought so

marika_jaye
01-17-2009, 12:47 PM
Prop 8 is the anti- gay marriage law that California recently passed, trouble with come when they take it to court and try to find a way to take away a right that was accepted previously. The issue is far from over, still the religious right thinks they've won. There is nothing about Crossdressing at all.

Actually, I don't remember gay marriage being "legal" in California prior to prop. 8. San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsome disregarded the state's policy by allowing same-sex marriages within his city, but his unlawful act is hardly a legal precedent by which the entire state should be forced to accept same-sex marriage in spite of the fact that a majority of Californians obviously oppose it.

:2c:

Holly
01-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Actually, same-sex marriage WAS legal in California prior to Prop 8 and were performed throughout the state, not just in San Francisco. Prop 8 amended the state condtitution by defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman.

kathrynjanos
01-17-2009, 01:12 PM
Actually, I don't remember gay marriage being "legal" in California prior to prop. 8. San Francisco mayor Gavin Newsome disregarded the state's policy by allowing same-sex marriages within his city, but his unlawful act is hardly a legal precedent by which the entire state should be forced to accept same-sex marriage in spite of the fact that a majority of Californians obviously oppose it.

:2c:

And there we have some example of wrong. What you're referring to was that Newsome issued a decree for which he, unfortunately, had no legal standing, that ordered the city clerk to begin issuing licenses to gay couples.

Separately, however, the state Supreme Court ruled that gay marriage was legal as defined by the state Constitution. Prop 8 amended that to define it solely as between a man and woman, thereby invalidating the ruling of the court.

Persephone
01-17-2009, 01:18 PM
Actually, same-sex marriage WAS legal in California prior to Prop 8 and were performed throughout the state, not just in San Francisco. Prop 8 amended the state condtitution by defining marriage as a union between a man and a woman.

The solution is really simple, but completely overlooked in the power struggle. The State should issue everyone a license for "civil union," thus legally recognizing the relationship for its purposes. The State should not be involved in marriage, that should be the province of religions.

kathrynjanos
01-17-2009, 01:51 PM
The solution is really simple, but completely overlooked in the power struggle. The State should issue everyone a license for "civil union," thus legally recognizing the relationship for its purposes. The State should not be involved in marriage, that should be the province of religions.

I have said this to every person I've ever met, damn near word for word. Do you happen to know me IRL, lol?

TxKimberly
01-17-2009, 02:03 PM
I fly dressed a lot and it is no problem what so ever.

Christina Nicole
01-17-2009, 02:20 PM
I fly dressed a lot and it is no problem what so ever.

I am very surprised by that. Some of the TSA people are awful. I was at the airport to pick someone up and was heading home when some bozo TSA agent thought I was "too disrespectful." I didn't even see him much less do anything to him. He went though his power trip thing. I said I was sorry, but he still was threatening. I got his and his buddy's names and passed the story on to a relative who is a prosecutor and also to my attorney. Supposedly he was strongly disciplined so I didn't press it.

However after that experience, I wouldn't want to do anything that gives those jerks a chance to screw with me. Good luck to the rest of you and that you never fly into the New York area.

Warm regards,
Christina Nicole

StacyCD
01-17-2009, 03:25 PM
I have not flown enfemme but before flying I would suggest that you become very comfortable being enfemme out in public. If you have not reached a very high degree of comfort out in public enfemme before flying then the TSA folks will almost certainly pick up on you discomfort and you'll get 'extra screening.' I've flown with my forms in my carry on luggage and other fem items and never had a problem. In fact, I've flown with almost no guy clothes whatsoever and never had a problem. Some day, I hope to fly enfemme. Until that time it will be underdressed in a bra and panties with bright red toe nails!

JoannaCaroline
01-17-2009, 03:56 PM
No offense but you're worried about the wrong thing. There is nothing illegal about wearing clothes of any gender. If you're that worried about going through security, you're going to be miserable sitting in the waiting area and on a plane sitting 1 inch from someone who may be a religious nutcase or just an abject bigot. Security takes a few minutes in line and then a few minutes through. The flight takes forever and you are stuck with the person you sit next to.

kathrynjanos
01-17-2009, 04:02 PM
No offense but you're worried about the wrong thing. There is nothing illegal about wearing clothes of any gender. If you're that worried about going through security, you're going to be miserable sitting in the waiting area and on a plane sitting 1 inch from someone who may be a religious nutcase or just an abject bigot. Security takes a few minutes in line and then a few minutes through. The flight takes forever and you are stuck with the person you sit next to.

Respectfully, you're missing the point. If security picks a bone with you, you are screwed. You're under their control until they turn you over to an actual enforcement agency which can be delayed for some time. Unless you'd like to try to just walk away from them, but it'd be more embarrassing to be shot in dress than just delayed.

TxKimberly
01-17-2009, 07:08 PM
. . . If security picks a bone with you, you are screwed. . .

Let's not get paranoid people. The TSA does not have any more jerks or A-holes than any other profession, and unlike most other professions, THEY are highly trained on dealing with the public. They are also monitored and closely scrutinized on how they treat John Q. Public. Due to the few incidents that have been highly publicized, they are probably every bit as terrified of dealing with you as you are of them. They KNOW that if the mistreat you, the media IS going to hear about it, and their lives are going to be a nightmare of investigations, recriminations, and corrective training.

They are people just like you and I. They are trying to do a difficult job, with high consequences for failure. Screwing with us is way at the bottom of their priority list. Between there being so many witnesses around, their training and clearly defined policies on how to deal with us, I can't think of a safer place to be assuming you dress tastefully and act respectfully.

There ARE things in this world we need to fear - this is NOT one of them.

kathrynjanos
01-17-2009, 08:34 PM
Sorry Kimberly, but as Christina Nicole said, unless you've been through New York airports, you're probably not properly experienced to understand the concern. It's just a straight up experience, and yes, the TSA itself does care to a limited extent about its image, but the employees themselves do not. I believe what Carlin said, that they're the same people with double digit IQs, just with government badges now.

Angie G
01-17-2009, 09:01 PM
You should have bee dressed in that seat next to that guy. So much for small talk hun.:hugs:
Angie

TxKimberly
01-17-2009, 10:21 PM
Sorry Kimberly, but as Christina Nicole said, unless you've been through New York airports, you're probably not properly experienced to understand the concern. . . .

ROFL Kathryn,

I have flown in and out of New York and New Jersey too. :D
In both cases, the TSA folks took their jobs seriously but did not hassle me.
Also, we know we have at least one member on this forum who works for the TSA. I'm going to imagine she isn't going to get that warm and fuzzy feeling when she reads that everyone on her profession and organization has a low IQ.
With few exceptions, I travel by air almost every week and I am always amused to hear the hostility directed against these people. They are trying to get us to our destination alive - that's a goal I can get behind 100%. Unfortunately that does cause some inconvenience for the traveling public, but I'd rather be a bit inconvenienced than dead.

Tina Francis
01-17-2009, 10:47 PM
I flying very often with fem cloth in handluggage. In europe no problem, because you can mention it's for your wife or gf. Flying en femme, is much more difficult, because the security will ask and investigating you. They don't like funny things during their job. Travelling in the Schengen (Mid europe) area is no problem, because normally no passport comtrols.

Sharon
01-17-2009, 10:55 PM
What Kimberly writes is absolutely correct. I have flown numerous times, both before and after I had may name legally changed. As long as you don't try to present phony identification, and as long as you don't appear overly nervous, security at every airport I have been to treats you just like every other passenger. But if you're going to sweat like a leaky sieve, or appear as jumpy as an expectant father, I suggest you take the bus. :)

Ashlyee Paige
01-17-2009, 11:00 PM
ROFL Kathryn,

I have flown in and out of New York and New Jersey too. :D
In both cases, the TSA folks took their jobs seriously but did not hassle me.
Also, we know we have at least one member on this forum who works for the TSA. I'm going to imagine she isn't going to get that warm and fuzzy feeling when she reads that everyone on her profession and organization has a low IQ.
With few exceptions, I travel by air almost every week and I am always amused to hear the hostility directed against these people. They are trying to get us to our destination alive - that's a goal I can get behind 100%. Unfortunately that does cause some inconvenience for the traveling public, but I'd rather be a bit inconvenienced than dead.

Thank you TxKimberly! :>

Respectfully, you're missing the point. If security picks a bone with you, you are screwed. You're under their control until they turn you over to an actual enforcement agency which can be delayed for some time. Unless you'd like to try to just walk away from them, but it'd be more embarrassing to be shot in dress than just delayed.
I will not even comment on everyone with a low IQ, and just take it that the person might be frustrated from an unfavorable incident with TSA. Just because someone works somewhere and might have done something doesn't make the entire group guilty. I hope we can all agree on that. I hope you have better treatment in the future with them but I do only work there, I don't officially represent them but will answer any questions I can about what we do mostly to help any one on this board with questions they may have.
Actually no one in the checkpoint carrys a firearm for TSA so dont worry about being shot. I cannot speak for every single officer in TSA but I can say according to the policy which is highly enforced that you wouldnt be singled out for traveling en femme. Honestly it is just not that big of a deal to us, we are dealing with actual guns and other weapons that people try to take on then getting chewed out for not allowing snowglobes to go thru that no one really wants the type of attention that harrasing someone traveling en femme would bring. If anyone ever harasses you simply ask to speak to a manager or supervisor, end of story, attitudes will change very quickly when they get involved. we see so many different people daily at the airport and you would be surprised how many transgendered men and women travel. It is more common then you would think. Officers have dealt with so many issues that is is so common place now in the airport that no one bats an eye when someone arrives. I feel bad that many people feel threatened by security, we do scrutenize everyone but not to judge what someone wears or is dressed but if they pose a threat to security. going thru security in this post 911 time is a very stressful experience for alot of people and travelling enfemme adds to it for a person, we see it all the time and are really more concerned about a gun, weapon or explosive is in a persons bag that the type of clothing. The airport is so busy and so many people traveling thru that as long as the rules are followed, ie shoes off, laptop in bin seperate, liquids out ... as soon as you and your belongings are cleared you we are already screening the next person and you are pretty much forgotten, I know it sounds impersonal, with the threat always there planes getting blown up is really our only concern. dont ever worry about getting put in the jail cell there or being detained, those are reserved for criminals, not people being themselves I would be happy to answer anything you might have :> You should not be harrassed AT ALL by airport security. All officers take recurring training in diversity and are trained and repeatedly triaing in dealing with transgendered. They should process every passenger according to how you present yourself. You should have no problem with your DL as long as pertinent info is correct (i.e height ect..) and you are using your gov issued ID. gender does not matter. You actually can take breast forms in carry on or checked baggage, They are considered a medical device and you will not have to abandon them and will cause no security concerns. You do not have to mention wearing forms at all either. If you ever have a problem you always have the right to speak to a supervisor and if that does not resolve your concern ask to speak to a manager. Customer service and diversity is a very big concern with TSA although many people may not think so. make sure all your liquids, creams, gels, like toothpaste, makeup and anything of that type consistenct is in a ziplock baggie and removed from your bag and placed in the bin, as long as you don't have anything prohibited you should be ok, try to wear clothing with as little metal as possible and remove as much metal jewelery first. If you alarm the metal detector you will be sent to be searched and it will be by a female officer. If you have ANY questions feel free to post them here :> I will monitor this thread to help everyone out as mush as I can. I have posted links below to relevant articles as well as the TSA contact information, If you are treated unfairly AT ALL, please make a comment, they take these matters VERY seriously and they will do everything thay can to resolve the issue. i hope this helps :>

Prohibited items
http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...ted-items.shtm

compaint/contact information
http://www.tsacomplaints.com/complain/
Phone: 1-866-289-9673
E-mail: TSA-ContactCenter@dhs.gov

PretzelGirl
01-18-2009, 01:35 AM
Sorry Kimberly, but as Christina Nicole said, unless you've been through New York airports, you're probably not properly experienced to understand the concern. It's just a straight up experience, and yes, the TSA itself does care to a limited extent about its image, but the employees themselves do not. I believe what Carlin said, that they're the same people with double digit IQs, just with government badges now.

I travelled in and out of JFK with a Boston Red Sox shirt on. If I can do that. . . . :nailbiting:

Ashlyee Paige
01-18-2009, 02:41 AM
I travelled in and out of JFK with a Boston Red Sox shirt on. If I can do that. . . . :nailbiting:

Ok, the rules apply to ALMOST everything, but unfortunately the Red Sox TShirt is really pushing the limits....
:heehee:

Marissa Mae
01-18-2009, 12:19 PM
Yay! Thanks for all the replies! I am going to do it :D Next week! I am so excited!

Persephone
01-18-2009, 02:46 PM
I have said this to every person I've ever met, damn near word for word. Do you happen to know me IRL, lol?

It's possible! But will we ever find out if we know each other?

Persephone
01-18-2009, 02:51 PM
I have not flown enfemme but before flying I would suggest that you become very comfortable being enfemme out in public.

Absolutely, positively essential! If you aren't confident and able to walk the walk and talk the talk, then I advise not trying it.

Just did a flight almost entirely en femme and will try to post about it when I have a chance.

Persephone
01-18-2009, 03:00 PM
Thank you TxKimberly! :>
I hope this helps :>

Other than saying "Thank You" when going through security, we have very few chances to thank the individuals who work for TSA and related agencies. So here's to you, Ashlyee, and your colleagues, for the job that you do in keeping us safer as we travel.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Do what you want if you are willing to take and live with the risks
JoAnne Wheeler

Jenny J
01-18-2009, 03:44 PM
I’ve flown through all of NYC’s airports, most US and some European airports and my observation has been positive with regards to the TSA. They do have a thankless job and certainly don’t get the respect they should. That’s not to say some have a lot of issues and don’t always treat people well.

I have also noticed some passengers seem to check their brains with their luggage. When they go through the screening process they forget they have their keys, cell phones, giant belt buckles, cups of coffee and bottles of water (all forbidden substances) still on their persons when they go through the metal detectors. I’ve even seen a woman try to bring a real bow and arrow through the checkpoint. :eek: Hey, it's not loaded! :doh:

Then when they leave the area, they forget their laptops, hats, jackets or whatever they’ve put through the x-ray and head off on their merry way. That’s when I see the TSA roll their eyes. :brolleyes:

You may run into that one individual that might give you grief but as long as you are properly documented; boarding pass, ID and none of the prohibited items in your luggage (and I’m not talking about Breast Forms) you shouldn’t have any problems.

Just go through the metal detector with a smile on your face and be friendly, :bs: they are there to protect you and your fellow passengers.

Jen

:rose2:

Marissa Mae
01-22-2009, 01:05 AM
I have my itinerary now :worried: not sure which day to fly en femme! Either the flight out at 10:45PM on Sunday, or the flight home at 1:30PM on Friday. I am thinking the flight out would be best, since it will be later at night. I do have to change after I leave my house but before I get to the airport though.

I am pondering on what to wear :D Definitely boots, as it is cold out. Jeans, and I am thinking cowl neck sweater. Nice and warm, but cute. Not sure if I am going to do makeup, since I have to do it in the car beforehand, but I could attempt a little.

I am SO EXCITED!!! :cheer:

Uh-Oh, where do I go to the restroom at while at the airport: Guys or Girls? At bars and wherever, I would go to the women's room, but the airport is the last place i want to get caught up violating some rule.

TxKimberly
01-23-2009, 12:53 PM
I have my itinerary now :worried: not sure which day to fly en femme! Either the flight out at 10:45PM on Sunday, or the flight home at 1:30PM on Friday.

The first time I flew dressed i did it on a flight from home to someplace else. I did that so that IF I ran into problems, i would have the option of running back out to my car and changing. It just helps your piece of mind to know you have a back up and punt plan available.

I am pondering on what to wear :D
A few things to keep in mind.

Shoes - they have to come off going through security. Remember your going to be standing in a line of people when you have to take them off, so you might not want to be messing about with little tiny buckles. You CAN if you want to (I have) but you need to be mentally prepared to be hopping about on one foot while you mess with the straps! lol
Sweaters - If the sweater is large and bulky, and clearly not the only top you are wearing, they MAY ask you to remove it. That could be fun while wearing a wig.
Corsets - don't do it if they have a large metal content like the clasps or boning. You do NOT want the metal detector going off. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but the added attention is likely to make you a nervous wreck and is a hassle you would be better off with out.
Jewelry - Like I said with the corset above, don't wear it through security. Chuck it in your carry on and put it on after you get through security.

Uh-Oh, where do I go to the restroom at while at the airport: Guys or Girls?
Most larger airports (not all) have "Family" or "special needs" restrooms. Austin and Atlanta do, but I have been to some that don't (DFW). In that case, that's the one you want to use. It may be that the airports where I didn't see this type of bathroom might have had one, just not along side every other set of bathrooms. If these are not an option, you need to ask yourself an honest question - do you pass well enough for people to now be sure if your male of female? Don't answer that here - too personal, but YOU need to answer that question for yourself and then do what you think is best. As you have already indicated that you are probably not going to wear make up. . .

kathrynjanos
01-23-2009, 02:04 PM
The first time I flew dressed i did it on a flight from home to someplace else. I did that so that IF I ran into problems, i would have the option of running back out to my car and changing. It just helps your piece of mind to know you have a back up and punt plan available.

Shoes - they have to come off going through security. Remember your going to be standing in a line of people when you have to take them off, so you might not want to be messing about with little tiny buckles. You CAN if you want to (I have) but you need to be mentally prepared to be hopping about on one foot while you mess with the straps! lol
Sweaters - If the sweater is large and bulky, and clearly not the only top you are wearing, they MAY ask you to remove it. That could be fun while wearing a wig.
Corsets - don't do it if they have a large metal content like the clasps or boning. You do NOT want the metal detector going off. It wouldn't be the end of the world, but the added attention is likely to make you a nervous wreck and is a hassle you would be better off with out.
Jewelry - Like I said with the corset above, don't wear it through security. Chuck it in your carry on and put it on after you get through security.

Most larger airports (not all) have "Family" or "special needs" restrooms. Austin and Atlanta do, but I have been to some that don't (DFW). In that case, that's the one you want to use. It may be that the airports where I didn't see this type of bathroom might have had one, just not along side every other set of bathrooms. If these are not an option, you need to ask yourself an honest question - do you pass well enough for people to now be sure if your male of female? Don't answer that here - too personal, but YOU need to answer that question for yourself and then do what you think is best. As you have already indicated that you are probably not going to wear make up. . .

Great advice, Kimberly. My advice is just a build off of this, because little better can be given:

First off, as was said, shoes are best easily taken off, and be prepared to do that while in line. That's obvious, but so many people wait to do it right until they get up to the bins. If you do that while you're two people back, you're already set. Same with belts and emptying your pockets. Whatever you can have ready to go is better.

Second, metal. The point was already made, just do yourself a favor before you head out. Check your pockets for change, metal pens, everything. If you get change at the airport, like from a Starbucks, just leave it in the tip jar. Easier than plucking it out of the basket later anyway.

Third, if you have a computer, just have that out and ready for a separate basket. I've been asked before why I have a bunch of different cords, and I just explained them as various chargers and data cables, the guy nods, and I moved on.

Fourth, WATCH YOUR LIQUIDS AND CREAMS. Just put them in the checked luggage and leave it at that. They will not now or ever make an exception for larger items, just forget about it. If it doesn't fit within regulated sizes, expect it to be taken.

All these points make you look like a professional traveler, and it'll also make you less nervous. First time I traveled by myself for business I was freaked out because I had nothing ready and actually the TSA guys were pretty cool about it and just walked me through it. Once I went through the scanner and nothing happened, everything was cool. Since then I've traveled by air probably 20 times (per way), and have everything ready, walk through, collect my crap, and move on. Once, I forgot my belt and the guy just pointed, I chucked it onto the belt and walked through the scanner, no big deal.

Keep your ticket and ID with you. In fact, if you're down with these items and thoughts, then I'd recommend going to the express lane for experienced or business travelers if they have one. I've found that the TSA people pay less attention to you if you know what you're doing, and it's also quicker getting through the lines.

joann07
01-23-2009, 04:10 PM

Kimberly has a lot of good points which I strongly recommend when flying.

And just like her, I haven't had any problems with airport personnel nor TSA security whatsoever.
Whenever I get ready for a flight, I always make sure I pack whatever I don't need in my check-in leaving only some essential items to bring in my purse, that's in addition to my wallet, car keys, and other misc items.
Those would include, lotions (in small TSA approved bottles), compact powder, lipstick, and lipgloss in a TSA zip lock approved bag.

Before I go through the metal detector, I ensure that I take off my watch and bracelets, and put them in the tray cup, and then my cell phone, car keys, purse, laptop, jacket or sweater, and shoes on the big tray.
I also make sure I have my boarding pass and ID in hand, ready to display, when I initially get to the ID screening officer and after I go through the detector.

I plan all these ahead of time so that passing through the security checkpoint will go very smoothly and without a hitch. So far, my plan has worked every time and not once have I had any issues.

Oh! One more thing I forgot to add. Treat flying in femme just like any other time you've flown before. In other words, act like you belong there. Smile and be nice and courteous to the airport personnel and don't be afraid to ask questions. If they can see that you're friendly, or not perceived as a threat, then there's no reason for them or anyone else to be suspicious.

Other than that, have fun and enjoy the experience.

Hugs!

Marissa Mae
01-23-2009, 07:05 PM
You all are wonderful! :love: I feel like I can more than pull this off, but just wanted some technical details cleared up a bit :o last one: carry-on AND purse... can I take my laptop bag and my purse, or will that count as 2 carry-on items?

Thanks for all the tips! I have flown plenty of times, so know what to expect; just haven't done it in heels and a wig! If I had flats, I would wear those (I like to be comfortable), but I think I can suffer through a small 2 hour flight with heels :D I did a test run of my outfit tonight, and it looks casual, nothing in the slightest bit hoochy haha. The sweater is pretty form fitting, so I am thinking I am good there.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

PretzelGirl
01-23-2009, 10:06 PM
You all are wonderful! :love: I feel like I can more than pull this off, but just wanted some technical details cleared up a bit :o last one: carry-on AND purse... can I take my laptop bag and my purse, or will that count as 2 carry-on items?

A laptop case or a purse is considered a personal item and you are allowed to carry an additional carry-on when you have one of these. If you have both, I probably wouldn't push it and try to carry an additional bag.

joann07
01-24-2009, 01:13 AM

Thanks for all the tips! I have flown plenty of times, so know what to expect; just haven't done it in heels and a wig! If I had flats, I would wear those (I like to be comfortable), but I think I can suffer through a small 2 hour flight with heels :D I did a test run of my outfit tonight, and it looks casual, nothing in the slightest bit hoochy haha. The sweater is pretty form fitting, so I am thinking I am good there.

CAN'T WAIT!!!

During my last flight to NYC, I brought my purse and my laptop case without any issues so you'll be fine.
It's a piece of cake!

Good luck and let us know how things go!

Hugs!

Marissa Mae
01-24-2009, 01:29 PM
During my last flight to NYC, I brought my purse and my laptop case without any issues so you'll be fine.
It's a piece of cake!

Good luck and let us know how things go!

Hugs!

Thats good news :) Thanks again for all of the help :hugs: I am still pondering which restroom to use (or not eating or drinking anything 6 hours before take off! :heehee:) If you go in to the ladies room, do your business, in and out, I wouldn't think there to be a problem. So yeah, Women's room it is!

I am going to get my haircut today, and I am going to buy an accessory: a pair of glasses :daydreaming: Last time I was out, a girl let me wear hers, and it totally made me look better (in my eyes) as a woman. They seemed to soften my face (?) hard to explain, but I like 'em!

AND, I made one of the biggest purchases: a black, wool, knee length jacket from Kenneth Cole :daydreaming: Very form fitting, feminine.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!

Suzy Harrison
01-24-2009, 09:43 PM
It's not really as hard as you would think. But before I came on this forum I would have said to myself:

" Flying as a female is totally impossible and you would be nuts to even think about trying "

After reading about JoAnns' and TxKimmies' flights ~ I copied them ( I'ts the secret of my success actually, just copying these two girls).

Two days ago I completed my 8th flight - and as usual, nothing bad happened.

Next Friday I'll do my 9th - So don't worry you'll be fine .

:hugs: Suzy

Marissa Mae
01-25-2009, 12:30 PM
It's not really as hard as you would think. But before I came on this forum I would have said to myself:

" Flying as a female is totally impossible and you would be nuts to even think about trying "

After reading about JoAnns' and TxKimmies' flights ~ I copied them ( I'ts the secret of my success actually, just copying these two girls).

Two days ago I completed my 8th flight - and as usual, nothing bad happened.

Next Friday I'll do my 9th - So don't worry you'll be fine .

:hugs: Suzy

Today is the big day, and I am starting to get that nice excited/ butterflies-in-stomach feeling :D I received your message, but the link didn't work properly for some reason. Is there anyway you can resend? :hugs: I have read a few posts by girls who have flown before, including some by you, Suzy, and they make me feel a lot better about it. Just like I was nervous as hell about going out for the first time, only to find out it was nothing to worry about, I think this is just another step that we can take, and will come to find out it is a fun time :)

Ok, gotta go get some food and plan tonight's adventure :daydreaming:

renee k
01-25-2009, 12:55 PM

CAN'T WAIT!!!

Hi Marissa,

At my airline,and practically everywhere else. A purse is not considered a carry-on piece. So you'll be fine with your laptop. Have fun and be sure to post a follow up story.

Huggs, Renee

Marissa Mae
01-25-2009, 04:59 PM
Well, Phase 1 of the plan is in effect. I took my outfit out to the car ahead of time, so as to just be 'ready'. I haven't finalized what I am wearing as yet, either the sweater or a casual dolman sleeve top. Choices, choices :heehee: the sweater, I think, will be hot (heat wise) and bulky, but I like it better.

I also went to CVS and got some nails, eyeliner and remover :D one of my roomie gave me some quick lessons on the eye liner, since I have never really been good at it. So, I have a new skill in my repertoire now!

I will follow up with a trip report later this evening after I get settled in at the hotel. Here's to flying while dressed! :drink:

Hi Marissa,

At my airline,and practically everywhere else. A purse is not considered a carry-on piece. So you'll be fine with your laptop. Have fun and be sure to post a follow up story.

Huggs, Renee

Excellent news, thank you :) Countdown: T-4 hours :Party2:

Suzy Harrison
01-26-2009, 05:44 AM
The link I sent was to my reply on this thread actually.

I guess and hope by now you have made the trip ?

kathrynjanos
01-26-2009, 03:05 PM
Well, Phase 1 of the plan is in effect. I took my outfit out to the car ahead of time, so as to just be 'ready'. I haven't finalized what I am wearing as yet, either the sweater or a casual dolman sleeve top. Choices, choices :heehee: the sweater, I think, will be hot (heat wise) and bulky, but I like it better.

I also went to CVS and got some nails, eyeliner and remover :D one of my roomie gave me some quick lessons on the eye liner, since I have never really been good at it. So, I have a new skill in my repertoire now!

I will follow up with a trip report later this evening after I get settled in at the hotel. Here's to flying while dressed! :drink:

Excellent news, thank you :) Countdown: T-4 hours :Party2:

Well, hopefully you'll report in soon, otherwise you've been shuttled off to Guantanamo by now... :doh:

Talk to us soon sweetie, let us know you're safe (and how much of a thrill it was!)

Wendi {LI NY}
01-26-2009, 03:23 PM
Sorry to say ,but I live it NYC area and flown in& out Newark,Kennedy and Laguarda airports without a problem or dirty looks. I did use my boy id for a time :eek: and I still got madam.:) Like Kimibley and few others said ,Act repectful,poilte,and don't dress like a tart .:doh:You be fine!
:love: Wendi

tricia_uktv
01-26-2009, 05:26 PM
Go on .... It will be fun, whatever happens. But let us know how it goes. I am planning the same thing in the summer :)

Marissa Mae
01-26-2009, 06:50 PM
Hey everyone, I am alive :heehee: I tried to post up last night, but I couldn't get on here thanks to database errors. So, I typed out the experience on MS Word. Here you go:

Well, I finally arrived at my destination after a night of traveling as Marissa. It was everything I thought it would be… at least when I wasn’t walking.
I left the house at around 8:15, and began to carry out my plan. First things first, of course: change  So I stopped at the gas station up the street (because it has private, outdoor bathrooms), and completed the transformation in very good time; and, I am getting better at makeup! I wore my pink knit sweater, new dark wash jeans, and my favorite boots. I felt great, to be finally out in public doing something other than drinking at a bar or club (which isn’t a bad thing, mind you!). I drove to the airport, parked, put on my nails, got my bags out, locked the Jeep, and there I was: out and about as Marissa!

I walked to the terminal, past many, many people going on their way in life. Some smiled, some didn’t notice, and not one person said or did anything to make me uncomfortable. I knew this would be the case, but I want to reiterate to anyone who is on the brink of going out: you have more to fear from your own nerves than you do other people :D My confidence level just kept going up with each step, and I loved it!
But it wasn’t all roses, and the trouble free grace period was about to end. By the time I reached the right check in kiosk (on the complete opposite side of Dulles from where I parked), my feet were in agony. My favorite boots, while looking the part, certainly didn’t feel all that sexy. I had to sit before I even reached the check in booth, but I knew that I didn’t have time to waste, so I soldiered on and got my bag checked. I hobbled over to a ledge and sat down, faced with a dilemma: I can’t walk, and I still have to go through security and a shuttle ride to the gate. As much as I hated to do it, I removed the boots and went the rest of the way in socks. Security was a breeze, didn’t get bothered one bit. Even got called “Ma’am” by a cordial attendant.

After a huge fiasco at the gate (another story not worth telling here), I get on the plane. This is where I faced what every crossdresser fears; what we all lament about when talking about being confronted with people who outright want to point you out: it seemed that I had the luck of being on the same small, cramped flight as some St. Louis school wrestling team, of high school age it appeared. Well, I guess I was getting the trial-by-fire of a lifetime. I heard a few of the kids laugh and say something at the boarding gate, and as I got on I heard the same hecklers again. But I was more concerned about my battered, sweaty, aching body, than to care about some adolescent children express their social insecurities to their buddies, in an attempt to make sure that everyone knew that they weren’t different than the norm. (if confronted by one, I had a retort chambered… something to do with guys rolling around, grabbing one another seemed more straight than… oh, never mind haha).

The flight went by without any issues. The attendant was a sweetheart. I finally had my first chance to recuperate. But as we got off the plane, within the first few steps, I knew I was finished with heels. But I had to go to the bathroom, and with my last shred of reserve energy, I made it into the WOMEN’S bathroom  Business complete, I set off again, but didn’t make it too far. Again, I was reduced to padding my way to the baggage claim in socks. I was beat, waving the white flag; I thought I had heels mastered, especially ones I have had longer than any other. When I got my bag, I changed into my pumps that I brought, which were 1000 times easier to walk in than the boots. I went to get my rental car next, which was just another matter of fact type of interaction. I was treated nicely, cordially, in a business like fashion. After dealing with high school children of the worst kind, there was nothing that was going to chink my armor!

My night ended at the hotel. I checked in (again, no issues, the hostess was so nice), got to my room, unpacked, and discovered I was hungry. I went down to the lobby to get some fast food; I had to heat it up there, so I sat in full femme, in the hotel lobby, while my food cooked in the microwave. Come on, this is nothing at this point. I chilled out, crossed my legs, dangling my pump, and watched the news. I was feeling the best I had felt all night. But there was one last hurdle to jump before I could retire: my room card wasn’t activating the elevator, so I had to go back to the front desk and have the key re-coded. Again, it didn’t work, and the manager than came out to help me. Of course, he got the key to work, and I was on my way home, to here, as I type this.

In retrospect, everything we fear as a crossdresser, the fear of being laughed and jeered at, the fear of interacting with people who know we are men in women’s clothing, the fear of being stuck somewhere dressed, it all happened to me within the span of 6 hours. But I am a stronger person because of it, and I learned a great deal about how I react in reality to these types of stresses, versus just envisioning how I would react to them if I were ever confronted by them. I was nervous at times, frustrated, but I just kept telling myself that “this is nothing but a thing, you’re ok!”, and I was. Everything turned out just fine, and I am a better Marissa now 
So, my words of advice:

1) Wear sensible shoes. Leave the stiletto boots for the club.
2) Wear cool clothing. I was sweating from the constant movement, and it made me miserable.
3) Smile and make eye contact with everyone who addresses you. This goes for en-femme and en-drab.
4) Be confident, like nothing can phase you, because you have nothing to worry about!
5) Enjoy the sensations of finally doing something you have nervously dreamed about!

There are others, I am sure, but right now I am tired and need to shower and sleep. Good night!

I am so sore today, my calves are all knotted up, but the 4 hours of sleep I got were the deepest I have had in a long time. I was sort of embarrassed to be walking around carrying my boots, though I didn't let it get to me until after got to the hotel. So I think I am harder on myself than the general population was!

The next time (if there is a next time), things will be even better, considering this was my first time doing it. Smaller heels, cooler clothing, less baggage; that should improve the trip drastically. But until then, I am going to stick to my weekend night forays into the city :D

Marissa

Vicki65
01-26-2009, 07:23 PM
Were the boots you wore the ones in your avatar?

If so, I think the best thing to do, given your negative experience of the heels for that length of time, would be to get rid of them. Preferably send them far far away where you'll never be tempted to wear them again.

Somewhere like my house maybe :D

Marissa Mae
01-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Were the boots you wore the ones in your avatar?

If so, I think the best thing to do, given your negative experience of the heels for that length of time, would be to get rid of them. Preferably send them far far away where you'll never be tempted to wear them again.

Somewhere like my house maybe :D

:devil: LOL yup, same boots. Deceptively sexy, but don't try walking more than a block or 2 in them! I like the boots in your avatar better though!

kathrynjanos
01-26-2009, 09:23 PM
Marissa,

I am SOOOO happy for you, especially considering that I was one of the doubters (never of you, just of society)! Congratulations on your trip and the smashing success of it all (well, I think I warned you about the shoes, didn't I?). I'd know all about the shoe problems.

I have what's known as "tarsal coalition" meaning that certain parts of my ankles do not move appropriately. I have little to no lateral motion in my ankles, meaning that almost all of the motion I can generate is front to back. That works great for things like biking, but it makes it extremely easy for me to break an ankle moving over uneven surfaces like gravel or, well, in heels at all.

I have a pair of 4" red beauties that I just can't wear unless I'm walking around in my apartment for less than 15 minutes or laying down (not necessarily "on my back" :tongueout). Since I'm already tall, I'm just gonna go ahead and get flats for going out with. Thanks to biking, my legs have some nice definition already, and I plan to keep it that way.

Robynts
01-26-2009, 09:29 PM
Congratulations Marissa,

I have been watching your posts on this with great interest. So glad that you finally made your trip. I need to screw up my courage to travel as Robyn when I go to SCC.

You certainly made one point perfectly clear, comfortable shoes are a must! So much for traveling in my hooker boots.

Soooo for the rest of the story -- Are you coming home as Marissa?

Robyn

Marissa Mae
01-26-2009, 10:55 PM
Marissa,

I am SOOOO happy for you, especially considering that I was one of the doubters (never of you, just of society)! Congratulations on your trip and the smashing success of it all (well, I think I warned you about the shoes, didn't I?). I'd know all about the shoe problems.

I have what's known as "tarsal coalition" meaning that certain parts of my ankles do not move appropriately. I have little to no lateral motion in my ankles, meaning that almost all of the motion I can generate is front to back. That works great for things like biking, but it makes it extremely easy for me to break an ankle moving over uneven surfaces like gravel or, well, in heels at all.

I have a pair of 4" red beauties that I just can't wear unless I'm walking around in my apartment for less than 15 minutes or laying down (not necessarily "on my back" :tongueout). Since I'm already tall, I'm just gonna go ahead and get flats for going out with. Thanks to biking, my legs have some nice definition already, and I plan to keep it that way.

Aww, thank you for the congrats :love: I was just naive to think I could do it in 4" heels :o I suppose I found out that society isn't really the monster we make it out to be; people have their own lives to attend to, and they only have a small amount of time in passing to say anything, and by that time you have already minced past :D If trapped with a group of hecklers, just turn your nose up and realize they are the exceptions, not the norm, and you won't ever see them again after you depart.

I hope you find some shoes that are kind to your feet :) Have you ever biked as Kathryn? Cute tennies, sports bra, silk biker shorts, the works? :heehee:

Congratulations Marissa,

I have been watching your posts on this with great interest. So glad that you finally made your trip. I need to screw up my courage to travel as Robyn when I go to SCC.

You certainly made one point perfectly clear, comfortable shoes are a must! So much for traveling in my hooker boots.

Soooo for the rest of the story -- Are you coming home as Marissa?

Robyn

Robyn,

DO IT! Plan it out, pick out your best outfit, and just go! You won't regret it at all, and you will feel like you accomplished a tremendous feat! Pun intended, you need to make your feet numero uno, and wear something comfortable. Walking around the house for a few hours in 6" heels is NOTHING compared to getting out there in the real world! I thought I was ready, in fact I had even gone out in these boots before many a times, but I think it was the looooooong walk from the parking garage that did me in. I am wearing those same boots right now, and I feel fine! Hmmmm... :heehee:

Unfortunately, I can't fly back as Marissa, since I am getting in at such an early time (2 PM), and wouldn't have a chance to change back completely before facing friends and co-workers :(

Enough about me though, Robyn, get on that jet plane! :hugs:

joann07
01-27-2009, 01:28 AM
Hi Marissa!

A big congradulations goes out to you.
Welcome to the Flying Girls Club. You're now an official member! :cheer:

Now that you've done it, there's nothing you can't do.
Flying in femme has to be one of the most challenging things a Tgirl can do, but once you do it the first time you'll want to do it again and again because its a piece of cake.
There are things to learn from that first time, but the more you do it the better you get and the more you'll enjoy it.

Again congrats. I am so happy for you.
I knew you could do it.

Hugs!

Persephone
01-27-2009, 02:34 AM
Major congratulations Marissa Mae!!!

And thanks for such an excellent post describing your trip. Really enjoyable to read.

Looks like you found out a few things:

Now you know why women wear lower heels when travelling.

It feels different to be noticed (and sometimes even stared at). Scary until you realize that you've moved out from behind the male veil where no-one pays much attention to you and into "girl world" where you get noticed.

Whenever women make eye contact with each other, even as total strangers passing in the airport, they give each other a little smile and you would be out of place if you didn't do the same.

(Raising a glass in toast to you) Here's to more wonderful adventures!

Hugs,

Suzy Harrison
01-27-2009, 03:05 AM
Congratulations and welcome the Flying Girls Club !

You'll find after this just about everything else will seem easy - so well done. By the way picking up a hire car enfemme is something I haven't done yet - so you're ahead of me there !

Ashlyee Paige
01-27-2009, 03:54 AM
Can't wait to hear how it went!

Marissa Mae
01-27-2009, 09:25 AM
Hi Marissa!

A big congradulations goes out to you.
Welcome to the Flying Girls Club. You're now an official member! :cheer:

Now that you've done it, there's nothing you can't do.
Flying in femme has to be one of the most challenging things a Tgirl can do, but once you do it the first time you'll want to do it again and again because its a piece of cake.
There are things to learn from that first time, but the more you do it the better you get and the more you'll enjoy it.

Again congrats. I am so happy for you.
I knew you could do it.

Hugs!

Yay! I am happy now! :battingeyelashes: looking back, now that the pain is subsiding (my calves still feel like I just climbed a mountain) I am beginning to see only how much fun I had despite all of the setbacks. So yeah, I think I may have to fly the friendly skies again! I have just the outfit in mind too!

Congratulations and welcome the Flying Girls Club !

You'll find after this just about everything else will seem easy - so well done. By the way picking up a hire car enfemme is something I haven't done yet - so you're ahead of me there !

Suzy: you got that car thing beat and you don't even realize it :hugs: it takes a matter of minutes to sign the paperwork and get on your way. Just call ahead and make a reservation, and things will go even smoother. Your mission: connect the dots of flying-rental car-check in to hotel.

cindym5_04
01-27-2009, 09:44 AM
WOW that's great!! AND YOU GO NOVA GIRL!!! (I'm in Nova too)... at least I know now, too, if I'm tempted to fly en femme, I can go through Dulles without problem :D.

Here's to you! :love::drink:

Marissa Mae
01-27-2009, 08:21 PM
WOW that's great!! AND YOU GO NOVA GIRL!!! (I'm in Nova too)... at least I know now, too, if I'm tempted to fly en femme, I can go through Dulles without problem :D.

Here's to you! :love::drink:

Hey fellow NOVA-ite :heehee: Definitely, Dulles isn't a scary place anymore, you will have fun! But it seems like every time I go there, my gate is the farthest from the main terminal :Angry3:

kathrynjanos
01-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Aww, thank you for the congrats :love: I was just naive to think I could do it in 4" heels :o I suppose I found out that society isn't really the monster we make it out to be; people have their own lives to attend to, and they only have a small amount of time in passing to say anything, and by that time you have already minced past :D If trapped with a group of hecklers, just turn your nose up and realize they are the exceptions, not the norm, and you won't ever see them again after you depart.

I hope you find some shoes that are kind to your feet :) Have you ever biked as Kathryn? Cute tennies, sports bra, silk biker shorts, the works? :heehee:

Well, society CAN be the monster, which is why we speak from sad experience, but I enjoy being proven wrong on that front. :D

As to the hecklers, don't sweat 'em. Bunch of stupid kids especially, of all things. Out of any ten of them, at least one is probably gay or bi and already knows it, and one of the others may well be a future CD.

I've found this darling pair of flats that are custom made for about $100, which is a bit more than I'm used to paying as a male, but I also know about the importance of good shoes with my ankle problems. I think I'll be getting them as soon as this weekend, but it'll take a few weeks for them to arrive anyway.

I'm actually surprised that I never thought about biking as Kathryn! If I lose this embarrassing stomach in time for the summer, I could easily do that. It's a great suggestion, thank you! I just can't do the tennis shoes because I am a big road biker, and so I have clips mounted to the bike, which means bike shoes only, and I don't want to try to find women's bike shoes in my size, it's hell enough finding regular ones in my size.

All this still means that I need to find some decent forms before I go out anywhere. Especially if I lose weight, I'll be losing any size I have up there, and I'm not committed to trying to grow those babies in any way through permanent means.

TxKimberly
01-27-2009, 10:21 PM
I am SOO proud of you! You make it sound so easy, but I know the fear you probably had at first! As I've tried to tell everyone, you are your own worst enemy! Most people couldn't care less how you are dressed, they have their lives, and you have yours. All things considered, you may as well enjoy yours!
Way to go lady!

Marissa Mae
01-27-2009, 11:12 PM
Well, society CAN be the monster, which is why we speak from sad experience, but I enjoy being proven wrong on that front. :D

As to the hecklers, don't sweat 'em. Bunch of stupid kids especially, of all things. Out of any ten of them, at least one is probably gay or bi and already knows it, and one of the others may well be a future CD.

I've found this darling pair of flats that are custom made for about $100, which is a bit more than I'm used to paying as a male, but I also know about the importance of good shoes with my ankle problems. I think I'll be getting them as soon as this weekend, but it'll take a few weeks for them to arrive anyway.

I'm actually surprised that I never thought about biking as Kathryn! If I lose this embarrassing stomach in time for the summer, I could easily do that. It's a great suggestion, thank you! I just can't do the tennis shoes because I am a big road biker, and so I have clips mounted to the bike, which means bike shoes only, and I don't want to try to find women's bike shoes in my size, it's hell enough finding regular ones in my size.

All this still means that I need to find some decent forms before I go out anywhere. Especially if I lose weight, I'll be losing any size I have up there, and I'm not committed to trying to grow those babies in any way through permanent means.

What would a woman wear to go out biking? Pink spandex bike shorts, sports bra, a nice tank top, wig, big sunglasses? This is a new area for us, I do believe!

You know, when I was on the plane and had to listen to the kids trying to sound tough next to their friends, I thought the same exact thing: I bet one or two of them are either gay or crossdress, and if he crossdresses, he CERTAINLY would love to be in my heels right about now!!!!! :tongueout:heehee:

Get the flats. Enough said. I spent more on my women's jacket than I did on my drab one :D not to mention I have bought more shoes as Marissa in the past year than I have as a guy in the past 5!

I am SOO proud of you! You make it sound so easy, but I know the fear you probably had at first! As I've tried to tell everyone, you are your own worst enemy! Most people couldn't care less how you are dressed, they have their lives, and you have yours. All things considered, you may as well enjoy yours!
Way to go lady!

Thanks you sooooo much! :love: Admittedly, my heart was pumping for sure :o I was still so nervous when I got there, that if anyone walked past I was like "of course someone has to walk by NOW!" haha but once I started walking, I broke out of that mindset and just had a great time :daydreaming: You will always get looks of interest or surprise from people, but you just shrug it off and keep going. No one can stop you!

kathrynjanos
01-28-2009, 12:06 AM
What would a woman wear to go out biking? Pink spandex bike shorts, sports bra, a nice tank top, wig, big sunglasses? This is a new area for us, I do believe!

You know, when I was on the plane and had to listen to the kids trying to sound tough next to their friends, I thought the same exact thing: I bet one or two of them are either gay or crossdress, and if he crossdresses, he CERTAINLY would love to be in my heels right about now!!!!! :tongueout:heehee:

Get the flats. Enough said. I spent more on my women's jacket than I did on my drab one :D not to mention I have bought more shoes as Marissa in the past year than I have as a guy in the past 5!

Bike shorts are a must, but they're pretty androgynous, so I can wear men's and they'll be fine. Already have those, so that works. A jersey is another great piece I need, but a sports bra would work just as well, I suppose. As my best friend said though, any time you're exposing a significant portion of your back, you really need to have a feminine back or else it's a dead giveaway.

Again, as to the wrestler kids, I probably would've turned on them! Let them hear the truth they're all afraid of. If nothing else, it gets them to be embarrassed enough to focus elsewhere.

The flats I want cost about as much as the normal shoes I wear for my ankles, a pair of New Balance 992s. Most comfortable mens shoes evar, only seconded by my Merell boots.

cindym5_04
01-29-2009, 01:07 PM
But it seems like every time I go there, my gate is the farthest from the main terminal :Angry3:

They do it on purpose...they know it's for you!

With the flying thing, looking back on the minimal times I've flown (only to and from 3 places), I just have to think how bad it would've been to have been wearing the heels you were wearing (and the feet hurting) on my way to Hawaii last year. We had what was supposed to be a 2 hour layover in LA, turn into a 6 hour layover because of problems with the plane. Then, fortunately, they had a plane come and get us, but we had to go to the terminal that was all the way on the other side of the airport. Flying enfemme does sound pretty exciting though. I don't think the wife would be very keen on me doing that...hehehe.

kathrynjanos
01-29-2009, 11:34 PM
They do it on purpose...they know it's for you!

With the flying thing, looking back on the minimal times I've flown (only to and from 3 places), I just have to think how bad it would've been to have been wearing the heels you were wearing (and the feet hurting) on my way to Hawaii last year. We had what was supposed to be a 2 hour layover in LA, turn into a 6 hour layover because of problems with the plane. Then, fortunately, they had a plane come and get us, but we had to go to the terminal that was all the way on the other side of the airport. Flying enfemme does sound pretty exciting though. I don't think the wife would be very keen on me doing that...hehehe.

Ugh, O'Hare was my worst flying experience. EVERY connection is a gate change, and every gate change is to the other side of the airport. I was with my dad and sister once and I was still young and full of energy and in shape, and we came in with like fifteen minutes to make our connection (late). My dad just said "Run for it."

I dropped my bags which he picked up behind me and took off like Forrest Gump at a full on dead run - people just got out of my way - and I made the gate JUST as they were closing the doors. They held the doors for my family and we made the flight. Thank GOD I didn't dress back then, heels would've been impossible.

jruiz
02-14-2009, 10:57 PM
I'd have an additional concern: breast forms and padded panties.

Security could suspect of drug trafficking inside of them.

It would not be a nice experience... Maybe traveling with a deflated boob after an invasive inspection of it's content :doh:

kathrynjanos
02-15-2009, 02:10 PM

It would not be a nice experience... Maybe traveling with a deflated boob after an invasive inspection of it's content :doh:

I don't think they'd be allowed to destroy them without good cause, in which case you'd have a claim against them anyway to force them to replace it.

jruiz
02-15-2009, 03:21 PM
I don't think they'd be allowed to destroy them without good cause, in which case you'd have a claim against them anyway to force them to replace it.

They will probably replace it after a while. But this travel would be completed with a popped breast :eek::eek::eek:

Ashlyee Paige
02-15-2009, 04:25 PM

Tsa isn't looking for drugs and would never destroy forms a swab and xray is all tsa will do you'll be fine