PDA

View Full Version : On being a girl

JODINYCTV
01-17-2009, 11:22 AM
I want to restate in this main forum some thoughts I shared elsewhere here, beginning with severe Thanks to all who have welcomed me here, and amplify on them somewhat.

I have been dressing for quite some time and long ago decided to never again deny myself the special hard to define release and joy my femme self enables. Being a girl is hard work, often frowned upon by others, and indeed is a quirk most guys cannot explain their need for. Nonetheless, it is not to be stanched or ignored, but should be embraced fully, so you can revel in the unmitigated joy of girldom!

I do look forward to becoming an active participant in this site, sharing the joys and burdens that the lovely diversion from the norm I am so privileged to enjoy brings. Looking at life from a gals perspective does much to broaden ones overall view of people, society, the world in general, and has made me a better, and more well rounded (and not only in the rump) person.

Of course, transforming from an average looking Joe to a relatively sexy gal is a feeling no one could adequately describe to anyone who has not or could not savor the experience for themselves. Suffice to say, it is grand, a drug of sorts, or perhaps an aphrodisiac that works a special magic on ones whole persona.

The so-called ‘real world’ I inhabit the vast majority of time is made tolerable and all the better because of my ability to slip into my femme self and experience life from the unique perspective us gals learn so much from.

Life without Jodi will someday likely be a reality. The whole process of the transformation will not be easy, or be pretty as I hopefully gracefully age.

But while I can continue to enjoy this pleasant little diversion from the ever aggravating norm, I shall, putting Jodi on display for all those who choose to engage me in conversation and more. This side of me truly does ‘complete’ me, and the unfettered desires and passion it arouses, cannot be ignored, indeed, I celebrate them every time I become my ‘other’ side.

Girls, please do not ever give up on your femme self, nor deny yourself the wonders and unmitigated joy and release that being a girl brings. Although my time spent en femme is limited, it makes being Jodi all the sweeter and special, and I choose to keep it that way as I rather like the ‘other’ me too.

Yet Jodi time is critical to the whole package, and without that time, life would be far less fulfilling... and interesting. To deny yourself all the wonder, because of the strictures of society, or the rude reactions of others not as lucky or understanding as we, is truly a disservice to yourself, one that can only result in the depression that comes along with denying yourself of this essential and glorious imperative.

I hope to be around to post, encourage and aid those seeking a voice of acceptance and experience from time to time. All my best to all of you.

melissacd
01-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Jodi,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful read. As I move more and more into my acceptance of Melissa I feel a rightness of being, a joy and a correctness that I have never felt before. The difference for me is that I can dress most of the time, I do not have to tuck it away to play with once in a while. The sweetness has not yet diminished after over a year.

I love what you have to say and I am glad that you said it, it is very heart felt and I am sure that many of us here concur with those sentiments.

Huggs
Melissa

Kelsy
01-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Thanks Jody!

For being soo positive!!:) I spent way tomany years tearing myself apart for being the way I am. I have made many mistakes in my life and have found that regrets drag you down. Life is short and I am not going to spend what I have left ( and that can be shorter than we think) being miserable. I love my femaleness and I have chosen to feel good about it!! Thanks again sweety!!:D

Kelsy

Carol A
01-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Jodi,
Your words came from your heart and I truly understand the feeling. I am 69 going on 70 in a week and have been dressing since I was 14, married for 45 years, 4 kids, dress everyday and would have it no other way. To this day the thrill is still there and when I place my wig on my head it all comes together and I am at peace with myself. I am Carol and I am me, love :hugs:

kristinacd55
01-17-2009, 11:55 AM
I want to restate in this main forum some thoughts I shared elsewhere here, beginning with severe Thanks to all who have welcomed me here, and amplify on them somewhat.

I have been dressing for quite some time and long ago decided to never again deny myself the special hard to define release and joy my femme self enables. Being a girl is hard work, often frowned upon by others, and indeed is a quirk most guys cannot explain their need for. Nonetheless, it is not to be stanched or ignored, but should be embraced fully, so you can revel in the unmitigated joy of girldom!

I do look forward to becoming an active participant in this site, sharing the joys and burdens that the lovely diversion from the norm I am so privileged to enjoy brings. Looking at life from a gals perspective does much to broaden ones overall view of people, society, the world in general, and has made me a better, and more well rounded (and not only in the rump) person.

Of course, transforming from an average looking Joe to a relatively sexy gal is a feeling no one could adequately describe to anyone who has not or could not savor the experience for themselves. Suffice to say, it is grand, a drug of sorts, or perhaps an aphrodisiac that works a special magic on ones whole persona.

The so-called ‘real world’ I inhabit the vast majority of time is made tolerable and all the better because of my ability to slip into my femme self and experience life from the unique perspective us gals learn so much from.

Life without Jodi will someday likely be a reality. The whole process of the transformation will not be easy, or be pretty as I hopefully gracefully age.

But while I can continue to enjoy this pleasant little diversion from the ever aggravating norm, I shall, putting Jodi on display for all those who choose to engage me in conversation and more. This side of me truly does ‘complete’ me, and the unfettered desires and passion it arouses, cannot be ignored, indeed, I celebrate them every time I become my ‘other’ side.

Girls, please do not ever give up on your femme self, nor deny yourself the wonders and unmitigated joy and release that being a girl brings. Although my time spent en femme is limited, it makes being Jodi all the sweeter and special, and I choose to keep it that way as I rather like the ‘other’ me too.

Yet Jodi time is critical to the whole package, and without that time, life would be far less fulfilling... and interesting. To deny yourself all the wonder, because of the strictures of society, or the rude reactions of others not as lucky or understanding as we, is truly a disservice to yourself, one that can only result in the depression that comes along with denying yourself of this essential and glorious imperative.

I hope to be around to post, encourage and aid those seeking a voice of acceptance and experience from time to time. All my best to all of you.
Very Nice/positive post Jodi! :)

KarenSusan
01-17-2009, 11:55 AM
Well stated, Jodi. I agree with everything you say but why do you say "Life without Jodi will someday likely be a reality"? I have found that as I get older I want to spend more and more time as Karen.

Celeste
01-17-2009, 12:30 PM
Nicely worded post,I liked how you described your feelings.

JODINYCTV
01-17-2009, 12:39 PM
Frankly, the ‘hassle’ of the transformation is not one I think I’ll relish when age factors in to the point that it is physically painful to do so. Heck, with my ever diminishing vision, doing my eye makeup now is already quite the chore.

And other physical aliments are likely to curtail the time I could allot for Jodi, as I am at best, a part time girl.

Also, I am a tad vain, and am not sure I will be satisfied with my girl self once she has ‘aged out’ so to speak, from being able to
present myself sufficiently well.

Having been Jodi for some decades now, I can ‘retire’ if you will, satisfied that I have amassed much quality time and many wonderful life experiences as Jodi during my life, so I believe if and when that time comes, I can put down Jodi without pain, knowing I have accomplished as my femme self hopefully most all of what I intended to.

I’ve never desired to be anything more than a part time girl, so when it is time to hang up my heels, I hope I can do so gracefully.

Thanks for asking, I had a feeling someone would, and I hope I have been sufficiently clear for you. Take good care my dear!

Kate Simmons
01-17-2009, 01:28 PM
Seeking to totally fulfill being one's self is always time well spent.:)

Prissy Linda
01-17-2009, 01:39 PM
I love the way you posted your thoughts on dressing, I agree with most of it.
As i get older I embrace my femme self even more with dignity and grace.
Just my thoughts.

Linda

Tracii G
01-17-2009, 02:06 PM
Well put I agree.Welcome too!

JoAnne Wheeler
01-19-2009, 12:40 PM
Loved your post - welcome to this site - hope you will continue to share with us and learn from us
JoAnne Wheeler

Karren H
01-19-2009, 01:02 PM
Yeah!!! Sorry to hear about your ailements... Getting old sucks... And getting old and havig issues sucks worse.. I know too! Thank god for magnifying mirrors.. Great for putting on eye liner but too good at showing me the ever increasing number of wrinlkes.. Sigh....

gennee
01-19-2009, 02:37 PM
Your story is very positive and encouraging. Some parts mirror my story. I started late but I love being femme.

I have chosen to embrace it and feel complete and liberated. I like my male side but prefer the feminine. I see life from a number of perspectives now. It has made me more understanding about what women go through.

Putting on makeup is a joy because I can create another person. I'm sixty and have few wrinkles. I have a motto 'I'm getting better with age' and I believe it. The more 'Gennee' is part of me, the more I see that this is who I am.

Gennee

p.s.- welcome to the forum

:hugs::hugs:

Kathleen Grace
01-19-2009, 04:15 PM
Welcome Jodi,

I enjoyed your post very much.

On the physical issues, I’m only 45 but have cerebral palsy. Needless to say, I can’t really imitate the female walk because my legs tend to spread out because of the stiffness the CP causes. Nevertheless, I’ve never been treated as anything but a woman the few times I’ve been out in fem. Probably because I’ve worn dresses that cover the problem, or because of the sympathy and kindness of others. Most likely it was because of my overall feminine attitude, that made the difference. After all, there are disabled GG’s who don’t “walk the walk’ and it doesn’t make them any less feminine.

I guess what I’m trying to say is that if your attitude is womanly, your appearance is not as important, so don’t worry too much about as you get older. Of course, there’s nothing wrong with trying to look our best either. ;)

:hugs:

Kathleen

Kerrie Sifton
01-19-2009, 04:20 PM
Great post Jodi, thanks for expressing yourself.
Good ideas and concepts. Being ourselves in feminine mode is always a pleasant moment. Being ourselves.. is a great idea.

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-19-2009, 04:34 PM
Jody, what a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing that. :)

To echo your sentiment, and as have others have said, getting old really stinks. I do as much as I can to age gracefully (which includes a lot of exercising, vitamins, controlled diet, and then some), but there are still problems to deal with getting older. I imagine the number of pills I have to take forever will only increase as my age gets up there.

I waited so long to meet my "femme self" - far too long. I dressed in secret over the years, but was not able to go 100% until just last year with the help of my wife. At least I've made this far, even if pretty late in life (to me at least).

I don't plan on giving up Gabrielle any time soon. She brings me happiness that I cannot experience without her being a part of me - something I'm sure we all feel about our feminine-side.

I completely understand your sense of vanity and not wanting to see Jody get too old in the mirror. I feel the same. I'm already contemplating surgery (face lift) - it will help guy-me not look too old either. ;) The cost is another issue though, not to mention my wife wants the same for her. lol

I love your positive message. :)

SusanMarie
01-20-2009, 08:20 PM
OK Jodi...
I have a question...Just how did you get inside my head, sort thru my jumbled thoughts and organize them so eloquently. Well done! Well done!

Debutante
01-20-2009, 08:22 PM
Yay, Jodinnyc!!!!
:)

Jenniferpl
01-20-2009, 08:44 PM
you go girl. You said some nice things.

Patty
01-20-2009, 09:08 PM
Like your post-all the feelings
The body changes as we get older and I try to accept that and make the most of each day.

Tess
01-20-2009, 09:23 PM
Aging is not for wimps. So far I haven't given up on dressing, nor do I expect to in the future (however short that may be). We girls just need to keep on keeping on...and enjoying the magic.

Elizabeth2-
01-20-2009, 09:53 PM
You have read and touched my heart. I am going to stay the fully intergrated me until they close the box.

Thank you for saying what I am unable to say so I can rejoice in my feminity with you.

Elizabeth

TGMarla
01-20-2009, 11:02 PM
Jody, that is a very thoughtful and hopeful post. Welcome to our little corner of the world, and I'm very glad to have you here. I think we can all relate to the special joys you describe. I, for one, can identify with the exhiliration you mentioned, as I, too, feel the same way when we have the privilege to make this wonderful transformation. There's nothing quite like experiencing this world from a feminine perspective.

SamanthaT
01-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Yes, very well expressed, Jodi. I'm not sure, though, you will find it easy to just put Jodi back in the closet when age catches up with you, which we all hope will be many years into the future, of course! It's not just about looking in the mirror, you know, even if we are all rather prone to doing that. The rewards can still be felt even if the real image doesn't match the desired image. It's not just about the image.

vikki2020
01-20-2009, 11:51 PM
Jody, that is really an outstanding post. But don't hang up them heels---just think Lena Horn!

JODINYCTV
01-22-2009, 10:13 PM
OK Jodi...
I have a question...Just how did you get inside my head, sort thru my jumbled thoughts and organize them so eloquently. Well done! Well done!

I’m rather glad that my words efficiently summed up feelings and thoughts you had but were perhaps unable to express properly.

The ineffable joy of ‘girldom’ has been a transforming experience to me in many ways! Slipping into my softer, more sensual self is something I look forward to, and attack with at times a reckless abandon, motivated by the sheer joy it brings.

I am truly privileged to be able to pull off, with minimal fear and doubt, this other side of myself.

I have amassed a unique perspective on life as a girl that none of my male friends are ever likely to know, and I feel blessed, so to speak, to have this essential component to my personality, that allows me to release myself from the bondage of my usual reality, into the bright shining sunshine of the alternative reality that is Jodi.

This unique component of ourselves should be nurtured, encourage and celebrated as often as we can. I do not deny myself ‘Jodi Time’, and I encourage y’all to never give in to the pressures of those who would define us as somehow abnormal or sick.

Never allow such blasphemy to make you reconsider doing what allows you to unfurl your femme self upon a skeptical world, and relish that part of yourself that is so integral to the whole.