PDA

View Full Version : I'm Stuck

Leanne2
01-18-2009, 05:25 PM
As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am lucky enough to be able to use my own thick wavy hair instead of a wig. I get a wedge cut once a month at an out of town salon. The wedge works pretty good for me because I can "butch" it up when in guy mode when I have to.
I got my last cut the middle of December before our Christmas company came. Then a son moved back home the first week of January because he's laid off from his job. He doesn't know about my "hobby". So he is around the house a lot. And now we are having a remodeling project done so there are carpenters here a lot.
I need a cut but can't get out of the house dressed for the salon. Now my hair is long enough to roller set. I do that early in the mornings when my wife and son are sleeping. I love a set but my hair looks fem all the time now. What is a girl to do? I won't go to my salon in drab; just won't do it. I hope my son goes back to work soon. Real hair is nice but I can't take it off and put it on the Styrofoam head in the closet. Leanne

Sandra Dunn
01-18-2009, 05:41 PM
I wish I still had enough hair in front to let it grow out agian. I just tied it back into a pony tail and went on. Many thought it was the second childhood,LOL.

This would be a good time to talk about the third gender issue and see what he thinks about it. I started talking to my son about the third gender issues and gay issues last time he was here. My SO and daughter felt it was best to ease him into the thoughts of the third gender issues and then talk to him about it at a later time.

If my son did live with us or near us I would tell him soon.

HUGS Sandra , enjoy your hair

Nicole Erin
01-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Well if he lives with you, then really what does it matter what he thinks?

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-18-2009, 07:11 PM
If it's long enough, pull it back in a tail. Just remember, guy-tail looks more guy-like placed low, near the hair line on the back of the neck.

If it's not long enough to pull back in to a tail, I guess you'll have to get creative. Good luck. :)

Leanne2
01-18-2009, 08:41 PM
I have agreed to my wife's request to not tell our children, even when they are adults. And my hair is so thick that it would have to be much longer to go into a pony tail. So I am trying to be invisible until I can get it cut.

Karren H
01-18-2009, 11:27 PM
With the economy the way it is you better be prepared to have your son around for a while... Ours just moved home too... sigh....

JoAnne Wheeler
01-19-2009, 12:38 PM
STUCK - just enjoy - I only wish that I still had enough hair to do what you are doing
JoAnne Wheeler

lauraabdl
01-19-2009, 01:29 PM
I have as of late let mine grow to shoulder lenghth. I have not had any comments one way or the other so I guess I will keep what I have grown so far.
Laura:2c:

Sophie_C
01-19-2009, 02:57 PM
As I have mentioned in previous posts, I am lucky enough to be able to use my own thick wavy hair instead of a wig. I get a wedge cut once a month at an out of town salon. The wedge works pretty good for me because I can "butch" it up when in guy mode when I have to.
I got my last cut the middle of December before our Christmas company came. Then a son moved back home the first week of January because he's laid off from his job. He doesn't know about my "hobby". So he is around the house a lot. And now we are having a remodeling project done so there are carpenters here a lot.
I need a cut but can't get out of the house dressed for the salon. Now my hair is long enough to roller set. I do that early in the mornings when my wife and son are sleeping. I love a set but my hair looks fem all the time now. What is a girl to do? I won't go to my salon in drab; just won't do it. I hope my son goes back to work soon. Real hair is nice but I can't take it off and put it on the Styrofoam head in the closet. Leanne

The kid's grown up. Why are you still hiding it? Being in drag isn't THAT dramatic that he can't take it.

Leanne2
01-19-2009, 03:58 PM
Dear Sophie,
Yes, I agree. He should be told. But being married is a series of compromises. And the agreement that my wife insisted on was that the children wouldn't be told. Now if I was single then it would only be my decision. But I do want to stay married so I won't tell them. But thanks for your reply. Leanne

FoxyFriend
01-19-2009, 04:22 PM
Maybe you can suggest that he goes out and volunteers at something to keep his job skills up. That could give you a day or two a week to be alone, and it would keep him active in the community. I always found that it was easier to get work when I was already doing something.

Not sure how you would handle the constructrion workers but then life is full of challenges....

Good luck.

Leanne2
01-20-2009, 04:15 PM
Now I'm unstuck. I had a doctor's appointment today in a town an hours drive from where I live. This morning I showered and then set my hair on brush rollers. After reading a magazine while under the dryer, I brushed it out and touched up my hairdo with my curling brush. A little hairspray and I was on the road before the carpenter came.
After seeing the doctor I had some free time on my hands because my wife was at work. I decided to get a cut and style in a salon even though I was in drab. I just leveled with the young female hairdresser. I told her that I was a transgender person that needed a cut and style. She was more than happy to do my hair. I told her that I wanted a shorter version of my grown out wedge. I answered her questions about my transgender situation as she made me pretty. Maybe the next special person will have an easier time because of our talk.
By next month the carpenter will be gone and maybe my son will have a job. Then I can wear my pretty clothes to my normal salon. Leanne

DonnaT
01-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Good to hear you managed to get it cut in the style you wanted.

You might think about finding a unisex/family bathroom where you can stop and change the next time if you need to.

sandcastle
02-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Leanne,

I'm looking for ideas for my hair. What's a wedge look like? Do you you have any pics of it? (I remember having a wedge once as a teenager, but I've got no wedge pictures myself.

Thanks,
Sandra.

Michelia
02-11-2009, 12:15 AM
If he will be aroung the house he might find out by accident. So just tell him.