PDA

View Full Version : Placement of your breastforms

Tamera
01-18-2009, 05:41 PM
Ok,
Maybe its been addressed and I missed it but,
Unless you have had a breast augmentation or have the real thing. How do you know if your breastforms are to high, to low, out to far, or in to far. Now I have some girls that have their boobs so high it could give them a double chin. I have seen GG's with their boobs up to their chin as well, almost as if to say "Try and look me in the eye".

Also what about shoulder strap adjustment. I have seen so raised up that the back strap almost has a U-shape to it.

And what about nipple placement for those that have detachable nipples. Do you face them directly forward or is there a slight adjustment to the side?

Food for thought;
Hugs,
Tamera

Kelly DeWinter
01-18-2009, 06:11 PM
You know, I never really gave this question any serious consideration ! Mayby I should.

suchacutie
01-18-2009, 06:16 PM
My wife is 5'8", I'm 5'11". She and I stood toe to toe and ... well... I adusted the bra strap until my nipples were just a inch or so higher than hers. This helps me account for age and the rest. The bra I was wearing had pouches for the girls, so the width was fixed, and matched my wife's perfectly. Oh, my wife is on the road and I'm home working. She just called and I answered in my male voice....she asked to speak to Tina...my word do I ever love her!!!

But, that's how I set height and width of my girls. I keep the back of my bra straight across.

Hope this helps.

Tina

wendiwoman
01-18-2009, 06:52 PM
I attach my breastforms with adhesive. I line up the nipples of the forms with my own nipples. I figured that if I ever grow my own, that is what they would look like.

My bras straps are adjusted for comfort. The forms would stay on even without a bra, but wearing one takes the weight off of my chest, just like it does for a GG.

Wendi

Lorileah
01-18-2009, 06:57 PM
My wife is 5'8", I'm 5'11". She and I stood toe to toe and ... well... I adusted the bra strap until my nipples were just a inch or so higher than hers. This helps me account for age and the rest. The bra I was wearing had pouches for the girls, so the width was fixed, and matched my wife's perfectly. Oh, my wife is on the road and I'm home working. She just called and I answered in my male voice....she asked to speak to Tina...my word do I ever love her!!!

But, that's how I set height and width of my girls. I keep the back of my bra straight across.

Hope this helps.

Tina
was Tina available or was she out shopping?

Lora Olivia
01-18-2009, 07:39 PM
I try to place my forms at a height about 1/2 to 2/3 the distance from shoulder to elbow. These forms just have a small nipple area that is formed in and I place them so they are over my natural nipple and in a bra that is just slightly pointing outward and slightly upward. Straps are adjusted just so they don't fall down

Kathi Lake
01-18-2009, 08:54 PM
When I was fitted for my breast forms a few months ago, the girls there gave me a couple of tips. I told them that I wanted to be sure that they looked right - position-wise. They both took a few steps back and looked critically. One said to me, "your boobies look perfect!". The other one was a bit more helpful and told me that when you were wearing your bra, the bottom of it should hit your xyphoid process (the little bump at the bottom of your breastbone). As for side to side, I have the non-adhesive variety and a great collection of mastectomy bras with the little pockets, so they're always in the right place.

Kathi

Samantha43
01-18-2009, 09:01 PM
I just adjust them until they look right in the mirror.

docrobbysherry
01-18-2009, 09:02 PM
I point the nipples pointing down. If I wear a bra, it brings the nipples up anyway. :)
Having your nipples pointing at the ceiling, doesn't look good to me!:brolleyes:

tamarav
01-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I have a terrible time trying to figure out what top to wear to work, so I just pick one and go with it. If the top shows too much of the top of the forms I adjust them either up or down and swing the tops of the asymetrical forms outward a bit so that they are not seen. When I wear a tube top, I have often turned the same breast forms upside down so that the bulk of the fullness is at the top to help hold the tube top in place.

My forms are always glued on, I don't wear a bra.

Depending on the top, I will swap breast forms until I have the best placement and "swell" without looking too overdone.Typically, by placing the molded nipples directly over my own nipples, I come up with the best placement for me.

jessica19cd
01-18-2009, 09:08 PM
I usually just place the nipple of the breastform so that it lines up with my own nipple. That usually works. I have the bra adjusted so that it gives enough support but doesn't lift them too high.

Tamera
01-18-2009, 09:12 PM
Ok,
So for those that have nipples pointing down, won't that give the effect of "Saggy Breast". I'm sure we would want the "Firm" Pointy look....

And I think that the actual nipple for some points a little to the outside while others point straight forward.

Another question regarding this issue;

If you can wear either a 34D or a 32D. Will the 32D bring the forms closer together because the cups would be closer?

See I wear a 34D but its on the middle clasp in the back. So I probably could also wear a 32D.
Hugs,
Tamera

renee k
01-18-2009, 09:13 PM
i usually just place the nipple of the breastform so that it lines up with my own nipple. That usually works. I have the bra adjusted so that it gives enough support but doesn't lift them too high.

me too!!!

Karren H
01-18-2009, 11:09 PM
I just place it where it comfortable and looks good under the clothes I wear.... I have no clue where it lies vs my nipples... mainly because when I go to look... I have to move the forms... lol

suchacutie
01-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Sadly, Lorileah, Tina was keeping the laptop hot and working away! It was a nice break to talk on the phone, but then back to work!!!

tina

KarenS
01-19-2009, 12:47 AM
was Tina available or was she out shopping?

Careful not to make me laugh too loud please. I'm still in the closet :o and my wife is in the room. :battingeyelashes:

marny
01-19-2009, 02:57 AM
I don't think there is any great science to it. as others have said, just manipulate them until it looks right. how hard is that!? :hugs:

JoAnne Wheeler
01-19-2009, 12:34 PM
TRIAL and ERROR in front of a mirror works good
JoAnne Wheeler

Heather_Marie
01-19-2009, 01:02 PM
I go with what looks good at the time I dress up, I look in the mirror and a just if needed. However if thoughts were real I would have the real thing and not have to worry about using fake ones I would have the real things.

Tamera
01-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Ok,
Aside from moving them around and such. Does anyone know what the "actual" position of the breast and nipples really are? Or close to it? GG's you are welcome to comment.

Also since I have brought this subject up. What if your bra "rides" up on you? Proper positioning of the forms may or may not prevent this.

I like the answer where the bra has pockets for the forms. I know thats "cheating" because many of us wear ones that don't, but hey it works.

And what about finding a bra where the seperation between the "sisters" is smaller, making them come in more and easier to create cleavage.
Hugs,
Tamera

RobynP
01-20-2009, 01:33 AM
If you can wear either a 34D or a 32D. Will the 32D bring the forms closer together because the cups would be closer?

See I wear a 34D but its on the middle clasp in the back. So I probably could also wear a 32D.
Hugs,
Tamera

It is not so much that the cups are closer but they are a different size... If you wear a 34D and want to go to a size 32, you need to wear a 32DD to keep the same size boobies.. If you wear a 32D and want to go to a size 34, you would need to wear a 34C. If you go from a 34D to a 32D, you would need to use smaller breast forms.

Robyn P.

Emma England
01-20-2009, 09:30 AM
Not really thought about it.

I always look in the mirror and adjust if necessary.

As far as lining up with your own nipples, I would say this is wrong.

On a gg, the weight of her breast will hang. So the nipples on a woman should be lower than a mans?

Tamera
01-20-2009, 10:39 AM
Emma,
You are right about lining up the nipples. For a mans physical appearance and a womans regarding the nipple area are different.

And about the 32DD, I never thought one would have to change the cup size. I thought it would just stay the same.

Regarding the nipple area. It does seem as a GG gets older some of them seem to turn "SOUTH". But we always want those "FIRM" "PERKY" Breasts and Nipples.

I like wearing the Full Coverage Bras myself. I find it a little tacky to show any part of the form itself.
Hugs,
Tamera

beenherelongtime
01-20-2009, 10:53 AM
i always wore a bra that the forms would fit into, then i just put the forms inside and let it go at that.

AmandaM
01-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Use a properly fitted bra, but even if not, about halfway down your arm is about right. If you're not sure, put them on and turn on the TV to see what women are doing.

Hali
01-20-2009, 11:37 AM
I know my answer is irrelevant cos i might not remember where i read about how ones breast should be. I assure u i read it some where, was it on this forum i cant remember, but i think most of the advice i can remember was that the breast should look like the breast of a GG age mate of a CD, yes if u r a 40yrs old CD ur breast should resemble a 40yrs old GG breast and also the position of the breast as per the distance between the breasts should be based on whether u have a wide chest or not cos big-wide-apart breasts will present u as having a wide masculine chest etc.........like i said i cant remember much am sorry.

Nicki B
01-20-2009, 01:17 PM
I have seen GG's with their boobs up to their chin as well, almost as if to say "Try and look me in the eye".

The older you get, with your own chest, the further they head south - so many women try to haul them up, to avoid looking older than they feel? :strugglin

CharleneT
01-20-2009, 01:42 PM
I agree with those who have said, just put in the place that looks right on you... every woman is a little different than the next - so few "rules" about the where. One thing to consider though, I teach drawing from the figure and I find most men draw a woman (standing right in front of them nude) with the breast pointing strait forward. That is true of some women, but in most, they point to the sides. Imagine a 90 angle, starting behind a woman, with the "legs" of the angle going right thru the nipples and you'll have it about right (meaning "average"). So, the nipples point outward, at roughly a 45 degree angle. I have seen hundreds of nude women over the years and most fit this pattern (loosely, there is a LOT of variation). This is because the rib cage is oval, and the breasts are not in the very front. Hence, you'll find the best placement is likely to be more to the side than you would at first put on the forms (because a lot of the forms have the nipples pointing forward....)

I attached a couple of screen shots from a drawing book to show what I mean.

Charlene

misswannabe
01-20-2009, 02:50 PM
I learned through experience and I didn't get it right the first time either. And that was before I had BFs, too. Too high or too low? The nipples (when I finally had my BFs) too much in the center? I then started researching by looking at pictures of women wearing bras (or without their bras) or fully clothed. Yes, we want the BFs to be as natural as we want them to be.

For me who prefers large BFs, it was a headache 'cuz they're big and heavy. But it wasn't long 'til I got the hang of it and worth it in the end.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=1131&pictureid=9371

Tamera
01-20-2009, 03:02 PM
Charlene,
Thanx for the drawings. I beleive that will clear up a lot of the conversation. I did suspect that the nipples were a little to the outside for when a mother craddles her infant to breastfeed, its off to the side.

As for the height adjustment 1/2 way between the shoulder and elbow. Somewhere in the bicep area it seems to be about right.

what a conversational piece this was.
Hugs,
Tamera

pinkeverything
01-20-2009, 04:12 PM
I've had a chance the last couple of days to wear mine a lot. I absolutely love them. Hands down my favorite turn on at the moment.

Tomara
01-20-2009, 04:29 PM
I have found that by purchasing the correct bra for my chest size and matching the cup size to the desired form size everything ends up looking and feeling great !
One exception was yesterday I wore a sports bra and medium size forms , while shoveling snow and chopping some ice the girls were moving all over the place in that sports bra ! lol I guess that is where attaching them would be much better .

:heehee: Tomara

Tamera
01-20-2009, 04:33 PM
Tomara,
Try some double sided tape to keep them in place. For larger Forms this won't work as well because of the weight. There is also some adhesive spray you can get.

As for breast themselves. They are a complete turn-on. I got mine from the breastform store.
Hugs,
Tamera

Sam-antha
01-20-2009, 05:47 PM
Cross your arms, if the forms rest on the upper arm, then they, (your boobs) are too far south.
Heft em up a bit higher than that. Then let the mirror and your comfort decide.
~S~

Nicki B
01-20-2009, 05:55 PM
For me who prefers large BFs, it was a headache 'cuz they're big and heavy.

That sounds like you're wearing them waaay too high, to me? :doh:

Lindahexi
01-20-2009, 06:59 PM
I line the nipples on the forms with my own nipples and they look and feel fine. The best way to line them up is thumb on inside of form resting against real nipple and index finger on form nipple; then adjust to position. Mine have a special coating that grips against the skin but isn't sticky they never seem to move out of position.

Sam-antha
01-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Cross your arms, if the forms rest on the upper arm, then they, (your boobs) are too far south.~S~

That sounds like you're wearing them waaay too high, to me? :doh:

When I said "resting" I meant "sort of near to", not actualy "weighing down upon" if you are with me.
~Samm

Wendy me
01-20-2009, 07:39 PM
i am glade i don't have to worry about that............

Tamera
01-20-2009, 07:41 PM
Sam,
Sometimes you have to "spell" things out. I know I have said a few things that were taken a lil to the left. Anyways I'm glad you did cause God knows I was crossing my arms when you posted.:o
Hugs,
Tamera

pinkeverything
01-21-2009, 10:51 AM
I wish I had them on right now. I know that this thread concerns the placement of breast forms, but, breast forms are pretty much all I have on my mind right now, and the placement of them doesn't really enter the picture. It's like I have discovered gold.

Nicki B
01-21-2009, 04:56 PM
When I said "resting" I meant "sort of near to", not actualy "weighing down upon" if you are with me.
~Samm

When I posted my comment, I had in mind a pic I have of a t-girl from Brizzle (also a Samantha, but without the hyphen). I'm not gonna post it 'cos she's not a member here - but it was taken in a Bristol night club and shows her wearing them on her head, backwards, like pink Mickey Mouse ears.. :heehee:

It takes all sorts - particularly when pissed.. :rofl:

Krystyna_Marie
02-12-2009, 11:52 PM
I find that a 40B fits my natural chest flesh just about right. I ordered one of those elastic bra enhancer deals that's supposed to squeeze my fleshiness around, and push the ladies together in front - haven't nerved up to the BFs yet . . .

Kisses! KM

KarenS
02-13-2009, 04:48 AM
My technique... First, nearly all of the bras I use have underwires. The underwires help me find where I think they ought to be. I have become sensitive to making sure my bras are properly fitting - (speaking in terms of the band size matching my chest measurement). Nearly any web site that sells women's bras will have instructions to determine the correct bra size. With a correctly sized band on the bra, I figure the breast should fit centered in the cup of the bra. With an underwire bra it is pretty easy to center the breast in the cup. As far as higher or lower, I try to center the nipple slightly below my own - only a small amount - about a half inch or so. The final determination is the mirror look.

I've got some new 42C's on the way and am excited with the prospect of a more natural appearance, bounce, and giggle.

carolinewalker_2000
02-13-2009, 05:26 AM
Wow; there are a series of questions to make you think! I guess there is no real answer. GG's are all built differently one from the other and the placement of their breasts on the torso will also vary one to another.

We tgirls are lucky; we can put our boobs where we like!! I guess it is for you to decide where you think your forms show you off to best advantage and where you feel comfortable. Have fun experimenting!!