PDA

View Full Version : Learned something from a young cashier

insearchofme
01-18-2009, 06:00 PM
Yesterday was a long 12 hour day at work. I know on a Saturday too, good thing I love my job. I went to my apartment got into my bra and and girl jeans and intended to cook dinner. I looked in the fridge and decided I need to go out for dinner.

I put on a sweater confident that no one would realize I was wearing a bra. My jeans would not give me away either. After dinner I went to the cashier to pay the bill. We chatted and I noticed that her nails were painted white and had a wide curved black strip running down them. Each stripe looked perfect. I said how neat her nails looked and she really brightened up. She said she was going to do the nail black and put in a white strip but she'd never done white before and did it that way. I told her that they even matched the pattern in her top. She kind of looked at her top and said "Ya they do" and giggled. Kids!

I asked her if she did them herself, they being so perfect I figured she'd tell me someone else painted them for her. Bur she told me that she'd done them herself. I asked how did she get them so perfect and she said she'd doing them like that for years and when she did the nails on her right fingers she'd hold the applicator still in her left hand and move her right finger creating the stripe.

I told her that I'd remember that and if I ever started painting my nails I do just that. She laughed and wished me a "wonderful night" as I left the restaurant.

It was a very cool moment.

Kelly DeWinter
01-18-2009, 06:02 PM
Most waitstaff have seen heard evaerything by now, Glad you had a good night :)

Tamera
01-18-2009, 06:03 PM
Yep,
Many times I go out with nails on or girl jeans and strike up convesations with people. I am so OUT now that when people ask I just tell them I am Transgendered.
Hugs,
Tamera

Gena_2
01-18-2009, 06:15 PM
Girl jeans, LOVE them - womens 501s fit me great!!! That's all I'll wear
(31x30), blue, white and khaki.

Tamera
01-18-2009, 06:17 PM
Gena,
Try Dorinha Jeans. They have a website. I have a pair and love them.
Hugs,
Tamera

Gena_2
01-18-2009, 06:29 PM
Tamera

Thank you, this place is WONDERFUL!!!

Gena

insearchofme
01-18-2009, 08:46 PM
Tamera

I am in Northwest Ohio also. I'm new here and I really like it. Is there any place for us girls to get together? My work will beslowing down in a month or so and I need some place to kick up my heels.

Tracii G
01-18-2009, 08:57 PM
The youg girls are very cool and receptive when you bestow a nice comliment.
I was out to night dressed pretty much like you decribed forms, bra and all.
The girl at the restaurant gave me a complimet on my nails.Now thats what I call cool.
Interaction with folks in a friendly manner leaves them with a positive mental picture of their encounter with a CD/TG person.
Way to go!

JoAnne Wheeler
01-20-2009, 09:06 AM
Did she notice your bra ? Did you pass ok ?

JoAnne Wheeler