PDA

View Full Version : How Long is To Long?

Intertwined
01-18-2009, 07:24 PM
My question is two parts:
1: How often do you dress?
2: How does it affect you when you go longer than this?

1: I would like to dress 2 or 3 times a week, though, recently, I am lucky if I dress more than once a week.
2: I start getting depressed, short tempered, then insomnia starts setting in.

Sedona
01-18-2009, 07:30 PM
1: I go with a women's thong five or six days/week. Anything more?: about one day-long session every two months, on average. My pattern over the past several years has been to go four months, take a few days off from work, then go 24/7 for a bit.

2. I don't really get cranky, but find I start to think about dressing all the time, if I go too long (more than six months or so), in between full dressing sessions.

I'm probably atypical though, in that I don't feel daily/weekly urges to fully dress.

Tasha McIntyre
01-18-2009, 07:34 PM

Every week or so with just the clothing. About once a month or so I have the time to do my make up and get really girly (well, in my mind anyway:battingeyelashes:). That generally means having a whole day, or at least several hours to myself.

Hard to say really, but I think I start getting a little more stressed about crappy little things than I normally wouldn't give a toss about. Also, if I go shopping for whatever reason, the desire gets stronger to venture in the domain of the fairer sex and look longingly at the racks or great clothing.

This is a great question Intertwined, I look forward to reading other responses.

Nancy Richards
01-18-2009, 07:37 PM
As far as often, one to three days a week. One of which is all day.
How does long periods affect me -- I get iratated and hard to get along with that others do not understand.

Sara Jessica
01-18-2009, 07:40 PM
For me, it's not so much about dressing as it is being.

I can be content wearing the most simple of feminine things all the time (like girl jeans & a cami top), if my situation would allow this. Not being able to, I fall back on whatever quiet time I am able to have. It can be daily quiet time but I also value the times I am able to do the full presentation (hair & makeup too).

So, to get back to your question, although I can get some daily time, it's the stretches between when I can get what I call quality girl time that I get cranky if it goes too long.

And a side comment, you seem like you're so "out", or so that's what I've gathered in reading your posts before. I'm surprised you get so little time.

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-18-2009, 07:56 PM
I dress (clothes-only) about once a week, and usually only for a couple of hours. Sometimes I can get away with a whole day of dressing up if I don't have to attend to other responsibilities.

Sometimes I have to go more than a week without dressing up and it starts to wear on me. I'm sure many of you know how frustrating it can be when you can't be you for long periods of time

I can only dress up in full makeup when all the planets are in perfect alignment and that really hurts. (forgive my not spelling out many factors) After being in full makeup and having to remove it and go back to my old face is hard. I honestly begin to miss Gabrielle and get depressed as I don't really feel like her unless in full makeup. After a full makeup session, clothes-only doesn't quite feel the same, but it's what I have to settle for.

I'm getting a little depressed right now as my next potential opportunity is pretty far off and even a potential opportunity is not a guarantee. :(

geri-tg.
01-18-2009, 08:10 PM
I dress daily. I always wear make up and underdress in some way. I wear womens jeans and tops. I wear as much womens clothing as I can get away with and still work in a male mode. I am amazed with what I get away with.
I feel so blessed. LOL Geri:daydreaming:

Jenniferpl
01-18-2009, 08:17 PM
Depends on what you define as dress. I have worn panties 24/7 for over 12 years. Bras off and on for the last 10 years. Makeup only recently have really ventured in to that. Since the agreement with my wife is not to go out in public, I have very little in outwear. Sine I wear something feminie to bed 5 out 7 nights and wear panties 24/7, I would say I dress in some form daily.

Probably bored more than anything. I find mens underwear boring to wear.

Janet Bern
01-18-2009, 08:46 PM
I guess I dress about once a month and go out shopping etc about once every two or three months. I have a feeling that after all these years it may have something to do with a full moon
hmmm
Janet

Samantha43
01-18-2009, 08:51 PM
I dress all the way once a week on average in the winter. Less often in the summer.

It doesn't really effect my mood in any way. When I go for weeks without dressing, it's because I'm really busy and I don't give it much thought.

docrobbysherry
01-18-2009, 08:52 PM
For me, that means 1 to 2 hours of PREP TIME!:doh:

I only seem to have the time and energy for once a week. Except for special occasions!:D Like this week! Tomorrow, will make it 3 times this week!:eek:

You'll ALL see why, pretty soon! (Hint: see the avatar!):heehee:

Prissy Linda
01-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Dressing to me has to involve makeup, even if it's a light foundation, eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. I dress at least 3 or 4 times a week and sometimes the entire weekend even if it is only womans jeans and a top. If i can't dress i get a bit cranky, i don't concentrate on my work as well either. If nothing else I will put on some lipstick while my wife and I watch TV.

Intertwined
01-18-2009, 10:29 PM
And a side comment, you seem like you're so "out", or so that's what I've gathered in reading your posts before. I'm surprised you get so little time.

I was wondering who was going to ask first, you win !

My wife and daughter know, but my wife does not like to see Dobby, so I can only dress at home when she is gone, and unless I change in the back of my truck, can't dress out when she is home.

My work knows, but since one of my co-workers complained, they asked very nicely, that I do not wear skirts to work anymore, because Policy allows me to wear what I want with in reason, (i will paste that policy at end of this post).

So sometimes, like right now (been one week) I can go a week or more, and not find the time to dress. Wife has appointment tomorrow, and I have day off from work, tomorrow is looking REAL Good !

Our Employers Policy:
Prohibits unlawful discrimination against and/or harassment of employees or job applicants on the basis of their sex, actual or perceived gender or perceived sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or veteran status, at any site and/or activity.

curse within
01-18-2009, 10:34 PM
My question is two parts:

1: I would like to dress 2 or 3 times a week, though, recently, I am lucky if I dress more than once a week.
2: I start getting depressed, short tempered, then insomnia starts setting in.

Intertwined,

I can help you there, the more you feed her the more she wants ..You have to ask yourself is it worth the isolation? Is it worth the selfish indulging? The time the effort? I ask you how far can you hold off? Yes you must give in and she will win but do you step up a level?? How far do you want to take it? what is your level?

What ever keeps you sane .....What ever makes you healthy...For me this place helps...Why ? ......Because I get a glimps of what I can turn into if I feed her, what I can become..It's up to you and your everyday life needs ,do you want to progress? yes keep feeding her ... Do you want to level it out ? No Control it..

Tamera
01-18-2009, 10:41 PM
At first Tamera got to be Tamera once a month when my support group got together or shopping once in awhile. but now since I am a server at Big Boy 30+ hrs a week, plus my support group, plus putting in applications for a 2cd job, plus going to the mall or to the zoo etc. Tamera gets to get out more. Even at home or when my male side goes out she wears her underwear or girl jeans. I have a necklace with a T charm on it that I cannot part with. I tried to get another necklace but this one has so much meaning that I cannot part with it.

When I first got my name Tamera I had a hard time picking a last name. But when I wanted it to begin with a G I asked a couple of girls in my Support Group to help me. They helped me come up with Golden. So now my name is;
Tamera Golden, which stands for TG which has a lot of what to do with who I am. With a little help I picked out Ann for my middle name.

So between my name and my necklace. Both are dearest and close to my heart of who I am. So how much is to much? For some, one can never get enough.
Hugs,
Tamera

Karren H
01-18-2009, 10:46 PM
For a while I was dressing every week or so... but I haven't fully dressed in going on 2 months... and frankly it isn't bothering me one bit... Used to be I would get all wacked out about it but now... hey... it's just the way it is... I dress when I get the chance and if I don't the so what...

rochelle smith
01-18-2009, 10:50 PM
I underdress everyday 24/7 sleep every night in forms,bra & nightgown. Any time that i am in the house (when wife & I are alone) I dress but usually w/o make-up because I don't have time before bedtime ( usuallyabout 4 or 5 hours at the most.

rochelle

Jo-Michelle
01-18-2009, 11:05 PM
I wear panties 24/7. hose everyweekend and sometimes during the week. I sleep in some type of nightgown every night.
Full dress maybe only a couple times a month, if that. Depending on how busy i am depends on how much I miss it

sissystephanie
01-18-2009, 11:12 PM
As I have stated before, I don't wear makeup or use a wig since my wife died. However, I do wear panties every day and wear a skirt and feminine top around the house almost every day. Also, as has also been previously told, I frequently go out in public wearing female clothing! Again, without the wig or makeup! No problemo!!:)

Oh, and I don't go long periods without dressing. I live alone, so I can pretty much do as I want!

ginag
01-18-2009, 11:12 PM
I wear pantyhose at least once a week. Sometimes under my clothes at work. I get all dolled up and go out once a month. I don't like it when I'm unable to get my "gina" time in and my wife is understanding of this.

PretzelGirl
01-18-2009, 11:22 PM
I always get little bits and I think that keeps me from having any
"separation anxiety" with my second self. Some of it is dressing to sleep and some is just throwing on some casual clothing while I am around the house and I don't have time to really go all the way.

But about every 3-4 weeks I get a shot at doing it all (nice clothing, make-up, etc), the rest I fill in with the quick change clothing. My hair is already long, so I will just play with how I pull it back or put it up.

RobynB
01-19-2009, 07:55 AM
I dress three or four times a week minus hair and makeup. I fully dress for Tri Ess meetings or if I feel like taking photos.

If I do not get a chance to dress, then I do get cranky.

sometimes_miss
01-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Right now I dress to some degree daily, unless I come home from work so exhausted that I just collapse on the couch and fall asleep like that. Otherwise, I at least sleep in girl stuff. On days off if I don't plan on going out, I dress completely. Feels good.

jenniferj
01-19-2009, 08:52 AM
When circumstances permit, I will dress for 3-4 days at a time during the week, and occasionally a weekend day. It has really become an all-or-nothing thing for me; if I can't dress all of the way (panties to hair spray), I just don't bother - it just doesn't feel right.

It has been four months since I was last able to dress (family staying with us), but I have a pretty clear sail away for most of this week. It feels wonderful to be back!:battingeyelashes:

woohoo!

-jj

Kelli Michelle
01-19-2009, 08:55 AM
I wear panties nearly everyday. I fully dress sometimes once a week, usually once every 2 weeks, and it is not enough, and hasn't been for a couple of years. I am not allowed to wear anything feminine around the house that shows and that includes in bed. This is really hard as i know I am heading, slowly but surely to past the cding thing and closer to the tg thing. It's not just the wearing of clothes per se, either. it's more about the whole idea of being a woman that I am missing.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-19-2009, 12:27 PM
It all depends on a lot of things including TIME, OPPORTUNITY, DESIRE, having to do OTHER THINGS, etc.
JoAnne Wheeler

Heather_Marie
01-19-2009, 01:12 PM
I dress (clothes-only) about once a week, and usually only for a couple of hours. Sometimes I can get away with a whole day of dressing up if I don't have to attend to other responsibilities.

Sometimes I have to go more than a week without dressing up and it starts to wear on me. I'm sure many of you know how frustrating it can be when you can't be you for long periods of time

I can only dress up in full makeup when all the planets are in perfect alignment and that really hurts. (forgive my not spelling out many factors) After being in full makeup and having to remove it and go back to my old face is hard. I honestly begin to miss Gabrielle and get depressed as I don't really feel like her unless in full makeup. After a full makeup session, clothes-only doesn't quite feel the same, but it's what I have to settle for.

I'm getting a little depressed right now as my next potential opportunity is pretty far off and even a potential opportunity is not a guarantee. :(

I'm am just like you Gabrielle Hermosa as a parent it is very hard for me to get dress up I can only do it about once a month so I do a lot of under dressing to have my fix. However when I do get dress up it's very hard to go back. I'm also slowly getting items I need to get fully dress as Heather Marie Wig, Shoes and other items so over all I take what I can get.

sherib
01-19-2009, 01:38 PM
All thought my wife doesn't participate, she's the one that notice how my mood changes if I haven't dress for some time. I get agitated very easily and I get quiet. When she go out for something, I"ll put on my heels or body shaper when I know I don't have enough time to completely get dressed.

Kate Simmons
01-19-2009, 02:21 PM
I used to dress every day without fail. For the last year or so after I integrated my feelings, even though I did it every day it was by default mostly (or a habit) and really not necessary. Since I have basically stopped dressing, I can go that way indefinately as when and if I do dress it's totally my choice (and not a compulsion) to do so. A lot depends on motivation and how much of a necessity it really is. In short, I no longer need to dress to feel good about myself, I can do it in any mode.:)

Katrina red nails
01-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Within the boundaries my wife and I have agreed I get a couple of hours at a time about 4 times a week. So far the temptation to go daily I have resisted as I don't want to 'burnout' or whatever other phrase you may use. Opportunities for all day dressed are very few and far between.
I am certainly more stroppy when not dressed irrespective of how long since the last time.

I do wear panties 24/7 though and toenail polish

CD Susan
01-19-2009, 04:10 PM
I dress every day. I live alone and am retired so this puts me in a situation that permits this. My dressing is not a form of entertainment that I do ocassionaly but rather a way of life for me. I am very close to going 24/7 and will go as long as several weeks without wearing male clothing. I am out to my entire family and have only a small circle of friends that do not know that I am a cd. I have lived this lifestyle for the past 14 months since retiring and have never been more happy and content in my life.

Carly D.
01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
I wear shoes everyday.. I wear pantyhose and shoes whenever I can squeeze in the time, usually about once a week if that means wearing tights to bed then so be it.. I wear or have worn clothing for about three to four hours every two to three days or so.. and as far as too much, well I do wear too much I guess.. but that's me..

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-19-2009, 04:54 PM
I'm a little jealous of you 24/7 girls! Actually, I don't want to give up my man-side all together or anything, but since I never seem to get enough girl-time, the whole 24/7 thing sounds really wonderful. How I'd love to be able to do that at some point in my life - at least go for several days or even weeks back to back.

I'm dressed up right now, without makeup. I have a band around my hair (the kind that resembles a sweat band, but prettier) that my wife gave me - it helps a little, but not nearly as much as makeup. Still enjoying what I've got though. Might sleep this way tonight. :) That concept was brought up in another thread. I enjoy doing that form time to time.

Sam-antha
01-19-2009, 05:50 PM
This particular piece is of variable length. Mood, weather, frequency, exposure location - (town or country)-, dressing duration and no doubt a host of other things. Including wardrobe additions.
I have only been out once this year, (when I had that black butterfly thing to go with) and it has been sufficent.
~Samm

EnglishRose
01-20-2009, 10:53 AM
Depends on my mood which varies from time to time. My ever patient wife and I discussed it: although I don't dress in front of my infant son, I get changed to full dress every evening and underdress (bra, panties) during the day, for as long as the need lasts. I wear panties and a nightie to bed. Into day four currently.