PDA

View Full Version : Almost Caught . . .

rachelmncd
01-19-2009, 02:34 AM
I was enjoying my day off and decided to venture out. After getting dolled up, and before heading out the door, a small voice told me to hide some of the evidence at home and to grab my emergency boy wardrobe.

To read about my perfect afternoon of window shopping, check out this story:
My day off from work (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1576180)

Feeling confident, instead of heading home, I decided to make one more stop at the local mall (a place I usually try to avoid). I walked in and grabbed a couple of formal dresses to try on and headed for the dressing room.

In middle of trying on a cute formal black dress, my cell phone rang. No big deal, I'll just hit ignore and call them back once I get back to my car. Right before hitting the ignore call, I realize it is my wife but the caller id isn't from her work number . . . it was the home number . . . .

At this point, I can feel my stomach drop. She left a voice mail and said that she wasn't feeling well and decided to head home and was wondering where I was at (since I was suppose to be sick too).

I quickly got dressed and raced out to come up with a plan on getting back home. That is when I realized . . . I didn't pack my shoes and I was wearing an obvious pair of casual heels. I also had on some makeup and wasn't quite sure where I was going to wash it off.

I had no other choice . . . I ran out to the car and put on my boy clothes with winter hat and gator. Drove to the mall food court where I knew there was a family restroom I can use. I raced through the parking lot, not passing anyone but then needed to head inside. I took a path to minimize how many people could view my shoes and passed a boy that noticed my shoes right away . . . no time to worry, needed to get the makeup off. With the makeup off, I made my way back to the car, once again minimizing the amount of people that I passed.

As I drove home, I thought about how to explain some of the items that I may have left lying around to my wife. As I pulled into the garage, I had to take of my shoes and walk into the laundry room, hoping that she wasn't there. Sure enough she was very sick, sitting in the living room couch, watching TV. I came in and gave her a hug and then offered to go to the store to pick her up some soup . . . she luckily took me up on the offer and I was able to stash my Rachel clothes and was successfully able to return the sweater and leather jacket in it's rightful place before she knew it was missing.

That was too close and now I am trying to figure out how I am going to tell her about my hobby. Would rather tell her than to have her find out in a situation that almost took place that day. I will definitely post if I can get the nerve up to tell her.

ColleenShivas
01-19-2009, 02:50 AM
Find a way to tell her sooner, rather than later. She probably knows/suspects a lot already. To prepare for the conversation, I suggest that you look at the Tri-ESS website. It has good advice for you and a great support group for her.

KarenS
01-19-2009, 02:50 AM
Several weeks ago, I was reading forum messages late at night dressed in mostly uni-sex clothes but with stockings, heels, bra and forms (enhancers) when my 20 y/o daughter walked in. I don't believe she noticed accept possibly that I was nervous and spilled water on my desk while she was on the stairs talking with me.

I'm beginning to realize I have to talk more openly about being a CD with my wife. She has seen me dressed, but we haven'y realy discussed it too much.

Melora
01-19-2009, 08:43 AM
First of All... I would have LOVED To see the pictures of this...
Second.. You Really Need to tell her.. You Know That!!
Third.. You Obviously LOVE Your Wife =
NO MORE HIDINGE and FACE IT!!
Do not be in the situation that I was in OR WORSE..
Where You Really Needing to Negotiate and Threat!!
Just Do the RIGHT Thing..
The question is..
Can I tell MY MOST BELOVED ABOUT "ME"=YES!!
She Loves YOU = Probably = X = MAybe not = Worth The Gamble.. NO??

Katie

Karren H
01-19-2009, 08:52 AM
Wow... That was close... Last time my wife called me when I was over in Ohio working enfemme for the day.. The forst question she asked was "who's skirts are these in the bottom of my wardrobe"... That was a bad day...

She doesn't call me when I'm out any more..

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-19-2009, 09:15 AM
Close one - glad you pulled it off ok, Rachel.

I had some moments like that before I came out to my wife. One thing I always got in the habit of is never taking any chances. Of course, every time dressing up is taking a chance, but you know what I mean.

In my case, I was lucky. My wife is very accepting of my crossdressing.

I came out to her in stages - a little at a time, carefully testing the water at each step. Maybe you should try the same. Try to engage in conversation where this topic can somehow become a part of it. I don't have any great advice as how to bring it up, but if you can get the subject out there, you can get a feel for where her mind is at about this kind of thing. Hopefully, you'll discover she's ok with it. She might even be intrigued, in which case you'll have an easier time coming out.

Don't wait too much longer. One way or another, she'll find out eventually. We all make mistakes and getting caught is exactly the wrong way to start the conversation.

Good luck. :)

JoAnne Wheeler
01-19-2009, 12:25 PM
I think that a lot of us have almost been CAUGHT at one time or another - I think that one of MURPHY'S LAWS is expect the worst thing that could happen - it probably will !
JoAnne Wheeler

suzypier
01-19-2009, 12:33 PM
I think that a lot of us have almost been CAUGHT at one time or another - I think that one of MURPHY'S LAWS is expect the worst thing that could happen - it probably will !
JoAnne Wheeler

I hope it won't !!! :sad: Suzy

Shelly Preston
01-19-2009, 02:22 PM
Rachel

That sounded too close for comfort and it could get worse if she finds out before you tell her

There are a lot of threads on telling your partner about crossdressing

The link in my signature has lots of good advice :hugs:

Nigella
01-19-2009, 03:00 PM
Funny title for this thread "Almost Caught..."

Going out dressed, trying on obvious female clothing, this is not almost caught, this is asking to be outed.

Time to tell before its too late and repercussions are worse than they could be.

rachelmncd
01-19-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks so much for the advice. I know it is something I need to do since these urges are not going away anytime soon. I will take a peek at the links you provided.

Thanks again for reassuring my goals and intentions are correct.

Nigella, your analysis is correct. I feel that there is a large part of me that is putting pressure to out myself or suffer the alternative of getting caught.

I am considering telling my sister and going from there. I have a great relationship with my sister to gauge how I am going to handle the potential questions.

Thanks again.

mykhelee
01-20-2009, 12:56 AM
I told my current SO before we started seeing each other, not having to hide the feminine side of myself is a huge happiness creator.

Hali
01-20-2009, 08:58 AM
I think u r very lucky.

You are lucky cos u were not involved in some tragedy e.g beign cought by the police for traffic violation and ur SO has to bail u out etc. I think ur SO has to know about ur CDing dont tell her u dress fully in femme attire, but tell her that u like wearing one or two femme articles and progress from there.

Annie D
01-20-2009, 09:18 AM
Being in that position is one that many of us have experienced or are about to. Going out enfemme is like riding a motorcycle; everyone who rides has either dropped it or is going to do so soon! Knowing that you are going to drop your bike sooner or later and you still ride is asking for trouble or the fact that you are willing to take the risk anyway. Crossdressing and going out is exactly the same; sooner or later you will be caught!

That being said, I think that deep down we all want to be caught and then our secret will be out and therefore could dress anytime we wish to or as much as we want.

You might as well tell your wife about your secret now so that you are prepared with some answers to her questions and concerns rather than be totally caught off guard and unprepared with her anger, fear and your guilt.
Good Luck!

beenherelongtime
01-20-2009, 11:03 AM
good luck with telling her. it is difficult to come out to anyone, but it is probably better than being caught.