PDA

View Full Version : Sissy

Melora
01-19-2009, 07:27 AM
Who here Hates the lable..
SISSEY??
I see it Everywhere!
If you are a M-F TG.. = You are "Labeled a Sissy".
I am not a Sissey!
Who else is not a Sissey???

Wendy me
01-19-2009, 07:30 AM
were are you getting this?????....... if some one calls me a Sissy i would just hit them with my purse.........

curse within
01-19-2009, 07:54 AM
I dunno ..That goes along with the old therory ..walks like a duck... Just my opinion

Cissy Chiana
01-19-2009, 08:02 AM
I was given to understand that the TG community were trying to take sissy back and make it their own, like the black culture did with a certain word that may start with an N...

and i only changed my nick from Sissy to Cissy because I read about some members getting unwanted attention from people forcing themselves on them because they used Sissy in their name, and Cissy says the same thing but is also a name in its own right...

Jamie S.
01-19-2009, 08:18 AM
Gotta agree, I don't like that word at all. Very negative no matter how you use it really, same as the N-word or the F-word for gays. They've been essentially rendered negative by their previous use by hate mongers and racists. I really don't get this whole "taking it back" thing, for most of these words it's too late I think. The idea that you could somehow neutralize a word's history by taking it back is just a tad too much work for words that we really should'nt even bother with to begin with. Those words should just be forgotten or cast aside as being what they are: archeic hate speech. The N-word hasn't been taken back, it's just become more mainstream so now most people feel they can use it and it's alright. Why even bother to try and keep these words alive? As a 20-something transgendered person, I really don't see a use for words like these in the future. Just my opinion.

Mydia
01-19-2009, 08:20 AM
Gotta agree, I don't like that word at all. Very negative no matter how you use it really, same as the N-word or the F-word for gays. They've been essentially rendered negative by their previous use by hate mongers and racists. I really don't get this whole "taking it back" thing, for most of these words it's too late I think. The idea that you could somehow neutralize a word's history by taking it back is just a tad too much work for words that we really should'nt even bother with to begin with. Those words should just be forgotten or cast aside as being what they are: archeic hate speech. The N-word hasn't been taken back, it's just become more mainstream so now most people feel they can use it and it's alright. Why even bother to try and keep these words alive? As a 20-something transgendered person, I really don't see a use for words like these in the future. Just my opinion.

This.

Perfectly said.

Sakura Rini
01-19-2009, 08:21 AM
i dont know, ive always like the label sissy, i guess it how people say it as a bad thing, such as when people say something gay

curse within
01-19-2009, 08:24 AM
Sissy,

Is a word that descibes a female and is also a short slang for sister..Some folks here also use it as a Nick...I'd be cautioned to present it as a negative slang as it does have meaning.. Unlike the f word and the n word that are only used as a hateful term. Do I wish to be called a sissy? no neiher do I wish to act as one..

Jamie S.
01-19-2009, 08:28 AM
Not to get into a semantics argument or anything by according to the Cambridge Dictionary:

Sissy:
noun, plural -sies, adjective
–noun 1. an effeminate boy or man.
2. a timid or cowardly person.
3. a little girl.
–adjective 4. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a sissy.

Diane Elizabeth
01-19-2009, 08:33 AM
That congers up ill feelings for me. I heard it too many times as akids from my childhood"friends" when I didn't measure up to their expectations. It is okay if you want to be called one, but I would rather be a good looking sexy woman.

curse within
01-19-2009, 08:35 AM
Not to get into semantics or anything by according to the Cambridge Dictionary:

Sissy:
noun, plural -sies, adjective
–noun 1. an effeminate boy or man.
2. a timid or cowardly person.
3. a little girl.
–adjective 4. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of a sissy.

I can agree to the meaning of the word...In the part of the world I come from it is also used as a slang or short for sister = sis= sissy..

Karren H
01-19-2009, 08:42 AM
....... if some one calls me a Sissy i would just hit them with my purse.........
:iagree:

I'm not a sissie... Sissey... Sissy!! I just like to look pretty!! :)

Kelsy
01-19-2009, 09:01 AM
were are you getting this?????....... if some one calls me a Sissy i would just hit them with my purse.........

:iagree:

I'm not a sissie... Sissey... Sissy!! I just like to look pretty!! :)

LMAO!!!:rofl:

Kelsy

Toni_Lynn
01-19-2009, 09:11 AM
To me this word is our equivalent of the N word, or using obscene terms for a woman's genitals as a term for a GG. Why we embrace it is beyond me. To me it mean nothing but pain and hurt

Toni-Lynn

Debutante
01-19-2009, 09:46 AM
Some crossdrssers into any kind of humiliation might love the word sissy. But even as a regular CD, I might take it positively if used in a less hostile way. Having a macho male (or macho woman) attacking me with that turn would be offensive... but if used in a more accepting, supportive way... well...

billie earls
01-19-2009, 09:54 AM
Back in the 50's being called a sissy was usually the start of a fight, not as an adult I'll take it being some one who is not macho. Today I view it as some one who is effeminate not necessary gay or a crossdresser. I now accept the term and do not object to it. Its one of those words we must accept because it does describe some of us. Like Drag Queen, I consider that term to relate to those men who dress as women to put on a show, not to some one like to dress as a woman. Now I realize that some of us may object to sissy because we were called it as a child or teen but I feel we should accept it and use to to our own advantage. One of these days the term macho will be use to describe those with false bravado.

Babette
01-19-2009, 10:28 AM
Sissy! Who are you calling a sissy? Why I'm so mean that I just hammer my whiskers down and bite them off from the inside. :tongueout

Babette

Ashlyee Paige
01-19-2009, 10:34 AM
I for one do not want that word back or any other derogatory word, Alot of the demeaning words used out there seem mostly to promote the sex workers trade, i.e. she-male, tranny, ect.. I really dislike the words that cast a negative aspect on us, I would rather promote the positive and hopefully one day we can all be accepted and looked upon positively and not think we are dirty and perverted. Using words like that and others just seems to reinforce negative aspects and opinions in peoples minds of who we are and what we do.

Jamie001
01-19-2009, 11:35 AM
I don't mind the label "Sissy" because that is what I am. I also don't mind "Nancy Boi" or "Jane Girl". :love:

Paulacder
01-19-2009, 11:47 AM
"Sissy" is probably one of the nicer names that I have ben call in the past. Queer, Pervert, Fag, Weardoo. Are some of the ones I least like. After thinking about it "Sissy" could be considered a compliment.....

Vieja
01-19-2009, 11:52 AM
Hi Melora
Sissy, faggot or any other appellation used as a term of derogation doesn't bother me as I can't get too upset by comments from people I have no respect for

Vieja

DonnaWanna
01-19-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't mind the word, as a matter of fact my GG girlfriend calls me sissy boy sometimes. I don't mind it cause that's what I am when I am wearing a dress,,

JoAnne Wheeler
01-19-2009, 12:10 PM
I am not a SISSY - But I do want to be FEMININE - there is a difference
JoAnne Wheeler

MsJanessa
01-19-2009, 12:19 PM
Who here Hates the lable..
SISSEY??
I see it Everywhere!
If you are a M-F TG.. = You are "Labeled a Sissy".
I am not a Sissey!
Who else is not a Sissey???

Well I'm not a sissy and no body has ever called Me one--even when I out and about dressed and made up---take a look at My photos here and on flckr and you will know why

Debutante
01-19-2009, 12:49 PM
I am not a SISSY - But I do want to be FEMININE - there is a difference
JoAnne Wheeler

Good for you, Joanne!! That's the goal...

Prissy Linda
01-19-2009, 04:23 PM
When I was younger some of the boys would call me a sissy because I played dress up with my girlfriends so the term was not so pleasant. Now I don't feel like it is so bad because I miss those days when I expressed myself openly with the girls I played with and my wife will occasionally call me her sissy.
It can be a good thing or a bad thing. sigh.

tricia_uktv
01-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Well I'm not a sissy and no body has ever called Me one--even when I out and about dressed and made up---take a look at My photos here and on flckr and you will know why

Interesting. I'm not sure I am a sissy now I'm out. I think I maybe was when I was in the closet. But its just playing with words really.

Melora
01-19-2009, 05:03 PM
Wow..
I did not think that this thread would get soo long.. Hehe..
I guess that What really got me going was the fact that soo many photo groups tend to label us as Sissy.. And I fully understand that SOME of Us actually Like it too...
My eyes are opened a bit more now..
Thanks to all who shared!
Melora

Teri Jean
01-19-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm not a sissy either but if it was said I would follow Wendy's lead but step on their foot with my heels. .....sissy....what the h**l do they think anyway........ B***hs....

LOL Keli