PDA

View Full Version : Am I tired of dressing?

CDPAUL
01-19-2009, 07:57 AM
I seem to have lost the desire to dress for some reason it has been a week i have always had the desire and many time just didn't find the time in the last week i have had 3 trips out of town that has always been a good time and just did not feel like it even had a half day at work (i get a half day to work dressed because i am by my self that day and there are a few hours before customers start comming in) and still no desire to dress. the last 6 months have been really great since wife has been helping out somewhat we have been shopping and buying things, i have talked to a couple of people on this forum and i was really feeling pretty good. Have had more time to dress then i have ever had then all of a sudden the urge has gone.

tamarav
01-19-2009, 08:11 AM
Trust me on this, the urge didn't go away. What happens is we have some sort of point where it isn't as evident and we think that it has simply gone away when out of nowhere a pretty girl will walk by and wham! The "urge" to dress will re-surface in a heartbeat and you can't wait to get home.

Many of us have had this happen for many years, but over time we realize it is just a preparation for the next step. I used to go sometimes months at a time, and when in the military 4 1/2 years, but it is still smoldering someplace deep inside and will ease back to the surface once again.

Whatever you do, don't purge all your femme things. That is the worst mistake many of us have ever made. If it doesn't feel like you want to continue and should throw those reminders out, just box them up and put them someplace safe. You will be back to them before you know it.

Having an accepting SO can sometimes reduce the secrecy issue but it sometimes makes it seem less urgent and commonplace. Could be a personal issue of privacy or just you not wanting to share the femme side with your SO. If she is as accepting as it sounds like she is, this could be the very best support of this activity that you can imagine.

My wife of 25 years now tends to "borrow" many of my clothes and my MAC makeup seems to go down at a fast pace but I am so happy that she is as accepting as she is. It is a very small price to pay.

Relax, clean up your femme things and get them prepared for a longer time out of the closet shortly.

Your sis,

Tami

Sakura Rini
01-19-2009, 08:18 AM
i bet the urge will come back if you stop for awhile, i lost the urge afew years back but after seeing some cute clothes i fell right back into it

Kelsy
01-19-2009, 08:27 AM
A common occurance I believe. There is a flow to my urges -strong and sometimes not so strong!!:)

Kelsy

Karren H
01-19-2009, 09:11 AM
Called burnout... Too much of a good thing and it happens to me from time to time.. Nothing really to worry about.

Sherry-Stephanie
01-19-2009, 09:27 AM
It's because your drinking the water from the Duck River....buy bottle water....

Seriously....I just went through the same thing....didn't dress until yesterday since early November...partly because of some problems that took place during that time as well as had the "just couldn't bother to take the time and effort" feeling...

The only thing I did during that time was continued shaving my bod and wore panties some of the time...other than that NADA!!!!...

Whne I posted the same question your now posting others here said that at times the desire to dress ebbs and flows and simply go with it...basically 99.9% of the time it will come back....

It's like eating....we don't eat the same thing day in and day out nor do we always need to dress everyday either....and sometimes that's goes for extended periods beyond what is our normal dressing window...

If you don't feel like it that's fine...just go with it and then when you do then you'll dress....nothing more nothing less....

One thing is don't purge....that can get expensive....and then if you you go for a year and don't think you'll dress again give me a call and we'll check out sizes and see what fits!!!! (grin).....

Steph

docrobbysherry
01-19-2009, 11:22 AM
Do the chores around your house that have building up! Clean your car and garage! Read newpapers and write those letters you've been postponing!:)

That's what I try to do when the dressing "lulls" hit me. Because I know when the CD urges return, I won't have the time or energy for those other things!:eek:

Vieja
01-19-2009, 12:03 PM
Judithann,

From the responses here it seems that losing interest for a time is a not uncommon happenstance. I have never had this happen. I presume that is because my dressing opportunities are few and far between. If I get more chances to dress I think it would be terrible to lose interest just when things were getting better.

Vieja

JoAnne Wheeler
01-19-2009, 12:09 PM
That is pretty normal - the URGE never goes away - sometimes we just have CD PMS !
JoAnne Wheeler

Sam-antha
01-19-2009, 12:15 PM
It is like the desire for anything. Feed the desire and all is good. Overfeed and feeding stops.
Pack your things and forget them for a while. Unpacking is just wonderful when you want to see them again.

Cassia-Marie
01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
I'm right there with you. :( The Pink Fog blindsided me about 4 months ago and then disappeared just as quickly this past weekend. I hadn't felt anything influence my life so strongly in a long time and to have it suddenly go away is kind of jarring. I'm not feeling as depressed about it today but I'm still pretty down. I guess all we can do is be patient.

PM me if you wanna talk.

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-19-2009, 05:36 PM
There have been times that I haven't had as strong a need to dress up. I've read a lot of posts stating similar in this thread and the other similar one.

I've never lost the urge for years, but sometimes I do loose it for weeks. When I realize this, I often choose to dress up anyway just to see what happens. The result is I usually still enjoy the experience, even if it didn't feel necessary at the moment.

Honestly, if you don't have the urge, why not just go with it? And if it's something that you really miss (your feminine-side), then dress up anyway and don't expect anything magical - just enjoy the experience for what it is.

I strongly recommend against purging though. If/when that desire to dress comes back after you purged (which I believe it will at some point), you know how that will be. Be kind to the future you by not purging. Trust Gabrielle on this. ;)

Heather_Marie
01-19-2009, 06:11 PM
I would not worry about it to much like the girls said before me said. I just went through on phase of not wanting to be Heather Marie so I took a break.

I believe there is a flow to everything and this has it too everyone knows it as The Pink Fog and boy do I love it when I am there it is an amazing Fog to be in.

Don't throw everything away because in time you will want to be Judithann again, no worries The Pink Fog will be back you just need time.

Teri Jean
01-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Sometimes I find it a pain to go fishing but the desire is still there. I wouldn't worry about the urges not to dress for they will come back. And when they do it will be like new again and you will not need the training wheels this time. LOL Keli

StaceyJane
01-20-2009, 09:25 AM
Sometimes it does seem to be a bit of a hassle to get all dressed up just to hang around the house. Also there is the stress from the worry of getting caught. I've cut back for a while. Well, I'm still wearing nylon stockings and shaving my legs everyday and I've got my cute girl socks I like to wear.
Maybe I would be comfortable wearing regualr girl clothes and not the whole dress thing for a while.