PDA

View Full Version : Online Dating site, which is good ?

CharleneT
01-19-2009, 01:57 PM
Ladies, for those of us who are single, I have a quetion. It is hard to find someone special and so I have been considering/trying some of the online dating sites. Problem is finding one where transgendered folks are welcome AND it is not full of weirdo's ;) Here is what I have looked at, what I am wondering is whether anyone knows of others that might be good ?

I have looked at the common and popular places like match and chemistry (dot com). Chemistry seems to have the rep of being willing to let TG's stay (match will boot you). Neither have anything but "strait" as an orientation. I think I'll get booted off Chem soon, or just piss off the people that look. All of the AFF sites, such as adultfriendfinder etc... they are all the same, huge population but mostly fakes and freaks. You can find people there, but it takes forever and the cost is high, and even if you pay, you get lousy service. TSDating etc, there are several that are actually the same site with different names. They seem ok, but there are so few people ( in my region) that it doesn't work very well. LVTG ... a very badly designed site, which is too bad because it has more than the TSDating system... but it is very hard to use. UrNotAlone, good site, but small numbers.... I would love to find a site with a decent size, ok--good interface and that accepts us TG's.

Any suggestions ???? Thanks in advance for any and all help !!

Charlene

Alice Torn
01-19-2009, 05:54 PM
Friend, are you looking for single gg's? I put pics of me dressed, on an ad, in Plentyoffish.com, but got no responses. I was also on some of the sites you mention, as a man seeking woman, and on some of the alternative sites, but only got respones wanting sex, right away, for the most part. I have been on dating sites, for seven years, now, but even in drab, have not met many birth girls. The ones i met, were never a match, or, when i was very attracted to them, and wanted friendship, they rejected me, especially, when they were driving new suv's, or new cars, and I was driving a 1976 Dodge! The singles world, is lonely, and emotionally brutal. I think that is one reason I dress up, now and then, to have some of the touch of the feminine, in my life, instead of only masculine, and men. I wish you well, but it won't be easy. Some of us are getting older, and resigned to the possibility, of not finding a right one, but it would be nice to date sometimes.

AKAMichelle
01-19-2009, 06:50 PM
I met an accepting woman on Match and another on Yahoo. I didn't have any pictures of me. I just let them know that I had a very sensitive side which I did let out.

I don't how I was so successful since I was 2 for 2. The second one and I went out much more as Michelle than in boy mode. I think we are 2 boy to 15 Michelle outings. It was the first time that I ended up with a true girlfriend.

Deborah Jane
01-19-2009, 06:52 PM
This forum worked very well for me :D
After all, this is where i met Sheila :love:

CharleneT
01-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Well, my Chemistry (dot com) profile was approved. Even though I clearly state in the title line and body that I am a CD/TG person ... cool... but I have to pay to talk to any of the "matches".

Wish there were a great site like AFF but for alt types ( there is a great midwestern swinging site, but they are very homo-phobic and assume that transgendered are gay ..)

MissConstrued
01-20-2009, 12:28 AM
they rejected me, especially, when they were driving new suv's, or new cars, and I was driving a 1976 Dodge!

Nothing wrong with old cars. Lots of them are really cool.

But yours? No offense. Pretty much zero cool factor there. Can't say I blame them.

Alice Torn
01-20-2009, 01:03 AM
Miss Construed, Well, you have a right to your opinion. That old slant six will still be running, after todays engines are long gone, just like most engines made since 1976. It is an Aspen, and I love her dearly, and only paid $520, for it, in 2001, repainted it, keep her maintained. I have gone out with senior ladies, and they like old cars.

RobynP
01-20-2009, 01:10 AM
Charlene,

My experiences and observations are very similar to yours... One site you didn't mention is OkCupid... You can always take their quizzes when you get bored...

Robyn P.

MissConstrued
01-20-2009, 01:11 AM
I'm not personally knocking your car, or its durability, or how well you maintain it. Nor is what I said simply expressing my personal opinion. It's a fine automobile.

It's just not going to impress the ladies. You said so yourself. If you're going to be dating them, it's their opinion that counts, not mine.

I have an old beater work truck that won't die. It's great. But it looks like ass, and I'm not going to pick up a date in it. I drive my nice car for that. Sometimes, we just buckle down and play the game. Hell, most men probably wouldn't shower much if it weren't for women.

Alice Torn
01-20-2009, 01:30 AM
Thank you for the clarification. This is true- women are not into the reliability of ours cars, on a date, as they are, the looks, comfort, cosmetic things. When I had a 77 green Volare fast back, that was more like new, it was a little easier, but I sold it for peanuts, to a few gay guys, who never paid me fully, and one day, in a wrecking yard, THERE IT WAS! My heart sank! I did salvage some parts, after my Aspen was rearended. Sorry, I got way off topic. I have about one date a year, lately, did most dating in my 30's. Since the 90's started, dates are few and far between.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-20-2009, 08:49 AM
You have brought up something that I know absolutely nothing about, but I would love to hear which services that you have had experiences with
JoAnne Wheeler

CharleneT
01-20-2009, 01:51 PM
Old cars and their joys not withstanding... but could we get back to discussing dating sites ???

OkCupid eh ? I'll check it out ! Thank you for the suggestion, anyone have experience with that or others ??

Char