PDA

View Full Version : Going to a Therapist

daviolin
01-19-2009, 02:42 PM
I got an appointment with a therapist this Thursday. To help me sort out my crossdressing habit. I have no intensions of quiting, just learning to cope. The main reason I'm going, is that I need a stratagy on how to tell my wife. I don't think she will be very thrilled with my pass time. But I just can't go on hiding it forever. I would hate to get busted. So I think this approach is better. Also the therapist I have the appointment with is an expert on gender issues.
Please wish me well, and I will get back on the outcome:love:Daviolin

StaceyJane
01-19-2009, 02:44 PM
I understand completly. This is the same reason I have been seeing a therapist. I hope your therapist is as helpful as mine.

Shelly Preston
01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Hi there

There are many threads on this subject

The link on telling your partner in my signature has lots of great advice

Daintre
01-19-2009, 02:48 PM
Good luck daviolin, a therapist with knowledge of CDing can certainly help.

gennee
01-19-2009, 02:49 PM
It's a great step you're taking, Daviolin. Counseling helped to clear my mind as to what was going on inside of me. I pray all will go well. Keep us posted.

Gennee

:hugs:

daviolin
01-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Hi there

There are many threads on this subject

The link on telling your partner in my signature has lots of great advice

Thank you Shelly I read that same thread last week, It was very helpful to me. Wish me luck

Mollyanne
01-19-2009, 04:06 PM
I sincerely wish you well and pray that all comes out(no pun intended) as you will want it to!!!!!! I too am seeing a therapist not only for my"hobby" but also for some other issues.

Mollyanne

Kerrie Sifton
01-19-2009, 04:30 PM
Good luck.
I brought the subject up with mine. Next steps include bringing it up with my spouse... and then deciding where we go from there...
Best wishes

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-19-2009, 04:41 PM
I hope you're able to work things out with the help of your therapist. I went to a therapist many years ago, for a long duration of years, but never discussed cding with him because I was in heavy self-denial about my own urges.

I've considered therapy about my cding, but recently just accepted myself as a crossdresser, or transvestite or tgirl or whatever the right term is. lol Really - I'm not sure which fits me best. Whatever it is, I'm comfortable with who I am now. I don't need a therapist to help me figure that part out anymore.

Good luck coming out to your wife, Daviolin. I hope your wife is one of the accepting women out there. :)

carolinoakland
01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
Well as you will see from other threads, for the SO it's the deception and secret that is so hurt full to them. Be aware of that. it hurts. Carol

docrobbysherry
01-19-2009, 04:52 PM
U mite find the therapist will be as useful for your SO, as for yourself! Maybe even more so!:brolleyes:

Cassia-Marie
01-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Yes, please keep us posted. I've been thinking about going back into therapy for the same reason. I was in therapy for a while about 15 years ago and it helped immensely. It wasn't for CD'ing back then but it wasn't as much of an issue then, either.

Best Wishes,
Cassia-Marie

JoAnne Wheeler
01-19-2009, 06:01 PM
Good Luck - as I have posted before, I am not too keen on counselors, but I hope the best for you
JoAnne Wheeler

immike
01-19-2009, 06:06 PM
I got an appointment with a therapist this Thursday. To help me sort out my crossdressing habit. I have no intensions of quiting, just learning to cope. The main reason I'm going, is that I need a stratagy on how to tell my wife. I don't think she will be very thrilled with my pass time. But I just can't go on hiding it forever. I would hate to get busted. So I think this approach is better. Also the therapist I have the appointment with is an expert on gender issues.
Please wish me well, and I will get back on the outcome:love:Daviolin
I still can't contain my urges to dress,even after talking to a therapist?I still love to
sneak in mothers closet,secretly,and dress in her wardrobe,especially her short mini
skirts,which fit me perfectly.Sometimes,I'll pull on a pair of pantyhose&dress in one of her
good skirtsuits&silky blouses,just to stay dressed for several hours&walk around the house in heels

Debutante
01-19-2009, 06:20 PM
I still can't contain my urges to dress,even after talking to a therapist?I still love to
sneak in mothers closet,secretly,and dress in her wardrobe,especially her short mini
skirts,which fit me perfectly.Sometimes,I'll pull on a pair of pantyhose&dress in one of her
good skirtsuits&silky blouses,just to stay dressed for several hours&walk around the house in heels

Yes... I know the feeling: I had done that a lot when I was an adolescent...
it's often the case, and it's a kind of rite of passage, as it were. But understanding yourself, where you are REALLY at, and where to go from here: you need to continue th journey in study, perhaps therapy (if you need it), and self acceptance...

Debutante
01-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Good luck Daviolin!
Yes... see a therapist... study the issues... read up on it... get to know yourself and come to find the real you... and yes: involve your wife at the right time... having a gender expert is hard to find....!

Lora Olivia
01-19-2009, 08:22 PM
Daviolin....good luck

daviolin
01-20-2009, 10:11 AM
I want to thank all you wonderful ladies and girls out there for the support in my move to see a Therapist. I'm so excited for Thursday. Thank you again and again.