PDA

View Full Version : Knee Surgery Update

SirTrey
01-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Hey, just wanted to let you know that I had My knee surgery last Thursday (the 15th)....They did a hamstring graft to replace the ACL, cleaned up the torn/jagged meniscus (cartilage), removed some tissue and some arthritis that had started from the original injury (they pulled the hamstring muscle down through some holes that they drilled out and secured the graft with a bolt)....It went well, I am bed-ridden at the moment (other than going to the bathroom on crutches and to therapy)....the pain medication is helping a lot, gotta love vicodin....I am doing really well bending it, which I do three times a day.....They said will be a 3-6 month recovery period....so, just wanted to let everyone know that it's done and I am fine....:hugs: **Trey**

ZenFrost
01-19-2009, 07:42 PM
I'm glad you're doing well. I hope you have no complications and a speedy recovery. :hugs:

Nicki B
01-19-2009, 07:49 PM
Hey dude, good to hear..

You'll just have to keep your hands off those cabin boys a while longer? :whistling:

Kieron Andrew
01-19-2009, 08:24 PM
You'll just have to keep your hands off those cabin boys a while longer? :whistling:

Bloody impossible...

Im glad it went well Trey, keep us updated with your progress

Lora Olivia
01-19-2009, 08:31 PM
Good news there and nice to see ya here bro...take care

SirTrey
01-19-2009, 10:58 PM
Hey dude, good to hear..

Bloody impossible...

LOL.....It's the leg that is out of commission, not the hands.....:D

Thanks for the good wishes, everyone....I was able to bend it almost halfway up tonight, so I'm on it....want to get it loosened up as soon as possible and the sooner you just DO it, the better the recovery is.....I am just really excited that I am going to have a functional knee again....The original injury was back in August, so it's been a long haul....Will keep you posted....:hugs:

Adam
01-20-2009, 11:19 AM
yay glad to hear t went well Trey hope it heals well :) sounds like they done a good job

Devon James
01-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Hey Trey!

Glad to hear from you :) I hope your recovery goes well and you'll soon be running out and about again :hugs:

Nicki B
01-20-2009, 01:03 PM
LOL.....It's the leg that is out of commission, not the hands.....:D

Yeah, but you've gotta catch 'em, first?

Mind, the broom in the corner can't run away - err - was I supposed to not mention that again? :battingeyelashes:

Kieron Andrew
01-20-2009, 01:09 PM
Mind, the broom in the corner can't run away - err - was I supposed to not mention that again? :battingeyelashes:

:lol2:

GypsyKaren
01-20-2009, 01:23 PM
I am very happy to hear that all is going well, I was quite worried about you. Just don't try to push things, give it time to heal. :hugs:

Karen :star:

BTW, I have pictures of Trey being carted off on the stretcher to the ambulance, I'm open to all offers.

Kieron Andrew
01-20-2009, 01:42 PM
BTW, I have pictures of Trey being carted off on the stretcher to the ambulance, I'm open to all offers.

post em woman!!

Sharon
01-20-2009, 03:43 PM
I am sooooo happy that you are faring so well, Trey! :hugs:

I know from knee pain and surgery all too well, so I sympathize from the bottom of my heart with everything you have been going through. And my knees ended up being better than new when all was said and done. BTW -- it was morphine that was given me back in the good old days. :)

SirTrey
01-20-2009, 10:06 PM
I am very happy to hear that all is going well, I was quite worried about you. Just don't try to push things, give it time to heal. :hugs:

LOL...Some sister YOU are....Hey, you should email ME the pictures....I haven't seen them yet....ahhhhh, memories.....:tongueout

KrazyKat
01-20-2009, 11:04 PM
:love:Wow, Trey, that's good to hear!! Wonderful news!!Karen told me today, thought I'd drop in and give you a hug!!:hugs:

I'm just glad the nightmare is almost over and you can get back to living some real life again!! Miss you, take care, man, and behave until it heals!! (Yeah, right!):devil:

Call me sometime, in between vicodin dreams, lol!! I'm off tomorrow. Hugs and more hugs, looking hot!!:o

DemonicDaughter
01-21-2009, 12:58 AM
You do realize just how appealing the thought of you helpless in bed is... right? ;)

Sheila
01-21-2009, 02:41 AM
You do realize just how appealing the thought of you helpless in bed is... right? ;)

what do you mean DD ..... explain please .....being an innocent I have not a clue what you mean :heehee::heehee:

Trey be good, heal well and fast :hugs:

SirTrey
01-21-2009, 03:25 AM

DD, you should be a nurse....you know just what to say to make a poor, sick guy feel all better....LOL :love:

Kieron Andrew
01-21-2009, 08:07 AM

:eek::daydreaming:

DemonicDaughter
01-21-2009, 09:32 AM
what do you mean DD ..... explain please .....being an innocent I have not a clue what you mean :heehee::heehee:

Trey be good, heal well and fast :hugs:

You are so far from an innocent! But to help you along in the meaning... picture Debs in a nurses outfit... now where would you want to be "confined" at a time like that?

DD, you should be a nurse....you know just what to say to make a poor, sick guy feel all better....LOL :love:

All the better to have my way with you ;)

:eek::daydreaming:

See Kieron, all you need to do is mess up your knee and have surgery done so you too are confined to bed... or at least fain it pretty well. lol

Kieron Andrew
01-21-2009, 09:36 AM
See Kieron, all you need to do is mess up your knee and have surgery done so you too are confined to bed... or at least fain it pretty well. lol

I don't need a messed up knee for that, i have a disability that requires bed rest :p

SirTrey
01-21-2009, 09:37 AM
All the better to have my way with you ;)

Geez, DD, I don't have to be confined to bed for you to have THAT....:thumbsup:

DemonicDaughter
01-21-2009, 09:54 AM
I don't need a messed up knee for that, i have a disability that requires bed rest :p

This is true but then again... you're more use to it then Trey is, so he needs extra care to get through this very difficult time. Lots of comforting and such. :D

Geez, DD, I don't have to be confined to bed for you to have THAT....:thumbsup:

No, but it is more fun that way ;)

Kieron Andrew
01-21-2009, 09:55 AM
This is true but then again... you're more use to it then Trey is, so he needs extra care to get through this very difficult time. Lots of comforting and such. :D)

He can suck it up, hes a big boy now! and besides i saw you first :p

Sheila
01-21-2009, 10:38 AM
You are so far from an innocent! But to help you along in the meaning... picture Debs in a nurses outfit... now where would you want to be "confined" at a time like that?

:eek::eek:You trying to get me banned :devil::devil:

DemonicDaughter
01-21-2009, 04:08 PM
:eek::eek:You trying to get me banned :devil::devil:

Not purposely! I didn't say type it out... just conveying a meaning tis all. I see you get the gist of it. ;)

SirTrey
01-21-2009, 05:40 PM
This is true but then again... you're more use to it then Trey is, so he needs extra care to get through this very difficult time. Lots of comforting and such. :D

Exactly.....I DO need LOTS of extra care and comforting....<<putting My head on your shoulder>> :daydreaming:

No, but it is more fun that way ;)

You're absolutely right, it IS more fun that way....I am at your mercy, baby...:D

He can suck it up, hes a big boy now! and besides i saw you first

No way, dude, she is right, even big boys need taken care of when they are hurting....and it doesn't matter who saw her first....Only matters if I saw her LAST.....:tongueout

Nicki B
01-21-2009, 06:11 PM
Trey, you wouldn't want to be thought of as predictable, would you... :whistling:

Kieron Andrew
01-21-2009, 06:32 PM
Trey, you wouldn't want to be thought of as predictable, would you... :whistling:

Too late! :doh:

DemonicDaughter
01-21-2009, 06:34 PM
Exactly.....I DO need LOTS of extra care and comforting....<<putting My head on your shoulder>> :daydreaming:

Offers you a softer body part ;)

You're absolutely right, it IS more fun that way....I am at your mercy, baby...:D

Careful now... you know what saying things like that can do to a Mistress....

SirTrey
01-21-2009, 07:21 PM
Offers you a softer body part ;)

Graciously (and happily) accepting your offer......:daydreaming:

Careful now... you know what saying things like that can do to a Mistress....

Exactly...and they called ME predictable....Not at ALL....lol :tongueout And what can I really do about it, anyway? I AM your helpless captive....for now...:D

GypsyKaren
01-22-2009, 07:47 AM
Just a random thought here...Trey, you are sure looking hot! I mean, geez-o-pete! And now if you'll excuse, I must go off and swoon.

SirTrey
01-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Just a random thought here...Trey, you are sure looking hot! I mean, geez-o-pete! And now if you'll excuse, I must go off and swoon.

Wow, I'm really glad to hear that.....Compliment from a pretty lady....PERFECT way to wake up......:love::D

Alice B
01-22-2009, 03:21 PM
Well done and keep up with the exercise routine. I go in Tuesday for my second total knee replacement (left). Had right done 9 years ago and am very happy with the results.

SirTrey
01-23-2009, 10:39 AM
Okay, update....Just got back from the doctor....Knee is healing very well, I can put it flat, do straight leg raises and can bend it a LOT....the doctor said to the intern who was with him, "Very few people can do all of that a week after surgery, that is unusual".....So, I am ahead of the curve, but I have been working really hard to get is loosened up and strengthen the leg, which, apparently, a lot of people don't do because it hurts....but, no pain, no gain....I can walk on it now using crutches for help....and the xrays looked great....so.....all good news, stitches are out, and I was surprised at what a nice job he did stitching it all up....doesn't look bad at all.....anyway, wanted to thank everyone for their good wishes and let you all know that things are going very well on the knee front.....:hugs: **Trey**

DanielMacBride
01-23-2009, 11:24 AM
Hey, bro! Good to hear the knee is coming along nicely - and nice to see you have the ladies all in hand as usual ;) At least you will have plenty of willing helpers to aid in your recovery :D

SirTrey
01-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Well done and keep up with the exercise routine. I go in Tuesday for my second total knee replacement (left). Had right done 9 years ago and am very happy with the results.

Good luck with the knee replacement, Alice.... Mine is on the left, too.....The exercise routine does seem to be yielding good results, I will definitely stay with it....I can't wait until it's back to normal...The original injury was in August, so it's been problematic for a while....You don't realize how much you need your knee until you can't use it the ways that you need to....will be nice to have that back....:) Keep us posted on how you do with the surgery and your recovery.....:hugs: **Trey**

metalguy639
01-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Glad all went well Trey, hope you recover quickly.

Felix
01-24-2009, 07:16 AM
Good luck with ya recovery hun xx Felix :hugs: