PDA

View Full Version : Went out to a party in a skirt on Saturday

Dragster
01-19-2009, 08:30 PM
I went out in a skirt on Saturday without my disapproving wife saying anything, and she was with me! Well, I have to confess, it was really a kilt. We went to an early Burns Night party with about 30 friends, and I borrowed the whole kit from a Scottish friend; socks, shoes, garters, belt, sporran and jacket. It was a bit cold and draughty walking to the car, and it took some time for the car seat to warm up too!

I know it's not the same as going out in a real skirt, but it may be the nearest I get for some time, if ever, and I really enjoyed the experience, especially when I tried to convince myself I really was wearing a skirt (I even had to be careful how I sat down)! I played along with those who tried to tease me about it being a skirt, and I'm sure no-one took me seriously, but I knew differently! Maybe one day..........

BTW, as I was "dressed" for the part, I got the job of addressing the Haggis with the words of the bard himself, but I've done it often enough to know it by heart now. A good night was had by all, especially me!

Tony

Leanne2
01-19-2009, 09:18 PM
I would love to own a real kilt but they are just too expensive. My wife said that if we ever get across the pond to visit Scotland we could both wear kilts. Something to dream about. Leanne

trannie T
01-19-2009, 09:20 PM
Congratulations! You got to wear a skirt then eat something cooked in a cow's stomach.

Billijo49504
01-19-2009, 10:09 PM
Is that cooked in a cows stomach, while it still in the cow?:tongueout...BJ

darla_g
01-19-2009, 10:17 PM
did you have to shave your legs for that?

beenherelongtime
01-20-2009, 12:09 AM
glad you had a good time

Holly
01-20-2009, 02:39 AM
Tony, I'm so happy for you. I'm glad you enjoyed your night out.

Paulacder
01-20-2009, 05:26 AM
Kilts don't count as skirts unless you wear panty hose and heels.....He... He...just kidding.

carolinebrookes
01-20-2009, 07:46 AM
Congratulations! You got to wear a skirt then eat something cooked in a cow's stomach.

I know I'm nit picking here, but us Scots take the whole Robert Burns thing seriously!

It's actually cooked in a sheep's stomach! Very nice with a wee dram of gods own water! :)

Sarah...
01-20-2009, 08:11 AM
Slainthe!

Now gradually shorten the kilt and add some other accessories and you'll be where you want to be!

Sarah...

JoAnne Wheeler
01-20-2009, 08:21 AM
I don't know if we will count a kilt as a skirt - next time, wear a skirt and heels
JoAnne Wheeler

Denise01
01-20-2009, 09:41 AM
I have 2 kilts,

When I was younger, and CD was just not discussed where I lived, wearing a kilt, was my closest escape i could get away with, for wearing a Skirt.

The big thing i find with a Kilt, is the material, is so heavy, and does not flow at all or feel like a skirt.

It was a good start, and at least i was able to get some enjoyment out of it, without people knowing what my wishes were, even though my Sister used to tease me, I was like a girl, sweeping my skirt under me

Denise

:):):):)

Mary Morgan
01-20-2009, 09:50 AM
Having worn a kilt to various Scottish events for many year, i must say that the feeling is close but... my kilt includes nine yards of very heavy wool. And finally, I must as tradition requires ask if you know "What is worn under a kilt?"

trannie T
01-20-2009, 07:53 PM
I know I'm nit picking here, but us Scots take the whole Robert Burns thing seriously!

It's actually cooked in a sheep's stomach! Very nice with a wee dram of gods own water! :)

I humbly appologise to my Scotch friends for getting the recipe wrong, for me it would take a bit more than a wee dram of whisky.

In the 'Devil's Dictionary' Ambrose Bierce defined a kilt as a garment worn by Americans in Scotland and by Scotsmen in America.

:drink:

susanCD123
01-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Knew a Scottsman once, and I asked him, what do you wear under your kilt?
Honestly, he replied with a smile, "On a good day, lipstick!"

Rachel Morley
01-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Hi Tony! :hugs:

What a great post. Loved it! :)

I went out in a skirt on Saturday without my disapproving wife saying anything, and she was with me!
Knowing how things are for you (because of our many PMs) reading this immediately peaked my interest! :)

I really enjoyed the experience, especially when I tried to convince myself I really was wearing a skirt (I even had to be careful how I sat down)!
LOL! yes, it's a skirt in your mind if you want it to be. Sitting down .... did you "tuck your skirt under your bottom" before lowing yourself down into the chair? LOL. :D

Now, you'll have to get creative and think of other parties to go to (Scottish or otherwise) so that you can "dress" and not have any issues with you wife :)

take care
Rachel

Dragster
01-21-2009, 06:59 PM
Thanks for all your replies,
For those who've never eaten haggis, you don't know what you've missed.

Yes it's cooked in a stomach, but you don't eat it! It's a sheep's stomach, not cow's, as carolinebrookes pointed out, and tastes even better if the wee dram is poured into the haggis!!

When I "address" the haggis with the words of Rabbie Burns, I take great delight in stabbing it firmly, and forcing out some of the contents with my knife to the words "cut ye up with ready slice, Trenchin' your gushing entrails bright....." Not the behaviour you'd expect of someone wearing a "skirt" eh!!

Shaved legs Darla? Pantyhose and heels Paulacder and Joanne Wheeler? If you knew my wife's attitude to CDing, you wouldn't ask!

Yes Denise, it doesn't flow like a skirt, but it really sways if you swing your hips, and if you don't want to display everything, don't turn round too quickly either! There is a lot to sweep under when you sit down too, and it gets all bunched up if you don't! Now I know another reason why I prefer tight pencil skirts!

"What is worn under the kilt?" asks Susan and Mary Morgan. Absolutely nothing; it's all in perfect working order! I checked it myself this morning! Although I'd prefer lipstick, as Susan's friend suggested!

Hi Rachel, I bet you thought my luck had changed!! Not a chance, but you're right, I felt as though I was half way there. We are going to another Burns evening on Sunday (the correct day), and I'm wearing it again; my wife's OK if I wear anything that is obviously masculine. I'd love to go to a vicars and tarts party though, with her the vicar and me the tart, but that's so far off the radar, it's over the horizon! I can dream though....

Tony