PDA

View Full Version : Is calling you guys ok?(not sure so sorry if not)

curse within
01-19-2009, 11:21 PM
I am just curious about something that has bothered me for awhile..No I didn't lose sleep over because it really wasn't a big deal I just never expieranced something like this before.

I do ulitlity work as I was called to install service to what use to be a Snowbird resort R.V. park there are two of them accross the street from each other and they a very large combine prolly over 1000 spaces.
Un benounced to me these parks where purchased by a group called R.Ving women..They installed security gates and posted guards at the entrance..

So I stopped at the gate the guard ask my business as it was obvious why and who I work for is a very large utility company..I told the guard I was there to install service for lot so and so..I was held at the gate until the I guess Manager approached me ..She/he asked if there was anyway the company could send out a female because Males were not allowed in the park..

I called my dispatch to inform them of the fix I was in only to tell the manager that it was against company policy to do something they have asked for us to do..We have to obey not only local but federal laws and that would break or could because they were not astablised wasn't sure a diversity binding only allowing females access to areas that were not reconized as a single gender zone..

First why would they not want a guy to do utility work? I know it is private property but they would have to buy the utility up in the parks and set up a location that ties into ours outside of the park .. Have you ever heard of this?

brylram
01-20-2009, 04:12 AM
If the group was called RVing WOMEN, then the members were all female, and the more masculine ones were probably lesbians or simply masculine hetero women (which do exist). Most of the members on the ftm parts of this site are transsexual MEN (or boys) and calling us guys is most definately the right thing to do.

The majority of mtf members are just crossdressers. But like I said, very few ftm members are. We're men here, just born with the wrong bodies.

As for the rest of it, I really don't have a clue.... :\

NOTE: I'm guessing the person you refered to as she/he was a masculine looking but clearly female-bodied member of this group... if that's the case, then you should only refer to them using female pronouns. Female-only groups would likely not let any men in, even transsexual ones... although I am aware of the hypocrisy of some of those groups.

curse within
01-20-2009, 11:20 AM
Yes the one that approached me was a female but had a male build as well as look.. I never was placed in a situation like that and felt prejudice towards me it was awkward.. RVing Women seem to be well off to purchase 2 large resorts and also fill them with 250,000 dollars each R.V.s. I would assume some education would have helped fuel this..

To say the least I was very happy for such a group ,RVing Women to form a community. In my opinion and the way the world is sometimes, it is needed to have such a community to live in peace without hate and fear.. To make a long story short the community after awhile did allow male workers in ,I'm guessing not only the company I worked for but others wouldn't just send female workers to their community... It was like working in a average work enviroment other than I could feel or sence the years of abuse some had to face from being mis understood as they seemed to have had a chip on thier shoulders..

I still do work in these parks that was almost ten years ago when I first visited them the security gates have been removed during the day no guard is posted at them and the RVing Women are involved with the community(town) they choose to live in sponsering events and charitys.

Nicki B
01-20-2009, 01:09 PM
I'm puzzled as to why you posted this here, for this audience? :idontknow:

It does seem disrespectful..

curse within
01-20-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm puzzled as to why you posted this here, for this audience? :idontknow:

It does seem disrespectful..

No disrespect intended as it seems you are the only one who see's it at that and besides who assigned you as my keeper?

I am trying to have guy talk here about a community I experianced something you wouldn't know nothing about .. It's a story about a community that united and through thier strength in numbers became very successfull.. I thought if anything, one or a few of these members would have heard of this group.. So thanks for yet another smudge on what was once a clean slate of a thread..This isn't the world according to Nicki to point out something he feels I am doing wrong ..I was merely trying to start up a conversation with the members in this group ..Sorry guys this was the last thing I wanted to do here was RANT because some memebers feel they need to be my keeper.

I will not return here anymore if you feel this was disrespectfull in anyway..