PDA

View Full Version : Another "imagination" poll!

docrobbysherry
01-20-2009, 10:16 AM
Maybe with a twist!?

I know MANY of u dress to express WHO U R! And, some us dress to become SOMEONE ELSE! Let's ignore that issue for the moment.

FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS POLL, TRY TO IMAGINE THE FOLLOWING:

That when u dolled yourself up to the max, U looked GORGEOUS IN THE MIRROR, AND TO EVERYONE ELSE! Not OK, not good, not pretty, not, "maybe I can pass?",
I MEAN DROP DEAD GORGEOUS! With the figure and looks of say, a Charlize, or Brittany, or whoever u think is super hot!:daydreaming:

NOW, let's ALSO IMAGINE to look that good, would require quite extra effort, and time to complete your transformation into this fantasy Goddess! Let's say, AT LEAST, one and a half hours!:eek:

Anyway, if you're still with me, here's the POLL QUESTION:

Would u be willing to put in the time and effort to look THAT good?

And, if so, how OFTEN would be willing to do that?

( There's a point to all this, which I'll get to later!:D)

Petra Bellejambes
01-20-2009, 10:30 AM
I suspect after a year of people fainting dead around me and random marriage proposals I would probably take it down to once a month. A girl could only take so much adulation before warping ones very stable and positive self image.

Or not ....

Alana65
01-20-2009, 10:45 AM
If I had the ability to look gorgeous like Charlize Theron (especially with less than 2 hrs of effort :daydreaming:), I would definitely "do myself up" more than once a week.

Lorileah
01-20-2009, 11:00 AM
Daily and look for a job where I could get it to pay off....Is LeCage hiring?

ProjectLisaCD
01-20-2009, 11:12 AM
One and a half hour? That's what it takes for me when going out in drab. If I could do that en femme it would probably take at least double that time.

If I could pass that well as a girl I would probably do it more than once a week.

Karren H
01-20-2009, 11:35 AM
Drop Dead Gorgeous is an asumtote I've never been able to reach.. Afraid I'd drop dead trying to get to DDG.. Lol. If in not ready to go out enfemme in 30 minutes then I staying in and playing with my makeup for hours and hours.. Usually for some competition... But I'd do it every week or less if I could.. Maybe not every day..

Kelli Michelle
01-20-2009, 11:41 AM
It takes me between 30-45 mins now to look stunning ( well, actually the opposite of stunning but I am ok with that--lol), so a little more time wouldn't throw me off as long as I didn't have to do it in a car!!:thumbsup:

Bethany_Anne_Fae
01-20-2009, 03:18 PM
I love dresing up to the nines, but once a week would be enough for me.

*hugs*

Zarabeth

Kate Simmons
01-20-2009, 03:51 PM
Always did RS. Usually took me about an hour. This was when I did shows or numbers though mostly. Just going out normally took me 30 mins. tops.:)

geri-tg.
01-20-2009, 04:53 PM
For me it would be about once a week.It takes the better part of an hour for me no matter what mode I am in.I am sure that would become at least one and a half hours for me to get ready.:daydreaming:

Tamera
01-20-2009, 04:59 PM
I am always experimenting with my eyes, and looking at other GG's eye makeup as well.

I would love to do this more than once a week. I just wish I had Heather Locklears makeup artist to go with it. She is my favorite.
Hugs,
Tamera

Carole Cross
01-20-2009, 05:11 PM
I chose once a week, although it would probably frequently be more than once a week depending on how many dates Ii get offered, LOL. It normally takes about two hours to geat ready, so to look gorgeous in an hour and a half will never happen. :sad:

Joanne f
01-20-2009, 05:17 PM
Interesting question,
First of all i would have to have a hell of an imagination to get to that point, firstly because of the one obvious reason and secondly because that is just not the way i think (which is just as well ) and i am interested to see what others will say because i have a suspicion that there could be a cultural influence on this.

Tomara
01-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Hi Doc

Are you selling magic wands ?

That is what it would take to transform me to be DDG , but with that said if it was possible to be DDG in a similar amount of time as a GG spends on getting ready I would be happy with a once a week outing !

Tomara

Sam-antha
01-20-2009, 05:52 PM
Given somewhere good to be seen and the time to be there, then once a week max.
But I had better enjoy the show.
~Samm

Billijo49504
01-20-2009, 06:34 PM
I agree with Karren. "Drop Dead Gorgeous is an asumtote I've never been able to reach.. Afraid I'd drop dead trying to get to DDG.. Lol." At almost 62 yrs old, drop dean gorgeous is out of the question, but I do dress regularly, just to feel like I want to. Actually, with most of my clothes from women's stores, I guess I sorta CD every day...BJ

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-20-2009, 07:52 PM
I went with once a week. If I had magical powers and could snap my fingers and poof - I was all made up in girl-mode, I'd probably choose more often, maybe even daily. But because it takes quite a while for me to do the whole deal from head to toe, once a week would be good for me. At least it would be good in that fictitious society that accepted cders and where I could actually pass! :)

Hermione Simpson
01-21-2009, 03:41 AM
if i could look absolutely stunning, it'll have to be more than once a week

rustynail
01-21-2009, 04:27 AM
I would want GGs to think I looked gorgeous, I'm not interested in the attentions of other men

erickka
01-21-2009, 07:41 AM
I still like my guy side a whole lot, but I think a total doll up once a week for a night out would be a total blast. Beautiful dress, exquisite makeup and hair, killer stilettos.......Hmmmmmm Also, Too old??? how about Cher or Tina Turner... Both in their 60's and looking FABULOUS!!!

Jocelyn Quivers
01-21-2009, 08:22 AM
If I could look gorgeous outside of controlled lighting and camera conditions, I would dress in my Sunday's best once a month or at the most every other week. That way it always remains special and does not become routine for me.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-21-2009, 10:00 AM
Once a week is about all I could work into my schedule
JoAnne Wheeler

Samantha43
01-21-2009, 11:29 AM
An hour and a half to be drop dead gorgeous? That would be wonderful! I spend two hours now just trying to look marginally passable.

I voted for once a week......I would have to limit myself. Being drop dead gorgeous could get addictive!

Lorileah
01-21-2009, 11:34 AM
Since I got the compressor and the roller make-up is a breeze.

No really, to get effect of my photo shoot pictures, 45 minutes to an hour at worst (including nails and hair). For a night on the town, about 30 minutes and around the house as little as 15 (mostly lips and eyes)

Lisa Golightly
01-21-2009, 11:38 AM
Like Samantha 1.5hrs is not enough time... That just covers a bath and hair wash. Once a week I have a big night out... and on average I'd say it takes 3 to 4 hours to get ready. As for being stunning... well the older I get the more faults I see... Still one of my friends told me his girlfriend is quite jealous of me, which tbh I found quite incomprehensible.

MaryAnn40c
01-21-2009, 03:34 PM
If I could pull it off I would do it more than once a week then start looking for a job that I like doing.

NicoleScott
01-21-2009, 08:41 PM
It takes me an hour and a half to look as good as I'm going to look, but that's an hour and a half of enjoyment. I love the process of putting on makeup and getting dressed. And I have done it several times in a week. But not every week. Dressup opportunities are harder and harder to get. But when I do get the chance, I always go for the works, the max, the ultimate I can be.

danacd96
01-22-2009, 02:22 AM
I would definately go for several times a week! It generally takes me one hour from the time I get out of the shower, do my make-up, nails and hair anyway. Another half hour no problem. I just love the whole process. Not to mention the fact I tend to be vain also. So sign me up!!!:):):)

Sally24
01-22-2009, 06:53 AM
I'd do it at least once a week if I could spare the family time. Reality tells me that a few times a month are the best I can do.

BTW, with shaving and all, 2 hours minimum!

KateLongman27
01-22-2009, 01:28 PM
If I could look absolutely stunning with everyone else wanting me!?, maybe once a year for the elusive IT girl label.

Maybe more however this isn't going to happen!