PDA

View Full Version : Its a jungle out there

Nigella
01-20-2009, 03:32 PM
I have no doubt that this thread will either die a death or get closed, just because it is so inflamatory but here goes.

Reading through some of the threads on this forum, you can tell it is dominated mainly by GMs. Despite all our protestations that we are "in touch" with out female side, there is so much testosterone flying about that you can smell it.

There are those who just cannot accept that everyone has the same rights and priviledges and just want to be the ALPHA MALE.

Instead of accepting and debating others posts or threads SOME just cannot accept a point of view different from their own and then its "all out war"

When we have this type of behaviour it is small wonder that we cannot be accepted by others, at times we cannot accept our own.

Lisa Golightly
01-20-2009, 03:40 PM
Actually I've always thought the dominate character on this forum was a GG... and as a believer in the matriarchal social structure over patriarchal that's all right and proper... I think in many cases people post in order to read others agreeing with their views, when this doesn't happen things can get heated. However, that's a phenomenon that's not merely restricted to boys... :)

JoAnne Wheeler
01-20-2009, 03:40 PM
According to my lab tests, I have a very small amount of Testosterone - I hope my Feminine Hormones make up my deficite - I do not want to be the Alpha Male ----- now the Alpha female - ?????
JoAnne Wheeler

Kate Simmons
01-20-2009, 03:46 PM
I agree Nigella. Curious phenomenon this, no?:battingeyelashes:

Deborah Jane
01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Nicely said Nigella.
I,ve hung out in "guy" circles that often had less testosterone flying about than i sometimes see on here.

It would sometimes seem here, that to differ from from the majority view you are often in danger of getting "burned".

If we learn to accept that everyone here has the right to their own views and respect that fact, maybe in time we will become stronger and more accepting of ourselves and then others away from this forum will accept us too!

Theres a place for the alpha male mentality and somewhere where you,re trying to show you are in touch with your female side is not it!!

mykhelee
01-20-2009, 03:50 PM
I tend to agree with Lisa on this. Beliefnet is another fine example of a site that you get flamed on if you don't agree with the majority viewpoint. As a crossdressing Pagan sometimes they want to throw me to the lions. Most of the time people become cross with someone that does not agree with their point of view it is because they cannot come up with anything better than "because" to defend their own point of view.
Peace Out:2c:

Lorileah
01-20-2009, 04:01 PM
Took me awhile to figure out what GM meant, was wondering why Ford and Chrysler wasn't represented.

I guess I don't dig as deeply as you do in these posts. Or maybe I just don't read the thread you mention. I don't see a huge amount of narrow-mindedness. One of my first posts I was accused of it when I made a generalization on "drag queens" so now I am more careful.

In regard to the "alpha male" part, in many animal groups it is an alpha female who controls the group. The alpha male relegated to the defense and reproduction aspects while the alpha female controls the daily activity and often the survivability of the group. I think in many ways this forum is the same.

LaurenInDC
01-20-2009, 04:31 PM
Nigella,

You make some EXCELLENT points. How many threads that compain about Spouse/SO/Girlfriend begin with I did, I said, I just want, MY feelings? A GG on this forum who asked similar questions in the same manner would likely get flamed pretty quick. A little self-examination never hurts, yet those whose posts tend to demand it are the ones most frequently ostracized by the group... The dynamics of Human behavior at work... :D

jessielee
01-20-2009, 04:46 PM
while spats happen, you'll notice that many here are peacemakers or at least retiring when it comes to conflict. this is not to assume that ggs are or should be that way.
but, sadly, while growing up, how often the gentle, non assertive, non aggressive boys were called all manner of names.
it seems there are many alpha females in the real world, both human and among other creatures. and there are some things just not worth getting worked up over, imo.

kristinacd55
01-20-2009, 04:50 PM
I'm guessing GM is genetic males. Took me awhile to get that-can't we all just get along? Good point about too much testosterone flying around though.....maybe a little too much estrogen? :)

carhill2mn
01-20-2009, 05:49 PM
Although, there are times when I would agree with you, I respectfully disagree with you that it is prevalent on this site. There are a few individuals on some other sites that, even though they claim to be TS, are still quite "Alpha male" sounding in their posts (they also are frequent posters). Of course, some GWs also display "Alpha male" tendencies at times.
A CD friend of mine and I have discussed this very issue at times. We both experienced it at a local Tri-Ess group some years ago.
There is a very large variety of people on a site as large as this. Just as in society at large, "one size does not fit all". One can read a post and decide whether or not she agrees or disagrees with the opinion posted.

Debutante
01-20-2009, 08:49 PM
I am learning the best feminine ways of openness, tolerance, sharing of feelings... women have a lot to teach us. If you want to emulate a woman, other than in dress and appearance -- try these things too.

Jenniferpl
01-20-2009, 09:11 PM
One point I often see is in responses from girls with a male brains believing that since they are dressed and act female they are females but in fact they still have the male brain. Example is the the thread what profession would you choose. Most GG's would not choose many of the professions us girls listed.

My accepting wife has told me more than once that I may being wearing female clothing and makeup but I still think like a male. To be true girlfriend to her I would probably have to take some serious drugs to change how my brain operates, which I am not willing to do.

Billijo49504
01-20-2009, 10:08 PM
Nigella, my best advice to you, is to wear your bullet proof underwear, and carry a big unbrella, so everything just runs off. If you ask for advice, you will get it. And every one has their own perspective on a subject. So you look at everyone advice and decide what works for you. But take any advice for what it cost you, NOTHING!! Good luck and hang around, it's only life...BJ

And I forgot, for Jennifer, if you are theone I've talked to before, I agree with your wife.....BJ

JenniferR771
01-20-2009, 10:27 PM
I am a different local Jennifer, but I am afraid the we can never get away from the politics of leadership. Some people want to be the top dog. And lead the rest of us. Competition for "King of the Mountain" will always be with us. I am OK with the idea, but not interested in leadership myself--and I am not much of a follower, either. I do like progress--cuter hair, taller heels, bolder exploits--don't know why--I just do.

Cassia-Marie
01-20-2009, 10:31 PM
I see a lot of opinions presented around here but I have yet to see anyone try and force their opinion on anyone else or behave in a rude or crass manner when someone disagrees with them. If anything, most people here are so very careful with what they say and sugar-coat their messages to the point that I'm sure their original intentions are somewhat lost. Yes, people here disagree at times and certainly aren't afraid to say so but itsn't that why we're all here? With something as complex as the emotions and other challenges that take place when one is a crossdresser, the last thing I want is for someone to be dishonest with me just for the sake of not hurting my feelings. I come here to hear the voices of reason and experience. If I agree with them, they're geniuses; if I disagree, well, choose whatever word you want for them. ;) But either way I listen to them and respect them for caring and taking the time to give their two cents worth. Besides, if we were all too afraid to give our opinions, this would be a pretty quiet place, dontcha think?

Or maybe I'm just not hanging out in the same threads... I don't get it.

MissConstrued
01-20-2009, 11:17 PM
Despite all our protestations that we are "in touch" with out female side, there is so much testosterone flying about that you can smell it.

Umm... news flash! We are men. I just checked. I still have testicles.

Am I supposed to be touchy-feely, lovey-dovey, and sugar & spice all the time, just because I dress like a girl sometimes?