PDA

View Full Version : Girly Anti-Super Bowl Party

Toni_Lynn
01-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Rumour has it that there is to be a really big football game in the USA that actually features one of the local teams, Stee..., oh, I can't remember who they are.

Anyway -- even though I'm a tomboy wannabee (I'd much rather be out camping and hiking with the girls) -- both my wife and I hate sports. So while superbowl parties are going on, we are going to have an anti-superbowl party -- a testosterone free zone!

We figured that we get into our girly jammies and and watch a chick-flick. But there has to be more fun things to do. So what do you propose for an girly anti-super bowl party?

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Billijo49504
01-20-2009, 06:19 PM
I'd just as soon watch black and white reruns of Gun Smoke as watch the stupid Bowl. JMHO....BJ
ps. With all the money they charge for tickets, seems like they could afford a ball for both teams to play with. Then they wouldn't have to fight over the one:tongueout

Debutante
01-20-2009, 06:32 PM
Oh wow! Count me in! I hate Superbowls and and all that guy stuff too...
Now -- a party i can really enjoy! :)

Karren H
01-20-2009, 06:35 PM
And what's wrong with pink Steelers gear any way?? You can still support your team and be cute at the same time!!! :)

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/karrenhutton/pinkben.jpg

Maria2222
01-20-2009, 06:36 PM
You can kick me around a little bit if you want. I love professional football. It's one of the few things I watch on TV.
I haven't missed a super bowl in over 40 years.
:)

Christina Horton
01-20-2009, 06:53 PM
Try a full sleep over.Invite your wife's friends and say your the ginnie pig to turn you into to a girl for the night. Does her friends know your dress.well. Do each others make up and all the girly things girls do at sleep overs. that would be fun. If they don't know tell them that when your made up they are to treat you as a woman fully. I think that would be sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fun. good luck. HUGGS :hugs: :canada:

Prissy Linda
01-20-2009, 07:25 PM
What is a SuperBowl? Is that like a large ToiletBowl?:tongueout

docrobbysherry
01-20-2009, 07:36 PM
You're going to stay at home? On one of the few days all year that u can go to:

A fine restaurat.
The movies.
Shopping in any store in town.
Go to the beach, or mountains, or desert.
Go to Disneyland or your local amusement park.

And, almost NOBODY will be there! Which means u can even go enfem, if u like! :)

Because Karen and I, and most of the other sports nuts, and their SO's, in the US, will be stuck in front of a TV screen somewhere!

Karen, I see your STEEL CURTAIN, and raise u a CURT WARNER!:heehee:

VeronicaMoonlit
01-20-2009, 08:48 PM
You're going to stay at home? On one of the few days all year that u can go to:.........And, almost NOBODY will be there!

Very insightful, I never thought of Super Sunday that way. I'm yet another one who doesn't watch sports.

Veronica
Rondelle (Ron) Rogers Jr.

Kate Simmons
01-20-2009, 08:51 PM
A high stakes poker game with the boys and beer and cigars comes to mind Hon.;):heehee:

Jodi
01-20-2009, 08:52 PM
Toni, Don't say that too loud. You will get run out of the "Burg" on a rail.

At your party, be sure to serve some Pittsburgh Surf & Turf. To the uninitiated, Pittsburgh surf & turf is kielbasse and carp.

Jodi

Samantha B L
01-20-2009, 08:58 PM
Watch DVD's instead. Xena and "To Wong Foo Thanks For Everything Julie Newmar".

StephanieT
01-20-2009, 08:59 PM
Don't say that to my wife, she is a big football fan. Plus the commercials are better than the game.

Karren Hutton, the Steelers will lose. Your Pink jersy has just doomed them. Go Cards. My wife is also a Warner fan as he went to her Catholic High School in Cedar Rapids Iowa. Go Regis High School

Tina P Hose
01-20-2009, 09:00 PM
I can understand the HOOPLA of the so called Super Bowl. BUT, being a fan of the NFL, (laugh at me I am a Chiefs fan), I look forward to this game. With all due respect to the STEELERS, I am pulling for the Chicago, St. Louis, Phoenix, Arizona CARDINALS.....Go Kurt Warner !!!!

joann07
01-20-2009, 09:41 PM
Superbowl! I thought it was cancelled?
Oh well.
I'd rather be shopping and doing girly stuff anyway!

Hugs!

justmetoo
01-20-2009, 11:23 PM
You're going to stay at home? On one of the few days all year that u can go to:

A fine restaurat.
The movies.
Shopping in any store in town.
Go to the beach, or mountains, or desert.
Go to Disneyland or your local amusement park.

Quite right! :D A great day to go out and about.

rachel_rachel
01-20-2009, 11:37 PM
That's like the AFL grand final here.... As kids our grandma used to take us to the royal show on grand final day.. no queues for the rides, food, or showbags.. If our team was playing chances were back then we'd be there though. Real estate agents hate grand final day as well, most the go to aution on that day are passed in, open houses are poorly attended, (my parents know about that one!) and it seems that everything else shuts down right on 12pm.

Carin's Wife GG
01-21-2009, 12:30 AM
I am a GG and a super girly girl and I adore football (and rugby!). I am really hoping the Cardinals beat those Steelers (sorry Karren!).

All three of my big boys played football from when they were little all the way through High School. I really miss those Friday night games.

Louise.

Babette
01-21-2009, 08:21 AM
Superbowl???? Do people still go bowling?

Babette

queenie
01-21-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm pretty girly and yet I still love football! Go Cardinals! If they win it will be a Cinderella story, and who doesn't love Cinderella? LOL

You could do a mani/pedi party or a makeup party. That would be loads of fun. Try out all your colors and experiment with different looks and such.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-21-2009, 09:36 AM
Hey KARREN, where can I get one of those PINK STEELERS outfits like you have - a Steelers fan - what could be better than PINK ?

JoAnne Wheeler

DameErrant
01-21-2009, 09:42 AM
Superbowl! I thought it was cancelled?
Oh well.
I'd rather be shopping and doing girly stuff anyway!

Hugs!

I live in DC where the Superbowl is regarded as just the final party of the
O-nauguration! But here inside the Beltway they have a weird perspective anyway.

edit/p.s. When I first posted this I wrote that I live in CD! What a Yungian slip! But it's still a very pretty slip, and matches my hose and heels.

Sara Jessica
01-21-2009, 09:44 AM
There's nothing that says a girl can't enjoy sports.

If only I was in a place where I could attend a Superbowl party in girl mode, being comfortably casual & chic of course.....sigh.

Hate to say this Karren, go Cardinals!!!

kristinacd55
01-21-2009, 09:59 AM
I missed one when I was in Costa Rica a few years back. It was quite refreshing actually, all they had on the tele was a football game (soccer in these here parts) :)

kristinacd55
01-21-2009, 10:01 AM
I am a GG and a super girly girl and I adore football (and rugby!). I am really hoping the Cardinals beat those Steelers (sorry Karren!).

All three of my big boys played football from when they were little all the way through High School. I really miss those Friday night games.

Louise.
I used to love watching my daughter play basketball, more of a social event with the other parents although we'd really get into the games 2!

Tashee
01-21-2009, 01:37 PM
That's where I was an anomaly no matter what I was doing. Be it a pursuit a training exercise, working out, watching my favorite sport or show. I always felt like a girl doing it. The parameters of thought or a show something considered masculine or fem never influenced me much about whom I felt that I was.

OK I say this past 27 years of age.. Whatever I do. I Do it and enjoy as me and in some way that I can not explain that was is feminine.

My clothes, hair and make up have zero bearing on it. Its kinda like my wife saying T I did not feel like a girl Last Sunday at the Super Bowl. Even tho I enjoyed NOT doing my hair, eating like a glutton, swearing like a cop. etc.

Nor do my friends have any idea how my brain processes enjoyment. and how what we wear has any bearing on it also.

I did have a point in here. I did!!

Think it got lost. Oh well.

My Predict:daydreaming: Pitt 34
Pretty Cardinals led by Curt---My League MVP Cards17

Then again Tashees Mvp's. Curt, Ben, Peyton, Why vote? wait until the season is thru. Rookie QB MVP went to Matt I have IT Ryan. Shoulda went to Joey I made Tashee eat her words Flacco..

Treat each other well. We need each and everyone of us. United we will win.
Divided the world will eat us alive.
Be nice to each other. our future depends on it and on us.

Sorry I lost my point!:love: I am sorry.

SherriePall
01-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Karren -- I can't believe that pink jersey! Love it. This year I will be watching most of the game since Pittsburgh is in it. Don't forget the last time the Cardinals won the title, someone from NE Pa. helped them win (Charley Trippi from Pittston). I don't see anyone from up here on the roster this year, so....

tricia_uktv
01-21-2009, 04:01 PM
I'm trying to organise a Superbowl party for t-girls and I'm English. Its not just the football ...

Shari
01-21-2009, 04:35 PM
Sounds like sour grapes from a Browns fan.

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!

How could anyone not possibly LOVE football?

Michelle8
01-21-2009, 04:54 PM
Here we go steelers.I'll have my pink Troy polamalu jersey
on rooting like crazy for the Steelers.We can't lose with
all these western pa. girls cheering

Toni_Lynn
01-21-2009, 05:57 PM
I dunno girls -- I am sooooo not into it. In fact, I was going to order ESPN on my satellite and then at the last minute I discovered that it doesn't stand for Exquisitely Silky Panty Network.

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Jenny J
01-22-2009, 12:28 AM
That's where I was an anomaly no matter what I was doing. Be it a pursuit a training exercise, working out, watching my favorite sport or show. I always felt like a girl doing it. The parameters of thought or a show something considered masculine or fem never influenced me much about whom I felt that I was.

OK I say this past 27 years of age.. Whatever I do. I Do it and enjoy as me and in some way that I can not explain that was is feminine.

My clothes, hair and make up have zero bearing on it. Its kinda like my wife saying T I did not feel like a girl Last Sunday at the Super Bowl. Even tho I enjoyed NOT doing my hair, eating like a glutton, swearing like a cop. etc.

Nor do my friends have any idea how my brain processes enjoyment. and how what we wear has any bearing on it also.

I did have a point in here. I did!!

Think it got lost. Oh well.

My Predict:daydreaming: Pitt 34
Pretty Cardinals led by Curt---My League MVP Cards17

Then again Tashees Mvp's. Curt, Ben, Peyton, Why vote? wait until the season is thru. Rookie QB MVP went to Matt I have IT Ryan. Shoulda went to Joey I made Tashee eat her words Flacco..

Treat each other well. We need each and everyone of us. United we will win.
Divided the world will eat us alive.
Be nice to each other. our future depends on it and on us.

Sorry I lost my point!:love: I am sorry.

Sorry Tashee, closer game than that (a defensive struggle) but the Steelers will prevail. 21-17.

See you on the 50 yard line. I'll be the one with the pom poms.

Jen

:rose2:

Intertwined
01-22-2009, 12:36 AM
IF, your going to watch a movie, watch my families favorite movie " The Women " 1939 black and white, with Norma Shearer, Joan Crawford, Rosalind Russell and many more stars. There is NOT one male on screen, it is said, even all the animals on screen were female.

Here is a link to 7 minute set of clips from the movie on You Tube, some of the more witty moments
The Women - Witty Moments (1939)
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX9Y40efqAY&feature=related)

marny
01-22-2009, 12:41 AM
I've had Sure Bowl parties for years. Nobody knows who's playing and nobody cares. It is just an excuse to get together and BBQ and have some fun! :drink:

Tashee
01-22-2009, 07:40 AM
Sorry Tashee, closer game than that (a defensive struggle) but the Steelers will prevail. 21-17.

See you on the 50 yard line. I'll be the one with the pom poms.

Jen

I will be the girl squeezed in tight. Lord I gotto lose some weight..I'll be there waiting for you I will be tucked in next to this:brolleyes::daydreaming:person

T 34 -17
J 21-17--both Pitt.

Bring pom poms for me. BTW I always wanted to be a Raider cheerleader. I like what they wear. Or should I say I like what they do not wear. Chargers too have some pretty girls.:hugs:

Jenny J
01-22-2009, 10:06 AM
No, No, No; please not the Raiders. Don't like anything about them. Chargers, a definate YES. Lived there, Liked it there, Liked them, want to look like them! Cheerleaders that is. :cheer:

Just remember, you'll be selected out of the crowd and have your 15 seconds of fame :bow:on National TV so please wear something really nice.:cute:

I'll keep a sharp eye.

Jen

Tashee
01-22-2009, 10:10 AM
Blushing.:eek:

That means retail therapy is in order. Lets get saddled up and do what it is we do best. Go shopping. Lets Rock.:hugs:

Jenny J
01-22-2009, 10:17 AM
Yee Haw! :yahoo:Got my double barreled credit cards ready and some really cool riding boots. Nothing better than a couple of girls out on a shopping spree.

"Excuse me miss, do you have this in my size?" :ohgoon:

Jen

Tashee
01-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Yee Haw! :yahoo:Got my double barreled credit cards ready and some really cool riding boots. Nothing better than a couple of girls out on a shopping spree.

"Excuse me miss, do you have this in my size?" :ohgoon:

Jen

I rode en femme a few times.......Nails done make up on. hair done oh so perdy..

Just me the mare and the trail..... what a wonderful time..

The Mare could care less what my face looked like---Now maybe the Gelding woulda been jealous..hahahaha--humor....

kymmieLorain
01-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Count me in on any anti-football what ever. I hate football. only reason I go to our collage game is for the band. I have never liked football.

Kymmie

Christina Nicole
01-22-2009, 03:14 PM
How could anyone not possibly LOVE football?

It's boring. Run this way. Run that way. Knock someone down. Big deal. There is no point to that childishness.

rachellegsep
01-22-2009, 04:42 PM
American Football something like Rugby but with padding and crash helmets :heehee:

PamelaTX
01-22-2009, 05:15 PM
I don't need to watch the Super Bowl, because my wife, who loves sports, will give me all the highlights.

Annette49
01-22-2009, 05:59 PM
I went to the AFC Championship game last Sunday night; what a blast that was. I would not miss the game for anything; though I really need to find one of those pink Steeler Jerseys.

Annette

Sarasometimes
01-22-2009, 10:32 PM
I agree with the others that doing each others nails and hair would be nice. You shouldn't find too many men at the mall if you want to shop before the movie. I think 27 Dresses might be a choice or the remake of The Women, with Meg Ryan (She can wear any hairstyle imaginable and look hot). Don't forget your makeup either.
Enjoy and although my team sort of shot itself in the leg and lost early in the playoffs, I have to say I am pulling for the Cardigans, I meant Cardinals for the Cinderella reason stated before. Hey Toni, that reminds me, shoe shopping is always fun. You could then cheer for the Pittsburgh "Heelers".
I must say I do like the pink jersey, Karren.

Billijo49504
01-22-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm from Michigan and we have the losing Lions, so the season is over for us. Time to watch the RedWings...BJ

Karren H
01-22-2009, 11:35 PM
Go Steelers .............. Polka!!

OZx3ZH7GUtE

BrittneySmith
01-22-2009, 11:52 PM
Karen, you are amazing, but the Cardinals are going to win. I live in Tempe, and I drive by the Cardinals training complex twice a day on my way to work. They are the real deal, and have loads of talent, Fitzgerald, Warner, Boldin, O-line, D-line, they have the total package.

The hype around this game here in the Valley of the Sun is amazing.

GO CARDS!!!!!

Sarahwithanh11
01-23-2009, 12:17 AM
It's actually very logical when you break it down scientifically...

Troy Polamalu plays for Pittsburgh, while Deuce Lutui and Matt Leinart play for Arizona. But Polamalu is an all-pro, while Lutui is still learning and Leinart is stuck on the bench. That makes Polamalu the best Trojan alumn in the game.

Therefore the Steelers will win.

Fight On!

Karren H
01-23-2009, 06:23 PM
I went to the AFC Championship game last Sunday night; what a blast that was. I would not miss the game for anything; though I really need to find one of those pink Steeler Jerseys.

Annette

Bought mine in Morgantown last year... They do have simular pink ones at the South Hills Village mall!!

Ohh yeah!!! Not with fan's like the Steelers Nation!! Check out my new Steelers socks... my new Steelers Earrings and matching necklace!! They were sold out os Steelers panties so guess I'll have to wear my old ones!! lol GO STEELERS!!!

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n175/karrenhutton/steelerssocks.jpg

Karen, you are amazing, but the Cardinals are going to win. I live in Tempe, and I drive by the Cardinals training complex twice a day on my way to work. They are the real deal, and have loads of talent, Fitzgerald, Warner, Boldin, O-line, D-line, they have the total package.

The hype around this game here in the Valley of the Sun is amazing.

GO CARDS!!!!!

Awww I'm sorry..... The Cardinal's can't come to the phone right now!!! lol

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1188/1042086443_ea4a778144.jpg

Nicole Erin
01-23-2009, 07:50 PM
I hope that one team wins, yeah and I hope that other team loses.
ummmm, yeah...

I really tried to get into football but I just don't give a rat's ass.

justmetoo
01-23-2009, 11:32 PM
So, is this super bowl thing happening this weekend? (just trying to plan my weekend of shopping... :lol:)