PDA

View Full Version : Toronto Outing

Susan4
01-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Well ... the pink fog came on this week. Yesterday, was a prep day. I was having lunch with an old friend on the Danforth - a late lunch since both of us wanted to hear the inaugural address. In the morning, I got my nails done .... and bought a pair of snow boots at a store on the Danforth (2 blocks east of Main Street) that specializes in large sizes. Max, it turns out, is XD friendly - very much so - and helped me get a great pair of boots, size 13, WW with a 2 inch heel. I've been wearing them in guy mode, under my jeans, but they look even better with a skirt. Anyway, at lunch, I showed a picture to a long time friend of me at Halloween - just to see her reaction. She asked wear I had my makeup done and before I could think I said MAC. Obviously, she got the message it was a bit more involved than a normal Halloween costume. Anyway, it went well. She didn't even comment on the 'cowboy boots' I was wearing (smile). I then did some clothes shopping en drab and called it a day.

Anyway ... today was the big day. I left home when it was still dark wearing my forms, a low cut white top, a black overdress with a skirt that ended just above the knees, black pantyhose, boy cut panties and my new boots. I did my makeup in the car, added earrings, a watch, neckless and my wig and I was good to go.

I had to kill a bit of time ... so, I went through the Timmy's drive through and got 'mammed' - more in surprised politeness, I think. But, I'll take it.

I drove to Pennington's (I'm not small), having transferred my stuff to a clutch purse and walked in. The two SAs couldn't have been more happy to see me. I bought a winter coat, a scarf ... and tried on all sorts of sale clothes. Nothing much to buy ... it's pretty picked over, but got some great sweaters and tops at 50% off.

Wearing my new coat out of the store, I wandered around the mall. I love the cold air over the tops of the boots ... a first for me. I've never had real boots before. Anyway, no one batted an eye. I bought some stuff at Hallmark ... some make up ... wandered around. Cool.

I then drove down to the water's edge to read for a while. After that, more shopping in another mall and lunch. Lunch was the first place that people reacted to me. Every other store treated me just like any other female customer. Having said that, the restaurant was fine. I sat down read my book, ate my lunch. It's just that the counter staff had big grins (they were young) not evil grins ... just, wow, this is different.

When I finished my lunch, I got something to go and a couple of them feel over themselves to serve me and say hi. I may go back. Best of all they had a unisex bathroom. It was a perfect place to restore myself before heading home.

No parties, no clubbing ... nothing special. Boring in all respects. But for me a perfect and relaxing day. I just want to wander around, as me, looking the way I feel comfortable and want to look. It was great.

Thanks for listening ...

Hugs
Susan

Samantha B L
01-21-2009, 07:15 PM
Susan, It sounds like the time wasn't wasted and it makes a CD or anybody want to vacation in Toronto. I have a freind who travels a lot,in fact her and her guy pool their money for plane trips all over the place. Anyway,this freind of mine says there are lots of resturaunts,shops,bars,clubs and cool stuff to do in Toronto.

PamelaTX
01-21-2009, 07:46 PM
Thanks for the story, Susan. Sounds like you had a wonderful time.