PDA

View Full Version : Help! Travelling and Makeup.

Deidra Cowen
06-14-2005, 12:27 PM
I am going on a buisness trip tomorrow and will be driving the whole way since its only a State away. I am getting my courage up to dress and go shopping in fem mode while in a city where hardly anyone knows me. (baby steps...lol...i fell safer trying this first where no one can bust me!)

My question is that I will have to leave my makeup in the car (in the trunk)for extended periods while in customer sites. What will the heat do? Will it ruin my makeup. All my stuff is primarily MAC makeup if thats important.

Any of you girls experienced in traveling I would appreciate advice. I have spent a fortune on makeup and would hate to ruin it just to go out shopping for a few hours.

womantrapped2005
06-14-2005, 12:30 PM
It will probably melt I would put it somewhere in the back, somewhere where its safe, but away from heat like the trunk

Deidra Cowen
06-14-2005, 12:35 PM
Oh uh! So the trunk is out then...stash my tackle box :eek: on the floor and leave the windows cracked? Perhaps 90 degree heat? Would I be in trouble then?

womantrapped2005
06-14-2005, 12:36 PM
a tackle box? no that should be fine

Sharon
06-14-2005, 12:40 PM
How about investing in a couple freezer paks? They may keep the temp down for a few extra hours.

womantrapped2005
06-14-2005, 12:41 PM
thats a good idea sharon

Stephanie Brooks
06-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Here are a few thoughts.

Dont bring everything. Bring what you need. Select your look for the day and bring only what you need. That way you don't risk ruining everything.

Get a small cooler and ice packs. Using such, your trunk will probably be okay.

Go to the MAC website. Here's the customer service link. Contact them.

http://www.maccosmetics.com/customerservice/index.tmpl

Hope this helps. Have some fun Deidra!!!!!!

Deidra Cowen
06-14-2005, 12:43 PM
Good idea!!!! thanks sharon...a couple of hours is all i need :thumbsup:

EDIT: Fractgirl we posted at the same time :eek: ...good poiints and thanks also womantrapped!

Stephenie
06-14-2005, 02:03 PM
If your going to be in and out of the trunk invest in a fishing pole.