PDA

View Full Version : The Mormons came a knocking!

Carroll
01-21-2009, 05:49 PM
...so my wife answered it thinking it might be a friend of ours...nope. It was a few Mormons spreading thier word. She invited them in out of the cold. She told that I was her hubby having one of "my days". She chatted with them for a bit while I played a video game. They did not acknowlege me or even look at me but the one time. After they left She looks at me and bust out laughing. She said she could resist doing it and would love to have heard what they said as they walked down the road.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-21-2009, 06:55 PM
Well that was probably TWO firsts for them #1 they saw you #2 they actually got inside someone's door
JoAnne Wheeler

Nicole Erin
01-21-2009, 07:41 PM
If some door to door religious person came to my door right now I would change into something cute and ask them if their church had a problem with who I was.

Tess
01-21-2009, 08:03 PM
I guess it beats pretending your not home, but I still wouldn't want to sit through their spiel.

SirTrey
01-21-2009, 08:15 PM
When religious people come to My house to preach to Me, I just explain to them that I am transsexual and pagan....when they offer to pray for Me, I tell them, "GREAT...and I will light a candle for you, too"....This generally results in them getting away from My house as quickly as possible....and they don't come back...I wonder why......:D

Carly D.
01-21-2009, 08:22 PM
I've thought about this very thing with the jahovas witness (cult) religeous sect.. and wondered if I were to let them in while dressed up, what they might say to me.. would I be told I would burn in the firey hell or whatever.. just thinking what it would be like to meet one of these hollier then thou as it were...

Ballerina
01-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Lol, If my GF did that, I'd be rolling on the floor with her! Hope you were a good sport with it, lol

Leanne2
01-21-2009, 09:33 PM
When the Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons come to my house I try to be kind and let them tell me their message. Usually I don't agree with their philosophies but am glad that they care. If the bridge was out on a dark and stormy night I would want someone to care enough to warn me about it before I drove into the river. Leanne

Carroll
01-21-2009, 09:47 PM
Lol, If my GF did that, I'd be rolling on the floor with her! Hope you were a good sport with it, lol

I was shocked at first when she let them in, but I was laughing with afterwards

NancyTO
01-21-2009, 09:52 PM
:lol: Bahahahahah

beenherelongtime
01-21-2009, 10:48 PM
even Mormons can have raised eyebrows

Persephone
01-22-2009, 12:51 AM
When the Jehovah's Witnesses or Mormons come to my house I try to be kind and let them tell me their message. Usually I don't agree with their philosophies but am glad that they care. If the bridge was out on a dark and stormy night I would want someone to care enough to warn me about it before I drove into the river. Leanne

Beautifully said Leanne!

Niya W
01-22-2009, 01:10 AM
My mom would sit and chat with those folks. When the misquoted some thing she would correct them. She would also be like you need to read the verse above and blew what you just read to me .

Carole
01-22-2009, 01:42 AM
I trust you offered them a coffee while they were there.

Chibi~Cthulhu
01-22-2009, 07:50 AM
Having been raised in a mixed catholic and mormon family (yes i know lol) and later becoming a budhist. i tend to look at religion as more of a moral philosophy then as any real concrete system of beliefs. when others try to talk to me about religion i tend to zone out. i go my rounds with priests and preachers at home. one of my best friends is a priest that knows i am trans and accepts me for who i am. so its not the religion thats wrong but the dogma that has been inflicted on it. that said i think the world would most likely fare better without it, religion has been used to justify to many horrors and holocausts in the past for me to be able to feel comfortable. the idea that a loving diety could create a person to have to live through any of the little hells that anyone on earth could find themselves in (read this as thank god im not in darfur) strikes me as a little odd.

think ill stop there before i start spouting any of my personal beliefs though. happy to continue this in private with anyone if they are interested but i wont make others sit through it lol

Tamara Croft
01-22-2009, 07:58 AM
This isn't a forum for mocking religion, I think it is disgusting you should come here and gloat what you did and for that reason, this thread is done.