PDA

View Full Version : removing make-up

penelope fletcher
06-14-2005, 12:57 PM
hello, what is the best thing to use to remove make up, espcially mascara
soap and water or a lotion of some sort, thanks penny xxxx :)

JoAnnDallas
06-14-2005, 01:05 PM
I found that SCOTT Moist Wipes work very well and they are flushable.

GypsyKaren
06-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Hi Penelope
I use make-up removal cloths that I get at the drug store. They're pre-moistened and work great on getting everything off, including mascara. The only other way I know to get mascara off is with lotion, as water will just smear it.
GypsyKaren

penelope fletcher
06-14-2005, 01:13 PM
thanks so Moist Wipes are the things that i need to get then, Moist Wipes are they like baby wipes? +?
penny xxxx

mariej
06-14-2005, 01:15 PM
A bloody good cry usually does it fo me!!
L&P
Mariej
xx

penelope fletcher
06-14-2005, 01:18 PM
hi mariej

A bloody good cry usually does it fo me!!
but i thought that everyone used no tears mascara, or is it called no smudge +?
penny xxxx

Marla GG
06-14-2005, 01:59 PM
I don't know if they sell them in the UK, but I love Olay Daily Facial cloths. They are sold as general facial cleansing cloths, not specifically for make-up removal (you moisten them with water and then squeeze to work up a lather, gently rub off your makeup, and rinse your face when you're done). I used to use all kinds of expensive, messy, and irritating make up removal products, but since I've found these I am in heaven. They take off everything in one step, even mascara and eyeliner, they never irritate your eyes, and they even exfoliate a little. I've got Angel hooked on them too. Great to use in the shower to make extra sure that your makeup is all gone before you leave for work :)

Julie York
06-14-2005, 02:05 PM
You also need "Paranoia For Trannies". It is a lotion that doesn't do anything, but it stops you worrying sick that you missed a bit.

Tristen Cox
06-14-2005, 02:11 PM
Just a thought Penelope, there's already lots of useful information in the beauty club, why not send a request to join ;)

penelope fletcher
06-14-2005, 02:20 PM
thanks a lot for the advice about the wipes,great :) i will request for the beauty club thanks again.penny xxxx :)

Mitzi
06-14-2005, 03:07 PM
Does anyone have a way to remove lipstick without leaving telltale signs of the wiping/rubbing?

My non supportive wife claims she can always tell from the color/texture of my lips when I've been using lipstick, even though she's wrong half of the time. So, I've avoided wearing lipstick, which is actually a good thing when going out in public, since most GG's don't. But I'd like to be able to whenever.

Mitzi

penelope fletcher
06-14-2005, 03:14 PM
hi mitzi,the way that i have been removing lipstick is soap and water,sorry that is all i have to offer. penny xxxx :)

Maddie Knight
06-14-2005, 03:23 PM
Make-up remover wipes are great.
If your using soap and water don't use waterproof maskara or it will be there forever, or at least till morning when you wake up with panda eyes.

JoAnnDallas
06-14-2005, 03:24 PM
Mitzi..... I find that the moist wipes do a good job of cleaning my lips. When I used tissue I found that little stringy things form and get stuck to my lips. I was at an interview and was offered a cup of coffee while I was waitng. I dabed my mouth with the napkin and off came a RED stringy thing. I got up and asked where the bathroom was, I found aother I had missed. I had thought I had gotten my lips clean but had not. It doesn't happen when I use the wipes only if I use tissue.

penelope fletcher
06-14-2005, 03:25 PM
hi maddie,what name are the wipes that you used if you can remmeber them thanks penny xxxx :)

Rachel_740
06-14-2005, 03:34 PM
hello, what is the best thing to use to remove make up, espcially mascara
soap and water or a lotion of some sort, thanks penny xxxx :)

Hi Penny, I use one of two things for all my makeup, depending on what mood I'm in.

First choice is a 2 in 1 cleanser and toner (Superdrugs own). Put it on and rub off with the round facial pads you get in all the chemists and supermarkets. The down side of this is that it stings if you get it in your eyes.

Second choice (if I'm really tired or I'm away) is 'Simple' Cleansing Facial Wipes. You can buy these in the chemists or supermarkets.

Whichever I use, I just wipe away all my mascara, eye shadow, foundation - everything.

Anne

penelope fletcher
06-14-2005, 03:40 PM
this is great thanks anne just what i need penny xxxx :)

Maddie Knight
06-14-2005, 03:50 PM
i
'Simple' Cleansing Facial Wipes. You can buy these in the chemists or supermarkets.
These are great and also Tesco's own make are good.
I always buy for sensive skin or my face goes red and blotchie.

Rachel_740
06-14-2005, 03:52 PM
thanks a lot for the advice about the wipes,great :) i will request for the beauty club thanks again.penny xxxx :)

Penny

I don't know if your interested, but you can get a makeover not too far away if you want to see your potential. Visit Sophies (http://www.sophies.co.uk/) website and see what you think.

Anne

misty_waves
06-14-2005, 04:21 PM
I take a square of good paper towel (a good brand, like Viva, that won't fall apart) and soak it with warm/hot water. I then squirt some face wash onto it. I rub this around in my hands to get the face wash dispersed throughout the paper towel. Then I take the paper towel and starting at my forehead, wipe in one swift motion down my whole face and onto my neck. I flip the paper towel over so I have a clean side and do it to the next section, always starting at my forehead and moving downwards to my neck. This method seems to remove the majority of the makeup so that any remaining can be easily washed off in the sink or shower.

- Misty

DonnaT
06-14-2005, 06:01 PM
Noxzema works great for me, eyemakeuo, foundation, listick. Gets it all,

StephanieCD
06-14-2005, 06:09 PM
A while back I nearly had a breakdown over removing makeup - posted here about it.

Lots of recommendations but the one I happened to have on hand was baby oil... works like a charm on the eye make up for me.

I fold up some toilet paper and blot it with the oil - then hold it on my eye for a while to loosen up the eye makeup. Then I wipe wipe wipe a few times. The real trick is that after that I take a whole bunch of Q tips (ear buds) and dip them in baby oil - then, I wipe my eyelash line just like putting on eyeliner. Do the whole eyeline very carefully - spread the eyelashes looking for clumps. Wipe them away with the Qtips. Then - pull your eyelids so you can see the creepy pink part... find any little black clumps hiding in there - get them out! They'll show up later! (trust me!)

Someone here (Tamara?) said in the thread I started that I just need to take as much care taking the makeup off as I do putting it on and I'll be all set. Remember that ;)

Julie
06-14-2005, 06:24 PM
Revlon makes a creme makeup remover that works great. It doesn't hurt your eyes either.

cindybarnes
06-14-2005, 06:42 PM
St. Ives Apricot facial scrub/makeup remover is my favorite for removing eye make up,(Walmart etc) but I like Clinque liquid makeup remover for lipstick .There are plenty of non colored lip conditioners to help after cleaning up also.
Cindy

Trish
06-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Noxema works very well for removing makeup.

SuzyZahn
06-14-2005, 08:20 PM
try using olive oil girls,,,,,moisturizes and is non toxic,,,,,you`ll like it!!

Mitzi
06-14-2005, 09:03 PM
Thanks girls, I'll have to give those methods a try.

Like Cindy, I use St. Ives Apricot facial scrub, inexpensive and does a good job. My lips, being more sensitive than the rest of my face, tend to stay flushed with the wiping and rubbing.

I dab lipstick on the back of my hand, then see how easily a cleanser will clean it. Most require a fair amount of "scrubbing", tho, as Stephanie said, baby oil works pretty well.

But I was hoping there was something which would magically wipe it clean with minmal "scrubbing".

Maybe the solution is to use a lipstick which comes off easily.

Mitzi

Linda-x
06-14-2005, 09:59 PM
Last week I got some Mary Kay eye makeup remover. Works great, is oil free, and you don't have to rub. A lot easier on the sensitive eye area. You have to remember to shake it up, because it will separate. I still use noxema for my face, and vaseline for my lips.

spaskinstyle
06-15-2005, 12:04 AM
We have an excellent oil free makeup remover that is great for the eyes and the entire face. It is perfect for removing eyeliner, mascara and the remnants of foundation! You can check it out at our website..www.spaskinstyle.com in the skin section.

Love to you always girls,

Theresa

chris80
06-15-2005, 01:39 AM
boots cucumber cleansing wipes are excellent

Julie
06-15-2005, 01:42 AM
I use Garnier Cleansing milk/make-up remover and it's always done the job it's required to do.

~Julie~

ronna
06-15-2005, 06:25 AM
I suppose Noxema is pretty much the same thing as Pond's cold cream, which is what I use and it works well. Don't scrub much, but then rinse with soap and water and be careful not to get it in your eyes!

Oh, and Mitzi, it is obvious when you've been wearing lipstick, I always get funny looks!

Katie Ashe
06-15-2005, 12:19 PM
I use Equate facial wipe, they take everything off right away, I do wear contacts. They are eye friendly :thumbsup:

Katie

Mitzi
06-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Oh, and Mitzi, it is obvious when you've been wearing lipstick, I always get funny looks!

Others have this problem? I thought it was only me, what with my full, sensuous lips. ;) My wife is the only person who's ever given me "funny looks", envious looks, maybe. :)

I liked Ponds too, switched to St. Ives because it fit into little cosmetic bags better than the jar, and of course, it's cheaper...lol.

DonnaT
06-15-2005, 06:45 PM
Try olive oil or baby oil on a cotton ball, if it doesn't show color, it's all off.