PDA

View Full Version : Cute Story

Intertwined
01-21-2009, 11:33 PM
I was in the local market grocery shopping the other day. Every time I turned the end of the isle, I would almost run into the same lady over and over again. About half way through the store, we were both laughing about it. It was about the second to last isle, we met at the end, and she said “See you at the other end?” and I said, it’s a date. When I go to check out, here is that same lady again, in the checkout counter next to me, we both loose it laughing. I get out to my truck, loading things in my camper, and guess what, this same lady is parked back to back with me. She starts this conversation about the men’s flowered Hawaiian shirt I am wear. Saying how she loved the shirt, and how she can’t understand why a ladies shirt of the same material, using less material, costs twice as much as a man’s. I told her I just purchased this one for $8, she said, O.K. three times as much.

What really made this interesting, as you can see from the photo, I was wearing the men’s shirt, ankle length skirt, grungy tennis (that was a mistake), carrying my Liz Claiborne purse. Nothing was said about the skirt or purse.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=927&pictureid=9860
My purse was in the basket for the picture, this is the purse.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=9984&albumid=927&dl=1232598290&thumb=1

MissConstrued
01-21-2009, 11:40 PM
It must be an elephant in the room sort of thing, because I've had pretty much the same thing happen. I'll hear something about my t-shirt, or river sandals, or cell phone... but not the skirt I'm wearing. I've worn a loud Hawaiian shirt with a Utilikilt, and the shirt gets the comments. It must be a polite gesture of some sort. Either that, or skirts on blokes have really gotten ho-hum these days.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-22-2009, 09:21 AM
Now that is a cute story - maybe she really wanted to talk about the skirt but was too embarressed or maybe she thought it would embarress you. Maybe you will see her again and have more and deeper conversation.

JoAnne Wheeler

Sara Jessica
01-22-2009, 09:38 AM
Cute story indeed, and I wish we had some way of knowing exactly what this particular gg thought about the skirt.

It must be an elephant in the room sort of thing...

Funny you mention the elephant in the room, I wrote about that in a thread a while back (which is now locked), www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88867 (included for reference, not even an attempt to hijack this excellent thread :) )

The "elephant" I wrote about was much more subtle expressions of femininity. This current one is more "in your face", or in keeping with the elephant theme, an entire herd of them!!!

Jenny Beth
01-22-2009, 09:54 AM
Great story, she may not have mentioned the skirt or purse but she obviously didn't have a problem with it. I have an identical skirt in dark green but you're right, the shoes suck! Cute sandals and painted nails would have gone much better.

CrossJess
01-22-2009, 10:14 AM
I was in the local market grocery shopping the other day. Every time I turned the end of the isle, I would almost run into the same lady over and over again. About half way through the store, we were both laughing about it. It was about the second to last isle, we met at the end, and she said “See you at the other end?” and I said, it’s a date. When I go to check out, here is that same lady again, in the checkout counter next to me, we both loose it laughing. I get out to my truck, loading things in my camper, and guess what, this same lady is parked back to back with me. She starts this conversation about the men’s flowered Hawaiian shirt I am wear. Saying how she loved the shirt, and how she can’t understand why a ladies shirt of the same material, using less material, costs twice as much as a man’s. I told her I just purchased this one for $8, she said, O.K. three times as much.

What really made this interesting, as you can see from the photo, I was wearing the men’s shirt, ankle length skirt, grungy tennis (that was a mistake), carrying my Liz Claiborne purse. Nothing was said about the skirt or purse.

Things happen for a reason! maybe you were ment to be together lol you never know! :)

Some of you folks are so lucky, is crossing more widely accepted in the States and even Canada, I went to new york back in 1999 and I was amazed at what folk were doing and wearing and nobody was taking a blind bit of notice, just going about there every day lives, I felt a feeling of freedom there.:eek: I'm going to the states this year and all my girly stuffs coming with me too, it will be the first time Ill walk out in public :)

I live in England and in all the time I’ve been alive I’ve only ever seen one guy wearing a skirt in public and everyone was looking at him all weird and ripping into him, in the UK we seem to have phobias of anything out of the ordinary grr :sad:, I’d be scared to death walking down the street dressed as Emo jessy encase I got my head kicked in, it’s bad enough being gay at times here :doh: some hurtful things can be said! :(

Butterfly Bill
01-22-2009, 11:04 AM
It must be an elephant in the room sort of thing, because I've had pretty much the same thing happen. I'll hear something about my t-shirt, or river sandals, or cell phone... but not the skirt I'm wearing. I've worn a loud Hawaiian shirt with a Utilikilt, and the shirt gets the comments. It must be a polite gesture of some sort. Either that, or skirts on blokes have really gotten ho-hum these days.
I remember one time I was leaving an auto parts store while wearing a pink dress, and a guy standing by the door looked at me and grinned and said, "Nice shoes". I'm sure he was referring to something else.

joann426
01-22-2009, 11:12 AM
great story love the blue dress

Hali
01-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Ur outfit is kool, i dont think u will attract much negative attension walking around town like that unless........................u do the "girly" or the cat walk.

Intertwined
01-22-2009, 10:37 PM
but you're right, the shoes suck! .

When I downloaded the picture from my camera, I said to myself, " What The Heck Were You Thinking ?? "

I currently dont have any sandals, and thought my heels would have been too dressy for the rest of the outfit, but, my blue shower shoes would have been better than that. Good reason for some shoe shopping me thinks..!

sissystephanie
01-22-2009, 11:17 PM
You go girl, but leave those shoes at home. I have had the same type of conversation. Wearing a skirt and a ladies top, no wig or makeup, and someone comments on my top. Not a word about the skirt. Yes, sometimes they are as long as yours, or as flowery, but still very definitely a skirt. Maybe people are getting more lenient of CD's? Male ones that is. they have always been lenient of female CD's, since many women wear mens clothing anyway.