PDA

View Full Version : Falling On Ice Lands Me At Hospital

jessbcuzz
01-22-2009, 01:27 AM
I rarely set foot outside my home when dressed. If I do at all, I make sure I walk slowly to make sure I don't trip. The thought of being rushed to the emergency room in this small town would be my worse nightmare come true.
Even if I am not completely dressed, I have for years kept my toes painted and wear toe rings. I shave my legs and chest every other day. I even have a faint tan line from when I get bold and daring during the summer. Also, no matter what, I always wear womens undies. No big deal right? I've gone like this to work for many years, and never worried about those things being exposed.
Well, last month, I slipped and fell at work on ice. It's happened before and I have always been able to bounce back up. This time it was different. My elbow hurt like it had never hurt before. It felt like I had hit the funny bone a million times with a sledge hammer. I thought for sure I would be able to bounce back as well. However, on my way to the supervisors office to fill out an accident report, I knew something was wrong. When I told her what had happened and from the way my elbow looked, she said we needed to go to the hospital. I have never had a broken bone in my life, but I wasn't scared. I was scared because my boss would be in the hospital with me, along with the painted toes, toe rings, and my lavender satin panty. Talk about butterflies in the stomach. To boot, I had just shaved myself before work.
Thankfully, during the whole emergency room process, I didn't have to take my shorts off or shoes. The only thing I was worried about was if the nurse and doctors would notice my shaved chest and legs. Since I was in so much pain, I could have cared less. I was about ready to get out of there and be on my way. All that was left was get my splint and sling on and I would be out the door. When the doctor came in, he asked if I wanted a Demerol shot for the pain. I did not hesitate and told him that I needed something desperately. Other than having some shots done it the rear when I was in the army, I was assuming the pain shot would be in my arm. I bet my eyes got as big as a beach ball when the nurse told me I needed to drop my pants. Knowing what I had on underneath, I froze. She said it again. I did my best to try to expose part of my rear, hoping it would be good enough. It wasn't. I pulled that side down a little bit further, hoping now it would be good enough. It still wasn't.
There was another nurse in there as well. My night had gone from bad to really bad when I found out the nurse was best friends with one of my coworkers that I bowl with. The nurse that was trying to give me the shot, told him to undo my belt and such. Since I was now down to using one hand, she thought that was why I couldn't pull my shorts down more. With all being said, I am sure both of them had to catch a glimpse of my lavender satin panty. Nothing was said about it. I was given my shot and discharge papers and was sent back on my way.
On my way back to my job, my boss that had drove me to the hospital asked how it went. I told her that it was something that I never want to go through again. I'm sure in bigger cities, stuff like this is seen more than a small town off 6000 people. I had always been scared of something like this happening, but being a crossdresser is a part of me. If something happed while completely dressed that I had to go to the hospital, of course the jitters would be a lot worse than what I just went through. With it all being said and done, I bet the staff may talk about the "weird ones" that come through, but they are getting paid. If I were to ever have to go fully dressed, I hope that I would be talked about and forgotten.

Persephone
01-22-2009, 02:43 AM
So sorry to hear about your fall! I hope you are feeling a bit better by now.

You must have truly been in pain to have overcome your fears. I can certainly understand your situation and how you felt about it, but it does sound like your fear may have been worse than the actual event, which, for most of us, is often what is true.

Best thoughts sent your way,
Hugs,

DeeDee3
01-22-2009, 04:31 AM
I think you'll be O.K. with your secret. I know the feeling of being exposed is one of our greatest fears. I once had a motorcycle accident when I was completely underdressed. Was able to call the wife, and have her take me home to get my clothes changed before I went to the Emergency Room. Thank goodness it was possible. But, that thought of getting the trip to the E.R. without the opportunity,is always lurking in my mind DeeDee

JoAnne Wheeler
01-22-2009, 09:04 AM
Was the lavender panty clean - remember our mothers always said that we needed to have clean underwear on incase we ever had to go the hospital !

This is one of my great fears as well - small town - everybody knows or is kin to everybody

I'm sure the people in the Emergency Room have seen it all - time and time again - I feel sure they saw your satin lavender panties - they were probably jealous that they didn't have any that pretty.

Will they talk about it - probably

JoAnne Wheeler

Alice B
01-22-2009, 03:26 PM
What ever they saw will stay strictly with them and will not be discussed to outside people. They could be sued. Don't worry about it, laugh about the experience and get well soon.:hugs:

Lorileah
01-22-2009, 03:36 PM
I went to emergency once for a severe dog bite on my hand. I had cleaned it and bandaged it but was really starting to swell so I went to the ER.

Like many of my sisters here I wear panties, and usually lacy bikinis then. Didn't think about it until the nurse asked when my last tetanus shot was and decided I needed one, in the gluteals of course. I am sure I blushed but when she returned there were two nurses and two other women who had things to do in the room (at least they busied themselves) while I dropped my pants.

Sad thing is I don't get that much female attention when I am a "guy"

Natalia
01-22-2009, 04:17 PM
And all the town Fire and Ambulance services...

I can but hope that they read the damned HiPPa form.

(of course I also know all sorts of stuff about all of them...):devil:

cindym5_04
01-22-2009, 04:22 PM
Sad thing is I don't get that much female attention when I am a "guy"

Don't feel bad. I haven't had to go to the hospital dressed or underdressed, but talk about attention. I went to a halloween party dressed as a hooker one time (this girl that I know went as a pimp, so "convinced me" to go as a hooker). I ended up making out with about 6 women that night and a few offers to go back to my hotel room (which I should've taken, but didn't). I had NEVER gotten that much attention, and still haven't, in my normal every day "guy mode".

rachellegsep
01-22-2009, 04:35 PM
Whilst vacationing in a small town I had to go to ER for an ECG complete with shaved chest , belly and nipple rings. Also have an X ray with the metal work nothing was said but I'm shure they they had some thing to gossip about :straightface: