PDA

View Full Version : Theripiest?????

boardpuppy
01-22-2009, 02:28 PM
I didn't want to hijack someone elses thread so am putting this here.

During the history gathering seccion I told the theripiest (him) that I was a crossdresser (no reaction, I could always relate better to women) maybe I lucked out. Well we went through the whole second seccion and no mention of CDing. I asked if he had any transgender experience, "that's not one of my areas of expertice''. What promet me to ask him about gender knowlege was he seemed to want to deal with communications, privacy, and sex or lack of, with the SO. I know what my gut is telling me but I would like any/all inputs...I guess I want to see if I've got this figured out in my mind before taking the next step.

MJ
01-22-2009, 02:41 PM
if you relate better to women then you know what you have to do ...

kristinacd55
01-22-2009, 02:51 PM
I'd say switch to a female therapist asap :)

Tomara
01-22-2009, 03:03 PM
Hi
If you are in therapy for gender related issues you should try to find someone with experience with gender issues , and that person should also be someone that you are comfortable talking to !
Try a google search in your area for gender therapist.
Good Luck
Tomara

boardpuppy
01-22-2009, 03:59 PM
Thank you Ladies,

You have basicaly confirmed my though process. Thanks to you'll for the input and off to the next step. Maybe the next one will be better.

Alice

JenniferR771
01-22-2009, 07:09 PM
See my comment below. His silence said volumes. When you said you were a cd--he could have said,"You have come to the right place, I recently conducted a seminar in Chicago on that very subject."

In my case, I found myself tilting my head and trying to read the titles of the books on his bookshelf, searching in vain for something on Cd or TS or gender disphoria.

I called the local psychology association referral service. Said I was cd. They referred my to a nice man who specialized in sexual problems. They didn't tell me that they only referred psychologists who had paid to be listed on their referral service--and that many local doctors were not on the list.

curse within
01-22-2009, 07:16 PM
Switch and it really doesn't matter male or female for a therapist it's what help and comforts you.. what matters is expertise... If this one doesn't have knowledge in that are how can he help?

boardpuppy
01-22-2009, 07:29 PM
Jennifer,
The office was sterile, no books and no shelves.

CW,
You're right.

Even to this day men have always made me uneasy and standoffish. Will find a women.

Sarasometimes
01-22-2009, 10:18 PM
You need to thing when it comes to a therapist. One that is skilled in dealing with your needs and one that you are comfortable talking to about your most intimate thoughts. I would never be able to do that with a male therapist. Save your time and money and find another counselor ASAP! Good Luck1

nvlady
01-23-2009, 12:37 AM
A therapist that responds to an issue by saying that is not in my area of expertise is not a therapist I would consider going to.

MissConstrued
01-23-2009, 03:16 AM
Friend, you don't need a Theripiest -- you need a dictionary.

:doh:

JoAnne Wheeler
01-23-2009, 08:41 AM
If yyou have read any of my posts, you will see that I am not a believer in therapists. First of all, you just saw that they don't know all that much, if anything about Crossdressers.

Unless they are Crossdressers as well, they have NO IDEA what we Crossdressers have gone through, are going through and will go through.

You will get much better information and counselling on this website than you will from a therapist.

If you haven't walked in our HIGH HEELS, I do not think that you are qualified to give any advice.

THat's just my opinion.

JoAnne Wheeler