PDA

View Full Version : help

brianna-lynn
01-23-2009, 03:07 PM
what is a good way to tell a best friend i am a crossdresser and friend is a girl that i have know for 17 years we r having lunch on sunday so any help u can give me by 4:30 tomorrow will be great i do not know if in proper area

JoAnne Wheeler
01-23-2009, 03:36 PM
Just tell her - don't dress up for her yet - just be open and talk to her

JoAnne Wheeler

Nigella
01-23-2009, 03:58 PM
I found the way forward for me was to break the news on my own territory.

Basically it goes like this.

Invite friend over to let them know you have something to tell them

Dont offer refreshments, go straight to the point, finally saying that if you want to you can go away and think about what I have said.

If they want to stay, dont dwell on what you have said, follow their lead

Hope all goes well

lauraabdl
01-23-2009, 03:59 PM
Be open and honest with her. Let her lead the talk where ever it may go and be ready to answer tough questions if she is a true friend.
Best wishes;
Laura:hugs::love:

brianna-lynn
01-23-2009, 04:27 PM
thanks i will post what happens either sunday or monday

DonnaT
01-23-2009, 04:45 PM
If you have a nice picture or two, just show them to her.

Ask her if she knows 'this girl'.

Then talk about them and you.

jennifer41356
01-23-2009, 05:25 PM
what is a good way to tell a best friend i am a crossdresser and friend is a girl that i have know for 17 years we r having lunch on sunday so any help u can give me by 4:30 tomorrow will be great i do not know if in proper area

I have told several good female friends over the years I told them"I like to wear womens clothes"....and then wait for all the questions

brianna-lynn
01-23-2009, 05:44 PM
now i just found out she has bf problems and has somethign important to tell me in person so depending on what she has to say depends if i tell her sunday or not any other advice

Carly D.
01-23-2009, 05:52 PM
I disagree.. wear pantyhose under your pants and no socks and cross your legs so she sees your pantyhose covered legs.. "why yes they are pantyhose".... just an idea..

Carole Cross
01-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Brianna, it would probably be best to listen to what she has to say first, it may have a bearing on what you want to say.

Lisa Golightly
01-23-2009, 06:02 PM
When I told my best friend... I was so wound up... he kind of let rip a few expletives and said... 'Is that all? I thought you were going to tell me you'd murdered someone or something'. True... true... true... Best advice I can give, don't get wound up like I did... Just be relaxed and open. :)

MJ
01-23-2009, 06:05 PM
you can start by letting her know in advance.. hey i have something to tell you when we meet.
the rest is up to you

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-23-2009, 06:35 PM

However you put it, be sure to say it with confidence and pride and not like you're letter her know something horrible about yourself. You may want to bring a photo of you en femme to share with her while you talk about it.

If you're comfortable enough to share it with her, then it's likely that the two of you are close enough to offer understanding rather than non-acceptance. Good luck and don't forget to tell us how it went. :)

deja true
01-23-2009, 07:36 PM
Here's how I did it and it worked out great...

My GG friend and I were having a great and humorous conversation about all kinds of things, joking and laughing. While we were talking, I opened up my laptop and navigated to a file of pics that I had taken at BeAll. Dozens of pics of lots of great looking girls and I was in a few of them.

"Have a look at these!", I said, and scrolled through the pics of dozens of smiling girls and groups of girls. I stopped at a pretty good pic of myself and asked her..."Recognize any one here?" She looked a while and then broke into a big smile. She recognized me eventually and we continued our converstaion from there. All was fine, and now we have a secret to share and a closer friendship than ever.

As light hearted as possible is the way to go, I'm thinkin'. Of course, this worked well because we were just good friends and there was no element of a potential love interest there, so no threat. If you're interested in this lady as a potential girlfriend, though, it still may work or it may need a different method. :)

geri-tg.
01-23-2009, 08:03 PM
Talk talk talk.We have come so far together as man and wife by talking which has two parts.Talk and listen.Good luck. Geri:thumbsup:

beenherelongtime
01-24-2009, 12:28 AM
don't dress, just feel her out and try to casually(haha) mention it.

ColleenShivas
01-24-2009, 12:34 AM

Why, after 17 years, do you feel the need to tell her now? If we knew the reason, we might be better able to answer your question.

Leohose
01-24-2009, 01:47 AM
ask her her opinion on thwe matter then let it out to her

vivianann
01-24-2009, 02:31 AM
I would hear her story or problem first, and then if all goes well then you can tell her your desire to crossdress, and like the others have said let her ask questions, and then answer the questions and educate her about the subject of crossdressing. Welcome the questions so you can put her at ease, that will help her to understand why you crossdress, that is what I do with excelent results. I am looking forward to hearing about your meeting with your friend.

brianna-lynn
01-24-2009, 01:27 PM
I disagree.. wear pantyhose under your pants and no socks and cross your legs so she sees your pantyhose covered legs.. "why yes they are pantyhose".... just an idea..
does that work for tights too

Why, after 17 years, do you feel the need to tell her now? If we knew the reason, we might be better able to answer your question.

she had recently suggested me to do it with her as a punishment

brianna-lynn
01-25-2009, 03:53 PM
i did not dress for when i saw my friend and it did not come up

JamieDP
01-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Funny you should ask this. A friend of mine that i've known for years even worked with for a while...confessed something about herself...well i asked her after wondering for several years something about her. once she confessed i said..."ok i have to confess something myself" and well presented her a photograph...her response was "no shit!"...followed by "i cant believe how wonderfully pleasant this surprise has been"....then all of the conversations about prince, my issue with body hair, etc.... clicked in her head. The conversation concluded with her saying...wow "I totally have a new bff!" Needless to say i was relieved and found a friendship that is very englightening.

Now not all will be perceived, but I did find it helpful to listen to her first. For all you know she could be getting ready to say..."my ???? is a crossdresser and I just can't live with it!"...in that case you might not want to tell yet! :-)

Teri Jean
01-25-2009, 07:44 PM
I told a gg friend of mine and she was very supportive. The thing is, has she shown any signs that she is open to alternative life styles? Another friend of mine is very traditional in her views and we just don't go there, so you know this person best and if you want to tell her by all means do so. Good luck, you may have a sister who you can talk and shop with. Keli

brianna-lynn
01-26-2009, 11:23 AM
i know she doe snot mean gays but does not like seeing two guys make out