PDA

View Full Version : OK... minor dilemma, photo shoot proposal

Angel.Marie76
01-24-2009, 01:06 AM
So I was in a local restaurant, having lunch up at the bar, and this pretty girl sits down across the other side of the bar and orders up. We actually have a few words here and there, and out of no where she walks around the bar up to me.

Turns out she's a student at the local photography school (it's a popular place to come to if you've ever wanted to get into the art) and she's looking for a model or two for some of her projects. She noted that the subject of the particular task is: Professional and their hobby. *coughcough* Ahem, anyway...

So I'm sitting there in a med. purple shirt and tie with my hair down, and say what the heck, why not.. free pictures that hopefully will make me look good right? So what if I'm in drab. BUT... then she says - So, what's your favorite hobby?? Uhh... good one. Computers? Gadgets? Ice skating? She said the more interesting the better. 'I'll stew over it and get back to you at the 'Professional' shoot. Great.

Well if you have any clue at this point I sat there, finishing my lunch, just stewing over a hobby.. all the while just staring down at my glossy nails and just testing my nerves..... but I did it. As I was leaving, I walked up to her, and said kinda quietly.. "You mentioned that you wanted an interesting hobby, and, uh, I think I might have one for you.. and probably couldn't be any farther from the Pro shot you're going for. I don't really know the easiest way to say this, but on occasion I switch genders. Would you find that interesting for your shoot?" You should have seen her eyes light up. 'REALLY??? Awesome!' and it went from there.

So Monday I have a 'Pro' shoot, and then need to schedule a dressing appointment ASAP by the end of the week with at least an hour's prep time for makeup and changing.

Dear Goddess! I'm sooo nervous.. when I got home tonight from work I sent my son off to clean his room and I LEPT! into the bedroom and dumped Angel's entire wardrobe onto the bed and went to work. I think I have about three skirt outfits, one jean, and /maybe/ the cheongsam dress if she REALLY wants something outstanding (though I'll have to clip it in the back to shrink it to fit for now). I am SO hitting TJMaxx tomorrow and hunting for at least one more outfit, or at least a new long/natural fibre brown skirt to go with a sweater I have.

Wish me luck, this would only be the second time in front of the camera for such a reason, and the FIRST time dressed!! :: twitch ::

docrobbysherry
01-24-2009, 01:09 AM
I'm SURE you'll be/look fine!:)

You promise to posts some of your pics here?:D

Sally2005
01-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Now that's one unique story! You have to provide an update on this one.

catriona36
01-24-2009, 07:07 AM
hope they dont get published anywhere :heehee: unless you dont mind:daydreaming:
just me but would be asking more questions of her :)

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-24-2009, 07:22 AM
This sounds incredibly cool to me. I think this could make for an awesome photo shoot both for you and the photographer. You'll get some pro photos of you and she'll have a very cool and unique addition to her portfolio of work. In the artistic community, "different" is usually good. In my dealings with creative-minded, artistic types, acceptance of differences often runs high as well.

In addition, I see this as a wonderful opportunity to help open some people's minds. If any of these photos end up in a gallery or show at some point, it might help make cding that much more "normal" to people.

I've never been out in public en femme, but if this opportunity was every presented to me by a photographer that I felt comfortable with, I'd jump on it. My only request would be that my real name not be attached to it. I wouldn't have any problem with my photos getting published or shown publicly, so long as they looked good.

I'm so happy for you and this great opportunity! :) Enjoy the experience and please post some pics once you have them!

diane51
01-24-2009, 07:55 AM
Angle That sounds like a great opportunity. Have fun and express your fem side for the camera.

RachelDenise
01-24-2009, 08:26 AM
How cool is this? Nothing ventured, nothing gained! Need to hear more after it happens.....

jan croft
01-24-2009, 08:34 AM
The stuff that dreams are made of ..........
Go for it!

JoAnne Wheeler
01-24-2009, 11:47 AM
WOW - CONGRATULATIONS on your courage and confidence - I think that this is going to be an awesome experience for you

Be sure and post pictures of before and after

JoAnne Wheeler

Angel.Marie76
01-25-2009, 11:20 AM
Thanks all for the comments! As a matter of fact, the first thing I asked after I told her was exactly what would become of the art. She verified that they would not be published other than to be a part of her own personal show and portfolio.

I will indeed port the photos when (or if I suppose) I get them. I've statistically heard that the students at this program have a habbit of just shoot-n-run, but I'll make a point that I don't have really good pics yet.. ;) Looking forward to it indeed! Will keep folks informed.

Lisa Golightly
01-25-2009, 11:31 AM
Enjoy it... but beware of friction burns to your knees... It may sound odd, but the people I shoot all have very red knees... :)

docrobbysherry
01-25-2009, 11:45 AM
Enjoy it... but beware of friction burns to your knees... It may sound odd, but the people I shoot all have very red knees... :)

I find a pair of tites, or good quality, sheer, pantyhose, is a good way avoid rug burns!:o

Lori A
01-25-2009, 12:22 PM
My wife, daughter, and grand mother have had Glamor Photo sessions, and they use some pretty heavy make up for best effects, but they all turned out great. If your photographer in training glams you up like they were your photos will be great. You could probably frame one and put it on your mantle and no one would know it's you. A long lost cousin with a strong family resemblance?

JamieDP
01-25-2009, 03:48 PM
As a photographer myself...in my male life...and trying desperately to convert that to my femme side so that I can enjoyr my transgender life as well and still make income....do enjoy yourself....

For a year I have been working on a project trying to photograph CD, TG and TS to hopefully compile enough images for a show or a publication...ideally to help our cause (of course in complete anonimity of the subjects...only their TG/TS selves, etc) and how difficult this project has been for me to compile. Getting there, but very difficult. So please have fun!!! I am sure it will be worth it.

Teri Jean
01-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Angel,
Sound like fun and I hope the photo shoot goes well. Jamie, I would like to contribute but live in the midwest. Good luck. Keli

Bobbi Lynn
01-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Since Karren hasn't said it yet..."sounds like a reason to go shopping for some new clothes". I'm sure she will have a comment when she gets back from playing hockey.

Nicki B
01-25-2009, 08:48 PM

Hopefully no splinters? :heehee:

Karren H
01-25-2009, 09:06 PM
Since Karren hasn't said it yet..."sounds like a reason to go shopping for some new clothes". I'm sure she will have a comment when she gets back from playing hockey.

Hahahaha. Bobbi!! Your too much! Funny too.. I'm on my way to hockey! Lol. I think its awsome!! I'd take her shopping with me to get some action shots! I hope she's not an under cover new peporter for the local paper? Big story on perversion in America!! Lol. Any way.. Have fun and post a lot of photos!!

Angel.Marie76
01-26-2009, 09:52 AM

Hahahaha. Bobbi!! Your too much! Funny too.. I'm on my way to hockey! Lol. I think its awsome!! I'd take her shopping with me to get some action shots! I hope she's not an under cover new peporter for the local paper? Big story on perversion in America!! Lol. Any way.. Have fun and post a lot of photos!!

He he... indeed, I went shopping this weekend, and to my surprise I was pleasantly rewarded. Saturday yielded little results other than a new bra and some panties, however, interestingly enough Sunday was spectacular! I hit a small boutique shop near where I live on a whim (in full male drab, no frills at all), and started wandering around. I was the only person in the store so the woman walked up to me and asked if she could help.. after I explained I was looking for a coordinating skirt for a sweater that I had at home (not for who or why) we started wandering around the store, and out of nowhere she started holding them up to me, and said 'You're going to try these on, right? I'll give you deeper discount if you don't return them.. ;) ' I tell you I lit up right then and there! She just mentioned that she had several friends that crossdress, and that she LOVES to doll them up. I ended up picking out a sweater similar to the one I had, and spend almost an hour in the dressing room as she just kept handing me stuff over the door, and surprised me with a little black number that wasn't in any way what I was looking for that day, but it was SO CUTE and sexy. 50$, 4 dresses and two skirts later I thanked her profusely and she just smiled and told me her schedule for work for the next however long...

Now, if they only sold SHOES too... darn it.

beenherelongtime
01-26-2009, 10:42 AM
great opportunity, good luck

Tomara
01-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi Angel

What a great opportunity for you , and some very good luck in the shopping dept. also.
If you don`t mind PM me the location of the shop that you went to.
Tomara

"Mary"
01-26-2009, 11:16 AM
We're gonna have to call you "Butter".....

...because you are on a roll! You go girlfreind!

Thanks for sharing and please keep the updates coming.

Samantha43
01-26-2009, 11:48 AM
WOW! How cool is that!?

Have a great time!

Emma Chase
01-26-2009, 12:29 PM
What a fabulous offer...

KUDOS to you for stepping up and telling her about your 'fem' side..

Embrace the opportunity ... and remember to have fun! :D

cindym5_04
01-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Definitely have a good time and enjoy yourself. Also, since she already knows about the fem side now, try to relax and not be nervous.

Edwina
01-26-2009, 01:02 PM
If you don't get copies.........
HUNT her down Angel :devil:

:love:

Edwina

lauraabdl
01-26-2009, 01:21 PM
You go girl.
Have a wonderful time.
Us girls will be on pins and needles waiting to hear how it all turned out.
Laura:hugs:

Angel.Marie76
01-26-2009, 02:40 PM
Shoot scheduled for Friday Night, late. Multiple outfits encouraged. I got the jist of what she wanted now. Today was the 'P.R.' shot - single face shot, from shoulders up - the reference if you will.

Apparently we've seen each other before at a local nightclub! I showed her the pics that I've posted up here (specifically Halloween) and I got the 'I KNEW I've seen you before.. ;) ' She said getting the pics to me would take a little time, but noted 'Its funny you mention your career choice, etal.. and that you CD, my stepfather LOVES to under-dress and he's in a similar profession... ' So, what, does that mean she has some sort of CD-radar or something? :D

I'll cork it for now and stew over my outfits for Friday. I was told they'd be from the knees up, so thankfully I don't have to worry about shoes too much. I'll only post again in this thread once I have pics or hear anything different. Toodles!

Lisa Golightly
01-26-2009, 03:00 PM
Hopefully no splinters? :heehee:

Ah... The infamous Golightly floor is now is but a distant memory consigned to my Album.

Good news that your shoot is going ahead... Looking forward to seeing the results :)

Angel.Marie76
02-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Shoot completed, used the cream sweater/brown skirt combo and the Cheong-sam dress. Had fun despite being a little nervous, but the GG photographer was cool s**t.. :) I asked for about 24 different shots as prints on the 60-80 she took, including some full length of the 'Sam.. I thought they came out awesome. She's editing them over the next week or two, and will have prints and DVD ready.

Jess_cd32
02-03-2009, 08:44 AM
Glad to hear you had a great time and the pics came out great looking, way to go:thumbsup: Now how about spreading some of that luck around:heehee:

Christina Horton
02-03-2009, 08:58 AM
That is so cool you had better keep us posted or yu will have a bunch of pissed off girl screming for your blood. LOL. It sounds like as to much fun for me. I would just melt form fem over load. And I would every min of it. I hope all of us get the same chance to do that. We want to see pics so hurry hurry hurry. Huggs :canada:

Angel.Marie76
02-11-2009, 10:26 AM
POP QUIZ Hot Shot: You have a photographer's primary laptop and external hard drive stolen, out of her car, only to find out that she possibly hadn't encrypted the disks AND it contains her entire offline portfolio INCLUDING ones of you dressed (and you're not out of the closet). WHAT DO YOU DO??

A) [edited for vulgarity and violence]
B) [you don't really want to know]
C) Loose your mind worrying about exposure.
D) Re-shoot session and just forget the past
E) Do nothing. Her loss and yours.
F) Many of the above

{RANT}
Needless to say, pictures aren't coming any time super soon. I'm seriously debating on NOT having the shoot redone, even though she offered to redo everything. The school extended her deadline for the project, but I just don't know if I want to deal with the situation again. Perhaps I should have asked about her storage techniques beforehand, but alas, live and learn.

Murphy sucks a$$. Least they didn't steal her multi-thousand dollar camera on loan from the school.. Smash & grabs SUCK.

{/RANT}

Lisa Golightly
02-11-2009, 10:50 AM
Ouch... nasty! If it's any consolation the laptop's probably been reloaded and sold on...

Do the reshoot and forget about what's lost... Besides if they ever surfaced you were doing an artist a favour... and everyone knows we ask for some weird stuff.

tamarav
02-11-2009, 10:55 AM
Not much you can do about the loss, on the next shoot take a memory stick and download your pictures. No one will connect the pictures anyway, that laptop has been reformatted and sold twice since then.

Alice B
02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
A great story and opportunity. Please let us know how it goes and maybe provide a shot or two if she is willing. Good luck.:hugs:

trannie T
02-11-2009, 03:25 PM
Take the following steps and you should feel better:
1, Curse
2, Find a cat to kick
3, Curse once more
4, Quit stewing over it realizing that most likely nothing will happen with your photos
5, Give the cat a treat

MichelleP
02-11-2009, 04:22 PM
Snatch and grabs are bad but, 9999999999999999 to 1 the hard drives and material on them have been wiped (probably several times now). You can relax and simply reshoot. If your SSN and DOB were also on there by chance or you gave your photog a recent tax return file to peruse, theeeen I'd be a little more worried. The only other way this will ever surface is if there are drab and drag pics of Rudy Guiliani on there too - Oops sorry, we already have those!:heehee:

Petra Bellejambes
02-11-2009, 04:54 PM
O, how good this is. When the door is just a little open you do have to lean in to it. Well done, and can't wait for the snaps.

Good luck, enjoy, and continue to take chances!

Christina Horton
02-11-2009, 05:23 PM
Just go and reshoot it . And if the pic's are showen else where oh well nohing you can do. And doing it over won't matter. SO I say go for it . It's another chance to dress up again.Whoooooooooo Hooooooooooooo. Have fun redoing it. HUGGS.:hugs: :canada:

DonnaT
02-11-2009, 06:53 PM
POP QUIZ Hot Shot: You have a photographer's primary laptop and external hard drive stolen, out of her car, only to find out that she possibly hadn't encrypted the disks AND it contains her entire offline portfolio INCLUDING ones of you dressed (and you're not out of the closet). WHAT DO YOU DO??

Answer me this! Did you have a good time?

If so, do it again.
If not, well, try it again ;)

Gabrielle Hermosa
02-11-2009, 07:15 PM
WHAT DO YOU DO??

A) [edited for vulgarity and violence]
B) [you don't really want to know]
C) Loose your mind worrying about exposure.
E) Do nothing. Her loss and yours.
F) Many of the above

Sh*t happens. Murphy sucks, but his law ain't going away any time soon.

I doubt anything terrible will come of the laptop being stolen. I'm guessing your man-self doesn't look much like your female-self, so I wouldn't worry too much about being outed by this. The thieves are probably more interested in the hardware rather than the data/photos.

Go for it. Brush it off, and do the photo shoot again. I still think this is a really cool opportunity. You enjoyed the first photo shoot - look at this as a chance to have some more fun with some experience under your belt. :)

DonnaT
02-11-2009, 07:21 PM
Plus you will be helping your new friend out of a jam.

Patty
02-11-2009, 08:30 PM
What a good luck you have, hope that you post pic's and let us know how it goes :hugs:

Angel.Marie76
02-12-2009, 08:43 AM
Snatch and grabs are bad but, 9999999999999999 to 1 the hard drives and material on them have been wiped (probably several times now). You can relax and simply reshoot. If your SSN and DOB were also on there by chance or you gave your photog a recent tax return file to peruse, theeeen I'd be a little more worried.

Well, I'd say that I KNOW my SS info and DOB data wasn't in there, for the record.

However, I happened to have my routine meeting with my therapist last night, and so I've decided /not/ to reshoot with this particular photographer for a couple reasons, the least of which, while sure, I might consider her a bit a of a new friend, my privacy was/is certainly at risk at this point. I never filed any release documents or anything with her, so there's really no official protection or recovery point if anything were to get out.

As far as Drab and dressed photos, yeah, they DO exist on this particular device, of me, and depending on her organization skills they could easily be correlated without much difficulty. Without being mean to her, I had put a significant amount of trust in her hands to protect those photos, and the reality of the situation is that I have a family, a job, and other things that could be made more difficult to deal with. I'm not trying to hide completely in the closet, as my son, SO, and friends are beginning to know about my dressing, and, you could say, it's on my schedule to inform my parents soon as well for the sanity of my son minimally.

I graciously appreciate the input from all who put in their two cents, I did weigh my options heavily. If the fates deemed me to not have the photos on the first try, then I'll wait. My very best male friend was probably the 2nd or 3rd person I told about my dressing, and he's an amateur/semi-pro photographer who's also offered to do a shoot. I may take him up it later once some time has passed after this incident.

I'd say a little bit of option C, and E is where I'm drawing the line in this thread of thought. I'll have some photos up another time, apologies for leading people on; obviously I'm both crushed and bothered by this as well.

Jess_cd32
02-12-2009, 10:05 AM
First off who the hell leaves that type of tech equipment in plain view in their car:eek: She was pretty irresponsible to say the least with that eqiupment, and extremely so with your photos being on it. I would NOT reshoot anything with her after this incident, or have anything to do with her personally.

Do another shoot like you said with someone that will be more responsible and I also think the pics are long since deleted, keep that thought. Sorry to hear about your ordeal.

amy canada
02-14-2009, 02:05 AM
Do we know if this girl really kept her items in plain view or if she put it in the trunk of the car and someone followed her and saw that she always put the stuff in the trunk? Not that it really matters anymore, but if she did put the stuff in the trunk, she at least tried to keep it hidden from potential thieves.