PDA

View Full Version : Left over Pink Fog

insearchofme
01-24-2009, 06:48 AM
I live in a small town in Ohio. Last evening about 7pm I went grocery shopping at the Super Wal Mart in town. After shopping in the food section i had to go get some body wash and the health care section was all the way across the store.

In order to get there I had to walk through the clothing section. It just so happens that my usual track is though the women's section and funny as it may seem I go through the lingerie section and then the Plus size section.

Earlier in the week I was at a Lane Brynt's in another city and purchased some nightgowns. I guess some of the left over Pink Fog was still with me and I decided I was going to look around. I have purchsed femme clothing there before but it was usually early in the morning when there weren't too many shoppers.

As I neared the lingerie section I started to veer toward the bras and I saw coimg into the main isle were two GGs. Imagine my surprise when I realized that one of them was a girl who attends the college where I work and her younger sister. The young lady also works as a student worker in my department and I am her immediate surpervisor.

They were talking and didn't see me until I was even with them. We had a nice chat and went our seperate ways. All I could do was chuckle (nice masculine word for giggle) thinking how lucky I was. Having her see me looking at bras is something that would spread across the office and the small campus. Guess I had best be more careful of when I shop so close to home.

Some left over Pink Fog can be fun but dangerous!

jillleanne
01-24-2009, 09:06 AM
Oh contraire, I suspect they admire you for doing it and probably think it is an admirable trait you buying a bra for your special someone. I shop for bras, lingerie all the time and women just ignore me and think nothing of it at all. The more we do things openly, the more it all becomes accepting.

PretzelGirl
01-24-2009, 10:58 AM
I had a similar thing happen to me once in a Walmart. I was going through *that* section and as I came around a corner, there was one of my wife's best friends. I just said Hi and talked for a minute and then took off like I had been cutting through. No biggie. I had asked my wife and it never came up. :whew!:

JoAnne Wheeler
01-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Ah - the PINK FOG - love it or hate it - we all are exposed to it - I stay lost in it - sometimes I think that this is the way I will always be - LOST in the PINK FOG - it can be so powerful that our better judgment gets lost in the fog as well - but I have found enormous courage, confidence and attitude when I get lost in that fog.

Do you think that they outed you ? I mean you look so realistic, you can't tell that you are not a woman.

If you weren't outed, thank the PINK FOG - if you were outed, blame it on the PINK FOG

JoAnne Wheeler

Louise2009
01-24-2009, 11:42 AM
My neighbour caught me holding an epilator so I told her I was checking out the different ones with a view to possibly buying one for my wife.
I didn't expect to bump into a neighbour in the local store at 0530.

insearchofme
01-24-2009, 08:39 PM
Jilllianne, They know that my wife lives in another city about 4 hours away. Pretty good chance I'm not buying bras for her.

JoAnne, I was dress en drab and thank you for saying that I passed in my pic. That's very sweet!

Angie G
01-24-2009, 09:06 PM
Or it could have turned out not to be such a big deal. One never knows.:hugs:
Angie