PDA

View Full Version : First Time Out

JennSC
01-24-2009, 09:20 AM
It is Saturday morning and last night was my first time out. My debut was supported by a great group of Georgia TGirls in Atlanta. There were so many memorable events within the main event, but two stood out:
-I had gone outside the club where we were to take some pics and walked back inside and I joined three of the girls and one asked if my ears were burning, saying now, I asked why, and they said they were talking about me and how good I looked and complemented me on my appearance as a girl. Whether they were just being kind or not, it did so much for my self esteem and confidence.
-I was standing by the bar talking with some of the girls, and a gg came up to me and told me that she understood it was my first night out and congratulated me. Then she went on to complement my make-up and made a couple of suggestions. She floored me when she gave me some styling tips for my hair. Clearly she wasn't coming on to me, but was IMO honestly reaching out to me beyond the gender divide. Almost as one girl to another!

In different ways, both of those experiences were so very affirming to me, and made my 'debut' all the more memorable.

P.S. If you have been putting it off, do it ladies! Find a group of supportive TGs and go for it. You will never look at yourself the same!

Kathi Lake
01-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Jenn,

It sounds like you had a wonderful time. True, compliments from other TGs are great, but isn't it validating when a GG breaks through and "lets us into the club?" It's so validating, I guess. Good for you. Hopefully this is a first among many.

Kathi

TxKimberly
01-24-2009, 09:55 AM
How awesome is that?! I'm gald to hear you did it and that you enjoyed it so much. :)

Patty
01-24-2009, 10:04 AM
Glad to hear that it was awesome. So when is the next time?

Stefanie_Adams
01-24-2009, 10:13 AM
Good for you and glad you had a wonderful time. Wish I had the nerve to do the same but I also need the support of my S.O.
Congrats
Stefanie

Eileen
01-24-2009, 10:21 AM
Wow Jenn, what a great first time out! You had an unforgetable night! You must already be planing your next girls night out! Congratulations!

Eileen

PretzelGirl
01-24-2009, 11:11 AM
Way to go Jenn! One good experience deserves another!

JoAnne Wheeler
01-24-2009, 11:25 AM
We all need an affirmation that our efforts for a transformation really worked -Congratulations - you got wonderful affirmations

JoAnne Wheeler

MaryAnn40c
01-24-2009, 10:10 PM
nice to hear you had fun.Way to go girl,well done:)