PDA

View Full Version : gay bar help

brianna-lynn
01-24-2009, 01:34 PM
my one friend not one in other topic wants me to go with her as a girl to a gay bar is that a good idea and if so what shouldi wear

lauraabdl
01-24-2009, 01:50 PM
That is one of the safest places to go enfemme. Just be your self and not to provative. I have and had the best time of my life. OMG I know I dont pass, look at my avatar. But after being here for some time I finally got up the nerve and just went out. the feeling was like, well hard to explain, the light wind up my skirt, the rustle of my hose, the clatter of my heels on the sidewalk, the hair blowing in my face, I was in heaven and not one person was rude or insensitive, I had a couple of drinks and even got asked to dance which I accepted. The whole night was like a dream, and I just can't wait to do it agian in the big city.
Laura:heehee::hugs::2c:

brianna-lynn
01-24-2009, 01:52 PM
since it cold out would girl pants be better or skirt? and with shoes i have never walked in heels so i may go with flats or low heels?

Sandra Dunn
01-24-2009, 01:59 PM
Yes you should go and go as her friend. If you've not been out much I do recomend you and her get together and work on your look. Work on the make-up, walk, sitting, and just getting used to being female. This will take some time depending on you and your background.

What to wear? Depending on the weather, well really not. It depends on how you feel and how comfortable you feel in a short skirt, something between the knees and the hips. You can wear a long, 3/4 sleeve, short sleeve or sleeveless; again your comfort level.

If this is your first non-halloween outing I do recomend you go in something you feel comfortable in and DO NOT wear jeans. Believe it or not wearing jeans takes more effort in being a girl in our case then wearing the skirt or dress. Oh don't wear a formal cause you will look out of place unless it's a formal event. Those of us who can pull it off wearing jeans can because of the practice we gained from wearing skirts.

Go and have fun, I always enjoy going out and meeting my friends at the clubs.

HUGS Sandra

renee k
01-24-2009, 02:01 PM
since it cold out would girl pants be better or skirt? and with shoes i have never walked in heels so i may go with flats or low heels?

Hi Brianna-lynn,

Try wearing jeans and a cute top,add some boots and your all set. That's what I see alot of girls wear when their out clubbing.

Huggs, Renee

brianna-lynn
01-24-2009, 02:32 PM
JEANS OR SKIRT i am confused

obsessedwithpantyhose
01-24-2009, 02:36 PM
no one at the bars i go to have seen me in my male mode.......

im ALWAYS dressed when im at the bars near me,,,and it dont matter how short your skirt is,,,,the shorter it is the better they like it :D

and i only wear 4 inch or taller heels :D

trannie T
01-24-2009, 04:02 PM
Jeans or a skirt? You can wear jeans to WalMart.
Heels or flats? If you have no experience in heels either get some practice or be prepared to wobble around all evening.
Most important, have a good time!

crossdrezzer1
01-24-2009, 04:09 PM
tell her yes and also say you need to help me dress,,, take your stuff to her and have her pick,, tell her you like to be sexy,,she will also help in make up and maybe lend you stuff you dont have like jewerly,,, she is going to be your anchor of first time out so tell her not to wander off as you need her there,,,, got that? Good... now go.........have fun---you only live once and never think back,,, I should of,,

MissConstrued
01-24-2009, 04:10 PM
Believe it or not wearing jeans takes more effort in being a girl in our case then wearing the skirt or dress.

And just why is that? Inquiring minds wish to know.

It's winter here. I'm not wearing miniskirts -- I'll freeze my nuts off. No reason why we shouldn't dress appropriately for the season and the weather, as well as the venue, just like real girls do.

brianna-lynn, if this is your first time out, wear whatever makes you feel less vulnerable. Your confidence level is what's important here.

crossdrezzer1
01-24-2009, 04:59 PM
And just why is that? Inquiring minds wish to know.

It's winter here. I'm not wearing miniskirts -- I'll freeze my nuts off. No reason why we shouldn't dress appropriately for the season and the weather, as well as the venue, just like real girls do.

brianna-lynn, if this is your first time out, wear whatever makes you feel less vulnerable. Your confidence level is what's important here.

literally? LOL---that would hurt....

AllieSF
01-24-2009, 05:40 PM
I have been to gay bars and lesbian bars. I normally was the only one in a skirt. But I didn't really care because I felt good. To better blend, jeans, to almost blend a jeans skirt and cotton tights and casual shoes, to be different and nice, a skirt and top. Basically, whatever floats your boat and makes you feel more comfortable. Good luck and be sure to tell us how you dressed, felt and came over to all the rest at the bar.

Paulacder
01-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Denim skirt, just above the knee. Flats, loafers or even a short heel, and a sweater always works. Have a good time........Let us know...

Tashee
01-24-2009, 05:47 PM
my one friend not one in other topic wants me to go with her as a girl to a gay bar is that a good idea and if so what shouldi wear

Should be a great time. Some of the BEST souls I know are Gay. You should be able to be you and have the time of your life...Just get ready to dance sister!!

In Boston MA they have some of the best clubs in the Country. I do not know in which town you are having your night out. Bring a camera. Bring your Diva attitude and of course bring your American Express Card.. Because Gay clubs around this Country no longer accept VISA! HAHAHAHA----Have a great times x 10:hugs:

Sherry-Stephanie
01-24-2009, 07:06 PM
Go and relax and have fun...have your friend come over and dress you...I mean pick out what you should wear or go shopping a day of or jsut before and get an outfit for you to go "clubbing" in.....that will make it more fun....

brianna-lynn
01-25-2009, 03:58 PM
thanks for the advice so far but as i told her if she will not confirm when we will go by thursday afternoon i will not go becuase she has not showed up b4 on other things and i get burned

JamieDP
01-25-2009, 04:09 PM
I find myself telling my wife that all the time when we go out...wear what what makes you feel most comfortable, and by comfortable I mean for the surroundings...
if it is looking her best at the expense of aching feet...because she knows all the women will be in their baddest of shoes...then she needs to go that way...if she is worried about being over dressed, then again....what ever she thinks is comfortable....and in return i find her saying the same thing...
and absolutely ask your friend to help you dress for a couple reasons...
1- a great way to try on several outfits with someone and get honest 2nd opinion on coordinating looks...what girl doesnt just want to try on several outfits...who knows you might get something nice to borrow.
2- she'll also have the opportunity to help you find something that fits the environment and that she'll feel comfortable being with you out in...you don't want to embarrass her either!

Most of all have fun, and go with what you're most comfortable with. If you want attention dress for attention, if not be more subtle!!!

Good luck

sissy meg
01-25-2009, 04:24 PM
My first time dressed in public was to a gay bar. I wore a skirt and blouse with heels and black pantyhose. Wig and some makeup (I am not real good at doing my makeup so I have to keep it simple so I don't look terrible). My nails were polished in pink with matching lipstick

I had a great time! I had one girl (GG) come up to me and we talked for a bit. She said her husband dresses and was coming later. She wnted me to stick around.

Funny thing is I left because I had to tinkle and I wasn't sure if I should use the mens or womens bathroom.

I have only dressed one other time (a different story for a different time)

Have fun,
Meghan

renee k
01-25-2009, 05:00 PM
thanks for the advice so far but as i told her if she will not confirm when we will go by thursday afternoon i will not go becuase she has not showed up b4 on other things and i get burned

You shouldn't let her canceling out, if she does stand in the way of having a good time. I'd just go with or without her. My two cents.

Huggs, Renee

MsJanessa
01-26-2009, 07:19 AM
why shouldn't you go? It's one place where you can feel safe and not have to worry about what people think. As far as what you should wear--wear what you look best in--the good thing about going to a gay bar is that you are not trying to "pass" which usually means you have to dress down (more conservativly)--at a gay bar you can live it up and dress in your finest silks, satins, and leather---have fun darling.

Tamera
01-26-2009, 07:40 AM
Ok a couple things;
1. Yes, you should go. It is one of the safest places to go. Any venue for the LGBT Community is a good place to go.

2. You are going with someone that you know and will feel comfortable.

3. Use the womans bathroom and remember to sit.

4. Regarding what to wear. Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. I have seen many girls(GG's to) that wear little or nothin while the guys have coats on. This is one difference in genders I will never understand. It's a wonder some girls don't get a chest cold:eek:.

5. Have fun and take a camera.

Hugs,
Tamera

deja true
01-26-2009, 08:15 AM
...and if you're having trouble with heels, wear your spikies to show off in, for the grand entrance...

...but carry a big purse or a tote with a pair of flats or low heels (kitten heels are a fave and still sexy!) for when the dancing begins!

:) Have fun, hunny!

cindym5_04
01-26-2009, 08:44 AM
There's always the thought of dressy girl pants (like ladies wear to work), with a nice top and a pair of low heels. An outfit like this is not as casual as wearing jeans, is dressy enough to be out in, and is also weather appropriate. Since you said that you don't have experience in heels, and unless you're going to practice a lot between now and then, only go with flats or a low heel for now.

brianna-lynn
01-27-2009, 10:23 AM
i just found out from her what she wants me to wear and i do not want to wear it for my first tiem . and it is a mid thigh skirt hose high heels and a thong and blouse and strapless bra and the hose is only thigh highs i told her i am not ok with that does anyone here agree with me since this be my first time out

mykhelee
01-27-2009, 10:39 AM
Brianna,
You have to dress in something you are comfortable with. I have dressed for years and never wear a strapless anything. It draws too much attention to my wide shoulders and upper arms. I would keep the skirt to no higher that just above the knee, the blouse sleeves at least 3/4 length unless you have very thin forearms, mine are kind of like "Popeye the Sailor's". A tank or sleeveless top is fine if you have a sexy jacket to wear over it. As far as shoes go, I "borrowed" a pair of 4" silver Baker sandal from my daughter and wore them at least 4 hours a night for a week before my first outing and accepted much positive criticism from my girls to perfect my walk.
Above all, don't let her pressure you into anything. She seems like she wants you to go out with her on her terms, not as equals. This shows in the way she has bailed at the last minute before.
Wishing you all the fun you can stand :D
Peace,
Khelli