PDA

View Full Version : Seasonal Dressing

Magickman
01-24-2009, 03:52 PM
I live up on the frozen tundra. Way below zero F today.

So in the wintertime, it is jeans and boots, ski gloves, and a heavy jacket with a hood.

Come springtime, I take out my short shorts, skorts, tanktops, and miniskirts. Strappy sandals, too. Manicure and pedicure for all to see.

The winter deep freeze greatly inhibits my dressing, and leaves me yearning for warm weather.

Are you a seasonal dresser too?

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-24-2009, 04:00 PM
I live in the north east and it's pretty well frozen out right now. It's 11 degrees outside today - cold, windy, ground covered in a couple feet of snow.

I don't go out en femme, but inside, it does not influence me at all. As I type this, I'm wearing a new denim miniskirt (my wife just bought me today!), red sweater with mid-length sleeves and white ankle socks.

It gets expensive, but we keep it pretty warm inside. I like to be able to dress like this and I don't want my wife to feel cold either. I love when she dresses sexy around the house, although right now, she's wearing cotton tights and a sweater (not showing much skin). It's about 73 degrees inside.

So for me, the weather only influences how little money I have for other things while I'm keeping the house warm. :heehee:

I can't wait for the deep freeze to be over though - for more reasons than one. Just tired of having to do everything else (outside) in the cold - especially driving in it (snow)!

crossdrezzer1
01-24-2009, 04:05 PM
north east? broad area,, I live in maine and might I say isnt everyone everywhere a seasonal dresser,,dont you wear a rain jacket if raining,,, well then just wear a pink one ,,, ect,,,, i LIKE THE COLD MONTHS,,GET TO SHAVE,, WEAR ANYTHING AT ALL AS A UNDRESESS item,,whoops caps,,to lazy to redo--LOL-- also in the summer I wear in private cool thin items and dont sweat in them so every season has its perks,,you just have to reconise the perks and go with them and appriciate them,,, enough said and thanks for the great question,,got me thinking.and appriciating the winter a little more way up north east...LOL

Gena_2
01-24-2009, 05:38 PM
I am SO looking forward to warmer temps (living in the Hudson Valley, NY) when I can get out on the porch with my two piece string bikini and get TAN LINES!!!

TGMarla
01-24-2009, 05:41 PM
Sure, it's sweater season!

Tasha McIntyre
01-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Sounds a tad cold over there in the US of A at the min. It's summer here in Australia, and in sub tropical Brisbane we put all jumpers and other warm clothing in the back of the closet for about 6 months. Even the winters here don't ever get really cold.....never been a snow threat in Brisbane as far as I can remember.

Seasonal dresser - not really, mini skirts all year round here :daydreaming: Might consider a pair of thin tights for the coldest month (July)

serinalynn
01-24-2009, 05:56 PM
In San Diego?? A seasonal dresser?? I don't think so.:D I'd love to winter over in Australia though.

carhill2mn
01-24-2009, 06:21 PM
I also live in MN. I just added a photo to my album showing what I wore one day when the high temp was -2 F. The secret is to wear the proper clothes :battingeyelashes:.

MaryAnn40c
01-24-2009, 09:19 PM
its so cold up here the Penguins have gone inside.Have to dress for the cold here.:canada:

AliceJaneInNewcastle
01-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Sounds a tad cold over there in the US of A at the min. It's summer here in Australia, and in sub tropical Brisbane we put all jumpers and other warm clothing in the back of the closet for about 6 months. Even the winters here don't ever get really cold.....never been a snow threat in Brisbane as far as I can remember.

Seasonal dresser - not really, mini skirts all year round here :daydreaming: Might consider a pair of thin tights for the coldest month (July)
Why the daydreaming? I wear short skirts and dresses whenever I go out at night. Tights or pantihose and longer sleeves in the cooler weather, coat or knitted poncho when it's really cold. Short sleeves and the same short skirts without the tights when it's warm. Always an exposed cleavage, though. :happy:

I'm a bit further south than Tasha, so winters are slightly cooler and summers aren't generally quite as hot. We get snow on the mountains nearby in mid-winter, but not in town.

Alice

Karren H
01-24-2009, 09:55 PM
I love the winter to dress!!! Scarves and hats and gloves and coats and boots.... pound per pound you can wear more clothing and more IS better, imho!! :)

Samantha43
01-24-2009, 11:49 PM
I love winter clothing. it's much easier for me to cover up my maleness. I just don't look good in shorts with a strappy top.

Kathi Lake
01-25-2009, 12:51 AM
I'm with Samantha. The more I cover, the less I have to shave. Utah winters can be very cold and snowy. Still, I do get out and about in skirts and tops, and even heels occasionally. Most of my clothes are for late Fall to early Spring. Lots of turtlenecks and long sleeves.

Kathi

Melora
01-25-2009, 07:43 AM
I LOVE WARM SWEATER TIME!!
Savore It!! I DO!!
Thow I HATE Shoveling the snow as much as You!!

JoAnne Wheeler
01-25-2009, 01:10 PM
As long as you dress in women's clothes, it doesn't really matter what the season is
JoAnne Wheeler

Teri Jean
01-25-2009, 06:29 PM
Like Carole, I live in MN and when it's cold it's cold. I undress at work with "c" forms and a down vest and the panty hose keeps the legs warm to. Do I long for warmer weather(?) yes but for now I can dress as I want and not worry. Australia does sound like fun though. Huggs from MN, Keli