PDA

View Full Version : Sweetest Acceptance

Gena_2
01-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Today, I had an afternoon appointment for an hour facial at the Day Spa Salon where I am a frequent customer (full leg waxings, hair, pedicures, massages & facials). The staff all know me and are always VERY nice (showing up early for appointments and tipping well never goes unnoticed). Sometimes, I go after work, dressed in boy costume (ie pinstripe suit, oxford shirt, etc) but always bra, panties, and nylons underneath.

For today's facial, I was totally in female clothing, albeit drab-looking: Talbots long-sleeve semi-sheer blouse, size 12, admittedly a little snug, accentuating the lace demi underwire bra underneath; Levis Womens 501s, which are subtle; my favorite Santoni Womens black loafers (10.5 M), clearly Women's flats - over my light blue bra and panties and jet black RHT nylons, with a glipse of ankle bracelet when I'm seated. Just little Estee Lauder Crystal Beige lipstick and a touch of Pleasures EDP - but no obvious makeup or wig.

The Manager met me at the door unexpectedly, and took my coat, a unisex down parka, I usually hang it myself. Anyhow, I fumbled in the inside pocket for my vintage Coach checkbook/clutch and got in line at the reception. I felt a little self conscious and quickly stuffed the clutch in the back pocket of my 501s, because there were a LOT of customers milling about.

While I was standing in line, my eyes met the gaze of an elderly Lady (maybe in her 70s, 80s?), seated to the right of reception, apparently waiting for someone who was checking in or checking out. She smiled the SWEETEST smile of total acceptance at me and held up her Coach clutch, which looked to be identical to mine. I smiled back, took my clutch out of my back pocket to acknowledge her warm gesture, and then I was at the counter. She disappeared while I was busy at the counter, but I'll never forget her, the SWEETEST kindly accepting Lady. :)

Just wanted to share what, for me, was a precious and significant moment.

Phyliss
01-24-2009, 07:20 PM
THAT is so touching and precious. Not a single word spoken ,,, but an entire conversation in one single motion.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-26-2009, 09:59 AM
Wonderful story - wonderful acceptance

JoAnne Wheeler

lauraabdl
01-26-2009, 01:46 PM
That was so sweet. It makes our day when something like this happens to us girls.:heehee:
Laura