PDA

View Full Version : Controlling 'Girl' Time

JODINYCTV
01-24-2009, 04:38 PM
I have long considered my femme self to be a fairly liberated girl, a gal who knows what she wants, and controls her needs. And I’ve believed I was in control of my femme self. I’m a TV who has no problem being the other me and is not ashamed of it or uncomfortable with my strong femme side.

But there is a problem with being Jodi that I’ve generally ignored at my own peril. It is how she often demands so much of my time, to the extent that even when I know there are much more important affairs I have to attend to, Jodi’s need to have affairs gets in the way and the result of not doing things I had to has on occasion been near disastrous.

I have long considered my femme self to be a fairly liberated girl, a gal who knows what she wants, and controls her needs. And I’ve believed I was in control of my femme self. I’m a TV who has no problem being the other me and is not ashamed of it or uncomfortable with my strong femme side.

But there is a problem with being Jodi that I’ve generally ignored at my own peril. It is how she often demands so much of my time, to the extent that even when I know there are much more important affairs I have to attend to, Jodi’s need to have affairs gets in the way and the result of not doing things I had to has on occasion been near disastrous.

Oh there are times I've put my femme self on the shelf, and gotten onto more important things (yes girls, quite often there surely are). But that does not last long as my need/compulsion if you wish; to express my girl side is so innate and strong. It usually can be put on hold as required, but sometimes it cannot, it takes over and I lack any desire to not allow that to happen.

The price for 'controlling' my girl time is that once Jodi gets out and about again, my femme side can prove rather insatiable, and I start putting off or ignoring other things I should attend to, to unleash Jodi. I find it hard to control her pull, luxuriating in the grand transformation that is so liberating and essential to me.

Reigning in my femme self, and keeping her from being a sub TV that doms my life is not easy. That bitch within me drives a hard bargain, and she demands to be given her due, often at inappropriate times in my life. Apportioning my femme time is the wise thing to do, yet I prove to be wholly stupid and fail to do so.

For example, faced with taking care of required paperwork, home repairs or other social obligations, more often than not, it is the need to be Jodi that wins out. If she wants out, that petulant child wins! And that is often detrimental to my life, although that downside of being Jodi is usually at least adequately compensated for by the fun I have as Jodi, the satisfaction she brings!

Yes mine is an urge that certainly needs to be controlled. Yet I fail to way too much of the time. Although logic and common sense dictate limiting my quality time as a girl, the overwhelming imperative to be she invariably wins out and other aspects of my life suffer for it.

And that is a failing I have generally been loathe to adequately address and solve, in my 30 plus years of relishing and expressing the 'other' me.

I know the answer, yes I know I must eat the broccoli before the ice cream in life, so to speak, but damnit, the unmitigated joy and release Jodi brings often trumps that logic.

Indeed it makes me question whether in part, I truly do have an addiction... as many have described dressing.

Mine it would seem is an addiction to being Jodi that makes me an addict to a craving I am often barely in control of. My narcotic of choice leaves me to often make the wrong choices, especially the choice of how to spend my time. Important chores are dismissed or procrastination triumphs, just to sate my craving for girl time.

I'm sure I am not alone in this regard and wonder how other gals such as I, who are but part time girls, cope with rationing out their femme time so as to not upset the reality cart that is full of other commitments that must be met, yet often get ignored in favor of girl time.

Yeah, I have much to do this weekend. But doing my nails, getting my body fully smooth, and heading out into the bright lights of the city are likely to consume most of the day.

This week has been otherwise rather stressful, indeed very stressful and Jodi is not just a pleasant, indeed essential diversion that allows my femme self to be free, but it is also my greatest and favorite form of stress relief.

When Jodi calls, my answering machine is definitely off, yes I'm picking up and then heading out (and maybe getting picked up!).

Girl time is safe and fun when used as directed, and not overused. I know this but all too often choose to ignore limiting my Jodi time when it is prudent for me to do so. What to do? Beats the s@#t out of me!

Will power you say? It invariably loses out to Jodi power!

http://profiles.aim.com/JodiNYCTV.

Kate Simmons
01-24-2009, 05:07 PM
The solution is simple my friend. Balance and integrate the feelings and you can end up being one, not two people who has the total choice of what to do and what to look like.:)

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-24-2009, 05:19 PM
The price for 'controlling' my girl time is that once Jodi gets out and about again, my femme side can prove rather insatiable, and I start putting off or ignoring other things I should attend to, to unleash Jodi. I find it hard to control her pull, luxuriating in the grand transformation that is so liberating and essential to me.

It happens to me too. Because my life is so filled with other responsibilities, it is hard to ever find enough time to indulge. There are times when I cannot indulge for long periods (two weeks or more) and I become very irritable and stressed. I'm lucky to get some femme-time once a week.

In order to keep my stress level down and enjoy some femme-time, I often have to put off other responsibilities. It's either do that, or pretty much never (or very rarely) get the chance to dress up.

As far as an addiction, I'm not sure this is an addiction. I've often thought of it that way, but I think for me it is just more of a necessity in my life - one that I can't get enough of because of other responsibilities. Think of it as swimming but not being able to get enough air while in the water - not a good thing.

If this activity didn't need to be carefully guarded from people and kept in the closet, I'm sure we'd ALL benefit from more girl-time. There'd be no addiction problems because we'd be able to spend 24/7 like this if we chose to.

But it's still a social taboo and we've got to keep it to ourselves (or most of us have to).

My take on it.

curse within
01-25-2009, 12:40 AM
Ive been in your shoes, I take it you are a closet dresser? Some call what you get the " Pink Fog"...It is very demanding I can relate..What I have found is the more you are in the cycle and feed it the more it wants..Will power and balance ,you can do it..

celeste26
01-25-2009, 12:50 AM
by integrating both sides into a single person though there will be femme time that is separate from your guy time its all "your time"

As soon as everyone knows that Jodi is you and you are Jodi then whatever you do, however you're dressed is still you and therefore just do what needs to get done regardless. It of course would require you be out of that soft embrace of the closet and require Jodi to be part of the real world also and until that happens you will continue to feel that pull.

Some people here have managed to do this and they have greatly benefited by it. Yeah we all know the ones.

Karren H
01-25-2009, 01:07 AM
Well I don't need will power!!! I have this thing under complete control.... Aka.... I have my less than accepting wife... She who must be obeyed..

I'll lend her to you if you like?? Lol.

Sara Jessica
01-25-2009, 02:45 PM
For example, faced with taking care of required paperwork, home repairs or other social obligations...

by integrating both sides into a single person though...its all "your time".

The problem, and the seemingly simple solution. Alas, not a likely one for me any time soon, if ever.

JamieDP
01-25-2009, 02:54 PM
I mentioned something similar to this to my therapist once. He recomended I do some research on compulsory behavior. Not only was it Jamie, but I found myself this way about other things...at the time I called it procrastinating. Similar I did things like this in college...playing a video game or hanging out with friends before studying. I find the same thing happening at home now with Jamie sometimes. I get so pre-occupied by my femme self that other things start to slip, like paying bills, etc. I have found that there is a happy medium. Now it does help having an accepting SO who understands my more transgender side. And through observation of her, I often find that I can put on what I need to...hair...some casual femme clothes, go and work on my bills, etc then come back to finish my femme self. There is a place to strike a balance...there is no rule that says you can not write checks, fix the plumbing, etc in a nice pair of hip hugging capris...or hell even a mini if the desire so suits you! I have some work clothes and casuals I use for painting, housework, etc and a nice pair of wedges to run around the house and easy to throw on a mini from old navy or something casual to run out to the store or whatever i need to do...

Sara Jessica
01-25-2009, 03:06 PM
...there is no rule that says you can not write checks, fix the plumbing, etc in a nice pair of hip hugging capris...or hell even a mini if the desire so suits you! I have some work clothes and casuals I use for painting, housework, etc and a nice pair of wedges to run around the house and easy to throw on a mini from old navy or something casual to run out to the store or whatever i need to do...

Sure there's a rule, in my house at least. It means none of this happens if anyone is around!!!

But I agree with you 100% otherwise, those mundane tasks are much less tasks and more enjoyable to do so in girl mode rather than guy mode. Seems to lessen the background noise, allowing for focus on what needs to be done.

tinachristina
01-26-2009, 05:56 AM
I have experienced this many times . In my opinion which is my personal opionion , I have talked to her . The woman/girl inside is like a child. She will have all qualities( good or bad ) that a normal woman can have. And there is no way you can quell this child by force . But you will have to , when you are dressed , talk to her as a matured person and explain to her that you need to do other things as well. Slowly you would notice the change. But you got to do it patiently as you would explain to a child.

Hope this helps
Tina

JoAnne Wheeler
01-26-2009, 09:35 AM
There is more to life than CDing - although at times I'm not so sure - but we are CDs - we are not GGs - we are males even though sometimes we don't like to admit it - there are things that we have do as males - there are male responsibilities - if I were a full time CDer, I would have to change my whole life, which I can't afford to do

JoAnne Wheeler

mykhelee
01-26-2009, 10:11 AM
I guess I have it good, the gal I rent from has had experience with CD's before, so I can become Khelli whenever she is not expecting company, normally on Saturdays. I spend most weekends at my GF's and she loves my look so I dress shortly after arrival and am dressed all weekend. My roomate recently lost a lot of weight so my wardrobe has just exploded. She just gave me a pair of dark purple "Newport News" knee high 4" boots. Life is good.:heehee:

docrobbysherry
01-26-2009, 11:56 AM
To quote the Beatles! ( More or less!)

I'm not aware of a "woman inside me". And I have the same problem Jody does! There's no arguments inside me, just guilt!:sad:

Call it an addiction, compulsion, whatever! If I'm NOT dressing, I'm working at, or thinking about dressing. What can I wear, or how can I improve my looks? Gymicks, tricks, clothes, new boots, different foundation wear, different colors, styles, new wigs, etc. Anything that mite make me look better, or different!:eek:

And the result is; things that NEED DOING don't get done! They r not critical, but R important, and they just get put further and further off! :sad:

One of my big regrets of CDing, is that too many day to day tasks get put off! I know better, but I just CAN'T HELP IT!:brolleyes:

CLARRISA
01-26-2009, 06:20 PM
I know exactly how you feel...i currently feel completely taken over by it .theres tasks that i know i should get on with..studying..maintenance etc...and i am trying to integrate the two sides..but she only wants to do what she wants to do..like trying something different on, ooo must shave my legs...must surf the net for more info on this problem etc...oh dear thats another evening wasted...its hard when it gets like this however, something usualy allways comes up to snap us out of it..so maybe its best to just go with the flow until that time comes again..all the best..