PDA

View Full Version : Las Vegas Wedding

Lori Robins
01-25-2009, 02:18 AM
Hiya again girls, my wonderful SO and I are getting married in Vegas in March and need to find a good friendly chapel to do the deed!! Does anyone know or had any experience/stories of which one is the most accepting. There will only be the two of us (eloping woohoo :love:) so we don't need a big place, just a nice romantic place that will accept two brides!!!!

MarciManseau
01-25-2009, 09:59 AM
Never been to Las Vegas, so I have no advice, but I did want to send you our best wishes. I'm sure you'll make a lovely bride, and I know we all hope you share your wonderful wedding photos with all of us.

If Julie and I ever decide to make it legal, we'll both be brides too.

Hugs, Marci and Julie :hugs:

PretzelGirl
01-25-2009, 11:29 AM
I am sure that the chapels there have seen it all. Las Vegas seems to have quite a cross section of everything people are and it is all out in the open. You could probably pick any one and then just bring up what you want when you make your reservation to be sure everything is cool.

Shannon
01-25-2009, 11:43 AM
My wife and I got married at the wedding chapel at the Monte Carlo. They have a variety of packages at different price points (including a photographer). We were both delighted -- they handled all the details. I don't know about their level of acceptance; call and ask!

Best wishes to the both of you!

Nora
01-25-2009, 11:55 AM
HI Lori:

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Maybe I can help. I have been to four wedding and renewal of vows at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding chapel. All four were Crossdressed affairs. Two were performed during the annual Diva Las Vegas , which insured the couple off a large wedding party.

The chapel was extremely accomodating and the sevices were very moving.

If you are looking for a good and accomodating place to get married then I suggest you check with them.

Here is the link.

http://www.vivalasvegasweddings.com/

By the way if you want Elvis to perform the ceremony that can be arranged.

Nora

Hiya again girls, my wonderful SO and I are getting married in Vegas in March and need to find a good friendly chapel to do the deed!! Does anyone know or had any experience/stories of which one is the most accepting. There will only be the two of us (eloping woohoo ) so we don't need a big place, just a nice romantic place that will accept two brides!!!!

Di
01-25-2009, 12:26 PM
A friend of mine that met her wife here on the forum got married at Viva losvegas chapel (the link Nora gave) ....the two brides had the live Internet wedding broadcast so friends could join in.

beenherelongtime
01-25-2009, 02:34 PM
good luck and best wishes

MissConstrued
01-25-2009, 06:11 PM
just a nice romantic place that will accept two brides!!!!

I suspect that would be just about any of them. Anything goes in Lost Wages.

And remember: what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas! :D

CherylKCCD
01-25-2009, 09:44 PM
My SO and I were one of the couples Nora is referring to. We had our ceremony during Diva Las Vegas at the Viva Las Vegas wedding Chapel. We had 53 witnesses at the ceremony and 80 people at the reception.

Viva Las Vegas offers a limo service to pick you up at the location of your choice. We had makeovers and got dressed at Glamour Boutique. The limo picked us up there. After the ceremony, they dropped us at Bahama Breeze for the reception.

We didn't want Elvis to officiate at our wedding, and the man who performed the ceremony said some beautiful things about our commitment to each other. There were plenty of tears all around the room.

We received a video of the ceremony and a portfolio of still pictures.

I planned the whole thing and made all the arrangements myself.

We also had our "standard" wedding ceremony in Las Vegas. Nora's male side was at this ceremony also. The only person at both.

We still have our dresses that we both bought at David's Bridals and are willing to discuss making them available to a serious loving couple. P.M. me for details.

Good luck to you both, and enjoy your day.

Cheryl

Lori Robins
02-04-2009, 04:41 AM
Hiya girls, well we have made a decision and have chosen to go with Diva Las Vegas. My SO used to be a mad Rocky Horror fan and when she saw the Rocky Horror theme wedding she went ape and said we gotta do that!!! And who better to marry us than one of the most famous trannys of them all!!! So I am busy trying to learn moves and songs at the moment!!!!
:love: :hugs:

Angie G
02-04-2009, 09:49 AM
I don't know where you can go but I think that's great you girls doing this. I hope you both have a wonderful day. And gongrats Lori.:hugs:
Angie

Beth785
02-04-2009, 06:22 PM
If you need any backup singers, let me know. A friend and I once did "Time Warp" karaoke. There weren't any words on this one, so I had to do it from memory. I did better than she did!

hjt101
02-04-2009, 06:48 PM
I originally got married in Las Vegas. We picked up the license downtown, then went to the Tropicana Hotel (tropicanalv.com) and got married beside the water falls. It was just the two of us and the minister. it was quick, simple, and I think it is about $400 including a dozen photos.

trannie T
02-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Take the advice that everyone has offered, get married by the waterfall at the Tropicana by an Elvis impersonator in drag while doing the Time Warp. Most wedding photos are as interesting as oatmeal, yours might be worth seeing. May the two of you have a long and happy life together.

Lori Robins
03-19-2009, 07:38 PM
WOW, thats all I can say!!! The wedding was GREAT, and Amy from Glamour Boutique did an absolutely amazing job, I felt so pretty, she is a wizard!!!!! Anyone thinking of going to Vegas should see her for a makeover. I will post some photos in a couple of weeks when we get home. Afterwards we went out on the town and had a fantastic time.

:love:

leslie ann
03-19-2009, 10:56 PM
congrats:drink:

Sarah_GG
03-20-2009, 03:28 AM
Congratulations! Can we see the pics?

:love:

Holly
03-20-2009, 09:36 AM
Woo hoo Lori and Ms Lori. Congratulations!

Daenna Paz
03-20-2009, 09:49 AM
Congrats congrats congrats.....I agree with Sarah - let's see those pics! :daydreaming:

JoAnne Wheeler
03-20-2009, 11:24 AM
I hope you two have a beautiful wedding - be sure and take a lot of pictures

and then share them with us - congratulations to both of you

JoAnne Wheeler

Highland Anne
03-20-2009, 12:42 PM
I wish you both a long and happy marriage.