PDA

View Full Version : Aggression

Jan W
06-15-2005, 04:32 AM
How have you girls reacted to aggresive behaviour from men while you are out dressed?

Whether it is verbal as in abuse from a vehicle or verbal face to face or physical , how have you handled the situation?

Why do we allow ourselves to be put into such a situation?

ronna
06-15-2005, 05:58 AM
Jan,
just yesterday I was driving home from work wearing my clip-on gold hoop earrings and I heard the guy next to me yelling out his window. I tried to ignore it until I decided he was yelling at me. When I turned my head, it was somebody I know from work. I realized he wasn't angry, he was just making fun of me. So I don't think I have to worry about him beating me up the next day at work, but I don't know if I'll have to explain anything or just keep quiet about it. I need some tinted windows!

Tristen Cox
06-15-2005, 06:29 AM
Haven't had any abuse while out, but it would be nice to play from this side of things for once and put them in their place. Does that sound bitchy :confused:

Jenny Beth
06-15-2005, 07:56 AM
I have never had any problems beyond a few rude comments. I just ignore it, responding in any way isn't a good idea since there are those out there who are looking for a confrontation.

mariej
06-15-2005, 03:40 PM
Not exactly sure if this is the kind of abuse you were refering to but I thought you might enjoy anyway.

Extract from a recent email sent to one of my UK friends...................

When I go to Shrewsbury I always park in the muti story in the centre. It is expensive but very handy.However all the times I have been before the car park was pay on exit but guess what they've changed it to? Those bloody machines where you pay before you leave!!! I think you can guess the rest.When I saw the unmanned barriers I realised my mistake . Too late . A half dozen cars had drawn up behind me and I couldn't get the barrier up . Bugger. Actually what I did say was a bit stronger than bugger it rhymed with"clucking bell" !! So what do I do now. Leave the car and go and pay? That would have taken at least ten minutes the machines were what seemed miles away and in my confused state I couldn't even remember where they were! Do I ram through the barriers? Believe me it did cross my mind ! Then the chap in the car behind came to my window and says What's the problem love? I don't know what came over me but now I do know I have a very strong feminine element within me because I said to him in my posh voice, which if I say so myself I can do quite well, I'm so awfully sorry to be a nuisance but I appear to have done something wrong could you be a darling and help me ? He was quite the gent and asked me for my ticket and said he would go and pay for me. While he was away two chaps with hi viz coats turned up and asked what the problem was and I explained. One said If that chap has gone to pay I can let you out and released the barrier manually. I said thank you so much and cleared off but not before I heard one of the car park chaps say" Bloody stupid woman!" I realised shortly after that I hadn't given that chap any money!! I'd been in there for about 6 hours it was going to cost him about £6 or 7. I did feel guilty but not for long.

L&P
Mariej
xx

gender_blender
06-16-2005, 04:44 PM
Surprisingly, I never have had a confrontation with an aggressive male while dressed as a female in public, but seeing as I've acquired my black belt in shotokan, I'm always prepared for such an occasion.

Charlie

Cissy Suzie
06-16-2005, 05:11 PM
I don't actually go out much anymore in Suzie mode, I used to a bit when I was much younger and at that time I could pass quite easily. Now, at long last testosterone has reared its ugly head and I just don't really look right out and about if you know what I mean.

But, on reading the posts, I actually have been gay bashed while just out in boy mode, not cruising for love or messing around, but just parking my truck and walking to a bar.

The bar is in midtown Atlanta, on Peachtree Street, across the street from what at the time was the hugest gay bar in the Southeast US, Backstreet was the name of it. It has since closed, another gay bar is just up the street, Bulldogs. The bar I was going to is a very eccentric place named the Vortex, semi biker bar but frequented by all manner of people from IBM execs to all out alternative lifestylers. It is a cool place.

Anyway, I parked my truck on a side street off Peachtree next to the building where the Vortex is. I had to walk a half block to get up to Peachtree and as I turned the corner a guy rushed up yelling, "Hey faggot!"

I turned around just in time to get his fist right in my left eye! I had no time to react, or anything and he was gone.

I had a huge shiner for about a week.

You don't have to be dressed up to get abuse, take it from me.

Rachel Morley
06-17-2005, 12:03 AM
I often wear obvious feminine clothes as a guy in public. Only once have I had someone call me a faggot. I get a few stares from time to time but for the most part I get knowing smiles from women. When I am with my wife I never get any problems at all. I still get the smiles from women though.

Angel