PDA

View Full Version : need to get it all out

simpsonfan5
01-26-2009, 03:42 PM
You may want to simply ignore this post, but i just felt the need to get my whole story off my chest...

I remember feelings when i was as young as 8 or 9 when i would wish upon a star or blow out my birthday candles that i would be able to wake up the next day and live one day as a girl, just to feel what its like. When i was about 12, my family stayed over at a friends place who had 4 daughters, and one night when i went to sleep they thought it would be fun tp put make-up on me and paint my nails...i woke up and once i realized what had happened i rushed to the bathroom, embarrassed. i tried for a moment to remove it all, but partway through, i realized it was early and most everyone was either gone or asleep...i found one of the girls bras in the bathroom and enjoyed my first ever crossdressing experience.

once we returned home, i would occasionally sneak some panties or makeup from my mom and crossdress for a few minutes, and even wore panties to bed once or twice...this went on for some time, but when i was around 13 i got caught.
my parents were out for the evening, leaving me and my two younger brothers home by ourselves. they were very into the movie they were watching so i decided to venture out. i locked my parents door and headed for the closet. i found a bra, panties, high heels (that i fit in at 13) and a dress to wear about the room for at least an hour. until now i had been very careful with what i did, but in the midst of changing back, i accidentally left a few things out of place and left my socks in the closet with the evidence. the next morning i was caught...my parents took me up to their room and had a good chat with me, where i made up a story about playing truth or dare and this was my dare and on and on...i dont know if they believed me, but they let it go eventually. this experience scared me off of crossdressing for a while, but i couldnt be held back forever.

my next experience happened when i was 16. at this point, i started getting home from school at about 2:30 every afternoon, and most days my mom (and everyone else) was gone till about 3 or 330. it took some time, but i eventually ventured back to the forbidden closet...and my crossdressing started again. realizing my mom's clothes no longer fit me anymore (and her style was getting a bit old) once i had my license and a car of my own, i began to make occasional trips to places like walmart around 2 am to pick up a pair of underwear here or a skirt there. the real payday came when, after a church event, some clothes were donated to charity and were temporarily stored at my parents house. i waited for the right moment and was able to get everything a girl needed...bras, panties, skirts, blouses...everything. this went on till i was 17 and i decided to purge it all for the sake being a better person (or so i thought at the time). this was only temporary, because by the time i hit college, i was in full swing again.

once more, midnight trips to walmart became my obsession. my wardrobe grew, and thanks to the help of a girl i met at college, so did my makeup. she seemed to like me, and i told her one night in an online chat i was headed to walmart. she asked what for, and i told her for some high heels. with some convincing, she decided to meet me there, and she brought with her plenty of makeup for me to use along with my wardrobe. she taught me how to apply makeup too! after that, however, she seemed to lose interest. seeing a guy you like in a skirt and high heels while applying his make up seemed to be a turn off for her.

during this time a few trips were taken to relatives and friends, and one cousin in particular, his name is Drew, seemed to share my enjoyment for crossdressing (though i think it was more a joke to him than an enjoyment). he and i, when left alone on one or two occasions, would sneak into one of the girls' closets and dawn bras and dresses and pretend we were sisters...we even found a wig we took turns wearing. however, on another visit, in which we were playing a board game alone in one of the girls' rooms when i ventured into the closet and put on a skirt, bra, and blouse, he didnt seem to want to join me. i realized he had either given it up or was not serious about it in the first place, and i again became alone.
i found solace in the internet, coming here, and to singles websites...i even had a few "phone chats" with other CD's and TGs, none of which provided any comfort to my situation and only made me feel worse about myself because of the content of these calls. one guy, from WA DC, even offered to fly me out to see him where i could play "call girl" for him all week long...i did seriously think about the offer..the chance to dress all day was tempting, but i knew i wasnt gay, and a homosexual experience wasnt something i wanted when i really thought about it

anyway, eventually i found a good friend (we will call her M), who i met via the internet who enjoyed keeping up over the phone. talking about clothes and makeup with her was a good outlet for quite some time. eventually, however, i purged once again in preparation to go on a mission for my church. everything went out, including my desire to crossdress...at least for a while.

while on my mission, i had occasional instances where i thought back to my crossdressing days, and even occasionally bought a girls style jacket or something...but by the time i returned home, i was 21 and those days were all but gone.
i lasted pretty good, i worked a few jobs, got married...but not too long after i found out my wife was pregnant, the temptation arose again. she knows my past of crossdressing, and i have told her i have been tempted...but to my everlasting sorrow i have given in on more than one occasion. i really realized i needed to stop when i took a step back and saw that crossdressing had become an addiction for me...far more than it ever had been when i was younger. the "late studying" i did at school was actually a trip to a womens fashion store or shoe store to try on dresses, skirts and high heels...and if my wife is ever gone for any reason the first thought that comes to my mind is what i should wear while she is out. i hate living like this, and i know that she wont let me be a crossdresser, it was the deal we made when we got married. she would never cheat on me, i would never crossdress. not that i thought she would...but she is far better looking than me, and i have to constantly fight off competition for her all the time.

i dont know how long i will last. its been about a month since i last crossdressed, and before that it was about 3 months. i dont want to always have this in the back of my mind, but i know i really dont have a choice...its always going to be there....i guess this is my test...to crossdress or not to crossdress. time can only tell if i can resist the urge more often than i give in.

foxyjj111
01-26-2009, 03:58 PM
wow. i can relate to most of what you/ve said. it's actually a little scary how similar i came into the world of crossdressing.

JillHill
01-26-2009, 04:42 PM
I too heard echos of my own life in crossdressing through you post. It has taken many years to understand it with myself. I have come to peace with it. It was mostly a moral delema with me and it took a lot of study to understand the religious implications, which I think in most cases are none.

I am 61 so it has taken a while. I probably would not be where I am if it were not for the internet. What a great resourcse and if I had had it more of my life my struggle and understanding would have been easier and quicker. Who says the internet is a bad thing?

Blessings and love and support in your struggle to understand your crossdressing. Lov, Jill

JoAnne Wheeler
01-26-2009, 04:45 PM
Now there is a story that we can all relate to - the two strongest things about Crossdressing are #1 the URGE and #2 the PINK FOG

I can relate to so much of your story - it describes so many things that we all go through - I stole 4 of my cousin's "BABY DOLL PJs" and wore them to bed during my teenage years !

The URGE will never let you completely STOP CDing ! I went through 10 years in exile and then BAMM - the URGE hit me so hard - I thought it was over - WRONG - its never over

I'm glad that you found us and have shared - just to know that you are not the ONLY ONE that this every happened to is comforting

Glad to hear your story,

Your Sister,

JoAnne Wheeler

JulieK1980
01-26-2009, 04:59 PM
Its funny the details are different, but the scope of the story seems to correlate with all of us.

I wish you the best of luck, and that you can find peace and balance in your life!:hugs:

Nicole Erin
01-26-2009, 06:07 PM
Sorry about the loss of your friends. The lady though, at least she helped you on your path.

Yeah we have all gone thru phases of being "Done" with our CD'ing.
For about 4 or 5 years I went thru that phase. I never purged or anything, but just had no desire and thought I was no longer CD. Well, about the time we moved to Indiana, the need to dress hit me like a son of a bitch.

What I recommend you do now, is if you DO have to hide dressing, see if there are any local CD groups. They do not judge and usually have someplace you can change

Someone might come along and say the usual "you promised your wife" crap but seriously, if you supress your inner femme side, she WILL bust her way out eventually. Even if you have to hide it. Many CD's do hide it, Unfortunately, it is part of our "gift" that some CD's have to hide.

If you are looking for encouragement to stop dressing altogether, this is not the place. What we can do is share our experiences or whatever but we are not gonna sit here and tell you to stop.

Shannen
01-26-2009, 06:26 PM
I won't pretend to have any answers for you... Most of us face the same issues daily...

I don't think it's good to keep it all bottled in. It's good to have a place like this to post, but having someone in your life that you can talk to would be a great help. Even if you need to find someone to "talk you out of it" when you get the urge... You might not find that here... talking about the desire to wear a skirt would have me dressed in one faster than you can say pantyhose!

good luck,

:hugs:

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-26-2009, 07:04 PM
I read your entire post. I can relate directly to some of your points, and know the feelings you felt throughout your life all too well.

I'm not sure what exactly you were looking for in posting, aside from getting it off your chest. How did it feel? I hope you feel at least some relief - knowing that your story was read by people who truly understand it. :)

I try to be optimistic with people while also being truthful. Sometimes, one or the other gives a little, but I do try.

In regards to your crossdressing. I don't think your cding is an addiction, but rather a part of you that you cannot live without. If it were an addition, you'd probably find yourself forgetting everything else in your life and just do whatever you have to do to crossdress every waking moment of your life. Some cd's do crossdress every waking moment of their lives, but not in an addition sense - they life productive, healthy lives as crossdressers. So your need to crossdress is in fact a need - one that all of us here share. But just because we need something does not mean it is an addition. Do you like chocolate? If not, pick another candy or treat you enjoy very much and then try to imagine NEVER allowing yourself to ever touch it again. Bet you give in to temptation sooner or later. ;) The main difference between crossdressing and chocolate is one is accepted by society and the other is not. That does not make it a sickness or deviant behavior though.

Accept the fact that your crossdressing urges will never go away. Bury them as deep as you can, but you'll only drive yourself to the brink of insanity at some point and question who you really are. Don't question it - just accept it.

If your marriage agreement was that she'll be faithful so long as you give up crossdressing, period... I'm sorry, my friend. You have a tough road ahead of you. Your crossdressing needs won't go away any more than your need to breathe air will. How much longer can you hold your breath before you start to suffocate? Sooner or later you'll need to work your crossdressing out with your wife. If she is not accepting of it, you'll either need to live a life of secrecy forever, lie to yourself and try to convince yourself that you don't need to crossdress (good luck with that one), or deal with the painful process of divorce on grounds of unreconcilable differences.

I hope you can work things out with your wife, but first you need to accept youself for who you are.

Don't be confused by your urges - it's perfectly natural. What's not natural is that society seems to want to force things in to all black or all white and not allow any gray area. Not very smart, is it? I'm guessing you're smarter than that. Remember that society used to be very unaccepting of women wearing pants, learning to read, and voting. ;) In time, society will loosen up about people like us too. Probably not any time soon, but you shouldn't be afraid to be yourself just because of some stupid social taboo. There are far more crossdressers among us than we'll ever probably know. And some of us like to meet up here and other places on the net. :) Now do we sound at all like a crazy, deviant, bunch of perverts? Or maybe like any other group of people with something in common.

Btw - did you know that some women rather enjoy the company of a crossdressing man? Wish I could introduce you to my wife. She's not only accepting of my crossdressing, she buys me all sorts of pretty things and does my makeup for me. She loves my man side and my feminine side - she loves ME! I put that out there should you find youself walking down divorce road feeling like it is the end of life and the end of love. God loves you, we love you and there's a woman waiting to love you too (if your wife chooses not to). :)

Wow - I wrote almost as much as you! :heehee:

Karen564
01-26-2009, 07:54 PM
Since your still young, I would suggest you speak with a theripist about it, maybe there's more to it than you think. IDK, just a suggestion..

I have GID, and did all the dressing things too from an very early age, but have always felt born in the wrong body, but passed it off as just being a CD thing, but found out I was way wrong about it as I learned about the differences in the way we think & feel.

Good Luck,
Karen

Persephone
01-27-2009, 02:50 AM
Wow! Your story of your early years really hit home! So, so familiar.

Like others here have said, you really might want to consider talking to a therapist or someone who can help you reconcile your feelings. If that someone tells you that you can be "cured" or that you can overcome your crossdressing desires, then RUN, don't walk, to the nearest exit! It just doesn't happen, and their "therapy" will make you feel worse, potentially resulting in dangerous actions on your part.

Your wife probably married you because she loves you and thinks you are a great guy. What she may not realize is that your crossdressing IS part of what makes you that lovable great guy. At some point, you may need to have another talk with her, explaining that you love her, all of her, and that you are the wonderful sum total of all of your parts just as she is the wonderful sum total of all of her parts.

Best thoughts and may God continue to shine grace upon you.

Hugs,

DanaR
01-27-2009, 03:15 AM
I agree with Persephone (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?u=60216), you need to talk to your wife.

Pattie O
01-27-2009, 03:34 AM
I have found an increasing desire to dress during the last 12 months.It has always been with me since I was very young but I have had occassions where CDing consumes me like the Pink Fog everyone talks about and sometimes it is just donning a pair of panties and stockings and enjoying the sensation for a while.I believe I have crossdressed more when stressed or upset and it does seem to help me thru these times.Sometimes I feel guilty but I always return to the feeling that well it seems to be part of my persona even though many can not understand this.I have had some discussions with women and quite a few have said that you can just accept it like yin & yang or +/- and that kind of helps me in making sense of it all.

Good luck and dont fret about it .Just find your comfort zone with it and every now and then you may get to crossover into the "pink fog"

:daydreaming:Pattie O

Carla Stevens
01-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Simpsonfan5, I can relate to much of that also.
I'm hoping that joining this forum will help me understand & cope with my feelings and emotions about my CD'ing

RylieCD
01-27-2009, 05:30 PM
Great Post, What a way to lay it all out. I too could relate to pretty much your whole story. Stealing moms clothes, trying to find the friend but finding out he is un interested, being caught and lying, etc....

What I could say is that I am still trying to understand (accept) it myself (it takes times, especially when society doesnt). But I tried ignoring the urges, it didnt help. the more I ignored them the more depressed i got and the stronger the urges came.

Good luck

TrekGirl1701
01-27-2009, 09:47 PM
I echo everyone's comments here. That was me when I was younger. Although I've never been caught I used to go to great lengths to get my hands on female clothing. And I've spent years trying to figure out where crossdressing fit in my life. Keeping it bottled in, ignoring it, isn't healthy in my opinion. In the past it has hurt me mentally when I tried to bury those feelings. I'm not married like you, though, so that might not be much help. Maybe find an outlet for your feelings. An alternative to crossdressing that will allow you to be who you want to be and still keep your promise to your wife.

simpsonfan5
01-27-2009, 09:48 PM
Thanks all for the replies. I really didnt expect any! Well right now im back to 1 day without crossdressing...guess I really can't lay it all out there without stirring up some old feelings...
I think im going to try an asortment of ideas offered up from the group...i will try to just live my life as a man most the time, and find those times to be my girlish self when the opporitunity arises at good times when i dont risk being caught by family or my wife or anyone...and i think with time my wife will come to understand me better. we have had a few talks, now and then, and the "now" talks are becomming more understanding of the "then talks" (when i first brought this up, she asked if i was gay...cant blame her for not understanding what she had never heard or experience before). I think im not the only one between us reaching out to the internet for support. I think she has done her homework and is starting to understand what I am going though, just like i helped her as she goes through hard times herself. I guess i will get my "girl nights" here and there and latley i have been avoiding them when i am all alone at home for 2-3 hours, but now i think that embracing those moments to express my femme side will acutally be healthy for me.
Thanks all, i think i am starting to understand who i really am inside.