PDA

View Full Version : Pretending to be someone

LeotardMan
01-26-2009, 06:41 PM
I was just wondering for those that CD when we were young. When you would CD when you were younger did you ever pretend you were someone? Did you pretend to be your mom, someone on television, women in clothing catalogs??

For me I would pretend to be a few different people. I used to love to pretend I was Jane Fonda or Kathy Smith on the exercise videos leading an exercise class. I also use to watch Georgiou’s Ladies of Wrestling (GLOW) And I would sometimes love to pretend I was a GLOW wrestler. However, when I was about 13 or 14 I was taking Karate with my mom and saw her sparring one time so from that point on if I pretended I was a glow wrestler I would pretend to be my mom as a lady wrestler.

Geoff

ColleenW
01-26-2009, 07:40 PM
I just pretended I was a girl.

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-26-2009, 07:48 PM
I just pretended I was a girl.

Yeah - me too.

I'd pretend to be different female characters, but pretty much just ones I made up in my own mind.

One funny thing is that I used to pretend to be a stuntman. I learned as a kid that most stunts in film/tv were done by men, even if the character was female. I figured if I became I stunt man, I would get to dress up like a woman to do female character stunts. lol That was back in the 70's btw. Now there are probably just as many stunt-women as their male counterparts (guessing).

StephanieT
01-26-2009, 09:53 PM
I just liked dressing up. Put on my mom's bra, put oranges in for breasts and tried on her clothes. I didn't pretend to be anyone.

Karren H
01-26-2009, 11:02 PM
I just liked dressing up. Put on my mom's bra, put oranges in for breasts and tried on her clothes. I didn't pretend to be anyone.

Same here... Except I didn't like citrus that much!! Lol I didn't pretend to be anyone either... Just me.. Wearing girls clothes!!..

Ballerina
01-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Nah, but I would day dream and create stories where it'd be ok for me to be dressed.

docrobbysherry
01-27-2009, 12:09 AM
That I knew who I was. And that I knew what I was doing. And that I knew who I wanted to be when I grew up.:daydreaming:

And, that I knew s--- from Shinola! But, I DIDN'T know anything!:brolleyes:

Shannon
01-27-2009, 12:17 AM
I never pretended to be someone else - but I pretended to be with someone else, usually some girl that I knew in school.

Wow -- GLOW! That was about 20 years ago. What fun it was to watch them.

britneyb
01-27-2009, 12:34 AM
I would pretend to be my moms only daughter. when in fact i was her only boy. I seemed to play dress up a lot, I would put on my cousins things and wish I could walk to church in matching dresses it only happen once on Halloween thoe where we did that, i was old for a boy maybe 10 or so

DawnRodgers
01-27-2009, 12:46 AM
I always just thought of myself as me but a female. Just wanted, and still do want, to be seen as an everyday, normal woman. Working as one, going out as one, living my life as one. Don't nevessarily want to stand out but actually wouldn't mind hetting an occasional wolf whistle or compliment, be asked on a date that kind of thing. That was, and still is, my desire.

Leohose
01-27-2009, 01:21 AM
Any number of those sexy women teaching dancemoves in their leotard and tights, I worked hard to look good in my leotards

sometimes_miss
01-27-2009, 08:14 AM
I often pretend that I am the girl in the picture advertisement of the outfit I buy. I think that's probably pretty common for some GG's as well. That's how they sell the clothes, by making us think we will look like the girl in the ad. And in my delusional mind, I do.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-27-2009, 03:32 PM
I DREAMED of being a GIRL and being able to join in with my GG cousins and enjoy the things that they did when I was young - I only wish that I could have beeb brave enough to tell them how I felt

JoAnne Wheeler