PDA

View Full Version : wife get mad for cd-ing while she's away?

jo_ann
01-26-2009, 07:06 PM
I have to preface in case people don't know me that my wife has no problem with my crossdressing.

Anyone actually get more flac when they dress while she's away. And I swear I don't know how she figures it out, I guess I don't get my makeup off good enough or something (and my wife is a machine with detail). She thinks that by doing that, that I don't feel comfortable around her, or that I'm hiding something that doesn't need to be hidden. I just find that when she's around I:
A. Don't have the same desire to do so when she's not around
B. Am usually too busy doing stuff together/helping her
C. Feel slightly silly doing it in front of her, not to mention I feel like it's not fair for her to be around a femme husband (even though she accepts it). I look at photos of myself and think if I were a girl, would I really appreciate being around myself?

What do you think?

Sheila
01-26-2009, 07:09 PM
Have you actually asked your wife what she would prefer hun ?

trish lee
01-26-2009, 07:16 PM
I know exactly what your saying , sometimes i get the pink fog going on , have my fun , cleanup everything and i do mean everything , in walks my lovely bride and the first question is " Did you have fun today? " It's like how in the world did you know!:o She doesn't really care as long as something was done around the house:)

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-26-2009, 07:19 PM
For a long time I had to hide it from my wife. For more than 10 years, it was something I could only do while she was out and it wasn't easy. I made mistakes and almost got busted a few times, but always came up with stories she seemed to either accept or not care to know more about.

After coming out to her last year, I really love doing it while she's around. There are times that I prefer to do it while she's out though. Sometimes I do get the feeling that she's just being tolerant of it and might not want to see me all femmed up, even though I don't get to do it often. I've talked to her about that and it's usually just my own sense of uncertainty getting the best of me.

She has expressed that she prefers that I crossdress when she's home rather than when she's not. In a weird way, I think she almost feels a sense of missing out or something if I crossdress while she's out. There are some things she bought for me that she insists I only wear when she's home and only wear when she's in the mood to see me in them. There's no hell to pay if I don't follow this, but I usually do out of respect for her and because she's such a good wife to me.

I never look at my self all femmed up and wonder why would my wife want to be with a femme husband. I'm her man AND I'm her girl. We're best friends, lovers, and soul mates. I'm not ashamed of what I am in the slightest around her. There are times when I overwhelm her with my cding, but she's my wife and loves me for who I am, period. No shame. No looking down upon me for being girly sometimes. I'm her man and she knows I'm her man - even when I'm in heels and a short skirt! :)

I wonder if your discomfort around your wife might be your own insecurities getting the best of you? It happens to me too - about a number of things. Something I always need to work on about myself. Perhaps you do too? :)

JamieDP
01-26-2009, 08:40 PM
Jo_ann and Gabrielle...can I say both of you said thing that hit home...and hit deep for me. My wife too almost appears offended or mayb dissapointed is a better word if I dress with out her. I have thought the same thing, it is almost as if she thinks she were being left out of something. She will also ask me why I dont dress around her and its wierd...I often have the desire to but feel silly doing it if she in the house. It is almost easier for me to dress up when she's not home, but if she comes home and I am dressed...no worries or problems...it's just the act of getting dolled up...and maybe its getting all dressed up with no place to go (j/k). I often think to myself that my own insecurities are playing into it here....I often too think that she is just being tolerant. Then I often think how much of that is baggage from past relationships where one was accepting (including my parents) but then threw something in my face again later and I fear feeling so vulnerable about something so dear and personal. I am soo glad someone mentioned this tonight...i'd love to talk to either of you more about your experiences with this...
This is also lead to my huge hesitation in "getting out". I feel I will catch a lot of flack from her if I go out with out her dressed and she finds out. I don't think she'd ultimately have a major issue with that, but I do think she'd be a bit annoyed that she didn't come along. I wish I could shake that insecurity.

-JDP

Marissa Mae
01-26-2009, 09:01 PM
It's a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" sort of thing. When I suggest dressing around her, she turns negative. She is tolerant, but she NEVER has anything positive to say. At the same time, if I do it while she is not around and she finds out, yes, she thinks that I have been shady, or have been keeping things from her :strugglin I don't know anymore... I always invite her along, always, am truly open with her, yet I get flak either way I go.

beenherelongtime
01-26-2009, 09:54 PM
why don't you take her out to a nice dinner, and talk about this reaction and ONLY this reaction, find out why she doesn't like you dressing when she's away.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-27-2009, 03:41 PM
My Spouse KNOWS that I dress when she is away - I also dress when she is at home - our Spouses need/have to know that we HAVE TO dress or we just go bonkers - I do

JoAnne Wheeler

PretzelGirl
01-31-2009, 10:37 AM
It is really simple. They know we are driven so if they guess we dressed while they were out, they are probably right about 99% of the time! ;)

docrobbysherry
01-31-2009, 10:47 AM
I have to preface in case people don't know me that my wife has no problem with my crossdressing.
I actually get more flac when I dress while she's away. She thinks that by doing that, that I don't feel comfortable around her, or that I'm hiding something that doesn't need to be hidden.

What do you think?

I think your wife has a problem with your CDing!:doh: