PDA

View Full Version : My mother-in-law is a ^$@*$$&&*%!

Carroll
01-26-2009, 07:30 PM
Today my mother-in-law called and bitched my wife out because I am a crossdresser. My wife's one sister complained her mother that I might destroy her so called "perfect" marriage.(Yeah, she is illegally married to two men right now) Her mother continued to blame me for my wife's mental issues. She tells her that she should see our pastor and find a cure for me. She also tells my wife that none of her grandkids should be exposed to this evil perversion.
I told Marlene that I wont take any of my Carroll stuff on our trip to California. She told me that I was going take my stuff because the sister we are staying with wants to meet Carroll, and does not give a crap about what her mother says.She told Marlene is her house and she'll do what ever she wants in it. I felt so bad, I told my wife I was sorry she even brought it up to her family and for me to even consider trying to want to dress while on vacation. I am still thinking whether or not to take my stuff with me.

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-26-2009, 07:54 PM
There will always be haters out there. But I'm not sure that your crossdressing is the true fuel for your mother-in-law's anger. I would guess that she (for whatever reason) prefers your wife's other husband and will use whatever character flaw (or what she sees as one) that she feels she can ruin you with (in the eyes of her daughter).

Sounds like typical in-law family politics to me. I don't have much advice for you, but I feel your pain. I've dated girls before who's families really didn't care for me and they would use anything to get them away from me. My cding never came up as hate-material though, since I was not out to any girl I ever dated prior to my own wife.

I hope you and your wife are able to work the family turmoils out and remain together. Good luck with it. :)

Carroll
01-26-2009, 08:00 PM
There will always be haters out there. But I'm not sure that your crossdressing is the true fuel for your mother-in-law's anger. I would guess that she (for whatever reason) prefers your wife's other husband and will use whatever character flaw (or what she sees as one) that she feels she can ruin you with (in the eyes of her daughter)

Its one of my wife's sisters that has the "perfect" marriage:)
This woman has not liked me since the day I told her to stop treating her daughter like crap. She has always put my wife down

Gabrielle Hermosa
01-26-2009, 08:06 PM
Its one of my wife's sisters that has the "perfect" marriage:)
This woman has not liked me since the day I told her to stop treating her daughter like crap. She has always put my wife down

Sorry about the mix up. :)

It seems to me that your mother-in-law dislikes how you take away her power over her daughter.

Good for you though. Don't let her talk down to your wife. Don't let her make your wife believe she's not good enough or whatever she fills her head with. You let you wife know she's a good, deserving person!

I think you've discovered why your crossdressing is being brought in as the big issue. Your mother-in-law doesn't want to loose the control/power of "put-down" that she's always had over her daughter. I hope you can all work things out though. In-laws aren't going away - remember that. Try to find a peace with the family rather than do battle. Don't shoot to kill, try to understand where they're coming from (even if it is distorted and wrong) and figure out a common ground to work things out on. Easier said than done, I know, but a wise move if you can do it. Good luck! :)

docrobbysherry
01-26-2009, 08:54 PM
Your post makes my closet feel all the more comfy!:brolleyes:

Celeste
01-26-2009, 09:12 PM
No way,my mother in law helped to throw a wrench into the gears of things before my divorce,it wasn't CD related though.Try to stay a step ahead of the manipulation but be nice,maybe get a gift.If you buy her a big enough box of chocolates it might shut her up for a while.

It will also let her know that she's not getting to you and that your around for the long haul.

beenherelongtime
01-26-2009, 09:49 PM
don't let you mil control you, think clearly what you and your wive want to do. and even your sister in law that sounds nice and wants to meet both of you. consider her it is her home and it doesn't sound like she wants her mother to run it.

Karren H
01-26-2009, 11:38 PM
Awwww. That sucks!! I love my MIL and she loves me!! :). No friggin way am I telling her about my hobby and ruining our relationship!!!

Billijo49504
01-26-2009, 11:39 PM
Tell theMIL to have a good life and hope she loves the person she sees in the mirror...BJ

Niya W
01-27-2009, 12:55 AM
Sounds like your wife's sister ( the one that wants to see you) is sick of your mother in laws crap. Sound like you wife might be fed up with it

Tashee
01-27-2009, 08:44 AM
events even if its family-------- do yourself and a favor and DON'T get caught up in Springer moments------family-so called -friends-- sometimes are the worst

you may not understand this---but you hold the destiny to your happiness... and what and whom you allow into your life directly effects that said happiness------

family or not---you deserve better than this-------unless you enjoy the drama---which i am pretty sure you don't---

live free and happy:daydreaming:

leave the negitive to its own----

Stephanie Stephens
01-27-2009, 08:55 AM
You know, it's you and your wife that are married to each other. As far as the rest, well you can only do what you can do. I would be cool and dress in CA.. They already know so what the h...l.

flatlander_48
01-27-2009, 10:42 AM
I do hope that things work out for you and your wife. However, given the Mother-In-Law's predisposition, I think it is going to be all uphill. Good Luck and hang tough...

Jenny Beth
01-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Tough spot to be in, sort of like when the toothpaste gets squeezed out you can't put it back in. One thing is certain, your mother in law will never back down even if you were to quit cd'ing. If your sister wants to meet Carroll and your wife is still okay with the idea don't let someone else ruin your plans. No one else has to know what you and your sister share, let them think what they like because it won't change anything.

mykhelee
01-27-2009, 11:17 AM
I noted that your MIL wished for you to see a Pastor concerning your "perversion". As a former Sunday school teacher I would ask her when she ascended to the right hand of GOD that she deems she has the right to pass judgement upon others, and not have that held against her when her time to be judged comes about. There are many items within Mosaic Law concerning human sexuality, a man who chooses to take on the appearence of a woman is in there. This of course depending on which of the many versions of The Bible you happen to follow, I have seven and they very greatly in what they have to say and the lessons held within. Be true to thineself seems kind of important to me....wait a minute...I'm a Pagan. Our precept is that as long as what you are doing is not causing harm to others then you are accountable to no one but yourself. This does not include offending the delicate sensibilities of your seemingly unreasonable MIL. It is not up to us to judge why she feels the way she does or why she is behaving this way. I am not offended by her words or actions, I do somewhat pity her, she seems to be a rather unhappy person.
May you find peace and allow the light you create guide others to find happiness within themselves.
Khelli

Sheila
01-27-2009, 11:28 AM
Caroll, with your wife & sister-in-law supporting you, why not take you there?

Your sister-in-law is correct, it is her house where you are staying and if she wants to meet Caroll, what the heck has it to do with your mother-in-law.

I am sorry that your mother in law is being a bitch, but if she does not want to meet you then fine she can darn well stay away.

I agree with mykhelee
I would ask her when she ascended to the right hand of GOD that she deems she has the right to pass judgement upon others, and not have that held against her when her time to be judged comes about.
:Angry3::Angry3::Angry3:

Go and enjoy hun :hugs:

Tamara Croft
01-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Who invited you, the MIL or the sister? The sister right? Tell the MIL to preach to someone who gives a crap... she has no right to play God... no right to say you are perverted, it's slander... Go and enjoy yourself :hugs:

Lori A
01-27-2009, 11:32 AM
What's the difference between in-laws and out-laws?

Out-laws are wanted!

amanda w
01-27-2009, 12:45 PM
my mil know befor my wife and i got marred and she loved it. she told my wife if we spitup i could stay with her and my wife could go some place elis.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-27-2009, 03:17 PM
Well you are very fortunate to have your understanding, encouraging Spouse - as far as mothers - in - laws , the hell with them

JoAnne Wheeler

Wendy me
01-27-2009, 03:51 PM
she should see her pastor and find a cure for her being illegally married to two men right now......... and leave you alone...........

kym
01-27-2009, 03:56 PM
If thats the way your MIL wants to be and what she wants to believe, then let her. However don't let her run or ruin your life and that of your wife's and certainly don't let her run your marriage like she seems to want to. Your wifes sister sounds like a very kind and foward thinking individual, if she wants to meet your feminine side then by all means go for it if thats what you are comfortable with. If your MIL wants to get down to brass tacks(and only then)ask her if she wears:pants or dresses, socks, or anything in a mans domain; then when shes says yes then ask her what the difference is and what her views on a woman trying to dress like a man is, after all its the same thing in a sense. Remember "judge not, lest ye be judged"

hugs and kisses
kym

Kelsy
01-27-2009, 04:27 PM
I don't know how your wife feels about her mother but if your mil is going to be that way than cut her off! have nothing to do with her perhaps she will come to her senses someday!:sad:

:hugs:Kelsy

Margot
01-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Carroll; I think you are very considerate for not dressing while you're on vacation and inflaming your mother-in-law's concerns. No use poking a lion in the head with a stick. Have a great holiday anyway!
:hugs:
Margot

Lorileah
01-27-2009, 07:07 PM
I think a key word there is vacation. That is, if I remember correctly when I had one once, a time to relax and enjoy yourself before you have to be someone else the rest of the year.

My MIL doesn't like me dressing but hey she is living in my house and none of her "kin" have offered to take her in so I guess she needs to live with it. My sister in-law promotes it (she is a BIIIIG Rocky Horror fan) and my wife is good with it. I took Lori to Vegas last year and visited my brother.

I wish it wasn't so but too often MIL's think that you are their children and that you should follow their rules. In their house I'll abide by that. The rest of my life is MINE. There I go again being selfish

Carroll
01-27-2009, 07:14 PM
We have decided that I am going to dress during my vacation, just no where near the MIL. I am just going to be polite and courteous around her. I wont start the fire, however, if I have to, I'll put the fire out. I wont stand and let her belittle my dear wife. If need be we will just tell her to have a nice day and not come back during our vacation. Now I just ned to find a few places to go while I'm in Sacramento:)

EryLynn
01-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Carroll, I feel for you.

MIL's can either be a joy and a blessing or ... From what you posted it may be that yours is on the opposite side of welcome. An old friend of mine used to tell people with boorish comments about her attire "Your opinion has been noted. F*** you very much!", with the FY very much being said somewhat quickly. It was hilarious to see people's faces when they thought they'd understood but weren't quite sure....

Your last post says it best. If she insists on being a PITA then just tell her that she's no longer welcome in your home and that she can keep her opinion to herself, oh and by the way ... Have a nice life, don't bother to call back with updates.

Others have said the same thing, if your wife does not object nor your SIL, then tell MIL Buh-Bye....

EryLynn

Niya W
01-28-2009, 09:19 PM
We have decided that I am going to dress during my vacation, just no where near the MIL. I am just going to be polite and courteous around her. I wont start the fire, however, if I have to, I'll put the fire out. I wont stand and let her belittle my dear wife. If need be we will just tell her to have a nice day and not come back during our vacation. Now I just ned to find a few places to go while I'm in Sacramento:)

Sacramento:) Perks up. There is nice group of girls in Sacramento.

Vacations are meant to be fun, time to relax. So just enjoy your self and if you are coming to Sacto during the summer , bring skirts and shorts, and a hat.

Dragster
01-29-2009, 08:15 PM
I too know there's a great group of "Gals" in Sacramento, The River City Gems, and I've not been within 3000 miles of CA for 15 years! Our very own Rachel Morley and his lovely wife Marla are leading lights there. So mosey on down, I'm sure you'll get a great welcome. I really wish I lived in that neck of the woods!

Tony

Angie G
01-29-2009, 09:29 PM
Take you Carroll stuff with you. That sister sounds really cool and you should enjoy you vacation. don't let tha old *%)#&&^ stop you from being you hun.:hugs:
Angie

Sheila
01-30-2009, 03:07 AM
Carroll,, great to read hun that you are gonna take all of you yeah !!!!!

Joanne f
01-30-2009, 04:29 AM
I know exactly how you feel as my mother in law said to my wife when she found out about me " that sort of person should not get married and have children" then we suddenly found that visiting from the so called relations was cut down to once a year (at Christmas) in which a phone call was made first as if to say someone is coming over so dress properly please.