PDA

View Full Version : Renaissance Philadelphia

Ingrid A
01-26-2009, 09:49 PM
OK, my first post. Do any members of this forum attend meetings of the Greater Philadelphia chapter of Renaissance, and if so what can you tell me about the group? I'm trying to work up the courage to attend, and it sure would be nice knowing someone going in.

beenherelongtime
01-26-2009, 09:58 PM
i belonged years ago, and i was not happy, i attended a few meetings in king of prussia, but and this could just be my insecurity or my feeling about not being acceptable, but i felt out of place and did not return for a third meetin. although i did make a contact with one person there and they had a small group meeting in haddonfield or westmont n.j. that i attended, everyone chipped in a paid for the motel room, there were about 15 or 20 in attendance and it was a very nice night.

Linda Mattson
01-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Dear Ingrid:

I am proud to be one of the co-founders of Renaissance so I am biased...but I think it is a terrifically supportive group. Like everyone you may be nervous walking in the door but once there I am fairly certain you will enjoy yourself and more importantly feel secure and comfortable.

Many of my friends I first met at a Reaissance meeting (every 3rd saturday) and the location could not be better. There is also an after meeting at a nearby restaurant/bar.

I highly encourage you to give it a shot and go to a meeting and make your own assessment...just be yourself and be friendly and introduce yourself....once you get to meet a few members everything else is easy!

Good luck...write if i can answer any specific questions.

Linda

Ingrid A
01-26-2009, 10:38 PM
Thanks Linda. Perhaps I'll see you at the next meeting. So is it the third Saturday of each month, meaning that the next meeting is on Feb 21?

Lilia
01-26-2009, 11:36 PM
Hi Ingrid,
I attend those meetings most months. As Linda described, it's a easy to get to and easy to fit in group. Most people continue after the meeting at a nearby restaurant/bar. Both places are safe and quiet. It was the first place I ever went fully dressed.
Give it a shot. Now you know a couple of faces to look for.
- Lilia

Jenny J
01-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Hi Ingrid-

I've attended the Philly group a couple of times and always enjoyed myself. I've made several new friends there and you should be able to make friends too. There's always someone that will spend time and talk to you and you usually find that someone there has a similar story as yours.

Give it a try on the 21st. In fact, if you do go besure to look for me. I should be there. I'll even show you the super secret handshake and I'll show you how to get to the clubhouse. I might even give you a key to the clubhouse but that of course is for the after the meeting.

See you there.

Jen

:rose2:

SherriePall
01-27-2009, 10:59 AM
While we are talking about Renaissance in Philly, who here attends the meetings in Allentown/Bethlehem?

susan2010
01-27-2009, 11:34 AM
I've been to the meetings in King of Prussia (Wayne) and in Delaware. I'd encourage you to go. You can meet some wonderful people there in a setting that is relatively safe and non-threatening. I hope to make the Feb meeting, but have missed many due to family activities. Hope to see you there!
By the way, I'm one of the ones who changes there. They have space available.

beenherelongtime
01-27-2009, 02:03 PM
i guess i just had a bad exerience, good luck to all of you and it certainly sounds as if you will be welcomed. by the way, my first experience was in Wayne.

Jenny J
01-27-2009, 09:59 PM
I also should mention that I belong to the Delaware Renaissance and while a lot smaller in size, they all have big hearts and would welcome any newcomer. If you find you can't make the Phlly meeting on the 3rd Saturday. Come on down to Wilmington on the 2nd Saturday and say hi to the girls there.

They also have facilities to change in and it's in a safe and secure place also.

Jen

:rose2:

Kimberly Marie Kelly
01-27-2009, 10:53 PM
Not a member but have attended several meetings at the Allentown Renaissance meeting's. They meet every 2nd saturday, there are a bunch of nice people MTF, FTM and TS Pre and Post Op. Nice place for the first time out. :battingeyelashes:

Linda Mattson
01-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Andrea:

Here is the link to the group.

http://www.ren.org/page2.html

Linda

alisoncdnj
01-28-2009, 10:12 AM
I am also a member and attend the meetings every chance I get. You will find a very friendly and accepting group of girls there. I always have a great time. The after party is also alot of fun. This was also my first time out fully dressed. Very nervous the first time but everyone I met there was very friendly and made me feel at ease. You won't be disappointed!:)

Robin Alison

kristine239
01-28-2009, 11:52 AM
I am a member at large Ren National and know that they will be happy to have you at their meetings.

No I don't attend GPC or Lehigh Valley meetings because of family reason on weekends.

However many GPC members are helping to produce the Liberty conference and they have developed a wonderful event for all. Take a look at www.transventsusa.org.

See you there.

Love Kristine