PDA

View Full Version : What A Day

Traci Rae 1
01-26-2009, 09:49 PM
Today I stayed home from work , It has been awhile since I have been able to dress , So I had my day planned I was going to go run a few miles in the park , put on my tights running bra and a hoodie short wig , I have do this alot of times so it was just a way of getting my day started everything went fine had a great run went home and dressed for the day just put on my breast forms jeans and a black shirt did my makeup and hair and was off for the mall I have never been to the mall dressed before so this was a first walked into athe mall and was just shopping around a sears store no one gave me a second look was felling pertty good , left the mall and before I I came home I told myself I was going to walk one city block , did tis again no one gave me a second look , wow what a day so jump in my car felling good about the way things have gone about 10 miles away from my ouse a car pulled up next to me honking , frist thing that came to mind is oh hell some one knows its me dresed so I just act like I dont hear them and they back off I dont no the car so who could it be then again here comes a car up next to me its a girl I dont know her she is trying to wave me to the side of the road so I get behind her and make a sharp turn off the freeway I am about 2 miles away now and Oh hell I have a flat tire what do I do so off to a back road where no ones at and their I am stuck I can see the nail in the tire I know their a gas station around the corner so back in the can to the station put air in and speed home, well thats the way my day went how about yours.

Persephone
01-27-2009, 02:25 AM
Bummer about the tire! Otherwise it sounds like you had a great day!

Carole
01-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Could you just have had a bad air day? Sorry couldn't resist!!! :)

JoAnne Wheeler
01-27-2009, 03:14 PM
I have always worried about having a flat tire or car trouble when I am out driving

JoAnne Wheeler

AllieSF
01-27-2009, 10:44 PM
I had one of those days today too. I ran over a heavy steel stair/ladder in the middle of a 5 lane freeway where 2 freeways merge. I knew what to immediately listen for and try to sense (one or more flats). Yes, it was there, so I crossed over 3 lanes to get to the right shoulder and stopped right behind another car.

Knowing the standard drill, parking brake on, loosen nuts first before jacking it up, take the nuts off, roll flat tire behind the car before getting the spare out. Oops, something is wrong with this routine. Oh, I see, that damned flat tire is not flat, why is that? After a very brief pause, I realized that I had removed the wrong tire! So much for that well learned and practiced routine. Maybe I drank too much last night, or had to good of a time out dressed in San Jose! Back on goes the good tire and now for the flat one. Almost got it all taken care of when the Highway patrolman pulled in behind me. Of course, in accordance with the best of Murphy's Law, as I was putting the final tightening on the nuts, the wrench slipped off the nut and I banged my head into the fender (I now have a nice little goose egg on my fore head, a headache and stiff neck). He told me it was a very heavy (over 100 pounds) steel ladder.

As I looked at the center median, there was another car there fixing a flat tire. The car in front of me had a flat but was waiting for someone to come and help. As I went towards home about 3 miles further down the road I saw about 10 cars on both sides of my lanes of traffic parked and fixing flats. Someone's lousy tie down of loose metal is costing us poor (literally) citizens thousands of dollars.

I went right to my tire guy. I needed 2 new tires (both got damaged) and I told them to to check the alignment to be safe. "You are all ready Mr. ....." "How was the alignment?", I casually and innocently asked. No, they didn't do that, so back on the rack. Half an hour later and almost $500.00 poorer, I had 4 new tires and an aligned car. They found a third damaged tire, so I got the fourth to start from scratch again. Thankfully, I was in drab and could play my normal dumb male self, which by the way, I am very good at.