PDA

View Full Version : Bride Wars

AKAMichelle
01-26-2009, 11:34 PM
Thought I would share a funny story that happened tonight.

I took my wife to see the movie Bride Wars tonight. While my wife was in the restroom, one of the women saw us together and said, "You are lucky to have your husband come to the movie with you. I couldn't drag my husband to this movie." When my wife told me the story, I immediately told her that she should have told him why I was so willing to see the movie. That I have a feminine side and I crossdress. I told my wife that any of those women could have had a husband come to the movie if they had had enough foresight to marry a crossdresser.

My wife is not very accepting of my crossdressing which is what makes this story so funny. She has always viewed my crossdressing as a bad thing, but here was a situation where it was a good thing.

SherylynJade
01-27-2009, 03:29 AM
I'm still wanting to see that movie. I even have the movie poster of it. Was it pretty good?

Laurie909
01-27-2009, 04:25 AM
I went and saw it by myself (I'm not married) but I tried to get my female cousin to see it with me, but she said I would NOT enjoy that type of movie.

Naturally, I did (enjoy it, that is.....particularly the Vera Wang bridal gown.)

PrettyFlowingGown
01-27-2009, 08:05 AM
I want to see this, and I will do this weekend. I was in the city the other day and there was a digital poster of it that changed to a different image, and it was the both actresses twirling together in their beautiful bridal gowns. When I saw that, I thought "gotta go see this!!". The gorgous wedding gowns are what I want to see most.

JoAnne Wheeler
01-27-2009, 03:35 PM
I gues that I will have to go see it since you have reccomended it - my Spouse knows how many FEMININE qualities I have - she asks for my help in getting herself dressed and what colors go with what

But I wish that she was more accepting

JoAnne Wheeler

Persephone
01-27-2009, 04:53 PM
The gowns and the Wedding scenes are good. It is basically a "gal pal" friendship movie. Like "Mean Girls," and the 1939 version of "The Women," it shows a great deal more about women than we are used to seeing on film, but it takes the comedy rather over the top.

I saw it with my spouse and a GG friend of mine. The friend said she really enjoyed it, my spouse didn't care for it.

I tend to side more with my spouse on this one. The visuals are good, the insight into a "girl fight" is good, but they could have done with better casting and better acting and a better script.

docrobbysherry
01-27-2009, 08:36 PM
Saw it 3 days ago with my daughter. Until I read this post, I forgotten I'd seen it! :sad: We also saw Valkerie, and Mall Cop.:heehee:

The dresses and outfits R beautiful! Specially the Vera Wang cake dress! :daydreaming: Other than that, and unless u like JLo's weird figure, I'd skip it and go straight to see Valkerie!:D

And there were also some WONDERFUL period outfits on the women in Valkerie!:daydreaming:

AKAMichelle
01-27-2009, 09:29 PM
I enjoyed the movie and my retort to my wife made it all the better.

I love romantic comedies. I have a huge library of them. This showed how women interact in much more detail than any other movie that I can remember. It was a movie that showed the bonds that women share with each other. It made me a little sad because men don't usually have those bonds. We don't usually have friends from when we were kids which we still have as adults.

BTW, I was going to go see Valkerie tonight, but it got too late to see the movie dressed. So it is hereby postponed until tomorrow. I like to go see movies and wish that I had a girlfriend to go with.